• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Wait for Sleep

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number C115: Carina Nova

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Fairy

3 Level 4 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Numbers" monster. If your Life Points are 1000 or less, you can Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina" you control as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish the top card on your Deck. If that card was a monster, this card gains ATK equal to the banished monster until the End Phase.

Orion and Helena were starting to feel the toll of the competitions regulations. While pokémon are regarded to be stronger and have higher stamina than humans, but while a human (or a pony’s) duel disk was powered by electricity, Orion and Helena powered their duel disks by their psychic powers, which drained a lot more energy than normal. This made them just as, if not, more, vulnerable than a human. Helena was sitting up against a tree as she drained her water bottle of all the liquid it had.

“Helena, please,” said Orion. “We can’t keep refilling our water bottles after every duel. I know that using our energy this much in a short amount of time is taxing, but we have to find a way to make it to the finals, otherwise, our friends might not stand a chance against the Vegas Bureau.”

“Please, just give me your water bottle,” demanded Helena.

Orion gave her his half empty water, which she drained as quickly as hers.

“Listen,” asked Orion. “Do you want to go to bed? I’m sure we have enough wins to make it to the finals.”

Helena wearily looked at Orion. “Let’s make our way back to the theater. If we found someone that we haven’t dueled yet, we do it. Deal?”

“…Deal.”

____________________________________

The journey from Whitetail Wood to Ponyville was a chore in of itself. The splendor of the leaves, the atmosphere, and moonlight at this time of night could lull anyone into sleep. They were finally relieved after seeing the town just a half mile up ahead. Warm, cozy beds, thought Helena. Soft pillows. Velvety sheets. Suddenly, two shapes caught them in their tracks. While Helena had promised Orion a duel, these were the very last duelists she wanted to duel at this time: Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart.

“I’ve been dying to duel the two of you,” said Derpy Hooves.

“Can it, you… you cross… eyed pegasus,” slurred Helena.

She was barely clinging to her consciousness. Normally, Derpy Hooves would be grossly offended at being called cross-eyed, but given Helena’s condition, she just laughed.

“Oh, this should be easier than I thought.”

“Listen Derpy,” pleaded Orion. “She’s not well and she needs to get to bed.”

“I don’t believe you,” snapped Little Strongheart.

She then used a spell to keep Orion and Helena in place.

“Fine then… you, bastards,” slurred Helena.

She made her gauntlet appear on her arm while the orange and silver pod’s feather zones unfurled to turn into her duel disk. The use of her energy like this felt as if she had half of her life taken away from her. She crumpled to the ground, exhausted.

“Helena!” gasped Orion, rushing to Helena’s side.

“If you two are this desperate to escape, I’ll let you call a forfeit. No Numbers will be taken, and you can go on your merry way.”

“That’s exactly what I’m going to-”

He was stopped by a delicate hand over his chest horns. Helena used his horns to pull herself up and stand up to Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart.

“Helena, you don’t have to do this.”

“Yes, WE do,” said Helena weakly. “I’m fine with declining a challenge, but I’ll never be okay with forfeiting a duel. Either we win or we lose, but we do it the right way. Understand?”

Orion responded with a single nod. He then transformed his wand into his duel disk. He then felt the same feeling that Helena did, and it caused him to swoon, kneeling down to catch himself. He immediately stood back up, trying to save face.

“This is going to be fun,” said Derpy Hooves.

Orion, Helena, Derpy Hooves, and Little Strongheart drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all cried.

Orion and Helena vs. Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000). With Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki’s effect, Orion can special summon 1 level 4 or lower Six Samurai monster from his hand, choosing Kagemusha of the Six Samurai (ATK: 400 DEF: 1800). Orion tunes Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki and Kagemusha of the Six Samurai to synchro summon Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1400). Next, Orion special summons Grandmaster of the Six Samurai from his hand, as he controls a Six Samurai monster (ATK: 2100 DEF: 800). Orion overlays Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En and Grandmaster of the Six Samurai to xyz summon Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mach (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1500).

Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Orion knew the strengths of these two duelists, and he’d have to be as cautious as possible, that is, if his exhaustion wouldn’t get the better of him or Helena first. Derpy also knew the strengths of her two opponents, and regardless of how tired they said they were, she wouldn’t let up.

