• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 691 Views, 51 Comments

Cadence Founds The Crystal Kingdom Orphanage - Creativa-Artly01



Cadence, feeling sorry for all the orphans in her empire, founds an orphanage for them.

  • ...
2
 51
 691

Chapter 3

Two months later, Cadance and the council meet once again. "So, they've started the expansion," states Cadance, "and it may end up taking closer to a year than the seven months I asked for."

"We realize this, Princess, but the orphans need shelter soon as it's almost winter time."

"For now, then, we'll let them live in the main room and spare room," responds Cadance.

A few weeks later, just before winter fully hits, they let the orphan children into the castle and into the two selected rooms. The fillies into the main room and the colts into the spare room of the palace. Cadance then goes around herself and gives all the foals food and pillows and blankets. She then sits down and talks and even plays games with them. All the while, both Cadance and the orphans wear a smile across their faces.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, the builder ponies continue away on the continued building of the orphanage. As they continue to put up walls and then pipes and concrete, they whistle to themselves. They work on the extra expansion for several hours before taking a small lunch break then finally getting back to work. They then work until about midnight before finally returning home to their families.

Back at the castle, Cadance goes and tucks in Flurry Heart after making sure all the orphans are sleeping peacefully. Cadance then turns in for the night herself. All the while, she dreams about cutting the ribbon of the new orphanage alongside the local orphans. She really can't wait for it to open. She's just sad she has to wait an entire year for that to happen. Nonetheless, at least she's doing something about the orphan issue in the empire. Her aunt and mother would be so proud if they were alive. That, alone, gives Cadance great comfort indeed.