• Published 5th Sep 2018
  • 11,155 Views, 73 Comments

My Little Pony Godzilla: Dawn of Monsters - lazejovanov



Mysterious portals begin appearing in different locations in Equestria, allowing giant monsters from another world to enter and roam the land. Including the King of the Monsters: Godzilla.

  • ...
5
 73
 11,155

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Rage, hate... and loneliness. These were the feelings that Godzilla had known from birth — especially the last one. He was born in a world where he was essentially the last of his kind, the only other surviving member of his race being killed by the Oxygen Destroyer 30 years ago. The saurian swam in the oceans of his world for many years, and once he came to the surface, he was immediately greeted with hostility by the very creatures that would become the bane of his mutated existence. He had no ill-will towards them at first, but he quickly adopted as strong animosity for them — the beings that turned him into the abomination he was now. For years, he had lived a harsh life, full of rage, anger, hate, and above all... loneliness. But things would only turn worse when he discovered that other giant creatures of different species who have suffered similar fates to his own, also roamed this planet. Because of the harsh treatment he faced from humanity, Godzilla initially saw these fellow monsters as hostile competitors... and he was partly correct. But while he did battle them at first, the Monster King soon discovered that these creatures were not so different from himself... and that was when a strong bond was formed between them.

Godzilla's hostility with humanity had subsided thanks to the bond he formed with these fellow kaiju, but it wasn't a silver bullet. Humanity still viewed them as monsters that needed to be exterminated, and even worse, their home world had become a prime target for extraterrestrial monsters who would visit with sinister intent. But time and time again, Godzilla foiled their plans and claimed this planet as his territory. The bond with his fellow Earth kaiju and his adopted son was what kept the Monster King from succumbing to the darkness of his otherwise lonely heart, and becoming like the enemies he despised and fought against.

But even with that, Godzilla and his allies would continue to become subjects of hate and fear in their world, always having someone searching for a way to destroy them once and for all, rather than attempt to communicate with them.

So was that it? Was that the meaning to their existence? To be symbols of fear & hate? To be freaks of Nature?

To be monsters?

No.

There will always be light even in the darkest places — and Godzilla and his allies eventually learned that. In their latest attempt to exterminate the kaiju, humanity had inadvertently transported them to a world so similar, but yet so different from their own: Equestria. A world that would be seen as fantasy by the inhabitants of Earth, it was filled with magical and unique creatures — and the dominant beings in Equestria were ponies, which came into four main types; unicorns, Earth ponies, Pegasi and the rarest of all, Alicorns. At first, the ponies reacted to Godzilla and his fellow titans with the same fear as humanity did, but never used violence against them. However, after witnessing Godzilla and his allies risk their lives to save them and their world from the more malevolent monsters, the ponies quickly warmed-up to them. They began to trust and treat them with kindness, compassion, and loyalty.

This experience would change the kaiju's lives and their view of the world forever.


Only a few days had passed since the defeat of the Legion of Doom (Nulucus, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow) and their kaiju allies (Destoroyah, King Ghidorah, and Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah), and now that the threat has been dealt with, Twilight Sparkle would resume her coronation and become the new Ruler of Equestria!

...

Castle of Friendship

The soon-to-be Ruler of Equestria and her companion, Spike, were currently inside the Castle of Friendship, packing everything up and getting ready to move to Canterlot. However, Twilight herself seemed a little hysterical and uneasy as she raced from room to room without catching her breath — something Spike picked up on while fulfilling the checklist. It felt almost as if she was deliberately trying to delay the coronation.

"Twilight? Uh, I'm pretty sure that's everything." The little dragon gently inquired.

"I'm just doing a final check, Spike." Twilight replied, running past him.

"But we did a final check. Of every room. Twice." He pointed out.

"Ah-ha!" Twilight exclaimed with a prideful smile before showing Spike one of his comic books that he apparently forgot. "See? An issue of Power Ponies. Now, aren't you glad we triple-checked?" She asked confidently.

"Thanks, but I already read this one. I don't need to take it to Canterlot." Spike said.

"No-no-no! You love Power Ponies. We're taking it." She exclaimed before snatching the comic and putting it in one of the boxes.

"Really, Twilight, we don't have to bring the comic." Spike insisted, flying to Twilight's side. "I'm not even sure how much longer I'll collect them. A lot is changing, and I am getting older."

This comment caused Twilight Sparkle's uneasiness to get even worse. "Just because things change doesn't mean you leave everything you love behind!" She exclaimed with a hint of nervousness and fear in her tone before she collapsed on an empty box and sighed.

"You're not still worried about ruling Equestria, are you?" Spike asked worriedly, gently placing his claw on her head to comfort her.

"No. I know it took some time, but I've never been more ready for anything in my life." The Princess of Friendship said with certainty. "Just because I'm ready to sit on the throne in Canterlot, doesn't mean I'm ready to leave Ponyville. When we and Godzilla were all fighting to save Equestria from Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow, and Destoroyah, King Ghidorah and Monster X, I was too busy to think about it. But now it's all happening at once."

"What is?" Spike asked.

"The coronation. Moving. Leaving our friends." She explained as tears started pouring from her eyes. "And Godzilla and his friends leaving, too."

"I thought we'd all be ruling Equestria together." The little dragon recalled before his expression turned to sadness when he moved to the second subject. "And yeah... we all know Godzilla's gonna be leaving today after your coronation."

"Of course we're gonna be ruling Equestria together, but it won't be the same." Twilight continued to explain. "They all have lives here. We're moving away and they're not, and I can't help but feel like we're leaving them behind. What if we all just drift apart? Like how we will with Godzilla...?"

"Don't say that, Twilight!" Spike exclaimed angrily at his adopted sister, beginning to experience the same feelings that she was having. "Maybe you should talk to them. Maybe they're feeling the same way."

Hearing this, the Princess of Friendship smiled brightly at the suggestion. "You're right, Spike! Thanks. Sometimes talking to a good friend is all it takes." She said, hugging the young drake. "I already know how Godzilla's feeling about this, and I bet all of my other friends are feeling exactly like he is."

Both Twilight and Spike already knew how much the Monster King cared for them and Equestria, and how much he and the other Earth-born kaiju will miss them. Even though it was heartbreaking and depressing, it was also necessary, as both Twilight and Spike would have chosen to return home if they were in the Monster King's place, because they would want to keep their birth world safe, as well. The idea of one willingly abandoning their birth world in favor of a new one was wrong to them. Even if the current world was better, discarding the old one and its memories was still wrong. Godzilla and his fellow kaiju may not have had the best experiences in their home world, but there were things and places that they still treasured there, like Odo Island (Godzilla and Junior's home), Okinawa (the island that King Caesar must protect from all threats), Mu (a submerged continent that Manda once protected, and lived in), Infant Island (the birth-place and home of Mothra and the Elias), and of course, the planet itself.

Twilight remembered how after not showing up to a party that her childhood friend, Moon Dancer, had thrown—and even left for Ponyville without telling her—Moon Dancer became heartbroken and withdrawn, rejecting the idea of friendship altogether. And even though Moon Dancer came to accept her apology and friendship once more, Twilight didn't want Godzilla to make this same mistake she did.

...

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was currently stamping crates filled with apple cider and crates filled with regular apples, before stamping her checklist to make sure everything was there and ready to go, while Big Mac was moving said crates into the carriage.

"So, you're not worried about how things might change with me living in Canterlot?" Twilight asked, almost in shock.

"Of course not." Applejack replied casually. "Change is natural, like the seasons. That's just life on the farm."

"I... I guess so." The alicorn lowered her head in depression.

"Anyhoo, I really need to get all these boxes packed and sorted. There's a lot more work now that the folks beyond Equestria are comin' to the coronation, too." Applejack explained before resuming her work, much to her friend's increasing depression.

...

Next, Twilight and Spike headed to Pinkie Pie's party-planning cave to ask her the same thing they asked Applejack. Her response...

"Worried? Pfft! No way!" The pink Earth pony exclaimed happily. "Unless you're talking about the coronation, because then yes. Obviously the cakes are handled, but there's the whole rest of the party to stay on top of." She continued explaining while frantically moving around the cave and preparing balloons, before appearing right next to Twilight. "And honestly, I'm not convinced Gummy really took care of the fireworks." She pointed at her pet alligator, who was holding a sparkler in his mouth.

"But what about after the coronation? Don't you think things are gonna be different?" Twilight asked, hoping to get the positive answer she was hoping for.

"Well, since I'll be in charge of all the Canterlot galas from now on, I'll have to go there a lot more. So I guess that's different, but I don't think I mind." Pinkie casually replied, resuming her work, much like Applejack. And just like before, Twilight was left uneasy and depressed.

...

Failing that too, The soon-to-be Ruler of Equestria and her dragon companion then visited Fluttershy's animal sanctuary. When they arrived, Twilight was immediately surrounded by birds and butterflies, before two swans placed a crown made of twigs and leaves on her head.

