• Published 22nd Oct 2017
  • 1,147 Views, 31 Comments

Trick's Flashfics - Trick Question



An anthology of flash-fiction stories, 150 words long each.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,147

Balloons

Author's Note:

Submitted for a flashfic competition at BronyCon 2018, where the prompts were "Applejack", "Vice Principal Luna", and "balloons". Edited afterwards to reduce word count.
(Comedy, Sex, Slice of Life)

Disco lights danced across the gymnasium as DJ PON-3 dropped another hot beat. Yet the students of Canterlot High hugged the walls, avoiding the dance floor altogether.

"I don't get it," said Applejack. "How come nobody's out there cuttin' a rug?"

Vice Principal Luna sighed. "Applejack, you were responsible for the decorations for the Midnight Formal, yes?"

"Yes'm," said AJ. "I meant for those balloons on the dance floor to be larger, but the party store was out so I just borrowed a hundred tiny ones from Pinkie's stash."

"You did not ask Pinkamena, I take it?" inquired Luna. Pinkie hid her face in her hands.

"Nah. Just figured I'd pay her back later," said Applejack.

Luna turned to Applejack's blushing friends. "Please clear the floor," she ordered.

As they set to work, Luna made a mental note to bring up the school's neglected sex education program with her sister.