• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 691 Views, 51 Comments

Cadence Founds The Crystal Kingdom Orphanage - Creativa-Artly01



Cadence, feeling sorry for all the orphans in her empire, founds an orphanage for them.

  • ...
2
 51
 691

Chapter 5

A few months later, just in time for the grand opening of the new orphanage, Josiah is all healed up and out of his cast. Meanwhile at the orphanage, Cadance is getting things ready for the orphanage. In a few hours, she'll have the orphans help her cut the ribbon. First, however, it's time for her to officially meet her staff that she hired several months back.

"I can't believe it's been a year," sighs Cadance with a smile. "But the outcome was well worth the wait."

"Well, we're glad to be along for the ride," responds Crosslin with a smile.

A few hours later, Cadance returns with all the orphans in tow. They then cut the ribbon together and officially open the orphanage. The orphans then rush in excitedly with smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes. Soon, more orphans come out of the woodworks and rush in along with the rest.

Once inside, all the orphans look around stunned. "This place is wonderful!" Says a young filly named Eclaire.

"It sure is," agrees Josiah.

"We finally have a place to call home," says Eclaire turning to Princess Cadance and giving her a hug, "thank you."

"You're welcome," responds Cadance with a smile. "After being an orphan on the streets myself, I didn't want you to suffer the same way I did."

"Well, thanks for that," responds Eclaire along with the rest of the orphans. She then lets go of the princess and runs off with the other orphans to explore the rest of the orphanage. The staff, after thanking Cadance for helping the foals and giving them a second chance, run off to their positions throughout the orphanage with Crosslin going to the orphanage hospital wing.

"Auntie will be so proud of me," says Crosslin with a smile. She then sits down a minute and writes a letter to her aunt and sends it out in the afternoon mail.

The next morning, Red Heart gets and reads the letter from her niece. "Dear auntie Red," reads Red Heart, "I'm a nurse at the new Crystal Kingdom Orphanage that Princess Cadance founded. Aren't you proud of me, auntie? Wouldn't mother be proud? I'm so glad to have this chance. All the orphans are so sweet and Cadance is like an angel on earth to them. Remember when I used to come to work with you and how it inspired me to be a nurse, now I'm one in my own right and have my dream job by far. I wish mom was here to see me now. I miss you, auntie. Sincerely, your niece, Crosslin." Red Heart smiles and tears begin to fill her eyes. She misses her sister too, but alas, she can't bring her back. At least, she knows she'd be so proud of Crosslin. Honestly, that's all that matters.

Meanwhile back at the orphanage, the colts and fillies are happily playing on the orphanage playground. Meanwhile, the caregivers and Cadance watch from the benches along the side of the playground. They spend the entire afternoon outside since it was so absolutely beautiful. Cadance is just glad the orphans are happy. To her, that's all that matters.