"Wonderful work, everyone! We couldn't be more ready." Fluttershy applauded her animal friends. "Josephine, if you and the rest of the doves leave now, we should all arrive in Canterlot at the same time." Nodding, after the doves flew off, the yellow pegasus turned to the two swans. "Eloise and Hubert, you should go, too. I know it's a long way, but don't worry. I'll bring plenty of snacks to restore your energy before we perform." She assured them, prompting the swans to take off, as well. Afterwards, Fluttershy guided the hummingbirds and butterflies into their cages. "Everyone else gets to ride since the trip's too much for your little wings. We need everyone in tip-top shape for the coronation." Finally, the timid pegasus turned to her friend. "I'm glad we got the chance for one last rehearsal. Everyone's so excited. But I can't imagine anypony's more excited than you. Moving to Canterlot. Being crowned. I can't think of a single bad thing about any of it!"

"Yeah. Me, neither..." Twilight replied with a fake smile, but inside, her heart was practically falling apart.

...

It seemed like each time they visit one of their friends, it got progressively worse. Still, Twilight kept reminding herself to have faith, and be confident that at least one of her friends other than Spike and Godzilla was feeling the same way. Next, they went to visit Rainbow Dash in the Wonderbolt Academy. By the time they arrived, they watched their friend coaching the Wonderbolts in preparation for the coronation. It went well until Spitfire and Soarian crashed into each other, prompting Rainbow to quickly move in and catch them with a thick cloud.

"Look, Rainbow Dash. I know this is important to you, and we all want the routine to be special, but are you sure it needs to be this complicated?" An annoyed Spitfire asked, getting off the cloud.

"Of course! And I know we can pull it off!" Rainbow exclaimed confidently before turning to her friend. "Sorry, Twilight. I don't have time to talk. We've got a lot more work to do before the coronation."

And once again, the Princess of Friendship was left depressed by her friends' lack of concern of her moving away, which prompted Spike to comfort her.

...

Finally, the young Princess and the young dragon arrived in Rarity's home, where the fashion-designer unicorn was also busy with her own preparations for the coronation. Spike immediately turned his sights on a bucket filled with gems, and began eating.

"Darling, change is an integral part of fashion." Rarity explained, measuring the royal gown she made for Twilight's ceremony. "I myself am considering opening boutiques for non-ponies. Things must evolve, or they become stale. For example..." She moved to a nearby table, and revealed a glass case filled with star spiders, who were busy making a sash out of their silk. "I was just struck with a sudden inspiration to change my design for your gown by including the webs of these star spiders. They glow for a short while after they're spun. They won't have much time to weave the sash, but the effect will be dazzling. You see, darling? Change can be fabulous if you embrace it!"


After asking all of their friends, Twilight and Spike returned to the Castle of Friendship, but far more depressed than excited. Twilight in particular was almost having a silent mental breakdown, not from stress, but from the depression of having to say goodbye to her friends. The same friends that she made years ago. The same friends that helped her win against impossible odds. The friends that helped her save Equestria from countless threats. The friends that were there for her when she was lost. The friends... that she couldn't live without. And now, they were just gonna say goodbye without blinking an eye or shedding a tear? Just like that?!

"Starlight is supposed to come over soon. There's a little something we wanted to give you before we leave." Spike inquired before he noticed and picked up the Power Ponies comic that was near Twilight's hooves. "You know what? I think you're right, Twilight. I should take my comics to Canterlot. We can't leave the Power Ponies behind."

"I don't think the Power Ponies care, Spike. Just like all of our friends." His adopted sister softly said as she sat down with her head lowered and her ears flattened against her head. With sympathy, the little dragon gently hugged her, feeling her depression and sadness.

"Godzilla still cares." Spike quietly said while hugging her, prompting a small smile to form on the Princess' face.

"He does, doesn't he?" She said before hugging him back.

"All right, Twilight. Are you ready? We all wanted to see you off, but there's still a lot to do." Applejack said, accompanied by their other friends who arrived in the room.

"Aren't you coming on the train?" Spike asked in confusion.

"I gotta go with Big Mac so we can go over our packin' list or we won't know who gets what deliveries." The farm pony explained.

"And I'm gonna meet the Wonderbolts so we can go over the routine one last time." Rainbow Dash added.

"I'm going with Gummy. He said he knows when the fireworks display should start, but does anypony really believe that?!" Pinkie exclaimed out loud.

"And I still need to pick up food for the swans and doves who flew ahead to Canterlot." Fluttershy stated. "If I don't get them fed, they'll be too pooped to perform."

"Well, I'll be living in Canterlot alone. Might as well take the train alone, too." Twilight muttered coldly as she got up and started heading for the exit. "Bye, I guess."

"Oh, you won't be traveling alone, darling." Rarity quickly stopped her in her tracks. "I'll have just enough time on the train to weave the star spider sash for your gown. But we should leave now. There's no time to dawdle if you want the coronation to be perfect." She began leading her friend to the exit in a hurry, but that was when Twilight suddenly stopped and turned around to face her friends with a very upset look on her face.

"That's the problem!" She exclaimed angrily. "You're all so worried about making my coronation perfect, but I'm leaving Ponyville and none of you even care!" She yelled at the top of her lungs while tears streamed from her eyes.

Understandably, her friends gasped in shock and horror after she said this. Spike cringed, feeling like Twilight went a bit too far by saying this, and hoped that this harsh comment didn't hurt their friends too badly. However, what they said next surprised both of them...

"Of course we care that you're movin', Twilight." Applejack softly admitted with a saddened look.

"I can't believe you'd think we don't." Fluttershy quietly said with an equally-somber tone

"What could possibly make you think that?" Pinkie asked, also saddened.

"I tried to talk to you all about how I was feeling, but you seemed more worried about what you had to do for the coronation." The Princess of Friendship explained bitterly, still feeling frustrated.

"It's true. I was there." Spike pointed out.

This caused their friends to start feeling somewhat bad and guilty at themselves. "I suppose it gave us something else to focus on." Rarity admitted softly, flattening her ears against her head in guilt.

"I knew you were worried about everything changin'. I guess I thought if I made it seem like everything was okay, it would be." Applejack also admitted.

"I was just trying to make you feel better. That way I wouldn't feel so terrible." Fluttershy confessed with clear sadness in her voice.

"Before I moved to Ponyville, I didn't really know what friendship was. You've all taught me so much. I can't believe it all might be ending." Twilight said as tears poured from her eyes, prompting her friends to move in and comfort her. "But when I imagine the future, all I can think about is that we won't be together! I'm literally moving away from you, and it's terrifying!"

Soon, all of her friends began admitting that they were in fact feeling exactly the same as she was right now the whole time, but tried very hard to not acknowledge it by focusing on their preparations.

"I'm scared, too." Fluttershy whimpered.

"Me, too." Pinkie Pie sniffed.

"Rattled to the core." Rarity said softly.

"Eeyup." Applejack nodded sadly.

"I wouldn't say scared." Rainbow Dash bluntly said.

Everyone sharply turned to the blue pegasus with looks of disapproval on their faces after she said that. "But just because I won't say it doesn't mean I don't feel it." She finally admitted with a somber tone, prompting her friends to smile at her.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Pinkie exclaimed, sobbing and hugging onto Twilight's leg.

"I just can't stop thinking about how much things are going to change!" Rarity wiped her tears with a tissue paper.

"W... What if we don't see each other?" Rainbow asked, tears flooding her eyes.

"What if we don't talk as much?" Fluttershy asked.

"What if we don't stay friends?!" Applejack pointed out the worst of this situation.

"Not to mention Godzilla and his friends are going to leave, too!" Twilight went on, tears filling her own eyes. "Right after the coronation, no less!"

With the exception of Spike, all of Twilight's friends broke down in tears as they began crying with her, expressing how much they will miss each other. After all the times and adventures they had together, it was truly hard for any of them to say goodbye. Spike looked with concern as the Mane Six shed their tears and let out their suppressed emotions. None of them have ever felt so sad and so scared as they do this very moment. Even when the Legion of Doom attacked Equestria — even that paled in comparison to the flurry of emotions they were all experiencing right now. Because unlike before, they knew there was nothing they could do about this. Even friendship must abide by the rules of life.

"I know it's weird, but knowing you're all as upset as I am actually makes me less worried." The Princess of Friendship said with a teary smile. Indeed, as strange as it was for her to say this, crying alongside her friends and knowing they were in fact feeling like she was the entire time felt more healing than before. Crying with one's friends was more healing than crying alone.

"That's nice, but you should be more worried about missing the train to Canterlot!" Spike exclaimed, lifting his pocket-watch to show how far behind schedule they all were.


Outside, Starlight Glimmer had just arrived at the Castle of Friendship, and she was carrying with her a gift box. "Sorry, I'm so late. I actually thought I'd missed you—" Her sentence was cut short when The Mane Six and Spike bursted through the doors and ran past her with incredible speed, leaving Starlight dizzy and confused by what just happened.

...

The Main Six and Spike arrived at the train station as quickly as they could, but they were too late, and were forced to watch the Friendship Express train leave Ponyville. But Twilight Sparkle, as always, was not a pony to give up so easily.

"No. There's still a way."

In a flash of purple light, Twilight used her magic to make herself and her friends disappear, and reappear inside the train, surprising the ponies that were inside.

