• Published 12th Jan 2019
  • 1,049 Views, 159 Comments

From British to Midlander - Discord The Narrator



Tom transforms into a human version of certain character he likes...

  • ...
2
 159
 1,049

...are meant to happen.

The portal opened and Tom finally landed on the ground. Opening his eyes, he saw he was in the middle of a forest. The ground surrounding him was full of grass and leaves, which made the landing softer.

The most curious thing was the weather: the sky had no clouds, and the sun was giving its warmth.

"Well, at least it's not rainin' anymore." Tom said. His eyes fully opened after realizing something.

"Wait, what did Ah say?" He covered his mouth with his hands, which looked different, like they were painted in brown. While checking his hands, he also noticed the clothes he was currently wearing: a striped T-shirt and a pair of green jeans with two suspenders. He was even wearing a pair of shoes.

"How can this be possible?" Tom said, noting that his voice sounded different. It was more like a feminine voice. After thinking about what he could do, there was the most important thing for him.

"Ah have ta see mah whole body. Just ta make sure who Ah turned into."

And he walked through the forest, determined to find answers.


After passing by plants and trees, Tom finally got out of the forest, seeing a city in the distance.

"Well, maybe the people from there can help me." He said. However, after taking one step forward, he stopped.

"And then? What should I say? I don't think they would believe me. I mean, a guy who travels to another world thanks to a portal? And he even turns into a girl? Would they really think it's true? Either way, I still have to ask them."

Shaking his head to get rid of those thoughts, he stared at the city as he continued walking towards it.


Arriving there, he saw it looked like any normal city, and he walked on one side of a street.

"It would be easier if I had a map or something..." He thought, looking around.

He became surprised when he started seeing people. No, not surprised to see people. Surprised by their appearance.

"Uuuh... Everyone looks... so colorful!"

Three kids passed by him, laughing as they played. On the other side of the street, he saw two guys talking to each other. He also noticed an old woman sweeping the door of her house. Those were included among other people.

The surprising thing was that the colors were different for every single person, whether it was a man, woman, elder or kids.

"So colorful!" Tom thought, marveled by the sight.

He then decided to see his reflection on one of the parked cars. Looking at one of its windows, he confirmed the change after seeing a girl.

"AH!!" He yelled, before covering his mouth instantly. He frantically looked around, feeling nervous, but everything seemed normal.

"Huh... At least nobody has heard me..."

"What do you mean, Babs? I clearly heard you yelling, although I'm probably the only one who heard you. Is everyone getting deaf or something? Because that's not nice!" Tom looked at his left, seeing Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, it's you, Pinkie." Tom said.

"That's my name! And yeah, I was spending some time around the city. I'll be with my friends later, by the way!" Pinkie told him, with a big smile on her face.

That made Tom chuckle. "Oh, Pinkie, never change. Anyways, what-"

A sound interrupted him, and it was coming from his belly.

"Ooooooh! Someone is hungry! Come with me!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Before Tom could react, Pinkie grabbed him by his right arm, dragging him along.

"Woah! Pinkie! Calm down!" He managed to say.

Comments ( 32 )

Well, it has begun. I look forward to see where this is going.

9404742
Although I have no idea what will happen next, I can verify that this account is 100% true.

"Wait, what did Ah say?" He covered his mouth with his hands, which looked different, like they were painted in brown. While checking his hands, he also noticed the clothes he was currently wearing: a striped T-shirt and a pair of green jeans with two suspemders. He was even wearing a pair of shoes.

Typo; 'suspenders'.

9419823
I'd only just spotted it.

9420135
And my writer's block has cleared.

9420160
I hate it when I can't write anything.

9420163
Yeah, that can happen. But don't worry about it, that problem can also be solved.

9420167
Either by waiting, or writing some random nonsense. One such piece of nonsense eventually turned into An Apple a Day...

9420169
That sounds more like Fluffyrescent.:unsuresweetie:

9420175
No, seriously. I wrote the TF to try and alleviate writer's block. I then fleshed it out into a story, and hey presto!

9420180
Proof that oddness can produce some wonderful results.

On an unrelated note, how's chapter 3 rolling?

9420187
Going pretty well, although today I'll be publishing a chapter for JimmyHook19 on my DeviantArt page.

9420194
I'll keep an eye out.

9420204
No problem, and I'll also tell you when it's up.

9420206
Cheers. I've been following the DeviantArt page and have thoroughly enjoyed what is there so far.

9420529
That's great, friend. Glad you like it.:twilightsmile:

When I dived into this story, I thought the Tom that was in the short summery was Tom the rock. But it was only Tom the human turned into Babs Seed.

Will there be 2 Babs?

9832991
Yeah, but it's another Tom. Mainly because I'm not sure how a rock could work as a living character who likes another character from a TV show.:unsuresweetie:

Also, I didn't think about adding a second Babs. Is there any reason for which you would like to see that?:derpytongue2:

9833032
Just curious that is all.
Sometimes a human turned pony doesn't replace the pony they become in the world.

I'm fine with Tom the human and how the story is going. It's just the silly thought I had when I read the summery. Just imagine of Tom the rock, just so happened to fly through the EQG Mirror because of something silly, such as the pressure from Tirek's blast has shoved Tom towards the crystal empire. Its mighty solid body shattered through the windows of the crystal castle and penetrated the crystal floors. The tremor of the crystal castle being assaulted by a projectile has tipped the mirror over facing upwards, as the solid mass broke through the ceiling and landed inside the mirror.

I didn't think about how or why Tom the rock would changed into Babs Seed when it transferred over. But that was pretty much my thoughts before diving into the story.:derpytongue2:

9833609
Heh, that would have been an interesting way for the rock to travel to the other world.:yay:

Login or register to comment