• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Hurricane Flim-Flam

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 117: Blizzard Horns - Tundragon

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 1900 DEF: 1600 Attribute: WATER Type: Dragon

2 Level 4 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. You can detach one Xyz Material from this card to target one player on the field. That player draws until they have 5 cards in their hand. For each Monster Card drawn by this effect, inflict 500 damage to the targeted player. For each Trap Card drawn by this effect, inflict 400 damage to the targeted player. For each Spell Card drawn by this effect, inflict 300 damage to the targeted player.

Two hours after their duel with Chase and Diana, Rarity woke up from her hospital bed later that afternoon. The first thing she saw was Braeburn on her bedside praying for her wellbeing.

“Brae…” she whispered. Braeburn, relieved hugged her.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“My head is throbbing. I feel like I was just plowed by a train.”

Braeburn was on the verge of tears. “I am so sorry for what happened back there. I should have taken Chase’s face down cards into account. I swear that I’ll never let-”

He was stopped by Rarity’s hoof on his mouth. “You don’t need to apologize to me,” she said. “You were splendid the way you dueled. I couldn’t have asked for more.”

Braeburn hugged her again, but this time felt a twinge of burning pain where Chase had kicked him.

“Oh, Braeburn,” she said examining the bruise. “What happened?”

“That Chase varmint kicked me when I tried attacking him for hurting you. I thought he near killed you.”

“Braeburn, you should be careful around them.”

“Yeah, I learned my lesson now.”

“What shall we do then?”

“Well thankfully, none of my bones are broken, and the doctor’s said we could mosey on out of her once you woke up.”

“How did we even get here?”

“Alex, Eli, and a couple of your friends carried us to the hospital. I woke up when we got there, and I just told them to mind themselves and continue dueling. If we want to try and stop those pesky Vegas guys, we should probably get on out of here.”

“Right,” said Rarity getting down. Her head still throbbed.

“I’ll ask the nurse for some painkillers,” said Braeburn. He ran out of the room until he was forced into a walk because of his hurting side.

____________________________________

Maddie and Charley were doing exceptionally well against the many competitors, even without their Numbers. Even with Charley’s ruthless behavior during duels, she reserved herself just enough to restrict herself from using Numbers on ponies who didn’t have any (unless of course they asked). Their induction in the finals seemed all but a certainty.

After dueling and defeating a couple of unicorn ponies, Maddie and Charley headed off to Sweet Apple Acres to find Applejack and Big Macintosh. However, upon approaching the field of apple trees that surrounded the farm, they heard a strange noise behind them. It was the sound of a large vehicle approaching. Soon, it came up over a hill. It resembled an old, red car from the 1920’s, but was much larger and made of wood. Also, there was a lot of complex machinery running throughout it and many barrels packed into the back. Another notable feature was that there was a large cowcatcher on the front of it. Two identical unicorn ponies sat on a sofa on the front of the machine, using their magic to move it. Upon climbing the hill, they saw the two humans midway to the bottom, forcing them to stop about a few inches from where Maddie and Charley stood.

“Well,” said Flim in his vaudevillian voice, “what do we have here?”

“I do believe these are another set of adversaries Mr. Ace told use to battle,” answered Flam.

“Wait, I know you two,” called Charley. “You’re those two ponies who ambushed our friends and tried to take their Numbers!”

“Guilty as charged,” Flim chimed with a tip of the hat.

“You’re damn right, you’re guilty,” said Maddie.

Before she could rush them, Flim roped her arm with a blue rope-like spell. Flam did the same to Charley.

“Now, now,” chided Flim. “No need for violence. You see, we have a bone to pick with some, how do you say, competition of ours from the past. But if you’re really this excited to duel someone, we’ll gladly make you our new competition.”

____________________________________

“Ughh, what in tarnation?” asked Applejack hearing the commotion outside.

She was busy cleaning the dishes from a huge supper when she heard the noise of Flim and Flam’s vehicle. She looked out of the kitchen window to see Flim and Flam rope Maddie and Charley in with their magic.

“Woah nelly!” she gasped recognizing it.