...

"Okay. We're on the train. Everything should be fine, right?" She asked with a nervous smile, to which her friends respond by smiling back nervously. Each of the Mane Six ponies each took a respective seat inside the train, but they were far from comfortable.

"I'd worked out exactly how much time I needed to weave my star spider sash, and now I'm behind!" Rarity exclaimed with worry, taking her seat and placing her glass case of star spiders close by.

"I hope Big Mac can figure out who gets what deliveries on his own." Applejack gulped while taking a seat next to Spike. Now that she was on the train, her brother was going to have to remember which carts contained which foods for the coronation by himself. Applejack could only hope that Big Mac doesn't mix up the deliveries to Canterlot Castle.

"I don't have the snacks the doves and swans will need to perform after their long flight. I'd better find the food!" Fluttershy said with worry before she handed her cage of hummingbird over to Rarity, who placed them near the star spiders while the shy pegasus raced outside.

"And I need to meet the Wonderbolts!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. She opened the train window and quickly flew out in a hurry.

"The only thing I'm worried about is Gummy handling the fireworks display. But I'm sure it's fine." Pinkie tried to reassure herself with a nervous smile.

"Well, it could always be worse." Twilight pointed out.

Right after she said that, as if the universe was mocking her, the train suddenly stopped without warning, startling everypony inside. The reason being that there was a flock of sheep blocking the train tracks. Inside, everypony turned to Twilight and gave her unamused looks, to which she chuckled nervously. When would she learn to stop saying that?


Canterlot

With dusk fast approaching, the coronation in Canterlot was nearly complete, and all the pony and non-pony creatures have gathered. What's more, Discord was there with a specific job: His job was to use his magic to levitate Godzilla and all the other non-flying kaiju high in the air in order for them to watch Twilight's coronation, since the mountain in which Canterlot was present was too tall and too steep for them to climb without causing any destruction — and the kaiju themselves were too large to be in Canterlot in general.

...

Inside the throne room, Celestia and Luna were greeted by the exhausted Twilight Sparkle, who was sweating profoundly and her mane was a mess.

"Goodness, Twilight. Are you all right?" Luna asked with concern.

"My friends and I had a few hiccups on the way. But everything's fine now." The Princess of Friendship reassured them with a nervous smile while a sheep passed through the hallway behind her.

"We really are both just so proud of you. If you need a moment, that's all right. It is your coronation." Celestia softly said.

However, Twilight, Celestia, and Luna were startled when they heard the trumpets fanfare outside. "Although it would be nice to get started. Are you ready?" Luna asked.

"NO!" Rarity suddenly cried out as she raced in the room with the gown she made. "She can't possibly be crowned without wearing her coronation gown!" The fashion-designer pony exclaimed.

"Very well." Celestia nodded before she and Luna went outside.

...

The ponies and non-pony creatures have all gathered outside of Canterlot Castle, with the majority of them sitting in their respective tables, while the flyers hovered in the air. Thanks to Discord using his magic, Godzilla, Godzilla Junior, Anguirus, Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, Baragon, King Caesar, as well as all the other non-flying titans, were magically levitated high in the air like balloons, allowing them to overlook everything that was happening in Canterlot. The kaiju that can fly on their own, Rodan, Mothra, and Battra, had no need for Discord's assistance, as they simply hovered near Canterlot Castle by flapping their wings.

"Citizens of Equestria and beyond!" Celestia began announcing. Every creature started cheering and applauding — even Godzilla and his fellow monsters let out their respective roars as a form of applauding."My sister and I have ruled this land for quite some time, but even we know that change eventually comes to us all. And though we know it can be unsettling, it's as natural as the rising and setting of the Sun and the Moon. Both of which my sister and I feel confident leaving in the hooves of the pony who will come after us." She declared

Inside, Rarity was forcefully dressing up Twilight as quickly as she could. And thankfully, she finished dressing her friend just in time. "You look amazing. Ooh! I almost forgot!" Rarity placed the special sash around Twilight's neck (unaware that the star spiders were on it). Satisfied and ready, the Princess of Friendship smiled at her friend and nodded before heading to the balcony.

"And so without further ado, I give you the new ruler of Equestria - Princess Twilight Sparkle!" Celestia exclaimed proudly as she and Luna stepped aside to introduce Twilight, who walked in... and tripped over her gown, causing her to fall over on the floor in front of the audience. The coronation audience gasped in shock, but the kaiju looked confused, not quite sure what to think of this since this was something they have never experienced before.

"Sorry." Twilight quickly picked herself up and apologized for her awkwardness, smiling nervously.

Ignoring this, Celestia and Luna resumed the ceremony. The two sisters then levitated their respective crowns in the air with their magic, and fused them into a single crown. But right after they did that, Luna noticed the star spiders crawling on the unaware Twilight.

"Um, Twilight...?"

Before Luna could alert her, the hummingbirds and butterflies that Fluttershy enlisted arrived and surrounded Twilight as part of the ceremony. But the presence of the star spiders that were on her made things complicated and unable to go according to plan — the animals started hissing at each other and fighting.

"Oh, dear. " Speaking of the yellow Pegasi, Fluttershy was overlooking this on a nearby balcony with worry, she was accompanied by the twin swans and doves that she also enlisted, who were angrily looking at her for the lack of food. "I know these aren't the snacks I promised, but it's all I could find." She offered them a carrot, which made them even more annoyed.

...

Elsewhere, Spitfire and the Wonderbolts were watching the coronation from afar. "Well, Dash or no Dash, Twilight's about to get that crown. Wonderbolts, roll out!" On her command, she and the rest of the Wonderbolts took off... just as Rainbow Dash arrived.

"No! Wait!" Rainbow quickly flew after them to try and stop them, but it was too late.

...

Back at Canterlot, despite being angry at Fluttershy, the doves and swans nevertheless continued as planned. The doves flew around Twilight in a graceful manner, while the two swans held the crown in their beaks, and were about to place it on her head... but that was when the Wonderbolts arrived, streaking streams of colors behind them, which was followed by the fireworks going off near the balcony (which were launched by Gummy). Said fireworks subsequently disorientated one of the Wonderbolts, Misty Fly, who, in the confusion, accidentally darted past the swans, disrupting the crowning ceremony and causing them to drop the crown, forcing Twilight to leap forward and catch it in her head. She fell over the balcony, but quickly flew back up, utterly humiliated by this.

The crowd gasped once again, and the kaiju were still confused by this, still not sure how to respond. But Godzilla, sensing the humiliation Twilight was feeling, decided to give his friend some applauding of his own.

*SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGK!*

In response to his roar, the other titans started doing the same — they all let out their respective roars, chirps, and shrikes to applaud Twilight Sparkle's rising to power. Even if things didn't go exactly according to plan from the Equestrians' perspective, for the kaiju there was no difference. To Godzilla, all that mattered was Twilight's success and happiness. Things such as humiliation or perfectionism were irrelevant to him.

Seeing Godzilla and the other kaiju applauding her regardless of the failed ceremony, Twilight couldn't help but smile at him with happiness and admiration. "Thanks, big guy." She said softly.

"To Twilight!" Applejack exclaimed and toasted a glass to her friend... only to notice that said glass was empty. Seeing this, the lead waiter gave the other waiter ponies their cue to start filling the glasses, but instead of apple cider like the farm pony expected, Applejack and the other guests were served applesauce. Confused, the orange Earth pony looked leery at Big Mac, who looked away from her in shame.


Finally, after partying for hours and getting everything else done, the coronation was over. Godzilla and the other kaiju ended up enjoying the coronation far more than they previously expected. Given the circumstances of their lives in their world, this was something they have never experienced before, and likely would never experience again. They have never felt so alive, and so happy in their entire lives. Godzilla was especially happy that he had the opportunity to watch his pony friend ascend to power and become the new ruler of this land that he came to love.

Speaking of his friend, the exhausted now-ruler of Equestria walked over to her friends' table and rested her head against it. Her friends snickered before bursting into laughter, including Twilight herself. "That was something." She chuckled.

"I was just about to say the same thing." Everyone turned and were greeted Starlight and Spike arriving, with the latter carrying a gift box. "I know maybe it wasn't the coronation you planned, but it's good to see all of you laughing." Starlight said happily.

"We wanted to give this to you before you left Ponyville, but things got a little hectic." Spike said, offering Twilight the gift.

"Since you're moving away, we thought if you missed any of us, Ponyville or Godzilla, this might help." Starlight explained.

Taking the present and opening it, Twilight was taken back by what the gift was — It was a magical book that contained all the past memories and adventures of herself and her friends. When she first arrived in Ponyville with Spike, to the defeat of Nightmare Moon, to the reformation of Discord, the battle with Tirek, the two defeats of Chrysalis, the meeting with Godzilla and his kaiju allies — it was all here, in the form of animated pictures. Shortly after the defeat of the Legion of Doom, Starlight and Spike made this magical book with the help of Twilight's friends in secret.

"It's a Book of Memories." Pinkie Pie inquired.

"And we all chipped in some." Applejack added.

"No matter how much things change, you'll always have this to look back on." Fluttershy assured her.