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she special summons Doom Dozer from her hand by banishing 2 Insect-type monsters in her graveyard from play (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2600). Derpy Hooves then activates the spell Ancient Rules, special summoning a level 5 or higher normal monster from her hand, choosing Metal Armored Bug (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1500).

Derpy Hooves overlays Doom Dozer and Metal Armored Bug to xyz summon Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder (ATK: 1500 DEF: 2500). Derpy Hooves activates Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can destroy all xyz monsters her opponent controls and inflicting damage equal to the destroyed monsters’ ATK.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5600

Orion activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster he controls was destroyed.

Derpy Hooves places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Inflicting that much effect damage on your first turn like that, thought Helena. You really aren’t going to let up.

Her eyes felt like huge sandbags that seemed nearly impossible to keep open. But she knew that this was the challenge the EFDC presented. If she could fight and win against these two under the conditions that she was in, then defeating anyone in the Vegas Bureau would be a cinch.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena activates the field spell Photon World. Next, Helena activates Photon Sanctuary, special summoning 2 level 4 Photon tokens (ATK: 2000 DEF: 0). With Photon World’s effect, whenever a Photon monster is summoned, damage is inflicted to all teams who don’t control a Photon monster equal to 100 times the monster’s level (Lvl.: 4 x 2 = 8 x 100 = 800). Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart do not control any Photon monsters.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7200

Helena then tributes the 2 Photon tokens to special summon Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Photon World’s effect activates again (Lvl.: 8 x 100 = 800).

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 7200 -> 6400

Helena places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Over the course of the day, Little Strongheart proved herself to be more than a sidekick; she seemed to duel as well, if not, better than Derpy Hooves. She was especially excited about facing whom she considered to be her toughest foes yet. She was certain that the cards in her hand would help ensure their victory.

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Derpy Hooves activates Trap Stun, negating the activation of Trap Cards this turn. Little Strongheart activates Forbidden Chalice, increasing Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s ATK by 400 and negating its effects (ATK: 3000 -> 3400). Next, she activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki from Orion’s graveyard. Then, she activates the spell Cost Down, discarding one card to reduce the levels of all monster cards in her hand by 2.

Little Strongheart tributes Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki to normal summon Yamata Dragon (ATK: 2600 DEF: 3100). Little Strongheart then activates Shield and Sword, switching the ATK and DEF of all monsters of the field. All additions and subtractions in ATK and/or DEF are applied to the new ATK and/or DEF (ATK: 1500 -> 2500, DEF: 2500 -> 1500) (ATK: 3400 -> (2500 + 400 =) 2900 DEF: 2500 DEF: 3000) (ATK: 2600 -> 3100 DEF: 3100 -> 2600). Little Strongheart places 1 card face down. Little Strongheart attacks Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon with Yamata Dragon.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 5600 -> 5400

With Yamata Dragon’s effect, when it inflicts damage to Little Strongheart’s opponent’s life points, Little Strongheart draws until she has 5 cards in her hand. Little Strongheart equips Yamata Dragon with Mirror of Yata, negating the effect that requires it to return to the hand during the end phase of the turn it was normal summoned.

Little Strongheart places 1 card face down and ends her turn. All monsters’ ATK and DEF return to normal (ATK: 2500 -> 1500 DEF: 1500 -> 2500) (ATK: 3100 -> 2600 DEF: 2600 -> 3100).

Status: Hand-3 Life-6400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

I’m glad I didn’t bring out Number 39 just yet, thought Orion. Seeing the situation at hand though, it seems like they leave me no choice.

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates The Warrior Returning Alive, having Orion add a Warrior-type monster from his graveyard to his hand, choosing Grandmaster of the Six Samurai. Orion then summons The Six Samurai – Irou (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Orion uses Grandmaster of the Six Samurai’s effect to special summon itself from his hand when he controls a Six Samurai monster.

Orion then activates his face down Star Changer, reducing Grandmaster of the Six Samurai’s Level by 1 (Lvl.: 5 -> 4). Orion overlays Grandmaster of the Six Samurai with The Six Samurai – Irou to xyz summon Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). Orion attacks Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer with Number 39: Utopia. Little Strongheart attempts to activate Battle Break, but Helena activates Trap Jammer, negating Battle Break and destroying it. The attack goes through.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 6400 -> 5400

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-5400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Orion had just summoned two Numbers in this duel alone, and with the depravation of sleep, the further extent of his powers proved to be even more taxing. He began to tremor at his muscles fighting to stay awake.

