• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48: Doppelgänger

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100 Attribute: WATER Type: Sea Serpent

4 Level 4 WATER monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 32: Marine Biting Dragon – Shark Drake" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 monster from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster on the field; that target's ATK and DEF become 0 until your next End Phase. You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect.

Alex, Spike, and Charley slid into their dueling room from the hallway portal. Alex even had to catch Spike, his small size being more susceptible to the slick marble floors. They then heard a laughing from the end of the room. Suddenly, a force pulled them onto their feet and slid them further across the hall into the middle. Then, three rings of fire formed around the three duelists and then dissapeared. Alex tried to reach out, but he was caught by surprised when a green flare appeared where his fingers were, burning them slightly. A shadowy figure then appeared before them. Alex could see the humanoid appearance, so he immediately assumed it was a Vegas agent. Upon stepping out of the darkness, he saw it was the last person he expected it to be: himself. The copy of Alex wore the exact same clothes as Alex did with exact body features. “Who are you?” asked Alex.

“What are you talking about?” feigned the copy. “It’s your friend, Alex.”

It then changed from Alex to Charley.

“Or maybe I’m Charley.”

It changed from Charley to Spike.

“Or it could be your old pal, Spike.”

The copy of Spike laughed until it transformed into its true form: A coal black alicorn with green eyes, and a ragged dark blue mane. The horn on its forehead was jagged, her wings were thin like insect wings which looked torn, and it had holes that went through her front and back hooves. She was wearing a corrupted version of the Element of Kindness around her neck.

“You’re a doppelgänger,” said Alex.

“Not exactly,” she said in dual voice like a demon. “I am the queen of changelings, Queen Chrysalis.”

“I’ve never heard of you,” said Alex.

“Outsiders like you generally don't. The dragon should know about me though.”

Spike explained how she had tried to form a coup by marrying Twilight’s brother as a doppelgänger of his true love, Princess Cadence, and how she was stopped.

“When we heard of Inverz’ revival, my minions and I-”

“Minions?”

“They are changelings just like me. You know all of those bats and soldiers you and your friend fought in that battle? They were my minions taking the form of Inverz’ army. When you and your pesky, who was it, Ryan took a quarter of the Numbers, Inverz couldn’t regain his full power. That’s where I came in. He summoned the first couple creatures of his army, and we copied their forms forming the massive army that, from what I hear killed a lot of your friends, including that griffon.”

“You mean Gilda? Wait. Gilda’s dead?”

“Who do you think it was that was able to reconnect the train? We took care of her.”

Alex felt the tears roll from his face. Queen Chrysalis began moaning.

“Oh yes,” she exclaimed. “Your love for your friends is what gives me strength.”

“Fuck you!” yelled Charley. “If you want blood, I’ll gladly give you some of your own.”

“That’s more like it,” she said.

An extra pair of wings sprouted from Queen Chrysalis’ back, her right wing having two zones on it, the other having three.

“By the way, I think you should know what you’re playing for,” said Queen Chrysalis.

A stone block appeared in the room. Stuck inside of the stone was a frightened looking Fluttershy, looking as if she was banging on the inside to try and get out.

“Fluttershy,” said Charley weakly. “FLUTTER SHY!”

It’s such a wonderful sight isn’t it,” said Queen Chrysalis, giggling.

“Let her go immediately!”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. The only way to free her and pass this place is to defeat me. But why would you want to ruin such art like this,” she said, referring to the trapped pegasus.

She then proceeded to laugh as loud as she could.

“You fucking cunt!” Charley violently whipped her arm out to the side to unsheathe her D-Pad.

Spike also did the same with his. Alex unsheathed his duel disk as all duelists drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Alex, Charley, and Spike vs. Queen Chrysalis

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400). Next, he activates Hieratic Seal of Supremacy, special summoning a Hieratic monster from his hand, choosing Hieratic Dragon of Nuit (ATK: 1700 DEF: 900).

Alex places 2 cards face down.

