• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 912 Views, 67 Comments

How Vinyl Scratch Met Stevie Wonder - Artist



Vinyl couldn’t come up with the right song, she needed to come up with a song for her platinum record that she was going to sell.

  • ...
 67
 912

Drama at the gala.

The Grand Galloping Gala was underway, every pony was dancing to Vinyl’s new song that she had created.

Stevie was standing at the edge of the dance floor with Twilight and Moonwalker.

“Ain’t this just cool.“ Moonwalker spoke slightly.

“Yeah, ah guess so.” Stevie said dreamily, clearly thinking about Applejack.

“Dude, are you even listening to me?” Moonwalker asked.

“Huh, oh yeah sorry, I was….” Stevie trailed off.

Moonwalker looked at his friend in surprise, then looked out at the dance floor, to see Applejack dancing by herself.

“Come on, go out there, you go get her, lover boy!” Moonwalker smiled.

"Moon please, I don’t feel like that about her!” Stevie lied.

"Yeah, right, bro I know the way you get around her, you always get weak knees around her, it’s so cute!" Moonwalker gushed.

Stevie just rolled his eyes and went out onto the dance floor.

“Hey, Applejack, you wanna… dance?” Stevie awkwardly asked.

“No, ah don’t, Ray told me that ya don’t love me!” Applejack screamed.

“But I…do!” Stevie spoke.

“Ah don’t believe ya, yerr lyin!” Applejack shot back.

“I’m not, I do love you!” Stevie complained. “AJ please listen to me.”

Apple jacks eyes stung with tears as she looked at Stevie.

Then she ran out of the ballroom.

All of the noise on the dance floor seemingly slow down, as Stevie set down on the floor, as he felt the tears fall from his eyes.

“Stevie, you ok?” Stevie heard Twilight’s voice through the quiet.

“Does it look like I’m ok, AJ don’t even love me.” Stevie cried.

Twilight glanced at Moonwalker who stood beside her.

“Stevie, I know how it feels, not to be loved!” Moonwalker spoke softly.

“Yeah….well I bet you never felt a broken heart, th…the way ah’m feelin’ it.” Stevie sobbed, flinging his hooves around Twilight’s neck.

Twilight padded him on the back.

“Hey, it’s gonna be ok.” She spoke softly.


Out in the garden, Applejack was sitting and sopping, she didn’t understand why Stevie didn’t love her.

Then again, maybe when Ray was just saying that as a sort of joke.

Rarity found Applejack when she went out into the garden.

“Hey, darling, what’s wrong?” The white unicorn asked her friend.

“Oh Rarity, Stevie don’t love me, but it ain’t like you’d understand!” Applejack cried.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Rarity asked in surprise.

“Ah mean you got Spike.” AppleJacks snapped.

“Oh, Applejack, Spike and I are just friends, nothing more.” The white unicorn said.

Applejack rolled her eyes and walked away.

Why couldn’t she have what Rarity had, the white unicorn had a perfect love life, and all Applejack had was a crush on a pony who didn’t reciprocate her feelings.

“Why can’t she understand that I love him, but he doesn’t seem to get it!” The orange pony thought to herself.


Back inside, Twilight had gotten Stevie back onto his hooves and held him close as he cried.

Ray came over when he heard Stevie crying.

"Hey, what’s goin' on here?" He asked.

“Is it true that you told Applejack that Stevie didn’t love her?” Twilight glared at Ray.

“Well, yeah but ah didn’t think that it would hurt him so much if Apple Jack knew the truth.” Ray said nonchalantly.

“It did, I don’t know where you got the idea that I didn’t love her, but I do love her, just don’t know how to say it.” Stevie exploded before storming out into the garden, where just moments before Applejack had stormed off to as well.

“Ray, I think you have a lot of explaining to do.” Twilight demanded looking at him with a stony gaze. "I’m going after Stevie before he does something we will regret!"

“But, Twilight I didn’t….” Ray began, but Twilight had already used her magic to teleport herself into the garden.

Ray hung his head in shame, Moonwalker just looked like he was about to cry as well, but held it together, and looked at his friend with a disappointed look before walking off.


Twilight teleported into the garden to find Stevie sitting by one of the flowerbeds.

“Hey, Stevie, I know you’re upset but Ray didn’t mean it.” Twilight sat beside him.

“And ah’m supposed to believe ya.” Stevie spoke.

Twilight let out a heavy sigh, and put a wing around Stevie and pulled him into a hug.

“What’s really going on?” She asked.

Stevie took a deep breath, and started explaining that Vinyl was in love with Ray, and he only went to AppleJack, because he didn’t know where else to go.

Twilight raised an eyebrow when Stevie had finished.

“So, that’s why you’re so upset, because you think that is something between Vinyl and Ray?” The purple alicorn asked.

Stevie nodded as a few tears run down his face.

“Listen, let’s go back inside.” Twilight advised gently as she guided Stevie back into the ballroom.

Once back inside, Ray was standing with Rainbow Dash by the punch bowl, when rainbow noticed that Stevie had come back she mentioned this to him.

Rainbow and Ray went over to where Twilight and Stevie were standing.

“Hey, Stevie ah’m sorry that ah hurt ya, Ah didn’t mean it.” Ray spoke solemnly.

Stevie didn’t say anything he didn’t need his friend’s apology, Ray had broken his trust, and now he needed to earn it back.

“Please, Stevie, say somethin.” Ray begged.

“I think you’ve done enough for one day, don’t ever want to speak to you again.” Were the only words out of Stevie’s mouth.

Ray was taken aback by Stevie’s words, he had known him for much longer than any of the girls had, so why did Stevie like the girls more then he liked Ray after all he was his friend, was he not?

“Fine.” Ray angrily stormed off but he didn’t go to the garden, instead, he went out of the castle completely, and found a quiet corner and sat down

“Umm, why does there has to be so much fighting at these things?” Rainbow who had witnessed the whole exchange spoke up.

Twilight simply shrugged and went back over to Moonwalker with Stevie by her side.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

There’s a bit of a quarrel going on with Ray and Stevie, Twilight is there to try and mediate, but who knows if she will succeed.

Will apple jack ever find true love? Who knows, even I don’t know.

I simply love this interaction between Stevie and Twilight.