• Published 13th Jan 2018
  • 867 Views, 14 Comments

Journeys - The Crazed Werewolf

  • ...
2
 14
 867

Apple Bloom

Sunset Shimmer woke with a start. She glanced at her digital alarm clock.

02:00AM

*knock knock knock*

Who would be knocking on her door at this hour? Flash had left around 11 after their date. She hoped this wasn't another of Pinkie's or Rainbow's pranks.

"That better not be a raven knocking on my chamber door." Sunset called quite pleased with her own wit at this Celestia forsaken hour. She tied her bathrobe around her before looking through the peephole on her apartment door. All she could see was a red bow. She sighed before opening the door.

"Apple Bloom, what are you doing here at this time of night?" Sunset asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Can ah stay here for the night Sunset?" Apple Bloom asked. Now that Sunset was looking at her, she could tell that the younger girl had been crying.

"Hey, what's wrong Apple Bloom?" Sunset asked, a touch of concern in her voice.

"AJ and ah had a fight, and I ran away from home!" Apple Bloom cried.

"Shshsh, why don't you sit on the couch and tell me about it." Sunset said, "Would you like something to drink, soda, tea, coffee?"

"Soda please." Apple Bloom replied, waiting for Sunset to sit down. While she was grabbing them each a soda out of her fridge she grabbed her phone off the counter where she had placed it to charge overnight and placed it in her pocket. Then she sat down on the couch opposite of Apple Bloom.

"Tell me what happened." Sunset said.

"Granny and Big Mac went to go visit Goldie Delicious 'cause she is sick, AJ was gonna go with 'em and I was gonna stay home by myself, but AJ decided that she needed to stay and watch me instead. I'm old enough to be by mahself for one night." Apple Bloom pouted.

"You know that AJ is just concerned about you, you're growing up fast and AJ is your big sister. And I realize that AJ can be overprotective. If I had had a big sister to look out for me, maybe I wouldn't have made some of the more questionable choices that I have made in life." Sunset explained. She was startled by something vibrating in her pocket. She pulled out her phone and looked at it. One name on on the screen.

Applejack.

Sunset held up her finger, signaling that Apple Bloom should be quiet.

"Yes Applejack." Sunset said, "AJ, calm down, she's here at my place. Why doesn't she stay here tonight and you two can talk thing over in the morning during breakfast, my treat."

Apple Bloom couldn't hear her sister's side of the conversation.

"Ok, we'll see you tomorrow morning at the diner... Well then call Pinkie and let her know you found her." Sunset said, "bye."

Sunset put her phone back in her pocket. She took a sip from her soda then looked at Apple Bloom.

"AJ is really worried about you, she called Pinkie. I guess Limestone was ready to burn down the city to find you." Sunset said, "in the morning we're going to talk to AJ, tonight we are going to get some sleep. You get the bed in the loft, I'll sleep here on the couch."

"OK." Apple Bloom said standing up and walking toward the stairs to the loft.

" Hey, Apple Bloom, why did you come to me and not one of your friends like Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo?" asked Sunset.

"Those would be the first places that AJ would look, and I don't know where Silver Spoon lives." Apple Bloom said, "and ah figured that you would be able to talk me out of it."

Sunset nodded before smiling. She looked at Apple Bloom and then said, " I'm glad that I could help you out."

"Oh, Sunset, what was that you said about a raven before you opened the door?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Just quoting one of my favorite poems." Sunset answered.