• Published 29th Mar 2018
  • 1,637 Views, 10 Comments

The Return of the King - Bronyxy



A terrified Flurry Heart arrives at the Castle of Friendship seeking help from her favorite foalsitter. Twilight has to lead an army to investigate with the help of Rainbow Dash. Could Sombra have returned and if so how could she stop him?

  • ...
2
 10
 1,637

7 Many Years Later

It was a sunny afternoon in late spring. The wind had warmed with the promise of summer and the birds were preparing their nests for the start of new life.

Twilight knelt in the graveyard as she did at this time every year and placed fresh spring flowers in a vase on a grave. She uttered some sad words and allowed tears to run down her muzzle, dripping into the well-tended grass where they mixed with those shed across previous decades.

She had paid her respects at the graves of all the family members related to the guards lost in the torture chamber, still flying through time without any apparent hint of ever being found.

This was the hardest grave of all, and the last one she visited. It belonged to the son of the guard who had thrown her free; the son his wife had been carrying and he had never met.

Twilight had not aged, but these families had, and she berated herself for not having found the spell that would bring it all to an end. She had even gone to Tartarus to negotiate with Sombra, to plead with him, to beg him.

He had just laughed.

She put a forehoof up to cover her face and sobbed another bitter tear that she knew would not be her last.

Comments ( 3 )

Guai in arrivo!

I have got to stop reading such intense stories....it can't be good for my heart to keep stopping...

This was awesome!

And the final chapter....I admit it, I was crying.:fluttercry:

9338739
That's true, though I'll still stand by saying that her response would be a lot more than a simple "eep"

Login or register to comment