• Published 26th Dec 2018
  • 1,470 Views, 45 Comments

A Hearth's Warming Dream - Anzel



All Crystal and Silent want for Hearth’s Warming is to celebrate the holiday with all their friends and family, but something always gets in the way. This year, their dream is finally coming true—just not how they imagined.

  • ...
4
 45
 1,470

Epilogue

Silent and Crystal were lounging in bed, enjoying each other’s company and happy to have all their foals asleep at the same time. They didn’t need to speak to know what the other was thinking or feeling.

From out in the living room, the quiet but rapid sound of a hoof knocking at the front door worked its way to their ears above the snores and mumbles.

“That will likely be the princess, here to apologize,” Silent murmured softly.

Crystal nodded and whispered back, “Probably. Don’t keep her waiting. Get her inside, too, it’s below freezing out there.”

As carefully as he could, Silent shifted out of the bed, leaving his wife and three children to enjoy the warmth.

He trotted casually out of the bedroom and over to the front door to pull it open. “Listen, it is completely fi—” Silent came to a sudden halt.

The figure in front of him wasn’t a majestic alicorn of the night, but a lithe nox pegasus with gangly legs and large wings.

It was Soothing Breeze, and she looked excited. She never looked excited.

“High Marshal, I was wrong before! So wrong!”

Her dark purple coat was covered in snow, no armor or even a jacket to protect it. She must have forgotten to put on anything, Silent guessed. The way she gasped for air that came out in heavy puffs against the chill meant she had probably forgotten about her wings, too, and galloped the whole way.

“I found it,” she said in a trembling voice. “I know where it is!”

Author's Note:

Yeah, this might be a hint about something ;)

If you are enjoying this story, please consider taking a look at Crystal and my's website QuillnBlade.com for extra content such as mini stories, Q&B AU wiki, and special rewards for the awesome folks who support our Patreon. We have monthly art give aways, a Q&B Discord RPG, a several other fun gifts for patrons.

Comments ( 14 )
JMP

While I'm extremely curious about what Soothing Breeze was looking for and found, I'm just happy to know that there's some interesting Quill & Blade stuff coming in the future.

Oooooooo ... hook, line, and sinker!

Dun dunnn dahhhhhhhhhh

OHH the next story better be coming soon with an ending like that!

ohhhh, you clever little filly

"Yeah, this might be a hint about something ;)"

*sputtered disbelief*
EXCUSE ME.
WHAT.
HOW DARE YOU GET ME ALL EXCITED FOR NEW KNIGHT MYSTERIES.
HOW DARE.
...
*squeee!*

So. New story coming soon, and Cherry Blossom has a headcanon voice like Stewie Griffin using the Royal Canterlot Voice.

Both are very important points that I will keep in mind for the future.

You sneaky person working in hook for another story.

Wait, you just threw in a hook for a new Knights book!? I never thought this would happen!? Glad I read the fluff!

So, I think there’s supposed to be a third book in Crystal’s line, does this mean there’s a fourth book in Silent’s line?

O.0 that cliff hanger ending!

This wonderfully well-written tale is the Featured Story in December for Twilight's Library

Login or register to comment