• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: A Pair of Broken Hearts

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex

Xyz Monster Rank: 7 ATK: 3500 DEF: 3000 Attribute: FIRE Type: Dinosaur

3 Level 7 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Numbers" monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Target one monster your opponent controls. This card's effect becomes the effect of the targeted monster until the End Phase.

Sammy and Spike’s perfect win record continued to go unabated. They, like their other friends had easily defeated Flim and Flam and they showed their worth to Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart. It seemed that the only people who could possibly stand in their way was the Vegas Bureau. Sammy was one that the band could easily call a “regular party animal.” She was used to staying up late and waking up early, making the conditions of the competition very moot to her. Spike was this way too. Being Twilight’s assistant, he would normally stay up until late hours with Twilight and her studies and would wake up early to do the same thing all over again. These two were made for this kind of competition.

After fun duel with Twilight Sparkle and Zecora, Sammy and Spike ventured out of the Everfree Forest to make their way back to Ponyville, content with their perfect scores. However, there were two duelists stalking them that wanted a final duel with them. As the two hopped from the trees in front of them, Sammy could still make them out despite it being pitch dark. It was Ryan and Mark.

“What do you want,” asked Sammy disdainfully.

“It is around 11:45,” said Mark showing clock on his D-Pad tablet. “The competition will be over in fifteen minutes, and we have just enough time to make one more duel! What do you say?”

“Are you kidding?” butted Spike. “I heard about what you guys did to Rarity and her partner. If you think I’m going to let you get away with this after that, you’ve got another thing coming.”

“Oh dear,” said Mark. “You don’t know do you?”

“Know what?”

“A little birdie told me that you have a bit of a crush on that white mare.” Spike gulped in embarrassment. “Well you can stop that, because she has already found her mate.”

He then showed a video of Rarity and Braeburn kissing away from the Ponyville school that morning. Spike was shocked and heartbroken.

“No, this can’t be,” said Spike with tears welling.

“Please, a dragon and a unicorn? How would that ever work out, you little fool?”

Spike was seething with fury now. He launched a short but powerful green fire breath at Mark, who dodged it and roped Spike with his duel anchor. Mark whipped the anchor and pulled Spike to the ground.

“Spike!” yelled Sammy, running to him.

Ryan then used his anchor to snare Sammy.

“Now I guess we have no choice but to duel you,” she said scornfully.

Sammy and Spike activated something on their tablets, because seconds later two lights were racing from Ponyville to their current location. After a few seconds, Sammy’s red D-Wheel and Spike’s purple duel-board parked themselves next to their respective owners. Sammy’s D-Wheel was modeled after a Harley-Davidson Seventy-Two. Spike’s duel-board was skateboard like in appearance but had much more technical features for faster speeds.

“I see,” said Mark.

He transformed his D-Pad tablet into his Audi R8 GT, and Ryan turned his into his Dodge Challenger. Sammy had never seen this before, and she was shocked to say the least. Spike was still too angry about Rarity’s relationship with Braeburn to care.

“Okay then,” said Mark. “Who’s up first?”

“I’ll go,” said Spike raising his hand.

“Ryan,” said Mark signaling Ryan to start the duel with Spike.

“Yes sir,” he responded, getting into his car.

Spike and Ryan were the first duelists for the riding relay match. Spike and Ryan activated Speed World 2, causing the area around them to be enveloped in a holographic aura. The countdown began.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4.

Ryan looked at Spike, who still had a face of pure hatred as he waited to go.

3. 2. 1.

*BEEP*

Ryan easily took off ahead of Spike, taking the lead by a mile. Spike was able to catch up, and Ryan and Spike drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Ryan and Mark vs. Spike and Sammy

Round 1: Ryan vs. Spike

Ryan’s Turn: R:1 S:0 Ryan summons one monster face down.

Ryan places 4 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-4

Spike’s Turn: R:1 S:1 Spike summons Jurrac Guaiba (ATK: 1700 DEF: 400). Spike attacks Ryan’s face down card, which was an Alien Grey (ATK: 300 DEF: 800). When Alien Grey is flip summoned, an A-Counter is placed on an opponent’s monster, choosing Jurrac Guaiba (A-C.: 0 -> 1). First, Ryan activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster he controls was destroyed. Then, Ryan activates Alien Brain, allowing Ryan to take control of a monster which attacked and destroyed a Reptile-type monster he controlled, choosing Jurrac Guaiba. When Jurrac Guaiba destroys a monster by battle, Spike can special summon a Jurrac monster with 1700 or less ATK from his deck, choosing Jurrac Dino (ATK: 1700 DEF: 800).

