• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37: Old Times

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Fairy

2 Level 4 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Numbers" monster. If you have no cards in your hand: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and draw 5 cards from your Deck.

With just three more duels until the fated battle with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, pressure and excitement was at an all-time high.

“Fillies and gentlecolts,” began the announcer. “Eight teams entered, but only four remain. This is the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Tournament Semi-Finals!”

The crowd cheered as Alex and Eli awaited to face their rivals, and their friends, Orion and Helena. Alex couldn't hide his nervousness.

“You alright?” asked Eli.

Alex responded. “Yeah, it’s just I haven’t dueled Orion in a state like he’s in. He’s an incredibly powerful opponent.”

“I bet.”

“Be on you’re A-Game, because once Orion is, there’s no stopping him.”

“Got it.”

“And now, to start off the semi-finals, lets welcome back Alex and Eli!”

Alex and Eli jogged out to the crowd, eager to begin the next match.

“Next, let’s bring back the other contestents, Orion and Helena.”

Orion and Helena were a bit more humble, briskly walking to where Alex and Eli stood. Orion then suddenly had a flashback.

____________________________________

A young ralts walked through the tall grass until he came across a young boy wearing glasses.

“Wow, look at this Pokémon!” said the young boy. “Treecko, I choose you!”

____________________________________

Orion slipped back into reality. Suddenly he was in front of Alex and Eli who gave him strange looks.

“Orion?” asked Alex.

Orion gave his answer. “I can’t remember the last time I felt this invigorated to fight someone since the day we first met.”

Alex remembered that day fondly.

“Yeah, me too.”

The four-spaced spinner appeared in the sky, the light in one of the spaces spinning about it rapidly. The light finally landed on the space marked SD. Standard Doubles.

“Looks like we have another standard doubles match ahead of us, folks! Good luck to both teams!”

All four competitors stepped back to allow each other some room. Alex activated the duel disk on his arm while Eli turned his sword into his duel disk blade, which attached to his gauntlet. Orion turned his wand into his duel disk, while Helena’s gauntlet appeared and turned into its duel disk. As Alex drew five cards from his deck along with everyone else, he remembered throwing his treecko’s pokéball to commence in his very first pokémon battle with his future best friend. Surely, this would be a very nostalgic match.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Alex and Eli vs. Orion and Helena

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Hieratic Seal of Supremacy, special summoning a Hieratic monster from his hand, choosing Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400). Alex then tributes Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb to summon Hieratic Dragon of Eset (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200). When Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb is tributed, Alex can special summon a Hieratic normal monster from his deck, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (ATK: 0 DEF: 0).

Alex then activates the effect of Hieratic Dragon of Eset. Once per turn, Alex can have all Hieratic monsters on the field become the same level as a Dragon-type normal monster he controls, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (Lvl.: 5 -> 8). Alex overlays Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord and Hieratic Dragon of Eset to xyz summon Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2400).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000). When Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki is normal summoned, Orion can special summon a level 4 or lower Six Samurai monster from his hand, choosing The Six Samurai – Zanji (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1300). When Orion controls a Six Samurai monster, he can special summon Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan from his hand (ATK: 1800 DEF: 500). Orion overlays Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan and The Six Samurai – Zanji to xyz summon Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000).

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Eli’s Turn: Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Urnight (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Once per turn, Eli can reveal an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand to special summon a level 4 or lower Koa’ki Meiru monster from his deck, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Ice (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200). Eli activates Koa’ki Meiru Ice’s effect, discarding 1 card to destroy a special summoned monster on the field, choosing Number 39: Utopia, but Orion activates Utopian Aura, detaching an xyz material from Number 39: Utopia to prevent its destruction by a card effect. Eli overlays Koa’ki Meiru Ice and Koa’ki Meiru Urnight to xyz summon Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200).

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Helena’s Turn: Helena special summons Photon Thrasher, as she controls no monsters (ATK: 2100 DEF: 0). Helena then tributes Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki and Photon Thrasher to summon Photon Wyvern (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). When Photon Wyvern is normal summoned, all set cards the opponent controls are destroyed. Helena then activates Photon Lead, special summoning a level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from her hand, choosing Photon Crusher (ATK: 2000 DEF: 0). Helena tributes Photon Wyvern and Photon Crusher to special summon Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500).

Helena attacks Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis. Helena then activates Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s effect. When it battles a monster, Helena can remove it and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon from play. At the end of the battle phase, both monsters are special summoned back to the field. If the monster Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon battled was an xyz monster, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon gains 500 ATK for each xyz material that was attached to the card when it was removed from play (2) (ATK: 3000 -> 4000).

Helena ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“It looks like we all had our ace monsters out on the first turn,” said Helena. “Not yet I haven’t,” said Alex.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Pot of Greed drawing 2 cards. Alex activates Ancient Rules, special summoning a level 5 or higher normal monster from his hand, choosing another Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord. Alex then summons Dragunity Javelin (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Alex tunes Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord with Dragunity Javelin to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Alex equips Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Dragon Treasure, increasing Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s ATK by 300 (ATK: 3200 -> 3500). Alex attacks Number 39: Utopia. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 39: Utopia isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7000

Alex attacks Number 39: Utopia with Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 7000 -> 6500

For every 1000 points of damage Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts through battle at the end of the battle phase, Alex draws one card (1).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

If I want to have any chance of beating Alex, thought Orion, I better block out any chance for them to try and beat me. With the right draw, I can easily do that.

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Six Samurai United. Orion summons another Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki. When a Six Samurai monster is summoned, Orion can place 1 Bushido counter on it (BuC.: 0 -> 1). When Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki is normal summoned, Orion can special summon a Six Samurai monster from his hand, choosing Kagemusha of the Six Samurai (ATK: 400 DEF: 1800) (BuC.: 1 -> 2). Orion sends Six Samurai United to the graveyard to draw a card from his deck for every Bushido counter on it (2).