She quickly cleaned her last plate and ran out the front door. Big Macintosh happened to be standing next to the staircase as she was running out of the house with her duel disk on her wrist.

“Come on, Big Mac,” she called. “Our friends are in trouble.”

“Eeyup,” answered Big Macintosh nervously, also getting his duel disk.

____________________________________

“…we’ll gladly make you our new competition.”

“Maddie! Charley!” called Applejack.

Applejack and Big Macintosh stopped about ten feet away from their friends to keep their distance, for she knew a duel would happen.

“Oh boy,” said Flam. “If it isn’t our old friend Applejack. It seems oh so long ago when we defeated you in that cider making competition.”

“You didn’t win a gosh darn thing,” yelled Applejack.

“No one would stomach your filthy mulch-water and they rightfully drove you out of town, ya charlatans!”

Maddie turned to Charley. “Ha. They got told,” she giggled.

“Silence,” yelled Flam. He then addressed Applejack and Big Macintosh. “Your friends were gracious enough to offer themselves as tribute, and now we’re going to beat them. And then we’re going to beat you.”

“Nnope,” scoffed Big Macintosh.

“You seem to have a lot of confidence in those bipedal creatures,” said Flim. “But you forget: we’re the masters of confidence games. I mean, we are con men after all!”

Flim and Flam then unsheathed their duel disks as they laughed. Maddie and Charley unsheathed theirs. The four duelists drew five cards.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Flim and Flam vs. Maddie and Charley

Flim’s Turn: Flim summons Cloudian – Poison Cloud (ATK: 0 DEF: 1000).

Flim places 3 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie summons Defender of the Ice Barrier in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 1600). Next, with its effect, Maddie special summons Prior of the Ice Barrier from her hand, as she controls an Ice Barrier monster (ATK: 1000 DEF: 400).

Maddie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“After losing, not by a lot, mind you, to your strange white and green friends, we’ve learned some things,” claimed Flam.

“Ready brother?” Flim responded with a nod.

____________________________________

Flam’s Turn: Flam summons Cloudian – Cirrostratus (ATK: 900 DEF: 0). When this card is summoned, a fog counter is placed on it for every Cloudian monster on the field (FgC.: 0 -> 2). Flim then activates the continuous trap Natural Disaster. Flam activates Double Summon, summoning Cloudian – Smoke Ball (ATK: 200 DEF: 400). Flam then activates Fog Control, tributing Cloudian – Smoke Ball to place 3 Fog counters on a face up monster, choosing Cloudian – Cirrostratus (FgC.: 2 -> 5).

Flam then activates Cloudian – Cirrostratus’ effect, removing 2 Fog counters from it to destroy 1 monster on the field. He activates this effect twice, destroying both Defender of the Ice Barrier and Prior of the Ice Barrier. With Natural Disaster’s effect, 500 points of damage is inflicted onto the opponent for each monster destroyed and sent to the graveyard by a Cloudian monster’s effect (2).

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7000

Flam ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

When the damage hit, Maddie and Charley were forced backwards. Thankfully, Applejack and Big Macintosh were there to intercept them before they fell.

“Y’all ‘right, sugar?” asked Applejack who caught Maddie.

“Yeah, we’re good,” said Charley uncharacteristically.

I almost forgot, thought Charley. These guys almost beat Orion and Helena. That means I have to be extra careful.

____________________________________

Charley’s Turn: Charley summons Gishki Shadow (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1000). Next, Charley activates Gishki Aquamirror, using Gishki Shadow’s effect to be used as the entire tribute to ritual summon Evigishki Levianima (ATK: 2700 DEF: 2000). Charley attacks Cloudian – Cirrostratus with Evigishki Levianima. When Evigishki Levianima declares an attack, Charley draws one card. It is not a Gishki monster, so its effect cannot activate. Flim activates Shift, switching the attack target to Cloudian – Poison Cloud. Flim then activates Hallowed Life Barrier, discarding one card to negate all battle damage. When Cloudian – Poison Cloud is destroyed by battle, the monster that destroyed it is destroyed and 800 points of damage are inflicted.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 7000 -> 6200

Natural Disaster’s effect activates again.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 6200 -> 5700

Charley places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-5700 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“New rule:” grunted Charley after the attack, “Don’t let up, ever.”