"I love it. Thank you so much. But I don't want to only look back. Obviously the coronation wasn't perfect, but that doesn't matter. It's our relationships that really count, and we have to maintain them." Twilight explained.

"But now that we'll be living in different places, I'm not exactly sure how." Rarity pointed out with uncertainty.

"I am." Twilight stated. "I suggest we meet once a moon. In fact, my first royal decree as Ruler of Equestria is to establish this Council of Friendship!"

Her friends started cheering happily and loudly at this decree. However, the happy moment was abruptly interrupted when they, and almost every other creature present at Canterlot, heard the voices of the Elias in their heads.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle..."

"Oh... yes, Elias?" She asked.

"It is time..."

These words shook Twilight and her friends down to their very core. They all knew this was the day where Godzilla and his allies will be going back home. There was no denying it. And just like they planned, Twilight's coronation doubled as a special party for Godzilla and his fellow kaiju to enjoy before they bid Equestria goodbye — it was the least Twilight and her friends could do for them.

"I understand." The now-Ruler of Equestria softly replied with sadness in her tone.

...

After a little while, all the kaiju had gathered near Ponyville, in the same area where Godzilla first landed, on the instructions of the Elias. All of the titans were present: Godzilla, Godzilla Junior, Anguirus, Rodan, Manda, Varan, Zilla, Baragon, Battra, Mothra, Kamoebas, Ganimes, Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Kumonga, Gezora, Gorosaurus, Maguma, Kamacuras, and King Caesar. They were joined by the inhabitants of Equestria, who were watching and waiting to see what will happen next. Eventually, their patience payed off: Out of thin air, a swirling black circle-like portal of incredible size suddenly manifested right in front of the kaiju and Equestria's inhabitants. It closely resembled the first portal that brought Godzilla to Equestria, except it was slightly larger and placed in a vertical way, whereas the first one appeared high in the sky and was suspended in a horizontal way.

The inhabitants of Equestria looked at the portal in shock and awe, and that was when two small creatures emerged from the portal, catching the attention of Twilight Sparkle and her friends, as well as everyone else. They were small, standing no more than several inches tall (barely reaching Spike's knees), and oddly enough, they resembled those two-legged creatures that wore clothes and resided in the alternate world which Sunset Shimmer lived in. Yet despite this, Twilight instinctively knew exactly who these little creatures were...

"It's nice to finally meet you, Elias." The current Ruler of Equestria said with a warm smile as she approached the Elias.

"Likewise, Princess Twilight Sparkle." The Elias replied, bowing their heads in respect.

"Wait a minute! Hold on!" Rainbow Dash suddenly came into the fray. "You mean to tell me that's how you look like? Not that there's anything wrong with your looks, mind you."

"I think you look adorable." Fluttershy cooed with starry-eyes.

Despite knowing the Elias for over an year, neither Twilight nor her friends ever thought too much about how the Elias looked in person, since they were separated in different worlds and had to communicate via telepathy. Now, seeing their physical appearances for the first time, the inhabitants of Equestria were surprised, to say the least. Like Twilight, Spike also quickly noticed the uncanny resemblance to those bipeds when he and his adopted sister were in that alternate world.

"It is quite alright, Miss Rainbow Dash." The Elias said with soft smiles.

"Just Rainbow Dash is fine." The blue Pegasi said, disliking being refereed as 'Miss'.

Nodding, the Elias turned to Princess of Friendship. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, we would like to thank you and all of your friends for helping Godzilla, and for showing him kindness. Believe us when we say you truly changed Godzilla's life for the better."

"I'm honored, Elias." Twilight smiled before turning to the Monster King. "But Godzilla changed my life, as well. He helped us get through hard times, and Equestria wouldn't be here without him and his friends. We all owe Godzilla and his friends our eternal gratitude." She smiled at the Monster King, who gave her a look of gratitude and admiration. "I already know how hard it is to say goodbye to a friend that you've known for so long and accomplished so much with them. Even though I know it's necessary, it always hurts when it comes to this moment."

"We understand how you feel, Twilight." The Elias said sympathetically. "Change is the process of life. Any situation, no matter how good or bad, will always change. But a thing is not beautiful because it lasts. For Godzilla, it was a privilege to be among you."

"I know..." Twilight nodded with a sad, but understanding look turning to the other kaiju. "Thank you all for saving our home, our kingdom, and my friends. And for making Equestria more beautiful than it ever was before. I, Princess Twilight Sparkle, will always remember and honor your bravery and heroism! You will always be remembered as heroes in Equestria, no matter what others think of you! And someday, I hope we will meet again."

The kaiju, especially Godzilla, felt very touched by these kind words and praises. Never in their long lives had they ever thought they would feel this way for any creature, and never had they expected it would hurt so much when it came to bidding them farewell. The inhabitants of Equestria felt the same way; they never imagined such large and powerful monsters would be their saviors, and they certainly never imagined they would make their home even more lush and rich with new resources and foods thanks to the unique vegetation that was grown from the titans' radiation. Suffice to say, both the kaiju and Equestria's inhabitants greatly enjoyed their time together. But sadly, all good things must come to an end, and both parties knew it.

With soft growls and gentle looks on their faces, the kaiju began heading for the giant portal, one by one. King Caesar was the first to bid the inhabitants of Equestria his farewell; he waved his three-clawed hand at them before going through, and disappearing into the portal. The kirins, especially Autumn Blaze, shed a few tears as they watched their friend and savior leave. The next to say his goodbye was Titanosaurus. He let out a friendly shriek to the Hippogriffs, who in turn waved their claws at him (Silverstream even winked at him) before he went through the portal and disappeared, as well. Next was Baragon, who roared loudly to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo as a way of saying goodbye. The Cutie Mark Crusaders smiled at him with tears in their eyes and waved their hooves before he turned and walked through the portal, joining King Caesar and Titanosaurus. Slowly but surely, each and every kaiju took their turns bidding Equestria and its inhabitants farewell before walking into the portal and disappearing. The next to leave was Zilla, followed by Gorosaurus, then Maguma, then Ganimes, Ebirah, Gezora, Manda, Kamoebas, Kumonga, and Kamacuras.

After Varan disappeared into the portal, it was Anguirus' turn. The mutant ankylosaur gently nuzzled Applejack, Maud Pie, and Pinkie Pie, his three favorite ponies. In response, Pinkie tied a balloon to Anguirus' nose horn, a gift to remember them when he goes home. Even more surprisingly, Maud Pie actually smiled (something she very rarely does) and patted Anguirus on the snout. With a nod and a friendly growl, the ankylosaur took his leave.

"Bye, Anguirus!" Pinkie shouted loudly while waving her hoof frantically.

"Later, big fella'!" Applejack also shouted.

"Goodbye, Anguirus." Maud said with her usual dry tone, but she also had a happy smile on her face.

Next was Battra. The dark Divine Moth turned to Tempest Shadow, his closest and most trusted friend ever since he came to Equestria, and let out a soft chirp. "Heh. You too, big guy." Tempest smiled warmly, waving her hoof at him. Nodding, Battra turned and flew into the portal. After he disappeared, Mothra went next. The Queen of the Monsters lowered her head and softly chirped to Fluttershy and Rarity.

"Goodbye, Mothra. I'll miss you." The kind pegasus said with a friendly smile, wiping away some tears.

"Take care, darling! You've done so much for me!" Rarity said tearfully, blowing her nose with a tissue paper.

With a nod, Mothra turned to the portal and flew in to join her counterpart. Rodan, being the next one, spread his wings and let out a loud screech. "Heh. Same here, Rodan." Gallus smirked, giving the giant pterosaur a thumbs-up. Flapping his wings, the Samurai of the Skies took to the air in an instant, before he turned and flew straight towards the portal with incredible speed, where he disappeared.

"Hehe. Showoff." Rainbow Dash commented with a good-natured chuckle .

Finally, only Godzilla and Godzilla Junior were left. The Monster Prince turned to his adopted father, who nodded at him. Turning to the Young Six, Junior let out his roar to a way of saying his farewell to his Equestria friends.

*SKREEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOONGK!*

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" Silverstream cried out.

"Take care, big guy!" Smolder gave him a thumbs-up.

"And stay awesome!" Gallus called out.

"You'll always be in our hearts." Sandbar stated.

"Yona will miss giant friend! But Yona will always remember giant friend!" Yona exclaimed.

"We'll never forget you, Junior!" Ocellus said, waving her hoof.

Junior growled softly and nodded happily, before he turned and walked into the portal, disappearing like the rest of the titans. Now, Godzilla himself was the only one left. The Monster King turned his head and noticed Twilight Sparkle flying up to him before stopping right in front of his face.

"For everything you've done for us, I want you to have something." The Princess of Friendship said before using her magic to rip off a scale from Godzilla, which she then used like a blade to cut off her tail. Twilight then placed her severed tail in the palm of Godzilla's hand. "It's a little something I learned from Rarity." She said, turning to her said friend, who smiled and blushed. Twilight remembered how Rarity sliced off her tail in order to restore Steven Magnet's mustache back when she first met her friends. Using this example, she did the same to her own tail using Godzilla's scale. "Please keep my tail so you can always look back to your time in Equestria, and I'll be keeping your scale so I can remember you, Godzilla."

