• Published 19th Jul 2019
  • 4,576 Views, 225 Comments

Tears of Sunlight - JWolfSilver



The next chapter in Sunset's story is about to begin and it all starts with the friendship games. A story of family, friendship, magic and so much more is just around the corner.

  • ...
9
 225
 4,576

Chapter 17

Author's Note:

Guess what??? It's the next chapter! I wanted something light and fluffy and fun to get back into it. I also thought it was really cute. I was kind of inspired by a series I've been reading by SJ Whitby.

Anyway, enjoy.

When they finally got home, Sunset trudged up to her room where she flopped face down on her bed. She desperately wanted to fall asleep but, to her irritation, her phone rang. She glanced at the screen and groaned before answering it and pressing her phone to her ear.

“Yes, Fluttershy?” She asked though it came out as more of a muffled grumble.

“I am so sorry to bother you when you’re already so tired, but we just got in an entire litter of puppies.” Fluttershy explained, “They are only a couple hours old.”

Sunset bit her lip, “What happened to the mother?” when she was met with silence, she understood, “What do you and Doctor Fauna need help with?”

“Nothing tonight. She and Blaze have got it covered tonight but they need help after school tomorrow with feeding them and they all need baths but the shelter is full.” Fluttershy sighed, “I was also wondering if maybe Twilight would want to come?”

Sunset raised a brow and sat up in her bed, “I don’t know, why don’t you ask her?”

She could hear Fluttershy shifting on the other end, “I don’t know her that well and you have talked to her more than the rest of us. I’m very nervous around new people.”

Sunset sighed deeply. She didn’t mean to sound as irritated as she did, she was tired and wanted nothing more than to take a nap before Luna dragged her out of bed for dinner.

“I’m sorry, I just-“ Fluttershy sputtered before Sunset cut her off.

“No, sorry, I’m not mad.” She recoiled, “I’ll call her and text you what she says.”

Fluttershy let out a sigh of relief, “Thank you, Sunset.”

Sunset smiled, “It’s no problem. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

After she hung up, she opened her contacts and called Twilight.

“Hello, Sunset. To what do I owe the pleasure.” Sunset couldn’t tell if she was nervous or distracted but her voice was considerably higher pitched.

“Twilight? Is everything alright?” she asked.

“Oh everything is fine! Completely under control!” Sunset wasn’t convinced, especially after the loud crash that resulted in Spike yelping in the background.

“What are you doing?” Sunset asked.

“Oh, just making dinner.” She said sheepishly, “My parents went out so it’s just me.”

“She can’t cook!” Spike yelled.

Sunset couldn’t help chuckle.

“Oh hush, you.” Twilight said to Spike, “It’s just like chemistry. Different ingredients coming together to form a compound!”

“Or an explosive disaster.” Sunset muttered under her breath, “How often do you cook?”

“Does frozen pizza count?” She asked.

Sunset snorted, “Instead of burning your house down, why don’t you just order something?”

There were a good few moments of silence before Twilight responded, “Oh. My dad left me money on the counter.”

Sunset laughed but it was cut short by a yawn, “Now that your food issue is solved, there was actually another reason I called.”

“Oh, right.” Twilight said, “What is it?”

“A litter of puppies without a mother just came into the shelter and they need a few extra hands after school tomorrow. I said I’d help and Fluttershy was too…well, shy to ask you herself so I told her that I’d ask you.” Sunset explained.

“I mean, sure.” She said, “It would be a great opportunity to get to know you both better. Besides, I really want to know if Spike can translate other animals.”

Sunset shook her head and smiled, “Do you always make things into impromptu experiments?”

“It settles my nerves.” Twilight admitted.

“Fair enough.” Sunset said, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Sunset yawned again.

“Please tell me you’re going to go to sleep.” Twilight said.

“That’s the plan.” Sunset said, “Good night.”

“Night!” Twilight said before hanging up.

Sunset sent Fluttershy a quick text before she flopped down in her bed. She didn’t even have time to think about anything else as she fell asleep.

***

Sunset told Luna and Celestia about her after school plans so they wouldn’t wait for her for dinner. Celestia, being the caring woman she was, gave Sunset way more money than necessary so she could get something to eat. Sunset tried to protest before Celestia gave her a pointed glare and lecture about ‘being a kid’ that served to send shivers down her spine. So, instead she took the money, said thank you and made a hasty exit.

Sunset parked in her spot at the school and headed for the wonder colt statue…well, pedestal. She smiled as Twilight waved at her and she gave a little wave back.

“Sunset! Sunset!” Spike yelled as he ran up to her. His tail wagged as sunset looked down at him, “Twilight’s so excited to go to the shelter!” Spike put his paw up to his mouth as if that would prevent anyone else from hearing his voice, “Twilight doesn’t get out much.”

“I do too!” Twilight yelled from several meters away.

Sunset couldn’t help but laugh as she set her helmet down on the pedestal and sat on the ground next to twilight.

“I do get out. Just not as much as Spike would like to.” She said defensively.

“It’s alright, I used to not get out much either.” Sunset said, “Then I got punched in the face and got dragged in with all these guys.”