“Come on,” called Derpy Hooves. “I’m not going to become embarrassed for you when you collapse during exhaustion, so just quit right now.”

Orion found the most comfortable, yet defiant, position he could muster.

“Then I’ll just have to knock you out.”

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she summons Inzektor Dragonfly (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1800). She then activates Inzektor Dragonfly’s effect, equipping an Inzektor monster from her hand to it, choosing Inzektor Giga-Mantis. When a monster is equipped with Inzektor Giga-Mantis, that monster’s original ATK becomes 2400 (ATK: 1800 -> 2400).

Next, Derpy Hooves equips Inzektor Dragonfly with Inzektor Axe – Zektahawk, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 2400 -> 3400). Derpy Hooves attacks Number 39: Utopia. When a monster equipped with Inzektor Axe – Zektahawk attacks, the opponent cannot activate spell or trap cards. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by other Numbers, Number 39: Utopia isn’t destroyed. Battle Damage is still applied.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 5400 -> 4500

Derpy Hooves places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Helena knew that her exhaustion would soon get the better of her, and she knew summoning Numbers would just end the same way as it did with Orion. But it was too late to turn back now. If they lost this duel, Orion would lose his ace Number, and with how far they had gotten on it, she surely wouldn’t let it fall into Derpy Hooves or Little Strongheart’s hooves now.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena special summons Photon Thrasher, as she controls no monsters (ATK: 2100 DEF: 0). Photon World’s effect actvates (Lvl.: 4 x 100 = 400).

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 5400 -> 5000

Helena then normal summons Photon Circle (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000) (Lvl.: 4 x 100 = 400).

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 5000 -> 4600

Helena overlays Photon Circle and Photon Thrasher to xyz summon Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800). Helena activates Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it when she has no cards in her hand, she can draw 5 cards from her deck. Helena activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field (ATK: 3400 -> 1000).

Derpy Hooves activates Inzektor Dragonfly’s effect. When an equip card is destroyed while equipped to Inzektor Dragonfly, Derpy can special summon an Inzektor monster from her deck, choosing Inzektor Giga-Weevil in defense position (ATK: 0 DEF: 2600). Helena activates Stop Defense, switching Inzektor Giga-Weevil into attack position. Helena attacks Inzektor Giga-Weevil with Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 4600 -> 2300

Helena places 3 cards face down. Helena activates Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina’s effect again, detaching 1 xyz material from it when she has no cards in her hand and drawing 5 cards from her deck.

Helena ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-4500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3

____________________________________

Helena was content with the damage she had inflicted and blissfully sat on the ground, the lack of strain on her muscles feeling extremely comfortable.

“No!” yelled Little Strongheart. “I will not let you literally sit this duel out.” Helena was practically comatose, her body seeming seconds from fainting. “You will finish this duel standing in front of me, or I will finish you with me standing over you.”

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart tributes Derpy Hooves’ Inzektor Dragonfly to summon Fenghuang (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1800). When Fenghuang is normal summoned, all of the opponent’s set spell/trap cards are destroyed. Next, she special summons Izanagi from her hand by banishing a spirit monster in her hand (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000). Then, she special summons Yamato-no-Kami from her hand by banishing a spirit monster in her graveyard (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1200). Little Strongheart overlays Yamato-no-Kami, Fenghuang, and Izanagi to xyz summon Number 121: Apocalypso – Seven Headed Hydra (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100).

Little Strongheart attacks Number 39: Utopia with Number 121: Apocalypso – Seven Headed Hydra. Orion activates Number 39: Utopia’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material, he can negate the attack. Derpy Hooves activates Number 121: Apocalypso – Seven Headed Hydra’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material when her opponent activates a monster effect when her opponent’s life points are higher than 4000, she can inflict 4000 points of damage to her opponent.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 4500 -> 500

Little Strongheart attacks Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina with Yamata Dragon. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by other Numbers, Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina isn’t destroyed. Battle Damage is still applied.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 500 -> 200

When Yamata Dragon inflicts battle damage, Little Strongheart draws cards until there are 5 in her hand.

Little Strongheart places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-2200 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

The intense energy from the attacks gave Orion full life. And now that his life points were below 1000, he could now end this duel. He staggered forward to begin his turn.