The Monster King looked at Twilight's severed tail in his clawed hand, and a small tear slid from the corner of his left eye. Godzilla had felt many emotions over the course of his long life: Disgust, anger, happiness, surprise, trust, confusion, frustration, confidence, and love. But right now he was feeling an emotion he has never felt before: Sadness. This was a new experience for the Monster King, it felt both frustrating and comforting at the same time, like nothing he has ever felt before. Being in Equestria for so long, Godzilla began experiencing emotions he had never felt before — emotions he never even knew he had. And he truly did not know how to react to this.

Noticing this, Twilight gently placed her hoof on the Monster King's snout and gave him her own teary smile. "You'll always be in the heart and memories of me, and all of Equestria. And we'll always be in yours. All of us will always be with you, Godzilla. Always." With that, she leaned her head forward and kissed Godzilla on the snout, making his eyes widen in surprise.

In response, Godzilla gently breathed into Twilight's face, blowing her mane and making her giggle. He then turned to look at the rest of Equestria's inhabitants, the creatures that showed him kindness, loyalty, honesty, generosity, happiness, and love. Lifting his head, the King of Monsters let out his mighty roar for one final time.

*SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGK!*

Everyone began cheering and applauding the Monster King loudly and happily! Ponies stamped their hooves against the ground! Yaks jumped up and down while yelling! Dragons breathed fire and roared alongside him! Every single creature let out some form of applaud or praise in their own way! Finally, after finishing his roar, Godzilla turned around, and proceeded to walk into the portal with his friend's severed tail in his hand.

"Once again, we wish to thank you all sincerely for your help and kindness." The Elias once again bowed to Twilight and the other inhabitants of Equestria, before going to join the Monster King.

"And we are more than happy to have helped." Celestia said with a motherly smile.

"Goodbye, my friend." Princess Twilight Sparkle softly said with a teary smile as she and her friends watched Godzilla and the Elias disappear into the portal. After the Monster King and the Elias were gone, the circle-shaped portal shrank smaller and smaller until it disappeared completely.

...It was over. Godzilla and all the other kaiju were gone from Equestria. All the ponies and non-pony creatures let that sink in. It became quiet. Too quiet. Twilight took this moment of silence to take a deep breath and sigh softly. She looked at the severed scale of Godzilla, and hugged it tightly. "You'll always be in my heart, Godzilla." She quietly declared, tears still streaming from her eyes.


Many years later

Many years had passed since Godzilla and all of the other titans left Equestria, but the mark they left on this world was never forgotten. In this future, Canterlot was not only inhabited by ponies, but also by dragons, griffons, yaks, changelings, hippogriffs and various other creatures that were living in harmony. It was a true paradise, one that even Celestia and Luna did not expect to happen to this degree. There were also statues of the various kaiju that shaped Equestria into the beauty it was today, placed throughout most of the gardens, and most of them were those of Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, Godzilla Junior, and of course, Godzilla himself.

There was even a museum that opened in Canterlot, which was solely dedicated to teaching ponies and other creatures about the kaiju. This museum was filled with various statues, paintings, and even plastic-made figures of all the kaiju that visited Equestria, including the villainous ones. New students that have never seen the kaiju often came to this museum to learn how big and powerful they were, what unique abilities they possessed, and how they fought alongside the inhabitants of Equestria to save both worlds.

Of course, over these many years, other things had also changed: Yona and Sandbar were now a couple, and worked in Rarity's old dressmaking shop. Gallus became the Captain of the Royal Guards after Shining Armor retired. Granny Smith sadly passed away from old age, her scarf passed to Applejack. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were all grown up, and now worked as teachers in the School of Friendship. Flurry Heart had grown to become a beautiful teenager. Pinkie Pie was married to Cheese Sandwich, and they had a son named Li'l Cheese. The same was true with Big Mac and Sugar Belle, who also had a son.

...

Inside the throne room, Twilight Sparkle had just finished signing some royal documents before teleporting them where they need to go. Over the years, Twilight had grown much taller than before, she was now taller than most of her friends. In fact, she was the same height and size as Celestia herself — and even had a similar form to her former ruler. Her mane and tail had also become longer, as well as flowing exactly like Celestia's and Luna's. She was wearing her fused princess crown, a golden necklace, and high-heel golden shoes.

Recently, about a few weeks ago, Twilight sent her most gifted student, Luster Dawn, to Ponyville. Luster showed a lack of interest in the school curriculum's focus on making friends, seeing friendship as a waste of time and instead wanted to pursue independent study. Princess Twilight then told her the story of how her coronation went disastrously wrong many years prior. At first, Luster interpreted Twilight's story as proof of her view that making friends was pointless, but after meeting Twilight and her friends' Council of Friendship, and seeing how close they have stayed throughout the years, she changed her stance. When Luster was unsure how to start making friends herself, Princess Twilight sent her to Ponyville, where her own journey of friendship first began. Luster Dawn then departed to spend time with her new friends, including a Kirin, a griffon, a yak, and another pony.

"I'm back, Twilight. Being a Friendship ambassador is never as easy as it used to." Spike said, entering the throne room. Just like his adopted sister, Spike had also grown over these years; he was now a full-grown adult dragon. Spike was now bigger than his friends, as he was the same size as Twilight. His wings had also grown bigger and longer, allowing him to fly faster. In addition to becoming an adult, Spike's body became more muscular and beefier, making him stronger than before, and his face became more like a full-grown dragon's with his chin bigger and more manly-like. He was wearing his gold medal around his neck as a sign that he was the ambassador of all the creatures in Equestria.

"That's why I picked you for the job." Twilight reminded him before they shared a hug. "I'm glad you could come."

Princess Twilight and Spike flew in their respective thrones, where they sat to continue the conversation. "So what's been going on here?" Spike asked. "I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with Luster Dawn, doesn't it?"

"Pretty much. Yeah." Twilight admitted with a coy smile, making Spike playfully roll his eyes and smile, as well.

"I thought so." He chuckled. "She's been making me burp letters to you on an almost weekly basis by now."

"Ever since I sent Luster Dawn to Ponyville to start learning about friendship, she's been sending me letters, asking me more about Godzilla and his friends." The Ruler of Equestria explained. "So I decided to invite her to meet him."

This information caused Spike to perk up even more, and made a wide grin on his face. "Oh, so we're gonna do that thing, again, huh?"

"Yup." Twilight smiled happily.

...

After waiting for a little while, Gallus, the new Captain of the Royal Guards, opened one of the doors. "Your Majesty, she's here." He informed.

"Send her in, Gallus."

With a bow, the griffon opened the other door, allowing Luster Dawn to enter the throne room. Luster was a unicorn with a pink coat and a golden tail, and a mane with a bracelet ponytail. Her cutie mark was that of the Sun setting.

"Greetings, your Majesty." She said with an excited smile before remembering to bow. "I know you're still my teacher, but I sometimes can't help myself."

"I understand." Princess Twilight nodded. "So, I've noticed you've been asking me about Godzilla and his friends, lately."

"How could we not?" Spike asked sarcastically. "I've been burping letters on a weekly basis."

"Sorry about that." Luster apologized, smiling in embarrassment. "It's just that I wanna know more about the big impact they've made on Equestria. Don't get me wrong, I did my research and study on them when I was at the museum, and when I was in Ponyville with my friends, everyone always talks about them. How they saved us from the evil monsters. How they grew new foods and resources for us. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just wanna know more about them, because I somehow feel like I'm not getting the full picture."

Hearing this, Princess Twilight smiled. "I see. You want to meet Godzilla in person, but you're frustrated because he's now living in a different world. Heh. I would have felt the same way if I was in your place, Luster. But what if I told you could meet him, right now?"

These words caused the unicorn to be taken by surprise. She was about to smile and exclaim 'Yes!' before she remembered something else. "But... aren't they in a different world?" She recalled, remembering the full story.

"Perhaps. But when there's a will, there's a way." The Ruler of Equestria said with a coy smile before getting off her throne and walking to Luster. Right after she said that, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity entered the throne room, followed by Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie (who came via a portal from Discord). Since they didn't have Twilight's immortality, her friends have aged quite a bit over the years, as they all had visible wrinkles under their eyes.

Pinkie Pie's mane and tail were longer and bushier (with her mane also standing up), and were covered in candy, toys, and other party materials. Fluttershy had a ponytail mane with a flower-shaped bracelet. Rarity had grey strands of hair in her mane and tail, and was wearing a blue-colored fur coat. Applejack was wearing Granny Smith's scarf around her neck. Rainbow Dash's mane was shaped like a flame, and she was wearing a jacket.

"It's been quite a while since we've done this. Eh', Twilight?" Applejack asked, approaching her friend alongside their other friends.

"Personally, I don't think we've done this enough." Rainbow inquired, hovering next to the farm pony.

"I hope Godzilla and the others aren't getting too lonely without us calling them." Fluttershy quietly said with a bit of concern.

