• Published 11th Jun 2019
  • 8,363 Views, 70 Comments

I'd like to soulmate with you - AlphaRidley



Chrysalis and Celestia discover they are soulmates the second time they meet. Soulmate-identifying marks.

  • ...
13
 70
 8,363

Bonus

Author's Note:

Don't look at me like that I had some free time.

"Tia!" Chrysalis' voice rang through the throne room as she slammed open one of the various side doors and skipped towards Celestia. The guards had quickly become accustomed to Chrysalis doing this on the rare occasion that she didn't arrive with Celestia early in the morning before Day Court started.

They barely even flinched anymore!

Celestia was thankful that there was a lull in her meetings with ponies right now. It was always kind of awkward when her Chrysalis barged in and made herself the center of attention when Celestia was in the middle of a conversation.

It didn't take long for Chrysalis to reach her and when she did she jumped up onto their throne and pulled Celestia into a hug, shoving her face into Celestia's mane and taking a deep breath. A brief second was all it took for Chrysalis to smell what Celestia had desperately tried to cover up with perfume this morning, and when she did her entire body tensed. Celestia had no doubt Chrysalis' pupils would be slits if she could see them.

"Blood."

"It's just a scratch." Celestia didn't even try to deny it, knowing that doing so would only make Chrysalis angrier.

When they had first gotten back from their honeymoon Chrysalis had become quite territorial, not even allowing Luna to touch Celestia. She'd been told Chrysalis had ranted something along the lines of "How dare you try to tarnish my soulmate with your disgusting filth!" when Luna had tried but she'd been too busy trying to calm Chrysalis down and hold her back to really listen to what she was saying. A day or two later and Celestia had gotten Chrysalis to agree to allow others to touch her but she still flew into that kind of rage if Celestia had even a tiny scratch on her.

Celestia surmised that her soulmate did this because she still felt guilty for having hurt her and so she endeavored to never let Celestia be hurt ever again, and should she ever be hurt it was a personal failing on her part. She was tempted to ask if she was correct but thought if she did Chrysalis might become self-conscious and stop, and her soulmate was hot when she was angry.

She also ended up never doing it because being "nursed back to health" over even the tiniest scrape was quite enjoyable.

"What happened."

It wasn't a question but a demand, and Celestia knew she'd have to respond. "One of the chandeliers fell on me on my way here this morning."

"Show me." Tilting her head to the side Celestia obediently revealed a scratch on the right side of neck.

"I thought you said it was small!" Chrysalis snarled after a few seconds of examining the wound. "This is at least three inches long!"

"It is-" Celestia started to argue but the look on Chrysalis' face had her mouth snapping shut before she could finish.

"I will be the judge of that." Chrysalis said with finality. "Now stay still."

Chrysalis promptly began her tradition of cleaning any wound her soulmate got... with her tongue. Celestia assumed this to be some kind of Changeling instinct because as far as she knew no type of pony, not even her sister's bat ponies, would do this.

It didn't take very long until Chrysalis was satisfied with her work enough to take her attention off of Celestia. "You there!" She snapped at the nearest Celestia's guards. "Get rid of all the chandeliers on our half of the castle!"

Okay while she hadn't been opposed to doing what Chrysalis wanted before this was a bit too far. She quite liked her chandeliers when they weren't falling on top of her. "That won't be necessary my love."

"They hurt you I want them gone." Chrysalis bit back while tightening her hold.

Celestia contently sighed and rubbed her cheek under Chrysalis' chin. "I can understand that, but it was just a freak accident. It will not going to happen again."

"But-"

"I'll give you a kiss~"

Celestia could almost feel the emotions warring beneath the surface of her mate. She had quickly learned that Chrysalis absolutely adored kissing her at every opportunity that presented itself. Whether they were alone in their room or during the middle of Day Court while she was in the midst of talking, Chrysalis didn't care. If she wanted a kiss she'd take one. Celestia was fairly confident that it was too good of an offer for the changeling to resist.

Chrysalis leaned down. "Fine, but it had better not happen ever again."

"..."

"Mmm~"