• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 912 Views, 67 Comments

How Vinyl Scratch Met Stevie Wonder - Artist



Vinyl couldn’t come up with the right song, she needed to come up with a song for her platinum record that she was going to sell.

  • ...
 67
 912

The Grand Galloping Gala.

Author's Note:

I deleted the other chapter, because I figured that this chapter would fit better to what I am about to have them do.

I’m not gonna spoil anything, you’ll just have to read for yourself.

The main six, Vinyl, Octavia and the two musicians were at Sugar Cube Corner, talking, and having cupcakes.

“Well, since the Gala is only in a few days, we best get prepared!” Octavia spoke as she took a bite of her chocolate cupcake.

Ray nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I can’t wait!” Pinkie squealed in sheer delight.

Stevie was sitting a few feet away in a corner.

“Hey, Stevie, come join us.” Fluttershy spoke as she noticed Stevie sitting by himself, he looked like he was on the verge of tears.

Ever since coming to Equestria, Stevie felt like he wasn’t accepted, like he didn’t belong.

Fluttershy looked at Applejack with a worried look on her face.

Applejack went over to where Stevie sat and sat down beside him.

“Tell me what’s bothering you, sugar?” The orange cowgirl questioned.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” The brown stallion mumbled turning his back to AppleJack.

“I also tried to get him to tell me what is wrong, but he wouldn’t, but I might have an idea what is bothering him.” Ray spoke as he came over.

“Yeah?” The orange pony asked.

Ray leaned over and whispered in her ear, AppleJack’s eyes went as wide as sauces. ”He..” she managed to get out.

Ray simply nodded and went back to the table to finish his cupcake.

“What’s wrong AJ?” Twilight asked seeing her friend visibly upset.

“Ray told me that Stevie doesn’t love me” Applejack answered before running out the door.

The main six all looked at Stevie, who was still sitting in the corner his back turned to them.

“Oh dear.” Fluttershy softly spoke as she went over to where Stevie sat.

“Why don’t you love AJ?” The Pegasus asked.

“It ain’t that simple, I mean I do love her, but I don’t know how to tell her.” Stevie almost shouted.

“Is that all, well, I can help you with that.” Pinkie spoke.

All of the ponies looked at the pink earth pony in surprise.

“What?” She asked as she hopped over to Stevie and put a hoof around his shoulder.

“Pinkie, you really are full of surprises.” Rainbow commented.

The pink pony only shrugged.

“How?” Stevie asked removing his glasses and wiping away his tears.

“Well, I don’t really know yet, but we will figure something out.” Pinkie reassured the brown stallion.


A few days later, at Rarity’s boutique, Moonwalker, Ray and Stevie were fitted for their tuxedos.

“Hold still, Moonwalker!” Rarity complained as Moonwalker fidgeted.

Moonwalker let out a heavy sigh as he kept still, keeping still wasn’t really what he was known for, but he knew he needed to do it, so Rarity could fit his tuxedo.

“There you are, you look adorable!” Rarity beamed as she was putting the finishing touches on the tuxedo.

Moonwalker smiled and went over to a mirror to admire himself.

“Wow, I look awesome, thank you, Rarity!” Moonwalker gushed as he admired himself.

“You’re welcome, dear!” Rarity smiled as she admired her work.

Moonwalker was wearing a black tuxedo with white horseshoes and a black top hat.

Next up it was Stevie’s turn.

“Darling, it’s your turn to be fitted for your tuxedo!” Rarity said to Stevie as he stepped up on to the platform.

As Rarity went to get Stevie’s tuxedo, Ray cautiously approached the platform.

“I think we need to talk about what happened a few days ago at Sugar Cube Corner!” Ray spoke softly as he got closer.

“Can’t you just drop it already?” Stevie nearly snapped.

“Hey now, I just wanted to clear something up, didn’t mean any harm!” Ray was taken aback by his friend’s outburst.

“I’m sorry, Ray I didn’t sleep well last night!” Stevie lied.

Ray raised an eyebrow at that, he knew that his friend was lying, but he didn’t say anything.

When Rarity came back with Stevie’s tuxedo, she started taking measurements.

When she was done with taking the measurements.

“I’m so excited to go to the Gala this year!” Moonwalker spoke as Rarity continued with Stevie’s tuxedo fitting.

“Yeah, it will be very exciting!” Ray agreed.


A day before the Gala, Twilight’s friends went to Canterlot, Twilight already was there preparing for the Gala.

“Ohhh, this is so exciting!” Pinkie squealed as she waited with her friends at the train station for the train to Canterlot.

“Now Pinkie ah know yrr excited, I’m also pretty excited after all, this will be my first Gala.” Ray calmed her.

“That’s right, you’ve never been to the Gala before, neither has Stevie!” Rainbow agreed.

Stevie was standing next to Ray.

“Even I’m pretty excited for it!” The brown stallion spoke with a grin on his face.

“I think I see the train!” Rainbow spoke as she hovered.

As the train arrived, a loud whistle could be heard, and the doors opened and ponies filed out.

“Come on girls!” Rarity spoke as she and her friends boarded the train.


Once the train arrived at Canterlot station, and the doors open ponies filed out in all directions.

Stevie and Ray were guided out by Rarity.

Welcome to Canterlot, home of the Grant Galloping Gala!” Rarity spoke in a dramatic fashion.

“Wow.” Stevie said, without knowing what the city looked like.

The friends walked through Canterlot to the castle where the Gala was held.

The city was bustling with activity from ponies doing various activities, they were getting ready for the Gala, ponies bustled around with last minute preparations.

“This is just so incredible!” Vinyl wowed.

“Canterlot, is one of the most awesome cities ever!” Rainbow agreed.

“Yeah!” Fluttershy quietly agreed with her friend.

After a few moments of walking, they arrived at the castle and went inside.

The inside of the castle was decorated with cool decorations, Princess Celestia and Twilight stood at the entrance, greeting ponies as they came in.

“Girls, you made it!” Twilight excitedly shouted as she raced over to her friends.

“Do you really think we would miss this, no way!” Ray asked.

Twilight smiled.

“Hey Stevie, how are you doin, sugar?” Stevie heard a voice behind him say, he turned around.

“AJ, is that you?!” Stevie asked.

“Yeah, um, you look…nice!” Applejack nervously touched the back of her head with a hoof.

“Well, thank you, I’m sorry I don’t know what you look like!” Stevie apologized.

“Well, I have a beautiful orange dress on with apples on the hem of it, and I got a cowboy hat on and some boots.” Applejack describe her dress for Stevie.

Stevie blushed as he realized that this would be his chance to tell Applejack how he really felt about her.

“AJ, I….” Stevie began, but was cut off by Ray pulling him away.

“Come on, let’s go inside!” The stallion said guiding his friend inside.

Stevie let out a heavy sigh as he was guided away from his only chance of telling the one that he loved how he felt about her.