Status: Hand-1 Life-12000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Queen Chrysalis’ Turn: Queen Chrysalis summons Steelswarm Genome (ATK: 1000 DEF: 0). Queen Chrysalis then activates Double Summon, tributing Steelswarm Genome to summon Steelswarm Caucastag (ATK: 2800 DEF: 0). When Steelswarm Caucastag is normal summoned by tributing 2 Steelswarm monsters (Steelswarm Genome can be counted as two tributes), Queen Chrysalis can destroy all monsters on the field (except for Steelswarm Caucastag). Alex activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster he controls is destroyed. Queen Chrysalis attacks Alex, Charley, and Spike directly with Steelswarm Caucastag.

Alex, Charley, and Spike’s Life Points: 12000 -> 9200

Queen Chrysalis places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-12000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Queen Chrysalis laughed at the simplicity of her turn.

“You won’t laugh at my friends at alive,” said Charley, seething.

____________________________________

Charley’s Turn: Charley activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Charley summons Gishki Beast (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). When Gishki Beast is normal summoned, Charley can special summon a level 4 or lower Gishki monster from her graveyard, choosing Gishki Avance (ATK: 1500 DEF: 800). Once per turn, with Gishki Avance’s effect, Charley can place a Gishki monster in her deck to the top of her deck. Charley then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Hieratic Dragon of Nuit. Charley overlays Hieratic Dragon of Nuit, Gishki Avance, and Gishki Beast to xyz summon Number 32: Shark Drake (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100).

Charley attacks Steelswarm Caucastag with Number 32: Shark Drake. Both monsters have equal ATK, but since only Numbers can destroy other Numbers by battle, Number 32: Shark Drake isn’t destroyed. Charley activates Number 32: Shark Drake’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, she can special summon the monster it destroyed onto her opponent’s side of the field, reduce its ATK by 1000, and attack it once more. Steelswarm Caucastag is special summoned onto Queen Chrysalis’ side of the field (ATK: 2800 -> 1800). Number 32: Shark Drake attacks Steelswarm Caucastag again.

Queen Chrysalis’ Life Points: 12000 -> 11000

Charley places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-9200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I’m glad to see that your strength matches your fury,” said Queen Chrysalis. “But your strength is nowhere near as strong as mine.”

____________________________________

Queen Chrysalis’ Turn: Queen Chrysalis activates Graceful Revival, special summoning Steelswarm Genome from the graveyard. Queen Chrysalis tributes Steelswarm Genome to summon Steelswarm Longhorn (ATK: 3000 DEF: 0). When Steelswarm Longhorn is tribute summoned with Steelswarm monsters, Queen Chrysalis can pay 1000 life points to destroy a monster on the field, choosing Number 32: Marine Biting Dragon – Shark Drake.

Queen Chrysalis’ Life Points: 11000 -> 10000

Charley activates Utopian Aura, detaching 1 xyz material from an xyz monster she controls to negate the destruction of xyz monsters she controls by card effects. Queen Chrysalis equips Steelswarm Longhorn with Axe of Despair, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 3000 -> 4000). Queen Chrysalis attacks Number 32: Marine Biting Dragon – Shark Drake with Steelswarm Longhorn. Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by other Numbers, but battle damage is applied normally.

Alex, Charley, and Spike’s Life Points: 9200 -> 8000

Queen Chrysalis places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-10000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Spike’s Turn: Spike summons Jurrac Protops (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Spike activates Star Changer, increasing Jurrac Protops’ level by 1 (Lvl.: 4 -> 5). Spike then activates Xyz Plant, which becomes a token with the same level as a monster he controls. Spike overlays Jurrac Protops and Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 61: Volcasaurus (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1000). Spike activates Number 61: Volcasaurus’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Spike can destroy 1 monster that the opponent controls and inflict damage equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster, choosing Steelswarm Longhorn.

Queen Chrysalis’ Life Points: 10000 -> 7000

Queen Chrysalis activates her Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster of hers is destroyed. If Spike activates Number 61: Volcasaurus’ effect, he can’t attack the opponent directly.

Spike places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“How dare you,” grunted Queen Chrysalis. “I’ll show you how I treat children when they misbehave.”

____________________________________

Queen Chrysalis’ Turn: Queen Chrysalis activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Steelswarm Caucastag from her graveyard. Then, she activates her Xyz Plant, which becomes a token with the same level as a monster she controls. Queen Chrysalis overlays Steelswarm Caucastag and Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer in defense position (ATK: 1500 DEF: 2500). Queen Chrysalis activates Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Queen Chrysalis can destroy all xyz monsters her opponent controls and inflict damage equal to the total ATK of the monsters destroyed. Spike activates Damage Diet, halving the damage of this effect.