“We weren’t the ones who hit her, for the record.” Rainbow Dash said from not too far away, bouncing a ball on her knees.

Despite that ‘helpful’ statement, Twilight gave them a confused look.

Sunset sighed and shook her head, “It’s a long story but let's just say I can be very-“

She didn’t finish as Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy walked up to the portal.

“Stubborn.” Rainbow said.

“Oh!” Pinkie appeared at Sunset’s side, “Are we describing Sunset? Stubborn is a great word!”

“Don’t forget denial.” Rarity said.

“Hot headed.” Added AJ.

“You really don’t-“ Sunset sighed but she was, yet again cut off.

Fluttershy giggled, “She always acts so tough.”

“Yes,” Rarity said, “She never asks for help when she most definitely needs it.”

Twilight was trying to hold back her laughter from her spot next to Sunset.

“She sucks at sports.” Rainbow said matter-of-factly.

“Okay, you can stop now.” Sunset groaned.

Fluttershy was the one to grin, “She is a big softie, though.”

“Oh yeah, once she got over being power hungry, we realized she’s actually super protective.” Rainbow noted.

“She’s really one of the super nicest people I’ve ever met.” Pinkie Pie said.

Sunset brought her knees up so she could bury her head in them. Rarity sat on the other side of her, after lightly dusting off the pavement.

“She absolutely cannot take a compliment either, especially the ones she deserves most.”

“Oh yes,” Fluttershy said, “She hates when you talk about her. She can be so shy.”

Sunset groaned, and lifted her head to look at Fluttershy who was now sitting in front of her, “Are you done yet?”

Applejack came up behind Fluttershy, “Alright. I think we’ve embarrassed her enough.”

That’s when they all broke out laughing, Twilight and Spike included.

“You guys are so funny.” Sunset said sarcastically despite the small smile on her face.

They calmed down as the first bell rang and they got up off the ground.

“Oh, sitting on the ground is so uncouth” Rarity said as she dusted off her clothes, “I have no idea how you all manage it.”

“That’s easy,” Rainbow said, ripping up a handful of grass, “try it some time.” She then proceeded to blow it in Rarity’s face, causing blades of grass to stick to her hair and clothes.

Rarity has gotten a lot better, but Sunset still half expected her to scream. Fortunately, she did not. Rarity went rigid while Rainbow laughed, and the others were trying hard not to.

The purple haired girl huffed before calmly getting her makeup kit and handing her bag to Fluttershy.

Rarity gave a sickeningly sweet smile, “How would you like a makeover Dashie?”

Rainbow stopped laughing, “Oh...uh, I’m good.”

Rarity grabbed lipstick from her bag, hot pink lipstick, “Are you sure? I Was thinking about some pink, and neon green…”

“No thanks.” Rainbow took a step back, causing rarity to take one forward, “That’s really nice of you, but I’m good.”

“Oh!” Rarity said, “I completely forgot that I wasn’t asking!”

That is the moment Rainbow knew she messed up and ran for the school. The others stood there for a moment before they ran after the two girls who were running down the halls, screaming at each other.

Comments ( 25 )

NICE!!!!!

Okay, this is funny:rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh:

The girls razzing Sunset with love and compliments at the end was both funny and really sweet.

Adorable and very sweet, great chapter!

"Rainbow Dash you get back here and take your punishment like a proper lady"
:raritywink:

This was a really great chapter lol.

So light hearted and sweet, I hope that isn't a set up for some calamity of dire proportions.

heh, cute. I miss a good friendly ribbing.

10604641
I know that's usually my MO but this time it was just to get back into it

That is the moment Rainbow knew she messed up and ran for the school. The others stood there for a moment before they ran after the two girls who were running down the halls, screaming at each other.

Would love to see that
Excellent chapter :moustache:

Oh please continue this 🙏😭

10753395
Planned on it! You just gotta wait til the 20th for me to have time to write it

10796191
Yeah I mean she acts like she feels bad for almost hurting a bunch of people and then what does she do after being yelled for doing something so dumb. She does it again. I get it was hard to say no but the final decision was all her. Do you feel bad or not because you are doing the very thing you just got yelled at for

Love this story so far. Looking forward to reading more. :twilightsmile:

I hope you update soon. I'm a big fan of this story and Scars, I've reread them so many times, that half time I just skip over to my fav parts. I can't wait to see what you do with Legend of Everfree. Are you also going to do something for the specials Dance Magic, Movie Magic and Mirror Magic?

Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Feb 24th, 2022

Love the story! i hope it isn't abandoned and will be updated in the future 'cuz it's really good

I hope this gets updated soon! I was enjoying this!:heart:

What will it take to prevent me from Crying, screaming and hitting something at the same time?

(Tries to hold in laughter, but ultimately fails) BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAEHHEHEHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA.
AWESOME, THAT WILL TEACH RAINBOW DASH NOT TO MESS WITH THE QUEEN OF FASHIONISTAS.

Do you have any plans to update this in the future?

Can’t wait for next chapter

Oh I so want more of this :'(

Login or register to comment