• Published 22nd Oct 2017
  • 1,147 Views, 31 Comments

Trick's Flashfics - Trick Question



An anthology of flash-fiction stories, 150 words long each.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,147

Pride Included

Author's Note:

Submitted in June 2022 for the "Pride. All welcome!" Flashfic contest.
(Drama, Romance, Slice of Life)

Starlight Glimmer sat in her office with her fiance and two distressed students.

"I'm very sorry this happened, especially at the School of Friendship," said Starlight. "The graffiti's been removed."

Trixie snorted. "Sorry? I'll hang whoever did this by their ears!"

"Just dumb prank," mumbled Yona, eyes downcast.

"No. You don't deserve this," said Starlight.

"Took a while for us to figure out what 'MOPCLOPPER' meant," admitted Sandbar.

Yona frowned. "Headmare, are we 'queer'? Like you?"

Starlight paused. "Miscegenation isn't usually considered queer, but maybe it should be."

"Species is a bigger leap than tribe," noted Trixie. "Regardless, I agree: our struggle is the same."

Starlight held Trixie's hoof and smiled. "How'd you two like to be Marshalls of Ponyville's Pride Parade next week?"

"We qualify for Pride?" asked Yona.

Sandbar grinned and kissed Yona on the cheek. "Of course we do! I couldn't be more proud to love you."

Comments ( 1 )

There's something oddly amusing about the targets of a slur needing a moment to realize that it is a slur, since their relationship is basically unprecedented. And yeah, I'm with Trixie. These two are adorable, dang it.

Login or register to comment