"Wait, what's going on?" Luster Dawn couldn't help but ask. She was still completely confused by what they were talking about.

"Come with me." Twilight politely ordered, prompting Luster and everyone else to start following her to a certain room in the castle.

...

After walking through the hallways for a bit, Twilight, Luster, and their friends arrived in a very unique room. It was rather large on the inside, with various glass windows, depicting Godzilla and the other kaiju fighting alongside the Mane Six against their enemies, placed all over the walls. But what really caught everyone's attention was what was in the center of this room. In the center, there was a tall pie-crust table with a charcoal-gray scale on top of it, protected by a glass dome.

Luster Dawn was amazed, since this was a room she had never been to before — it fascinated her to be in here for the very first time. But her excitement slightly dropped when she saw what was being held here.

"This is the scale of Godzilla." Twilight began to explain, approaching the table and lifting the dome. "Ever since he left Equestria, I've been keeping it here, in this special room, so we can always remember him and his friends. But much more recently, we discovered a way to reach them."

"Wait. You can actually bring Godzilla back to Equestria with this scale?" Luster Dawn asked. There was a hint of skepticism in her voice.

"Not exactly." Her teacher admitted. "But I think it's better if I show you, instead. Are you ready?"

"Sure!" Luster quickly said, eager to see how this will go.

Closing her eyes, Twilight Sparkle began concentrating hard and started drawing all of her magic in her horn, while her friends did the same. Seeing this, Luster decided to follow them. Not long after, Twilight's horn was surrounded by a vibrant purple aura which started expending, and growing bigger and bigger. At that moment, Twilight reopened her eyes, which were now glowing with a bright white light.

...

"You can open your eyes, Luster." Hearing her teacher's gentle voice, Luster shut her eyes open, and the moment she did so, she almost screamed out loud. Luster, Twilight, Spike, and the rest of their friends were now in what appeared to be a white empty space of nothingness. Luster saw absolutely nothing here, except a white space that stretched for eternity.

"Where are we?" Luster asked.

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Twilight."

A very deep and manly voice called out of nowhere, startling Luster. When she turned around to meet the owner of the voice, she found herself in a loss for words; in front of her stood a rather tall and scary-looking reptilian creature that looked somewhat like a dragon, but without wings. He was slightly taller than Twilight and Spike, and had sharp jagged spikes on his back. He also had several spikes on the bottom of his chin that resembled a beard.

"Good to see you too, Godzilla." Twilight said before she and the new creature hugged each other, followed by Spike, who shared a fist-bump with him.

"You're not the little dragon I remember, Spike." The Monster King said, chuckling.

"Yeah. I bet I'm strong enough to take on Ghidorah now." Spike said with a cocky grin, flexing his muscles.

"Hope you didn't miss us too much, Big G." Rainbow chimed in.

"Well, you are a little late. More so than usual today." Godzilla folded his arms, smiling kindly.

"We're sorry, but we were kind of caught-up with our lives." Fluttershy explained apologetically.

"Has Anguirus said anything about Li'l Cheese?" Pinkie Pie asked eagerly.

"Yeah. He said take care, and make sure he grows up big and strong." The Monster King said. "By the way, Anguirus is still keeping that balloon you gave him."

"I gotta' say, it's been way too long without hearing from you, big fella'." Applejack smiled happily.

"And I hear you've made some new friends when you left Equestria." Rarity recalled.

"I sure did. I think you'll like them." Godzilla said, smiling proudly. "By the way, can you call Smolder, Silverstream, Yona, Gallus, Sandbar, and Ocellus next time? My son really wants to see them."

Princess Twilight Sparkle turned to her student. "Luster, I would like you to meet Godzilla." With a proud smile, she introduced her student to the kaiju, who now took notice of the young unicorn.

"So, this is your prized student, Twilight?" Godzilla asked, looking at Luster Dawn and studying her carefully. "She kind of reminds me of you all those years back."

Luster, on the other hand, was having a hard time processing what was happening right now. "I-I don't get it. How is this possible?" It was all she could ask at the moment.

"A few years ago, I developed a powerful and unique spell that allows me to communicate with Godzilla and his friends via telepathy." Twilight began to explain. "Right now, we're in what I like to call the Mindscape. Our physical bodies are still in Equestria, but our minds and souls are in this astral plane. This is how we're able to communicate with Godzilla and his friends now."

"So it's like a dream, then?" Luster quickly caught on, already starting to like this new spell. "This is so amazing!"

"And just like a dream, we can do pretty much anything we want in this place." Her teacher explained with another motherly smile.

"Like being able to talk, or change our size." Godzilla inquired.

"What do you mean by-" Before Luster could finish, Godzilla suddenly grew to 190 meters tall in an instant, giving the young unicorn a good long look of his true size before he shrank back to their size.

"That's how big I am right now in the real world." The Monster King said with a smirk. Over these many years that passed, Godzilla had grown from 100 meters to 190 meters tall. In addition to his larger size, he also grew several spikes on the bottom of his chin that resembled a beard. Luster didn't know what to say. To think that Godzilla was that huge in real life, it almost blew her mind. But yet, it fascinated her even more. "By the way, wanna see my world?"

"S-Sure, I guess." Luster couldn't help but smile, and also eager to see Godzilla's world.

In a matter of seconds, the white empty void that was surrounding them began dissolving away, before getting replaced by a much more beautiful and awe-inspiring view. Luster, Twilight, Godzilla, Spike, and all of their friends found themselves standing on nothing but air, several thousand meters in the sky. Below, they saw an ocean of greenery, made up mostly of forests and jungles, which stretched for miles. They also saw large cities that were comprised of tall buildings (far taller than any in Equestria), which seemed to be made of silver, as they shined brightly by reflecting the light of the Sun. However, these cities were relatively few compared to the massive forests that surrounded them. Luster looked in amazement and awe, completely astonished by this unique world.

"When we returned to our world, some of the magic that was in Equestria got infused with our radiation. And because of that, forests and other vegetation began growing at an accelerated rate when we returned home." The Monster King explained. "And we are no longer in conflict with the humans, anymore."

"You found a way to live in harmony with the humans in your world." Princess Twilight confirmed.

"But none of this would have happened if I wasn't sent to Equestria, and meet you, Twilight Sparkle." Godzilla said, turning to his friend with a warm smile.

"And we wouldn't have had Equestria if it wasn't for you, Godzilla." Twilight replied with an equally-affectionate smile of her own.

"Hey, who are those guys?" Pinkie Pie suddenly asked, and pointed at a certain group of kaiju roaming the forests, away from the cities. There were five kaiju that the Mane Six and Spike knew never came to Equestria, and who were currently roaming the forests and jungles of Godzilla's world.

"Those are my new friends I told you about." The Monster King said before he began to introducing the new kaiju.

The first kaiju was a quadrupedal creature that had a mammalian face and possessed two horns on the sides of his head like a bull. His eyes lacked visible pupils and were glossy, and clouded-over. He also had a stubby tail, but the beast's most noticeable physical trait was the gigantic mountain he was carrying on his back, which Luster Dawn speculated would allow this gigantic creature to blend into the landscape (she had no idea how correct she was). This kaiju's name was Methuselah.

"Heh. He reminds me a bit of Tank." Rainbow Dash said.

"Really? Because he looks more like Anguirus." Pinkie commented, noticing a odd similarities between Anguirus and Methuselah. "Are they brothers?"

The second kaiju looked like a cross between a mollusk and a spider. It had a squid-like body and six incredibly long spider-like legs which it used to walk. Its torso possessed a noticeable ridge and a raised spine, with a large curved extension above its head, in a similar manner to the shell of a Chambered nautilus. Finally, this titan possessed a rounded head with two small eyes, and several tentacles which hanged down from its mouth area. This one was called Scylla.

"I think I know of a monster similar to that one in one of my books." The Ruler of Equestria recalled while studying Scylla, remembering a scary book she once read about a monster with a cephalopod-like head.

"For a moment, I thought that was Kumonga." Rarity said. Like Pinkie, she also noticed the similarities between a kaiju she already knew, and this new kaiju that she was seeing for the first time. Though Scylla looked more like a crustacean and a cephalopod combined, rather than an arachnid.

The next kaiju looked (more or less) like a giant gorilla. Although this new kaiju closely resembled a gorilla, it had other noticeable differences aside from its size. Unlike normal gorillas, which walked on their knuckles, this giant ape walked upright like a human, with incredibly long arms held at his sides. His fur was a light brown color and covers the majority of his body except for his face, chest, hands, and feet. The giant primate's skin was a dark gray color, and he had a large scar running across his chest. This beast was named Kong, but he was referred by many as King Kong: The Eight Wonder of the World!

"The walking mountain is called Methuselah. The spider-squid hybrid over there is named Scylla." Godzilla introduced his friends to two of the new kaiju, before his face turned to slight disdain and annoyance when he moved to the third one. "And that darn dirty ape over there is Kong."

Understandably, Twilight, Luster, and the others looked at the Monster King with confusion when he spoke about the last giant monster with disdain in his voice. It sounded like he and Kong didn't get along very well.

"Pardon me, big fella, but why did you call him that just now?" Applejack couldn't help but ask, glancing at Kong, who was drinking water from a nearby river.

