• Published 13th Jan 2018
  • 867 Views, 14 Comments

Journeys - The Crazed Werewolf

  • ...
2
 14
 867

...And Found

Starlight locked the door behind her. And then turned and looked at both Sunset and Sunburst. She was uncertain what to do, but then she remembered something she read in the Friendship Journal; A true true friend helps a friend in need. Sunburst and Sunset were her friends. Besides the Friendship Map had sent her to solve a friendship problem involving Princess Celestia and Princess Lune, so fixing this should be a breeze, right?

"Sunset, why don't you tell Sunburst your side of the story," Starlight said, "since we already heard Sunburst's version."

Sunset hesitated for a moment and Starlight could see that she was trying to decide what to say.

"Sunburst, she I was Celestia's student, I was shown that in the future I could be one of the most powerful unicorns ever, possibly even an alicorn." Sunset said, "I became greedy for as much knowledge and power that I could get."

"Celestia saw this and decided take a slower approach to my studies." Sunset continued, "I felt that she was unfairly withholding that power from me, so I fled Equestria, abandoning you and our family in process. It wasn't until years later that I realized my screw-ups. I never meant to hurt you or dad."

Starlight and Sunburst listened to Sunset tell her story.

"I'm here to apologize, I know I can't change the past, but I hope that one day you will forgive me little brother." Sunset finished.

Sunburst was quiet for a long moment. Starlight could tell that he was mulling over what Sunset had told him.

"After you left, dad and I were devastated. You were never close to my mother, but even she missed you. Dad took it the hardest though." Sunburst said, "After a while he just gave up on living."

Sunset was on the verge tears.

"Daddy." Sunset quietly cried.

"He forgave you in the end." Sunburst said quietly, holding back tears. Suddenly Sunburst wrapped his forelegs around Sunset.

"I've missed you Sunburst." Sunset said.

"I've missed you too Sunset." Sunburst said, "and I forgive you."

Sunset felt a weight lifted off of her shoulders. Then she remembered something.

"Sunburst," Sunset said, "Starlight has a question for you."

Sunset looked from Sunset to Starlight. Starlight could feel her cheeks blush.

"Sunburst, I was wondering if you weren't doing anything, would be my special somepony for Hearts and Hooves Day?" Starlight asked.

Now it was Sunburst's turn to blush.

"You want me to be your special somepony?" Sunburst asked, "I was going to ask you."

"So that's a yes?" Starlight asked. Sunburst nodded.

"Yay." Sunset said to herself.

==================================

Sunburst went with Starlight and Sunset on their return trip to Ponyville. They were greeted at the castle by Princess Twilight. She looked happy that Sunset had reconciled with her family.

"I have a gift for the both of you." Twilight said to Sunset and Sunburst. She then used her magic the levitate a journal to each of them.

"Is this?" Sunset asked.

"It is." Twilight confirmed.

"What, it's just a journal." Sunburst said confused.

"What ever I write in mine will appear in yours, and vice-versa." Sunset said, "that way we can still communicate even though we are worlds apart."

"Most impressive." Sunburst said.

"Sunburst you are going to have to come visit me sometime, my friends would love to meet you." Sunset said.

"I plan on it, your world sounds interesting from what both you and Starlight have told me." Sunburst said.

Sunset gave everypony, including Spike, a hug before stepping through the mirror.

Author's Note:

And this is the end. For now.

Sorry it is so short. I plan to have a longer sequel, though I don't know when it will be posted.

As always questions and comments are appreciated.