• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 1,720 Views, 134 Comments

Engines to the Rescue! - The Blue EM2

  • ...
9
 134
 1,720

Credits

Michelle Creber-Apple Bloom
Claire Corlett-Sweetie Belle
Madeleine Peters-Scootaloo
James Kirk-first student, person on platform
Shannon Chan-Kent-second student
Stephen Kynman-Duck
Keith Whickam-passenger, Gordon, Sir Toppham Hatt, BoCo, Whiff, Edward, Henry, Class 37 diesels
Tabitha St. Germain-Granny Smith, Rarity, Cookie Crumbles
Ashleigh Ball-Applejack, Rainbow Dash
Peter New-Big Mac, Hondo Flanks
Joe Mills-Oliver, Douglas
Saffron Henderson-Aunt Lofty
Jackie Blackmore-Aunt Holiday
Tim Whitnall-Stepney, Freshwater, Newport
Rebecca Shoichet-Sunset Shimmer
Andrea Libman-Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy
Sir Ian McKellan-the dockside inspector
Rob Rackstraw-Toby, James, Donald
Nigel Pilkington-Percy
John Hasler-Thomas
Blake Swift-Button Mash
Daniel Craig-The Shadow

I wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Quote the phrase 'Stepney', if you made it this far.

Comments ( 27 )

9324672
I felt it my duty to correct this gross injustice on the CMC, and I hope I succeeded in your eyes. Say, you wouldn't mind reading and commenting on something?

9324694
It should be with you know.
Here's something for the season:

Great story and great way for the engines to fix things with the Crusaders!

The talk between Thomas and sunset should have gone on a little longer. For me I would have Thomas not be here friend because of the way she treated the cmcs. Both go off sad.

In my own story sunset runs away a discovers a portal to sodor. Princess Twilight pissed off and the other still following including the cmcs who keep up the anon-a-miss stuff and soon the sodor engine get involved and as a punishment they are sent of to a place where kids shouldn’t be working and a fight between Sunset, Thomas and Princess Twilight leave all three in a fowl mood. After a bit while Thomas and Twilight rescues the cmcs sunset helps to get them out. Twilight doesn’t know she has been helping with railway yarding work and is able to use shunting engines because a deal with Principal Celestia father.

9340585
I'll give that a read, methinks. But it would be hypocritical of Thomas to expect Sunset to forgive the CMC and not forgive Sunset for how she used to be.

9340591
No Thomas and Princess Twilight are angry that Sunset forgotten why Christmas or Heartm warning eve is important to all Equestrian. They fight. Sunset runs of crying because another princess is angry at her. Gordon talks some sense into her while Henry talk some sense into Twilight and Thomas. Sunset overhears a conversation dealing with a trap. That will hurt the cmcs badly because some of the people and engines and Canterlot high school students sabotage a switch which would send them higher speed into a post.

Sunset gets Percy to help. And saves the day. Sunset walk away with a dislocated shoulder gotten while trying to shove the heaviest switch lever on the island.

Why is this story still marked incomplete?

I put off this story until it was complete, as I wanted to spare myself from any possible cliffhangers.

Now that I have read through it, I'm pleased to say it's another good one. The Great Western engines were hands down the best choices for this one and their chemistry with each crusader was well picked:
- Oliver & Scootaloo - Both daring and brave.
- Duck & Apple Bloom - Both hard working and level headed.
- Stepney & Sweetie Belle - Both bubbly and eager to please.

While I felt some bits were rushed here and there: Thomas chewing out Sunset and everyone's "My God, What Have I Done?" moments, and I'm also not clear about who 'The Shadow' actually is, this was a nice read and had the perfect Christmas ending that these stories solely lack.

9342007
It just updated today for me

9342401
Buckled Ties and Bumpy Tracks?

9342388
I agree. Beats Free and Easy.

9342416
I included the Shadow as a nod to Matthais Unidostres and this story;

TThe Shadow Knows!
The invisible detective known as The Shadow decides to clear Sunset Shimmer's name by finding out who Anon-a-Miss really is.
Matthais Unidostres · 14k words  ·  192  4 · 4.4k views

I thought it would be fun to play with the idea of a man who can cloak himself from the sight of people encountering sentient machines. I also wanted to inject some much-needed silliness.

Any suggestions for un-rushing portions of the story?

As I discussed with you previously, one thing that sickens me about most Anon-a-Miss stories is how dark they get and lack happy endings. Why should we have sad and depressing endings in fanfictions? We have enough of that in real life! So I included a happy ending.

One of my primary worries was not being seen as 'rewarding the Crusaders for their actions'. This is why they still get punished, but not as heavily. And who wouldn't want to work with Donald and Douglas?

9342420
Superb. Glad you enjoyed.

9342510
Perhaps after the engines scold the humane 6, they remain adamant and dismiss what they were told. But after a while, what the engines said really begins to sink in, and that's when they have their moments of clarity.

As for Thomas and Sunset's confrontation, I agree with 9340585 on that one; when they blow up at each other, they both leave saddened and both contemplate their actions for a while.

9343041
I decided to work on a different story because I’m stuck on the Christmas special story called Equestria Girls Christmas Disaster. I want at least 30 chapters unfortunately I’m stuck at chapter eight.

So I’m doing the Thomas and friends one. It’s set before big world big adventure. Sunset sneaks off not sure if she wants to back to Equestria, Canterlot high or stay. Principal Celestia will pony up because she is pissed at Princess Celestia and to make matters worse sci-Twilight is already there transformed into midnight Sparkle they will realize sunset is needed

9343041
I'll add that to a reworked version. But I don't think that'll be this year sadly.

9343077
I like the sound of that.

Login or register to comment