"Let's just say that Kong and I have a bit of a rivalry at the moment." Godzilla snorted and folded his arms, looking away from Kong. The others could sense that the Monster King didn't want to talk about the giant ape anymore, so they decided to move on.

However, judging from the tone in his voice and the look on his face, Twilight could tell that Godzilla didn't view Kong as an enemy like with King Ghidorah and Destoroyah. He instead saw the giant ape as a rival, just like how Rainbow Dash and Applejack used to be rivals — something which made her giggle with nostalgia.

The next kaiju the ponies and Spike saw looked rather bizarre to say the least, even by 'strange creature' standards. It looked something like a beetle crossed with a vertebrate: Its body was covered in a grey exoskeleton, and it had two pairs of long forelimbs, as well as another smaller pair on its chest, all which ended in scythe-like ends. It had a long and triangular head with the top of its head flat, and possessed triangular jaws with seemingly degenerated rows of sharp teeth. Finally, this strange creature had red eyes, two hind legs, and dorsal ridges on its back.

"Her name is Barb." Godzilla told them. "She was originally called Queen MUTO, but she changed her name to Barb because it sounded better."

"Wow. She's a very unique creature." Fluttershy commented, gazing at the MUTO with curiosity. "I hope I can meet her sometime."

"This is so amazing!" Exclaimed the excited Luster Dawn, looking at all the titans in amazement and disbelief. But then, her eyes landed on a particular kaiju that she found more fascinating than all the previous ones combined.

This kaiju that caught Luster Dawn's full interest was peacefully grazing on some large trees. It looked like a mix of a mammoth, a gorilla, and a giant ground sloth, as it moved through its environment by knuckle-walking using its long and muscular forelimbs which were larger than its hind legs. The creature's forelimbs had sharp claws like those of a sloth, while its hind legs had hooves. This kaiju was also covered in light brown fur, and had a very small trunk similar to that of a tapir. Finally, the titan's most noticeable physical trait were its two enormous, asymmetrical tusks protruding from its face. They were sharp, curved, and incredibly sturdy, just like those of a mammoth.

"Who's that?" Luster asked, pointing at the mammoth-sloth hybrid.

"Oh, him? His name is Behemoth." Godzilla said. "Honestly, he's actually pretty new."

"C-Can I meet him...?" The young unicorn asked curiously.

Both Twilight and Godzilla picked up the interest that was in Luster's eyes, as well as the eagerness in her voice. It reminded them of how Twilight reacted when she and her friends encountered Godzilla for the first time in Equestria, all those years ago. They both smiled warmly at her and nodded.

"Of course." The Monster King said kindly.

Once again, the world around them dissolved into nothingness, and the heroes once again found themselves in the white space. But this time they had some new company..."Oh, Godzilla, is that you?" Everyone turned around and saw Behemoth approaching them. Just like Godzilla, he was also shrunk in size in the Mindscape. "Did you call me, sir?" His voice was not as deep as Godzilla's, but it sounded more gentlemanly.

"Behemoth, this is Luster Dawn. I'm sure by now you know about the ponies." The Monster King said, introducing Luster to the mammoth-like kaiju. "She wants to talk to you for a bit."

"H-Hey, Behemoth." Luster waved her hoof awkwardly and smiled at him nervously.

"Hello. You're Luster Dawn...right?" Behemoth asked, scratching the side of his head with his clawed forelimb, also feeling somewhat awkward communicating with a pony for the first time.

"Yeah. That's my name." She said politely. "I never had a chance to meet you, but I'm rather curious to learn about you're kind. And... well... You're the most interesting creature I've ever seen." The unicorn said this with the most straight face she could.

Surprisingly, in response to this, Behemoth looked away from her in a shy manner while tapping one of his tusks with his claw. "Well... uh... Thank you. That was very nice of you to say."

Both the kaiju and the pony felt very awkward speaking to each other like this. Finally, summoning all her courage, Luster walked up to Behemoth, and with a warm, friendly smile, she said. "Behemoth, I want to extend my hoof of friendship to you." Before offering her hoof.

The mammoth-sloth kaiju was taken by surprise at this, he looked at the unicorn with a bit of uncertainty. But soon, he extended his clawed forelimb, and gently grabbed Luster's hoof. "Yes. I would like that, Luster Dawn." Behemoth said as a friendly smile formed on his face.

Godzilla and Twilight, along with their friends, smiled with joy and happiness while observing the newly-formed friendship between Luster Dawn and Behemoth. It simply goes to show that even if they were separated between worlds, and had moved on with their lives, that didn't mean that their friendship would fade away. Even if it was many years since they've seen each other, both Godzilla and Twilight Sparkle will always remember and cherish each other's memories, and maintain their relationship for the rest of their long lives. No matter how much time passed, or how much time will pass, the Magic of Friendship will always stay strong in both worlds.

The end is only part of the journey.

Author's Note:

Well, friends, it's been a nice long three years of this story. But as with the MLP series, this too has to come to a close at some point. I hope you all enjoyed this wonderful crossover story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Godzilla growing to 190 meters tall and having spikes that resemble a beard was a reference to Godzilla Earth from Anime Trilogy. Barb is the official name of the new MUTO from "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" that bowed to Godzilla (she's also called Queen MUTO, but I like Barb better).

Also, Pinkie Pie and Rarity noting how similar Scylla and Methuselah look to Anguirus and Kumonga was a reference to how fans mistook the new kaiju for the Toho kaiju in the trailers.

Comments ( 18 )

10413782
How the fight between Ghidorah and Rodan should have been in the movie.
I was honestly disappointed by how the short the fight between them was. I guess it was to show how powerful Ghidorah is, being able to defeat Rodan in 2 minutes, but I feel they could have done more with this.

10428600
I agree. But then again, that's sometimes what fanfiction is for: to make something already into the way we wanted it to be. By the way, the guy who made the video also made these other parts to an alternate version of KOTM. Check out the link and watch the videos if you get a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7D6J_lO65Dwi-p5sjjWNeFgM7JZhDp-c

Wait... Am i just blind or...
Where's Space Godzilla?

A good end to an epic fanfiction crossover. You've outdone yourself with this one! I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

10459708
Yeah, about that. I decided to exclude SpaceGodzilla from my story completely since I couldn't think of a role for him to play in the plot.

Originally, I planned to have SpaceGodzilla return and join forces with Godzilla and the Mane Six to help defeat their enemies, similar to what happened in the comic Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, where he and Godzilla teamed up to fight the Trilopods.

10485247
That would have been quite an excellent plot twist. I even have an idea for why he would fight alongside his enemy against Nulucus’ forces: SpaceGodzilla believes only he and he alone should kill Godzilla and take over the planet. After the battle is done, SpaceGodzilla retreats to continue the ongoing battle between him and Godzilla for another day.

After a little while, all the kaiju had gathered near Ponyville, in the same area where Godzilla first landed, on the instructions of the Elias. All of the titans were present: Godzilla, Godzilla Junior, Anguirus, Rodan, Manda, Varan, Zilla, Baragon, Battra, Mothra, Kamoebas, Ganimes, Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Kumonga, Gezora, Gorosaurus, Maguma, Kamacuras, and King Caesar. They were joined by the inhabitants of Equestria, who were watching and waiting to see what will happen next. Eventually, their patience payed off: Out of thin air, a swirling black circle-like portal of incredible size suddenly manifested right in front of the kaiju and Equestria's inhabitants. It closely resembled the first portal that brought Godzilla to Equestria, except it was slightly larger and placed in a vertical way, whereas the first one appeared high in the sky and was suspended in a horizontal way.

The inhabitants of Equestria looked at the portal in shock and awe, and that was when two small creatures emerged from the portal, catching the attention of Twilight Sparkle and her friends, as well as everyone else. They were small, standing no more than several inches tall (barely reaching Spike's knees), and oddly enough, they resembled those two-legged creatures that wore clothes and resided in the alternate world which Sunset Shimmer lived in. Yet despite this, Twilight instinctively knew exactly who these little creatures were...

"It's nice to finally meet you, Elias." The current Ruler of Equestria said with a warm smile as she approached the Elias.

"Likewise, Princess Twilight Sparkle." The Elias replied, bowing their heads in respect.

"Wait a minute! Hold on!" Rainbow Dash suddenly came into the fray. "You mean to tell me that's how you look like? Not that there's anything wrong with your looks, mind you."

"I think you look adorable." Fluttershy cooed with starry-eyes.

Despite knowing the Elias for over an year, neither Twilight nor her friends ever thought too much about how the Elias looked in person, since they were separated in different worlds and had to communicate via telepathy. Now, seeing their physical appearances for the first time, the inhabitants of Equestria were surprised, to say the least. Like Twilight, Spike also quickly noticed the uncanny resemblance to those bipeds when he and his adopted sister were in that alternate world.

"It is quite alright, Miss Rainbow Dash." The Elias said with soft smiles.

"Just Rainbow Dash is fine." The blue Pegasi said, disliking being refereed as 'Miss'.

