• Published 11th Jun 2019
  • 8,432 Views, 70 Comments

I'd like to soulmate with you - AlphaRidley



Chrysalis and Celestia discover they are soulmates the second time they meet. Soulmate-identifying marks.

  • ...
13
 70
 8,432

Bonus 2

Author's Note:

Dialogue is the bane of my existence. :(

Chrysalis wasn't usually nervous, anymore at least. When they'd first found each other she was nothing but a ball of nervousness and anxiety but as time had gone on she's slowly shed that away and the Chrysalis Celestia had first encountered came back. Usually wasn't never but Celestia still found herself surprised each time this happened.

"What's the matter love?"

"I..." Chrysalis fidgeted for a brief second before placing the tip of her right hoof over the center of her chest and taking a deep breath.

"Yes?" Celestia took a sip of her tea.

Having finished steeling herself, Chrysalis lifted her her face to stare at her mate. "I want to have a foal."

Celestia's cheeks puffed to prevent herself from spitting her tea out. That was certainly not what she'd been expecting. "Umm... Okay. We can got to the adoption center tomorrow if you'd like." Chrysalis frowned after she'd finished speaking so she must have missed something.

"No, you misunderstood me. I don't want a foal, I want to have a foal."

Ohhhh. Oh no. How was she supposed to respond to this? This wasn't bad per se but this was certainly not something she really wanted to deal with at the moment. "Chryssy..."

Chrysalis stomped hard enough to crack the floor. "No don't you Chryssy me I want to have a foal!"

"It's not possible." There was no way her mate wasn't aware of this, but she was quite the stubborn one. If she wanted something she'd try even though it was impossible.

"We have magic." Chrysalis replied snootily. That, that was a fair point. One little problem though.

"No such spell exists."

"Then make one." Ah, classic Chrysalis. If something isn't going your way, brute force it until it is. Celestia couldn't say such a way of doing things didn't often work, but that didn't mean it was always the correct answer.

"I wish I could but that would take a lot of time that I simply don't have, nor do I have the expertise to create such a complicated spell."

"Have Twilight create one then, she is the Element of Magic you know." Celestia fought the urge to roll her eyes at the last remark since Chrysalis did have a point. If there was anypony who would be able to create such a spell Twilight would be the one to do it.

"Lets say Twilight can create the spell, which one of us would it be used on?"

"You of course, I want to have the foal."

Celestia blushed heavily as she mulled it over. "I would not be opposed to that."

"Of course you wouldn't." Chrysalis' grin told Celestia that her mate knew exactly what she was thinking when she said that. "And besides," Chrysalis continued before she could respond. "I'm sure that Twilight and Rarity would be happy to use such a spell for themselves. They won't live forever you know and Twilight will need an heir."

This line of thought was something they had debated back and forth over for at least a good few months now. Celestia was of the opinion that if Twilight and Rarity wanted a foal they'd get one, but they didn't need to if they didn't want one. Chrysalis on the other hoof, was very insistent on the need for family, especially when royalty was concerned. Celestia suspected that Chrysalis was so insistent on Twilight having an heir because changelings (as Chrysalis had told her once or twice) were hive oriented. The idea of a family was very important to them (well it was important to Chrysalis since she's the only one). Celestia hadn't confirmed this theory of hers, but Chrysalis' stubbornness on the issue really did tell her everything she needed to know.

"I'm not going to try and pressure them into this Chrysalis."

"I'll stop bothering you about it if you ask Twilight to make the spell."

Celestia visibly reeled back at that statement. Was it possible that Chrysalis had begun to bother her about Twilight's need for an heir just so she could say she'd stop to get her way? She could honestly believe it. Chrysalis had proven how well she planned things out in the past when she'd single-hoofedly taken over Equestria. She hadn't taken over for very long, mind you, but it was still an impressive feat that deserved to be recognized.

"You planned this all out didn't you."

"But of course." And there it was. Her mate was a devious little thing all right. Celestia was sick of hearing about it though, so best to give her what she wanted.

"Very well I'll send her a letter in the morning."

"No do it tonight!"

"Chryssy I'm exhausted." Celestia whined.

Her mate was steadfast however, and would not be denied. "No, do it tonight. If I let you get away with not doing it tonight you'll forget."

"No I won't!"

"That's what you said last time, and low and behold the next morning you had completely forgotten."

"When was this?"

"Last week, you refused to give me kisses before bed, saying you'd wake me up with some tomorrow morning. The next day I woke up alone." Celestia's cheeks reddened in embarrassment. How could she have forgotten that? Chrysalis had near refused to speak with her for the rest of the day afterwards.

"Okay I'll go get it done."

"Thank you Tia."

Dear Twilight,

Comments ( 17 )

And just when i thought that this story was the best it could be. You find a way to make it even better.

They really are an old married couple, aren't they?

9683705
I mean they are old and they are married...

I wonder what Twilights reacion to that letter was...
It would probably depend on how direct they will write it.

:twilightangry2:: "They want me to create an WHAT-spell?!"
:raritywink:: "That actually sounds quite kinky, darling. I would love to try it out myself."

Bane? Would you say dialogue breaks your back?

9683728
I love this. If you want you can keep making such small cute bonuses. It's quite wonderful.

9684314
:twilightsmile:

9684356
Absolutely.

9684526
Thank you!
I actually think I'm done for now. I mean we'll see if I get another idea but I don't think that'll happen.

9683352
I don't know about the best it can be but I'm glad you liked it!

9684578
And that's perfectly fine.

9684578
You could always, you know, make an sequel

9812070
I could do that yes, but I have other ideas I want to explore. I'll probably come back to this eventually, but who knows when that will be. My job keeps me busy enough I don't have too much free time to write.

9812080
Alrighty, thanks for the info, and please have a good day, a fun time, and lastly, a happy life

Very interessting story. Nice work

...now I wanna see Princess Momlestia and Queen Chrysalis raising a kid!

10282953
You'll get it eventually, assuming I can finish some of my other projects.

An amusing little story. It was a good read.

10282953
Me too.

Still, very cute.

Login or register to comment