Spike places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Listen,” said Ryan to Spike through a camera recording that appeared on the screen of Spike’s D-Pad, “I know that you must have loved that mare, but you can’t keep her away from someone she truly loves all because of a schoolboy crush of yours.”

“Shut up!” yelled Spike. “You have no idea what I’m going through.”

Ryan knew exactly what he was going through.

____________________________________

Ryan remembered high school, and he had a large crush on the sweetheart of the school. Having mustered the courage to ask her to prom during their senior year, she accepted after her previous date had unforeseen engagements. The night of, they really got to know each other… all too well. About 1 month later, she called Ryan and told her she was pregnant.

Despite only going as friends to the prom, Ryan saw this as the opportune moment to finally be with the woman he thought he loved. After even after Joel stood by her to help with the baby, whom he named Joel, she left him, knowing that he wasn’t right for her. Years later, she invited him to attend her wedding. After seeing how happy she was with this other man, he finally let her go…. until the accident happened. While Ryan loved Joel as a son, Ryan also saw Joel as his only reminder of his time with her, and now that he stood a chance to lose him, he would lose her in the process.

____________________________________

Ryan was now fuming with rage at bringing his terrible memories back to him like that.

“You selfish piece of shit!” grunted Ryan at Spike.

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: R:2 S:2 Ryan activates the speed spell Overboost, giving him 4 speed counters (SpC.: 2 -> 6). Next, he activates the effect of Alien Skull from his hand, tributing Spike’s Jurrac Dino to special summon it to Spike’s side of the field (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1800). When special summoned this way, it gains and A-Counter (A-C.: 0 -> 1), and Ryan cannot normal summon this turn. Ryan activates Summon Speeder, special summoning a level 4 or lower monster from his hand, choosing Alien Infiltrator (ATK: 800 DEF: 500). Ryan then special summons Alien Overlord from his hand by removing 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field, (Jurrac Guaiba and Alien Skull) (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1600).

Ryan then activates his trap Crop Circles, sending a number of monsters that he controls to the graveyard to special summon an Alien monster from his deck with a level equal to the combined levels of the sent monsters, sending Jurrac Guaiba and Alien Infiltrator to special summon Alien Mother (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1500). Ryan activates Alien Overlord’s effect to place an A-Counter on every monster Spike controls (A-C.: 0 -> 1). Ryan overlays Alien Mother and Alien Overlord to xyz summon Number 149: Alien Tentacles (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2900). Ryan activates Number 149: Alien Tentacles’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can destroy one monster and inflict damage to equal its DEF plus an extra 300 for ever A-Counter on it, choosing Alien Skull.

Spike’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1900

Ryan cannot conduct his battle phase when he activates this effect. Ryan activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 6 -> 2), he can inflict 800 points of damage to Spike for every speed spell in his hand. He has 1.

Spike’s Life Points: 1900 -> 1100

Ryan ends his turn. Due to Overboost’s effect, Ryan’s speed counters go back to 1 (SpC.: 2 -> 1).

Status: Hand-2 Life-1900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Ohoho,” giggled Spike with an angry calm in his laugh. “You will certainly pay for that.”

____________________________________

Spike’s Turn: R:2 S:3 Spike summons Evoltile Casinerio (ATK: 1600 DEF: 400). Spike then activates his trap Give and Take, special summoning a monster from his graveyard to his opponent’s side of the field in defense position, choosing Jurrac Guaiba. Also, Spike increases the level of one of his monsters by the level of the special summoned monster, choosing Evoltile Casinerio (Lvl.: 3 -> 7). Spike attacks Jurrac Guaiba with Evoltile Casinerio. When Evoltile Casinerio destroys a monster by battle, Spike can special summon 2 level 6 or lower FIRE Dinosaur-type monsters with the same name from his deck, choosing Evolsaur Darwinos (ATK: 2200 DEF: 700).

When Evolsaur Darwinos is special summoned by an Evoltile monster, he can increase 1 face up monster’s level by up to two, choosing the other Evolsaur Darwinos (Lvl.: 5 -> 7). Spike does the exact same thing with the other Evolsaur Darwinos (Lvl.: 5 -> 7). Spike overlays Evoltile Casinerio and the 2 Evolsaur Darwinos’ to xyz summon Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex (ATK: 3500 DEF: 3000). Spike activates Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material, Spike can have Number 103's effect become the effect of an opponent's monster until the end phase, choosing Number 149: Alien Tentacles. Spike detaches an xyz material from Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex to destroy Number 149: Alien Tentacles and inflicting damage equal to the monster DEF.

Ryan’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1100

Spike then activates the speed spell Speed Storm inflicting 1000 points of damage towards Ryan.