Nodding, the Elias turned to Princess of Friendship. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, we would like to thank you and all of your friends for helping Godzilla, and for showing him kindness. Believe us when we say you truly changed Godzilla's life for the better."

"I'm honored, Elias." Twilight smiled before turning to the Monster King. "But Godzilla changed my life, as well. He helped us get through hard times, and Equestria wouldn't be here without him and his friends. We all owe Godzilla and his friends our eternal gratitude." She smiled at the Monster King, who gave her a look of gratitude and admiration. "I already know how hard it is to say goodbye to a friend that you've known for so long and accomplished so much with them. Even though I know it's necessary, it always hurts when it comes to this moment."

"We understand how you feel, Twilight." The Elias said sympathetically. "Change is the process of life. Any situation, no matter how good or bad, will always change. But a thing is not beautiful because it lasts. For Godzilla, it was a privilege to be among you."

"I know..." Twilight nodded with a sad, but understanding look turning to the other kaiju. "Thank you all for saving our home, our kingdom, and my friends. And for making Equestria more beautiful than it ever was before. I, Princess Twilight Sparkle, will always remember and honor your bravery and heroism! You will always be remembered as heroes in Equestria, no matter what others think of you! And someday, I hope we will meet again."

The kaiju, especially Godzilla, felt very touched by these kind words and praises. Never in their long lives had they ever thought they would feel this way for any creature, and never had they expected it would hurt so much when it came to bidding them farewell. The inhabitants of Equestria felt the same way; they never imagined such large and powerful monsters would be their saviors, and they certainly never imagined they would make their home even more lush and rich with new resources and foods thanks to the unique vegetation that was grown from the titans' radiation. Suffice to say, both the kaiju and Equestria's inhabitants greatly enjoyed their time together. But sadly, all good things must come to an end, and both parties knew it.

With soft growls and gentle looks on their faces, the kaiju began heading for the giant portal, one by one. King Caesar was the first to bid the inhabitants of Equestria his farewell; he waved his three-clawed hand at them before going through, and disappearing into the portal. The kirins, especially Autumn Blaze, shed a few tears as they watched their friend and savior leave. The next to say his goodbye was Titanosaurus. He let out a friendly shriek to the Hippogriffs, who in turn waved their claws at him (Silverstream even winked at him) before he went through the portal and disappeared, as well. Next was Baragon, who roared loudly to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo as a way of saying goodbye. The Cutie Mark Crusaders smiled at him with tears in their eyes and waved their hooves before he turned and walked through the portal, joining King Caesar and Titanosaurus. Slowly but surely, each and every kaiju took their turns bidding Equestria and its inhabitants farewell before walking into the portal and disappearing. The next to leave was Zilla, followed by Gorosaurus, then Maguma, then Ganimes, Ebirah, Gezora, Manda, Kamoebas, Kumonga, and Kamacuras.

After Varan disappeared into the portal, it was Anguirus' turn. The mutant ankylosaur gently nuzzled Applejack, Maud Pie, and Pinkie Pie, his three favorite ponies. In response, Pinkie tied a balloon to Anguirus' nose horn, a gift to remember them when he goes home. Even more surprisingly, Maud Pie actually smiled (something she very rarely does) and patted Anguirus on the snout. With a nod and a friendly growl, the ankylosaur took his leave.

"Bye, Anguirus!" Pinkie shouted loudly while waving her hoof frantically.

"Later, big fella'!" Applejack also shouted.

"Goodbye, Anguirus." Maud said with her usual dry tone, but she also had a happy smile on her face.

Next was Battra. The dark Divine Moth turned to Tempest Shadow, his closest and most trusted friend ever since he came to Equestria, and let out a soft chirp. "Heh. You too, big guy." Tempest smiled warmly, waving her hoof at him. Nodding, Battra turned and flew into the portal. After he disappeared, Mothra went next. The Queen of the Monsters lowered her head and softly chirped to Fluttershy and Rarity.

"Goodbye, Mothra. I'll miss you." The kind pegasus said with a friendly smile, wiping away some tears.

"Take care, darling! You've done so much for me!" Rarity said tearfully, blowing her nose with a tissue paper.

With a nod, Mothra turned to the portal and flew in to join her counterpart. Rodan, being the next one, spread his wings and let out a loud screech. "Heh. Same here, Rodan." Gallus smirked, giving the giant pterosaur a thumbs-up. Flapping his wings, the Samurai of the Skies took to the air in an instant, before he turned and flew straight towards the portal with incredible speed, where he disappeared.

"Hehe. Showoff." Rainbow Dash commented with a good-natured chuckle .

Finally, only Godzilla and Godzilla Junior were left. The Monster Prince turned to his adopted father, who nodded at him. Turning to the Young Six, Junior let out his roar to a way of saying his farewell to his Equestria friends.

*SKREEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOONGK!*

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" Silverstream cried out.

"Take care, big guy!" Smolder gave him a thumbs-up.

"And stay awesome!" Gallus called out.

"You'll always be in our hearts." Sandbar stated.

"Yona will miss giant friend! But Yona will always remember giant friend!" Yona exclaimed.

"We'll never forget you, Junior!" Ocellus said, waving her hoof.

Junior growled softly and nodded happily, before he turned and walked into the portal, disappearing like the rest of the titans. Now, Godzilla himself was the only one left. The Monster King turned his head and noticed Twilight Sparkle flying up to him before stopping right in front of his face.

"For everything you've done for us, I want you to have something." The Princess of Friendship said before using her magic to rip off a scale from Godzilla, which she then used like a blade to cut off her tail. Twilight then placed her severed tail in the palm of Godzilla's hand. "It's a little something I learned from Rarity." She said, turning to her said friend, who smiled and blushed. Twilight remembered how Rarity sliced off her tail in order to restore Steven Magnet's mustache back when she first met her friends. Using this example, she did the same to her own tail using Godzilla's scale. "Please keep my tail so you can always look back to your time in Equestria, and I'll be keeping your scale so I can remember you, Godzilla."

The Monster King looked at Twilight's severed tail in his clawed hand, and a small tear slid from the corner of his left eye. Godzilla had felt many emotions over the course of his long life: Disgust, anger, happiness, surprise, trust, confusion, frustration, confidence, and love. But right now he was feeling an emotion he has never felt before: Sadness. This was a new experience for the Monster King, it felt both frustrating and comforting at the same time, like nothing he has ever felt before. Being in Equestria for so long, Godzilla began experiencing emotions he had never felt before — emotions he never even knew he had. And he truly did not know how to react to this.

Noticing this, Twilight gently placed her hoof on the Monster King's snout and gave him her own teary smile. "You'll always be in the heart and memories of me, and all of Equestria. And we'll always be in yours. All of us will always be with you, Godzilla. Always." With that, she leaned her head forward and kissed Godzilla on the snout, making his eyes widen in surprise.

In response, Godzilla gently breathed into Twilight's face, blowing her mane and making her giggle. He then turned to look at the rest of Equestria's inhabitants, the creatures that showed him kindness, loyalty, honesty, generosity, happiness, and love. Lifting his head, the King of Monsters let out his mighty roar for one final time.

*SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGK!*

Everyone began cheering and applauding the Monster King loudly and happily! Ponies stamped their hooves against the ground! Yaks jumped up and down while yelling! Dragons breathed fire and roared alongside him! Every single creature let out some form of applaud or praise in their own way! Finally, after finishing his roar, Godzilla turned around, and proceeded to walk into the portal with his friend's severed tail in his hand.

"Once again, we wish to thank you all sincerely for your help and kindness." The Elias once again bowed to Twilight and the other inhabitants of Equestria, before going to join the Monster King.

"And we are more than happy to have helped." Celestia said with a motherly smile.

"Goodbye, my friend." Princess Twilight Sparkle softly said with a teary smile as she and her friends watched Godzilla and the Elias disappear into the portal. After the Monster King and the Elias were gone, the circle-shaped portal shrank smaller and smaller until it disappeared completely.

...It was over. Godzilla and all the other kaiju were gone from Equestria. All the ponies and non-pony creatures let that sink in. It became quiet. Too quiet. Twilight took this moment of silence to take a deep breath and sigh softly. She looked at the severed scale of Godzilla, and hugged it tightly. "You'll always be in my heart, Godzilla." She quietly declared, tears still streaming from her eyes.

Be honest, which soundtrack fits the kaiju leaving Equestria more? This one:

Or this one:

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Twilight."

Who do you picture voicing Godzilla in this chapter? Peter Cullen, Keith David, James Earl Jones, or anyone else who has an aged baritone voice?

10779890
I would go with Godzilla vs Kong's soundtrack

10830511
I see. And why do you choose Godzilla’s Farewell?

10830589
It felt more in line with my story.

10830589
Wait, what's "Godzilla’s Farewell"?

10075834
To be honest, I originally planned to have the Trilopods and their king, Magita, from the comic Godzilla: Rulers of Earth as the main kaiju villains in my story. I scrapped this idea in favor of the current climax.

11596924
Due to the fact that for one, the song's title is: Goodbye, old friend. And the song's theme sounds perfect for this text.

11851173

Took very long to respond back, but thanks anyway.

Login or register to comment