“Why you would do something that stupid is beyond me,” said Flim. “In fact, keep that up. It will make your defeat so much easier.”

____________________________________

Flim’s Turn: Flim activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, he special summons Cloudian – Storm Dragon from his hand by removing a Cloudian monster in his graveyard from play (ATK: 1000 DEF: 0). Flim then summons Cloudian – Altus (ATK: 1300 DEF: 0). When Cloudian – Altus is normal summoned, a Fog counter is placed on it for every Cloudian monster on the field (FgC.: 0 -> 3). Next, Flim activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Cloudian – Poison Cloud from his graveyard. Flim activates Cloudian – Altus’ effect, removing 3 Fog counters from it to randomly discard one card in her opponent’s hand, choosing Charley. Flim overlays Cloudian – Altus, Cloudian – Cirrostratus, and Cloudian – Storm Dragon to xyz summon Number 10: Illumiknight (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2400). Flim attacks Maddie and Charley directly, but Charley activates Waboku, negating the battle damage. Flim activates Number 10: Illumiknight’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Flim can discard one card from his hand to draw one card.

Flim places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie activates Soul Exchange, tributing one monster on the opponent’s side of the field (Number 10: Illumiknight) to summon Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). When summoned, an Ice Coffin token is summoned to Flim’s side of the field (ATK: 1000 DEF: 0). Next, Maddie activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Cloudian – Nimbusman from Flim’s graveyard (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Maddie overlays Cloudian – Nimbusman and Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier to xyz summon Number 19: Freezerdon in defense position (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2500). Because of Soul Exchange, Maddie cannot conduct her battle phase.

Maddie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Don’t think I’m a pushover now,” said Maddie. “It might just be YOUR undoing.”

“The only thing that will be undid, Ms., is your life points as they teeter to 0.”

____________________________________

Flam’s Turn: Flam summons Cloudian – Turbulence (ATK: 800 DEF: 0). When Cloudian – Turbulence is normal summoned, a Fog counter is placed on it for each Cloudian monster on the field (FgC.: 0 -> 2). Flam activates Cloudian – Turbulence’s effect to remove a Fog counter from it to special summon a Cloudian – Smoke Ball from his deck. He activates this effect twice. Flam overlays both Cloudian – Smoke Balls to xyz summon Number 102: Tinker Mathmatica in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 0). Flam overlays Cloudian – Turbulence and Cloudian – Poison Cloud to xyz summon Number 117: Blizzard Horns - Tundragon (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1600). Flam activates Number 117: Blizzard Horns - Tundragon’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can have his one player draw cards until they have 5 in their hand. For every monster card drawn, 500 points of damage is inflicted. For every trap card drawn, 400 points of damage are inflicted. For every spell card drawn, 300 points of damage is inflicted. Charley draws 2 monsters and a spell.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 5700 -> 4400

Flam activates the same effect with Maddie. She draws 2 monsters, 2 spells, and a trap.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 4400 -> 2400

Next, Flam activates Number 102: Tinker Mathmatica’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can increase a monster’s ATK by its DEF, choosing Number 117: Blizzard Horns - Tundragon (ATK: 1900 -> 3500). Flam then activates Stop Defense, switching Number 19: Freezerdon into attack position. Flam attacks Number 19: Freezerdon with Number 117: Blizzard Horns - Tundragon.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 2400 -> 900

Flam places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Remember when I said I wasn’t going to let up anymore?” coldly asked Charley to Flim and Flam, who seemed more amused than nervous about her threats. “Here’s me keeping my promise.”

____________________________________

Charley’s Turn: Charley summons Gishki Beast (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). When Gishki Beast is normal summoned, Charley can special summon a Gishki monster from her graveyard, choosing Gishki Shadow. Next, Charley activates her Double Summon, summoning Gishki Emilia (ATK: 1600 DEF: 800). When Gishki Emilia is normal summoned, the effects of trap cards on the field are negated until the end phase. Charley overlays Gishki Beast, Gishki Emilia, and Gishki Shadow to xyz summon Number 32: Shark Drake (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100).

