• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 691 Views, 51 Comments

Cadence Founds The Crystal Kingdom Orphanage - Creativa-Artly01



Cadence, feeling sorry for all the orphans in her empire, founds an orphanage for them.

  • ...
2
 51
 691

Chapter 11

A few days later, more fires spread throughout High Horse Fire once more. Not long after the second set of blazes is put out, the village is completely destroyed and ponies are found dead, and Cadence, once again, is called in to help the orphans that are left.

"How? How did this happen?" says Cadence in shock.

"We don't know," responds a young filly, whose name is Sunshine Heart, in tears.

"Well, it's time for an investigation," responds Cadence, "I'll send my husband and the guard out to look into it." She then takes the foals back to the orphanage. She then goes to the training sector behind the palace and talks with Shining Armor. "Honey," says Cadence, "there's been unexplained fires in the valley down the road from our palace. Can you go look into it for me?"

"Sure, what's the name of the town?" asks Shining Armor.

"High Horse Valley," responds Cadence.

"Okay, I'll get my best soldiers and my investigator friend to help." Shining then runs off to grab the soldiers and investigator and they then head towards the town at top speed.

"Something bad really did happen here," says Shining's investigator friend Spectacle Glass in shock. He then goes over and looks at something in the dirt. "Here's something, your highness. It seems to be a foot print. It's not pony. It's not dragon either. I don't know what it is." He then pulls a foot print book out of his bag and flips through it with his magic. "Here it is," he says a few minutes later, "the print belongs to a fire bird. They are close relatives of the Phoenix but don't go through the same rebirth cycle. They remain as fire indefinitely. Their fire can destroy entire towns. Here is no different."

A few minutes later, they hear crying coming from a half burnt down house. They then go over and peek inside and find two siblings huddling around their baby sister trying to protect her from the ash and smoke. Shining and Spectacle Glass then see two dead bodies at their feet, those of their parents. "Come with me, little ones," says Shining as he pulls them onto his back. They then return to the orphanage and report the findings to Cadence.

"So, what news do you have? What caused it?" asks Cadence as she takes the foals from Shining Armor.

"The blazes that kept popping up were caused by the fire bird, the non-rebirthing cousin of the phoenix," responds Shining Armor.

"Yes, it's their migratory season, so it makes sense their flames would fall on the towns they fly over in that migration," adds Spectacle Glass.

"Thanks for that information," responds Cadence. "It's now in your hooves to rebuild that town."

"I'll get my builder friends Mason, Boulder and Clay on it immediately," responds Spectacle. He then runs off and gives the two instruction on how to rebuild High Horse Valley. The only thing after that is to find a way to get the city repopulated. That's going to be the hardest part.