“Orion,” asked Little Strongheart with genuine concern in her voice, “are you okay?”

“Never better.”

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Reload, adding his hand to his deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the amount of cards he sent to his deck. Orion overlays Number 39: Utopia to chaos xyz summon Number C39: Utopia Ray (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). Orion activates Number C39: Utopia Ray’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK increases by 500 while a monster his opponent controls loses 1000. Orion activates this effect 2 times, raising Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK by 1000 and decreasing Yamata Dragon’s ATK by 2000 (ATK: 2500 -> 3500) (ATK: 2600 -> 600). Orion attacks Yamata Dragon with Number 39: Utopia Ray, but Little Strongheart activates Damage Diet, halving the damage she takes this turn.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 2300 -> 850

Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn. Number C39: Utopia Ray and Yamata Dragon’s ATK return to normal (ATK: 3500 -> 2500) (ATK: 600 -> 2600).

Status: Hand-2 Life-1000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Chaos xyz?” asked Derpy Hooves. “Luna never told us about that before. But no matter. Your final bastion has failed to defeat us, and now we will gladly defeat you.”

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon from Helena’s graveyard. Derpy Hooves attacks Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, but Orion activates Iron Resolve, halving his life points to negate Derpy Hooves’ attack.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 200 -> 100

Derpy Hooves ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-850 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Helena lay motionless on the ground.

“It’s your friend’s turn,” said Little Strongheart to Orion. “If she doesn’t begin her turn in the next minute, I’m ending this duel by default.”

“Come on, Helena,” grunted Orion, who knelt by Helena and tried to wake her.

____________________________________

Helena then found herself floating in a cold, black space.

“What is this?” she asked aloud. “Am I dreaming?”

Soon, she saw a blurry window about twenty feet above her. She recognized Orion kneeling over her as he tried to wake her up. She felt too far away to go and come to him, so she continued to stay there and pity herself. Suddenly, in the zero-gravity, her locket floated in front of her face. She instantly remembered the night that Melanie was taken from her and how powerless she was to help her, just like she felt powerless to help Orion. She shed a single tear of despair, which floated in the space and dripped onto her locket. Soon, the locket began glowing, brighter and brighter until the light enveloped her.

____________________________________

Orion was holding Helena’s hand to her forehead, praying for a miracle.

“4… 3… 2…” counted Little Strongheart.

Suddenly, Helena shot awake, full of life, which heavily frightened everyone.

“Orion,” said Helena. “Let’s win this.”

Orion was relieved and happy to see his partner’s determination once again.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Orion activates Trap Reborn, halving his life points to target a normal trap card in his opponent’s graveyard, banish it, and having Trap Reborn’s effect become the effect of the banished trap, choosing Trap Stun, negating the activation of trap cards for the remainder of this turn.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 100 -> 50

Helena overlays Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina to chaos xyz summon Number C115: Carina Nova (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800). Helena activates Number C115: Carina Nova’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from this card, she can banish the top card of her deck. If it’s a monster, Number C115: Carina Nova’s ATK increases by the ATK of the banished monster. Helena draws Photon Crusher (ATK: 2000 DEF: 0) (ATK: 2300 -> 4300). Helena attacks Number 121: Apocalypso – Seven Headed Hydra with Number C115: Carina Nova.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 850 -> 0

Orion and Helena win.


Once the duel ended, the Numbers that Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart used went to Orion and Helena. Helena’s gauntlet and duel disk disappeared as Orion’s duel disk turned back into his wand.

“Chaos…” whimpered Helena, who was smiling brightly with tears in her eyes.

“Helena?” asked Orion, concerned.

“I performed… chaos… xyz.”

With that, she finally fainted and was rendered unconscious. Now that the duel was over, Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart resolved to help Orion get Helena back to the theater.

____________________________________

Orion carried her the whole way as Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart helped open the door for him. Once they got to the bedrooms, Orion laid Helena on her bed, covered her with blankets, and checked her pulse. Normal. She finally surrendered unto sleep. Orion was very thankful that she was alright given what they went through.

He then crawled into the bed with her and fell asleep before his head even hit the pillow. Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart were also relieved that they were safe and sound. As competitive as the fight got, they could both still recognize Orion and Helena as their allies. Derpy then placed the Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon card that she used earlier on the bedside table. With their work done, the pegasus and buffalo left Orion and Helena to finally sleep in peace.

PreviousChapters Next