• Published 10th May 2018
  • 666 Views, 56 Comments

Even Death Needs A Vacation - DubleTruble96



A young Death by the name of Lily is sent to Equestria after one too many emotional outbursts on the job. There's just one catch: Equestrians don't die.

Comments ( 15 )

Amazing ending.

I feel glad for Lily, after all that she's been through, she deserves what she got.

I hope we will see more on Lily's adventures in equestria, but if not, this was a great ending to a great story.

While short this was a amazing read!

8935813
Thanks so much for all the kind words! I deeply appreciate it and I'm glad you were here for the ride!~ I'm not yet sure what I plan for Lily in the future, if I'll write a sequel or not, etc. But regardless, I'm very happy you enjoyed it and I thank you for sticking it out~ :twilightsmile:

8935777
Wow, got it. How did that happen?

This is an excellent story, good work. :twilightsmile:

8935898
Thank you so much! It means a lot!

8935869
I was talking to someone else.

So equestria never can experience the fullness of life because their is neither life and death in it.

8936565 In a sense, yes. This _version_ of Equestria is an "afterlife" (you'll see why I put it in quotes in a minute) of sorts, where the concepts of "life" and "death" don't exist. When you're born immortal, you don't need to worry about these concepts, in a whole world where every creature is immortal, the concepts themselves don't exist. But to say that the Equestrians aren't "alive" is a bit flawed. It was never implied that Equestria is a true afterlife and these are the spirits of Equestrians who've passed on, but rather they just can't die in general.

That being said, saying that Equestrians aren't truly "alive" is inaccurate. They're as alive and well as you or me, they just see things a little differently.

This was a very good story.

I liked this story a lot. It was a sweet read and had a lot of power to go further then it did. But the ending you made is a good place as well.

9147222
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!~

Login or register to comment