Alex, Charley, and Spike’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5350

Queen Chrysalis places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-7000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates his Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he activates his trap Immortal Dragon, special summoning Dragunity Arma Leyvaten from his graveyard (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1200). When Dragunity Arma Leyvaten is special summoned, Alex can choose a Dragon-type monster in his graveyard and equip it to Dragunity Arma Leyvaten, choosing Dragunity Phalanx. When Dragunity Phalanx is equipped to a monster by a card effect, Alex can special summon it (ATK: 500 DEF: 1100). Alex tunes Dragunity Arma Leyvaten with Dragunity Phalanx to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800).

Alex equips Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Dragon Treasure, increasing its ATK and DEF by 300 (ATK: 3200 -> 3500, DEF: 2800 -> 3100). Alex attacks Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer with Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer isn’t destroyed. Because Nero, the Dragon Warlord can inflict piercing damage, battle damage is applied.

Queen Chrysalis’ Life Points: 7000 -> 6000

For every 1000 points of damage Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts through battle by the end of the battle phase, Alex draws 1 card (1).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-6 Life-5350 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Queen Chrysalis’ Turn: Queen Chrysalis activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she activates her trap Meteor Flare, discarding 2 cards to inflict 2000 points of damage to Alex, Charley, and Spike.

Alex, Charley, and Spike’s Life Points: 5350 -> 3350

Queen Chrysalis then activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning Steelswarm Genome from the graveyard. Then she activates Inferno Reckless Summon, special summoning all copies of Steelswarm Genome from her deck. Queen Chrysalis tributes all 3 Steelswarm Genomes to summon Steelswarm Hercules (ATK: 3200 DEF: 0). Queen Chrysalis activates Steelswarm Hercules’ effect. By halving her life points, she can destroy all other cards on the field.

Queen Chrysalis’ Life Points: 6000 -> 3000

Queen Chrysalis attacks Alex, Charley, and Spike directly with Steelswarm Hercules.

Alex, Charley, and Spike’s Life Points: 3350 -> 150

Queen Chrysalis ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Do you see the futility of trying to defeat me yet?” asked Queen Chrysalis. “You will not see the light of day, or your pegasus friend ever again!”

She laughed. Charley was brimming with rage. If there was any window to defeat her opponent, she would take every opportunity to ensure that happened, especially with her friend on the line.

____________________________________

Charley’s Turn: Charley activates Reload, sending her hand to her deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the amount she sent to her deck. Charley activates Magical Stone Excavation, discarding 2 cards to add a spell card from her graveyard to her hand, choosing Monster Reborn. Charley activates Monster Reborn to special summon Number 32: Marine Biting Dragon – Shark Drake. Charley then overlays Number 32: Marine Biting Dragon – Shark Drake to chaos xyz summon Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100).

Charley then equips Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss with Steel Shell, increasing its ATK by 400 while decreasing its DEF by 300 (ATK: 2800 -> 3200 DEF: 2100 -> 1800). Charley actvates Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss's effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it and removing a monster in her graveyard from play, she can reduce a monster's ATK to 0, choosing Steelswarm Hercules (ATK: 3200 -> 0). Charley attacks Steelswarm Hercules with Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss.

Queen Chrysalis’ Life Points: 3000 -> 0

Alex, Charley, and Spike win.


“No!” shouted Queen Chrysalis upon defeat.

The Element of Kindness was now restored, the black center now replaced with its normal pink gem. Suddenly, burn marks began to appear around Queen Chrysalis’ neck where she wore the element.

“What?” Fire then began spreading over her body, the element’s power incinerating her. “NO!” she screamed before she was nothing but ashes.

The element used its power to unlock Fluttershy from her stone prison. Fluttershy almost leapt out of the stone upon being freed. She took a little time to observe her unfamiliar surroundings, but upon seeing Charley, she ran to her open arms, crying.

“It’s okay, Fluttershy,” cooed Charley, cradling her. “You’re safe now.”

“Thank you,” responded Fluttershy in between sobs.

Suddenly the door opened to the outside.

“What’s that,” asked Fluttershy.

“I think we’re about to find out."

Charley picked up Fluttershy and her element as she walked outside with Alex and Spike.

PreviousChapters Next