Ryan’s Life Points: 1100 -> 100

Spike places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-1100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Spike’s face was contorted with an evil grin at seeing the pain he caused his enemy. He didn’t even notice that he started growing larger in size, much like when he was afflicted with terrible greed one time. As he drove by Sammy and Mark on the sidelines, he saw something that really broke his heart: Rarity and Braeburn standing next to Sammy. Rarity’s hoof was over her mouth in horror as Braeburn had his neck slung over the back or Rarity’s, comforting her. Spike was filled with all different emotions, and he started to well up.

“She really cares for you,” said Ryan through the camera. “She doesn’t want to see her friend turn into a monster because of her.”

“But...” Spike said, choking up, “I love her.”

“If you really love her, then you need to let her go.”

Spike was indeed convinced that Rarity loved him as a friend, but he wasn’t the kind of friend she needed to love. Braeburn was fit to fill a role that he knew deep down that he never could. As hard as it was, he finally accepted their relationship, and he reverted back to his normal size. He was no longer upset or angry. All that existed in his mind now was to help Sammy win this duel.

“By the way,” said Spike. “It’s your move.”

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: R:3 S:4 Ryan summons Alien Shocktrooper in defense position (ATK: 1900 DEF: 800). Next, he activates Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 149: Alien Tentacles from his graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn to Number 149: Alien Tentacles as xyz material. Ryan activates Number 149: Alien Tentacles’ effect, detaching 1 xyz material to destroy an opponent’s monster and inflict damage equal to the monster’s DEF, choosing Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex. Spike activates Damage Polarizer, negating the effect and having both players draw a card.

Ryan places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Spike’s Turn: R:4 S:5 Spike summons one monster face down. Next, Spike attacks Number 149: Alien Tentacles with Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex.

Ryan’s Life Points: 100 -> 0

Spike wins the round.

Status: Hand-2 Life-1100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Mark will switch with Ryan, who will pass Alien Shocktrooper and his two face down cards on to him.

____________________________________

Ryan went to switch with Mark as Spike came around again. Sammy, Braeburn, and Rarity cheered. Rarity even blew Spike a kiss. Spike simply nodded at her with a smile on her face and continued down the circuit. Mark was ready as he buckled in, punched the accelerator, and chased after Spike. Upon catching up, he began his turn.

____________________________________

Round 2: Mark vs. Spike

Mark’s Turn: M:4 S:5 Mark activates Trap Stun, negating the activation of trap cards until the end phase. Mark then summons T.G. Cyber Magician (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). When Mark controls a T.G. monster, he can special summon T.G. Gear Zombie from his hand (ATK: 600 DEF: 0). Mark tunes Alien Shocktrooper and T.G. Gear Zombie to synchro summon T.G. Hyper Librarian (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1800).

Mark then activates the effect of T.G. Cyber Magician, using cards in his hand as the non-tuner synchro material. Mark tunes T.G. Catapult Dragon and T.G. Metal Skeleton from his hand with T.G. Cyber Magician to synchro summon T.G. Power Gladiator (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1000). With T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect, every time a synchro monster is summoned, Mark draws 1 card. Mark places 2 cards face down. Next, he attacks Spike’s face down card with T.G. Power Gladiator, which is a Jurrac Monoloph (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1200. With T.G. Power Gladiator’s effect, it can inflict piercing damage.

Spike’s Life Points: 1100 -> 0

Mark wins the round.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-3

Sammy will switch with Spike, who will pass Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex and his face down card on to her.

____________________________________

Spike dismounted his duel board and handed his cards to Sammy. She put her helmet on and sped off.

“Spike!” called Rarity, who ran over and hugged him. “You were magnificent!”

“Awesome job, Spike!” said Braeburn without a hint of taunting in his voice, patting Spike on the back.

Spike simply slipped out of her hug.

“Spike?” she asked.

“I know,” said Spike. “I heard about you and Braeburn.”

Braeburn tried to explain, knowing he’d be the one that Spike would hate.

“Listen Spike, me and her-”

“No, it’s okay. I understand completely. I could tell by the way you were comforting Rarity when I turned into a monster that you really care for her. It’s just…” He was through holding back his tears at this point. “Rarity, I’m so sorry. I went to a place that I thought I would never go back. I’m sorry for disapproving your relationship, I’m sorry for almost turning into a monster again. If you could just find it in your heart to forgive me…”

Rarity happily hugged Spike again to comfort him, tears flowing from her face as well. “Oh, of course I forgive you Spikey-Wikey!”

Spike also returned the hug, nestling himself into Rarity’s soft arms. He then pulled Braeburn into the hug as well.

