• Published 13th Jan 2018
  • 867 Views, 14 Comments

Journeys - The Crazed Werewolf

  • ...
2
 14
 867

Scootaloo

Scootaloo was focused on the piecies of plastic in front of her. Someone or something was trying to break her concentration. She felt something push against her leg. She jumped in her seat and looked down. There was a tortoise nudging against her.

"Tank!" Scootaloo cried, "what are you doing out of your aquarium?"

She heard laughter coming from her bedroom door. Scootaloo turned and looked and saw her sister, Rainbow Dash, leaning against the door frame.

"Heya squirt." Rainbow said, "you were so into what you were building you didn't hear me call your name. So what are you building?"

"The Enterprise-E." Scootaloo said holding up the box.

"I thought you already built the Enterprise." Rainbow said, pointing to a model that was suspended from Scootaloo's bedroom ceiling by fishing wire.

"That's the Enterprise NX-01, this is the Enterprise-E, they're completely different." Scootaloo explained, "you know what, I'll have dad explain it to you."

"You aren't kidding, you would wouldn't you." Rainbow said, sticking out her tongue, "oh, before I forget, mom wanted me to tell you to get ready, we're going out tonight, dad will meet us there."

That shocked Scootaloo, since Rainbow's family had adopted her She had learned that they only ate out on special occasions, they usually ate family meals at home, waiting for Rainbow and Scootaloo to get home from whichever sport practice they had that day.

"What's up?"Scootaloo asked as she stood up and grabbed the new hoodie that she had been given during Hanukkah.

"Don't know, mom just wanted me to tell you to get ready." Rainbow said.

Despite her many questions Scootaloo was unable to get her mom to divulge any information. Scootaloo's eyes went wide when the car pulled into one of Canterlots's more prestigious steak houses.

Once inside they were led to one of the private party dining rooms in the back of the restaurant. Inside were all her friends, her sisters friends, even Principle Celestia and Vice-Principle Luna. What really caught her eye was the banner proclaiming: CONGRATULATIONS SCOOTALOO!

"Wh-what is all this?" Scootaloo asked fighting back tears.

Rainbow spoke first.

"Its been six months since my parents adopted you, and well, Pinkie wanted to throw you a proper party."

==================================
Six Months earlier.

Scootaloo couldn't sleep. She was waiting for the other shoe to drop. She got up and wrapped herself her blanket, then she walked quietly out of her room. Her room, she still wasn't used to that. As she passed the open door to Rainbow's room she could hear the older girl snoring. As she glanced she could have sworn that her pet tortoise was wearing ear muffs. She heard what sounded like the TV playing from downstairs and followed the sound. She found Rainbow's dad, Mr. Hothoof, seated on the couch facing the TV with a glass of milk and a plate of cookies on the coffee table in front of him. He looked at her when she entered the room.

"Can't sleep Scootaloo?" he asked. She just nodded, "well come here you can watch one of my favorite shows with me."

Scootaloo sat down on the couch.

"Help yourself to some cookies, I won't tell if you won't. Want a glass of milk?" Bow Hothoof asked the newest member of his family. Again Scootaloo only nodded.

"Neither Windy and Rainbow like this show, so it will be nice to have someone to share it with." Bow said after returning with a glass of milk for Scootaloo.

"What are watching?" Scootaloo asked.

"You'll see." was the last thing Bow Hothoof said before pressing the play button on the remote. Scootaloo heard a voice with a foreign accent say: "These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise, its continuing mission; to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before!"

==================================

Scootaloo had loved the show she had watched and soon, it had become her nightly ritual to watch it with her dad each night. As time had passed she had grown closer to both of her adoptive parents and to Rainbow, she had nearly forgotten that a year ago she had been in foster care. She now had a family, a real family.

Some people don't believe in miracles, but Scootaloo wasn't one of them. She knew that miracles were real, because one had happened to her.