Charley attacks Number 102: Tinker Mathmatica. Charley then activates Number 32: Shark Drake’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, the monster that Number 32: Shark Drake destroyed is special summoned in attack position from the graveyard and has its ATK reduced by 1000 (ATK: 200 -> 0). Furthermore, Number 32: Shark Drake can attack it again.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5200

Charley places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Such a powerful monster,” commented Flim.

Maddie gave Charley a slight nod, giving their conformations that would try to lock the Flim-Flam Brothers down.

“But as long as I have the ATK,” chortled Flim, “we’re invincible.”

____________________________________

Flim’s Turn: Charley activates her trap Crevice Into the Different Dimension, declaring an attribute (WATER) and banishing 2 monsters each from each team’s graveyard (Charley removes her Evigishki Levianima and Defender of the Ice Barrier, plus Flim and Flam’s Cloudian – Cirrostratus and Cloudian – Poison Cloud). Flim activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning Cloudian – Eye of the Typhoon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 1000).

Next, he equips it with Big Bang Shot, increasing its ATK by 400 (ATK: 3000 -> 3400). Flim attacks Number 32: Marine Biting Dragon – Shark Drake. With Cloudian – Eye of the Storm’s effect, when it declares an attack, the battle positions of all monsters are switched. Maddie then activates Oh F!sh!, adding one of her banished Aqua, Sea Serpent, or Fish monsters to her deck to negate the activation of a monster’s effect and destroy it.

Flim ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5200 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Come on, Maddie,” cheered Applejack. “We know you can do it!”

“Eeyup,” agreed Big Macintosh with a bit more vigor in his voice. Maddie had all the support that she needed in the world.

“Spare me,” said Flam, bitter.

“Bite me,” yelled Maddie before letting Flam finish his thought.

“As long as I have the support of my good friends to cheer me on, my chances for winning will always be higher.”

____________________________________

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie activates Brain Control, gaining control of Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon by paying 800 life points.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 900 -> 100

Next, she summons Geomancer of the Ice Barrier (ATK: 800 DEF: 1200). Maddie then activates Creature Swap, switching control of her Geomancer of the Ice Barrier with Charley’s Number 32: Shark Drake. Then she activates Gift of the Martyr, sending Geomancer of the Ice Barrier to the graveyard to have Number 32: Shark Drake gain ATK equal to Geomancer of the Ice Barrier’s ATK (ATK: 2800 -> 3600). Maddie attacks Flim and Flam directly with Number 32: Shark Drake. Flam attempts to activate Mirror Force, but Charley activates Joint Future, discarding one card to negate the activation of Mirror Force and return it to the deck. The attack goes through.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 5200 -> 1600

Maddie then attacks directly with Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 1600 -> 0

Maddie and Charley win.

____________________________________

Applejack and Big Macintosh ran to Maddie and Charley, hugging them in congratulations. When they finished, Maddie took a look at the new Number that she took with her Brain Control card.

“I think this Number suits me better,” said Maddie as she slipped it into her deck.

“Impossible,” groaned Flim. He then directed his attention at Maddie. “You will give me that Number back. Give it to me!”

“She will do no such thing!” called a nearby voice.

From the trees, two creatures jumped and landed behind Flim and Flam. Everyone knew who they were, especially because of the commotion that they made after their first duel with Lucas and Pinkie Pie. It was none other than Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart.

“She earned that Number fair and square,” said Derpy, her voice normal and cold. “Now it’s our turn to earn our Numbers fair and square.”

“Like you’d be able to,” spat Flam. “We are trained by the Vegas Bureau themselves. We could crush you like the bugs that crawl in your deck.”

“Yes, you could beat us,” said Little Strongheart. “But we won’t let you.”

“Fine, if you’re that set on losing, we’ll gladly oblige to your wishes.”

“Just what I hoped for.”

The four duelists unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they yelled.

PreviousChapters Next