“Welcome to the herd,” he said.

Braeburn was amused at the pun Spike made about his farmer’s upbringing.

“Hehehe,” he giggled. “He’s funny.”

He then fully joined the group hug, their relationship fully mended. Sammy caught up with Mark at last.

“This is for the pain you put my friends through,” said Sammy.

____________________________________

Final Round: Sammy vs. Mark

Sammy’s Turn: M:5 S:6 Sammy activates Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex’s effect, detaching 1 xyz material from it to have Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex's effect become the effect of an opponent's monster until the end phase, choosing T.G. Hyper Librarian. Sammy then summons Neo Flamvell Shaman (ATK: 1700 DEF: 200).Next, she activates her Summon Speeder speed spell, special summoning Flamvell Magician (ATK: 1400 DEF: 200). Sammy tunes Neo Flamvell Shaman with Flamvell Magician to synchro summon Ancient Flamvell Deity (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200).

With Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex and T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect, Sammy and Mark draw 1 card. Sammy then activates the speed spell Dead Synchron, synchro summoning a synchro monster by removing the appropriate materials from play, banishing Neo Flamvell Shaman and Flamvell Magician to synchro summon Laval Stannon (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800). Sammy and Mark draw 1 card. Sammy must discard 1 card due to Laval Stannon’s effect. Sammy overlays Ancient Flamvell Deity and Laval Stannon to xyz summon Lavell Hydra (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Sammy activates Lavell Hydra’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from this card, she can negate a monster’s effect and halve its ATK, choosing T.G. Power Gladiator (ATK: 2300 -> 1150). Sammy attacks T.G. Power Gladiator with Lavell Hydra.

Mark’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2150

When T.G. Power Gladiator is destroyed, Mark can draw one card. Sammy then attacks Mark T.G. Hyper Librarian with Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex, but Mark activates Safe Zone, preventing T.G. Hyper Librarian’s destruction by battle. Damage is still applied.

Mark’s Life Points: 2150 -> 1050

Sammy activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 6 -> 2), Sammy can inflict 800 points of damage for each speed spell in her hand. She has 1.

Mark’s Life Points: 1050 -> 250

Sammy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Mark’s Turn: M:6 S:3 Mark special summons another T.G. Gear Zombie from his hand with its effect. Then, when a level 4 or lower monster is special summoned, Mark can special summon T.G. Warwolf from his hand (ATK: 1200 DEF: 0). Mark then normal summons T.G. Drill Fish (ATK: 100 DEF: 800). Mark tunes T.G. Warwolf and T.G. Drill Fish with T.G. Gear Zombie to synchro summon T.G. Wonder Magician. Mark draws 1 card due to T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect. When T.G. Wonder Magician is special summoned, Mark can destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field, choosing one of Sammy’s face down cards.

Mark then activates his trap Call of the Haunted, special summoning T.G. Power Gladiator from his graveyard. Mark overlays T.G. Power Gladiator, T.G. Wonder Magician, and T.G. Hyper Librarian to xyz summon Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky (ATK: 2000 DEF: 3500). Mark activates Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky’s effect. By detaching 2 xyz materials from this card, Mark can destroy 1 monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s ATK, choosing Number 103: Pterosaurus Rex.

Sammy’s Life Points: 4000 -> 500

Mark then activates his Dead Synchron speed spell, banishing T.G. Power Gladiator and T.G. Wonder Magician to accel synchro summon T.G. Blade Blaster (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2200). Mark attacks Lavell Hydra with T.G. Blade Buster. Sammy attempts to activate Draining Shield, but Mark activates Solemn Judgment, halving his life points to negate the activation of Draining Shield and destroy it.

Mark’s Life Points: 250 -> 125

The attack goes through.

Sammy’s Life Points: 500 -> 200

Mark attacks Sammy directly with Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky, but Sammy activates The High Priestess’ Staff from her hand, negating the attack, ending the battle phase, and inflicting 500 points of damage.

Mark’s Life Points: 125 -> 0

Sammy wins the round.

Spike and Sammy win the match.


When Mark and Sammy got back to the starting line, Sammy coolly took off her helmet as she was met with praise and cheers from Spike, Rarity and Braeburn. Mark got out of his car as Ryan and Mark morphed their cars into their D-Pad tablets. Rarity and Braeburn turned to Mark and Ryan in a defensive pose, prepared to face them. Mark then displayed the time on his D-Pad: 11:55. There was no more time for another duel.

“We’ll see you in the finals,” said Mark.

They then disappeared behind the thick brush of the Everfree Forest.

“Yeah,” whispered Braeburn. “I guess we will.”

PreviousChapters Next