• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 691 Views, 51 Comments

Cadence Founds The Crystal Kingdom Orphanage - Creativa-Artly01



Cadence, feeling sorry for all the orphans in her empire, founds an orphanage for them.

  • ...
2
 51
 691

Chapter 22

Over the following days, Crystal Guard scouts go through the abandoned and torn apart town, finding foal after foal amongst the rubble, some dead, some alive, some barely clinging to life. “There are some who are only days old,” says one of the scouts, a mare named Marigold with a sigh as she loads the foals into the cart attached to her hindquarters. “It’s such a shame to see so many orphaned so young.”

“Yes, agreed,” responds her general. “It sure, sure is.” As he lets out a sigh, he is soon caught off guard by a young colt coming barreling right into him.

“Mister, mister,” cries the colt, “my sister is trapped under some rubble and I can’t get to her. I see you’re a unicorn, can you use your magic to lift the debris and save her? Please.”

“Of course,” responds the general as he follows the young colt to where the rubble is. Once there, he uses his magic and lifts the rubble before scooping the young filly out from under the rubble.

“Papa?” Inquires the filly as she clings to the guard.

“No sister,” responds the colt, “but friend.” He reassures his little sister before following the guard back to where the other guards are waiting. All the while, his sister naps on the guard’s back.

After another hour or two of gathering up the rest of the foals, the healthy ones are taken right to the orphanage while the others that need immediate medical treatment are taken to the Crystal Empire hospital for much needed care and attention.

Meanwhile at the orphanage, Cadance greets all the foals with open hooves. There’s near one hundred of them before her. “Where’s Trig?” Inquires one of the colts. “Is he here?”

“Yes,” responds Cadence. “He’s in the colt quarters. You’ll see him in a minute, promise.” She reassures them with a tender and caring smile. “It’s been a cold couple days, would you colts and fillies like some hot chocolate?”

“Yes please,” respond the colts and fillies as they plop down on the floor. “Thank you.”

A few minutes later, the caregivers come around and hand hot chocolate and blankets to each and every foal. “Thank you,” respond the foals with smiles on their faces as they take the hot chocolate in their hooves. “Seriously, thank you, Princess.”

“Of course,” responds Cadence with a smile. “Anything to make this feel like home for all of you.”

Several hours later, every foal from the destructed town are registered and taken to their respective quarters. Once in the colt quarters, the colt from before soon finds Trig and runs straight into his friend’s hooves. “Hey Bolt,” says Trig with a smile as he hugs his friend. “I’m glad you and your sister and the others finally made it!”

“Yeah, sister just barely. She got trapped under some of the rubble but she’s okay now. Sparkler is okay now. She’s in the nurse’s quarters being taken care of at the moment.”

“Did any not make it?” Inquires Trig scared for the answer.

“Yes, half dead,” responds Bolt with a sigh, “unfortunately.”

“And how many in the hospital?” Inquires Trig.

“Only twenty five,” responds Bolt, “luckily.” He lets out a sigh. “Do you think any pony will want any of us?”

“Of course they will,” says Trig as he puts his hoof on Bolt’s shoulder to reassure his friend. “Promise.”

A few minutes later, they hear a noise outside their door as a young mare walks in the room.

“Mother sent me to check on you,” says Flurry Heart with a caring smile not unlike that of her mother. “Is everypony okay?”

“Yes,” respond the colts. With that, Flurry nods and heads on her way to the filly quarters.

Once there, she is swarmed and clung to by all the little fillies. “Is everypony okay?” Inquires Flurry Heart.

“Yes,” respond the fillies. “We’re just glad and grateful to be safe is all.”

“Of course,” responds Flurry. “Mom has a soft spot for orphans as she used to be one herself, you know?”

“Really?” Inquire the fillies curiously.

“Yes, really,” responds Flurry as she holds the fillies close to her. “Really.”

After a few more minutes, the fillies let go of the princess and let her head on her way to give the report to her mother.

“Come in, Flurry,” says Cadence. The young princess obliges her mother’s request. “How are the foals settling in?” She then inquires gently and tenderly.

“They’re all settling in well,” responds Flurry. “Who hurt them anyways mother?”

“Ponies connected to the pony who kidnapped you as a foal,” responds Cadence bluntly. “A sect of Sombra loyalists.”

“Oh my Celestia!” Responds Flurry in shock. “Really?”

“Yes,” responds Cadence with a sigh. “Really.” She gets up from her desk and looks out the window. “Really.”

Comments ( 1 )

Very interesting, even somewhat comforting premise. Such fics always needed

Login or register to comment