Orion then special summons Great Shogun Shien from his hand, as he controls 2 Six Samurai monsters (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2400). Orion tunes Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki with Kagemusha of the Six Samurai to synchro summon Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1400). Orion then activates the spell Overlay Regenerate, attaching itself as an xyz material to Number 39: Utopia.

Orion ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6500 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Eli,” called Alex.

“Yes, cap-i-tan?” said Eli in a stereotypical Spanish accent.

“Be careful about those monsters.”

“Which ones?”

“…Good point.”

“Don’t you worry.” Eli then pointed at Orion. “Momma’s gonna make all your nightmares come true.”

“Great album,” said Alex, understanding the reference.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli special summons Koa’ki Meiru Maximus from his hand by removing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand from play (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Eli activates Koa’ki Meiru Maximus’ effect. Once per turn, Eli can destroy one card on the field, choosing Number 39: Utopia. Eli attacks Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En with Koa’ki Meiru Maximus.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 6500 -> 6000

Eli then attacks Great Shogun Shien with Number 164: Crystalline Chimera.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 6000 -> 5800

Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Prototype in defense position (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1800).

During the end phase, Eli must discard an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand, discard a Koa’ki Meiru monster in his hand, or destroy Koa’ki Meiru Maximus. Eli destroys Koa’ki Meiru Maximus. When a Koa’ki Meiru monster is destroyed during the end phase, Eli can special summon a Koa’ki Meiru token in defense position (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1800).

Eli ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Alex was very surprised over how well the duel was turning out for them. Orion seemed to have even his best strategies blocked by Eli. But something still didn’t sit right with Alex. Orion would have done some damage by now.

“Something tells me that we’ve calm of the storm has officially ended,” said Alex.

“Ditto,” replied Eli.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena activates the continuous spell Temple of the Kings, allowing her to activate trap cards from her hand. Helena then activates Photon Sanctuary, special summoning 2 level 4 Photon tokens (ATK: 2000 DEF: 0). Helena overlays the two Photon tokens to xyz summon Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800). Helena activates Number 115: Nebula Carina’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it when she has 0 cards in her hand, she can draw 5 cards.

Helena activates Xyz Soul from her hand, having all monsters she controls gain ATK equal to the rank of an xyz monster in either player’s graveyard, choosing Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 4000 -> 4800) (ATK: 2300 -> 3100). Also, the targeted xyz monster is sent to the extra deck. Next, Helena activates Burning Strike from her hand, giving Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina the effect of piercing damage. Then, Helena activates Double Attack, discarding Moisture Creature to allow Galaxy-Eyes Photon to attack twice this turn. Helena attacks Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6200

Alex activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster he controls was destroyed. Helena then attacks Number 164: Crystalline Chimera with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Helena then activates Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s effect, remove the monster it battles and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon from play. Helena then attacks Koa’ki Meiru Prototype with Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 6200 -> 4900

At the end of the battle phase, both Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and the monster it battled are special summoned back to the field. If the monster Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon battled was an xyz monster, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon gains 500 ATK for each xyz material that was attached to the card when it was removed from play (2) (ATK: 4800 -> 5800). Helena places 1 card face down. Helena activates Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina’s effect again, detaching 1 xyz material to draw 5 cards when she has 0 cards in her hand. Helena summons 1 monster face down.

Helena places 1 card face down and ends her turn. All of her monsters’ ATK return to normal (ATK: 5800 -> 5000) (ATK: 3100 -> 2300).

Status: Hand-3 Life-5800 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

And just like that, 3100 life points were taken from Alex and Eli.

“Orion,” called Helena through telepathy.

“Helena?”

“I’ve got a plan. For now, we hope that Alex attacks my face down monster, and then we play it by ear from there.”

“Gotcha.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Aklys (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). When Dragunity Aklys is normal summoned, Alex can special summon a Winged Beast-type Dragunity monster from his hand and equip Dragunity Aklys to it, choosing Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). With Dragunity Militum’s effect, Alex can special summon a Dragunity monster from the spell/trap card zone, choosing Dragunity Aklys. Alex tunes Eli’s Koa’ki Meiru token and Dragunity Militum with Dragunity Aklys to synchro summon Vergil, the Griffin Warlock (ATK: 2800 DEF: 3200).

Alex attacks Helena’s face down monster with Nero, the Dragon Warlord, but Helena activates Attack Invulnerability, choosing its second effect to take no battle damage during the battle phase. The face down monster was a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, each player discards their hand and draws 5 cards from their decks. Alex activates the effect of Vergil, the Griffin Warlock. By paying 1000 life points, Alex can set a spell or trap card from his graveyard in his spell and trap zone.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 4900 -> 3900

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Alright,” said Eli. “Now we’re packing!”

“Hang on,” said Alex.

“Now they’re packing too. What they’re going to do now though, I have no idea.”

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-5800 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

What’s this? asked Alex to himself. What does Orion plan to do with that? Either Orion has given up, or something big is about to happen. Knowing Orion, it’s likely to be the latter.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Eli activates Urgent Synthesis, sending an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru from his graveyard to his deck to special summon a Koa’ki Meiru monster from his graveyard, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Ice. Helena activates Safe Zone, preventing Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon from being destroyed by battle or card effects. Eli tributes Koa’ki Meiru Ice to summon Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2200).

Eli activates Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord’s effect. When it’s normal summoned, Eli can remove a Koa’ki Meiru monster from play to destroy up to two cards his opponent controls, but Orion activates Divine Wrath, discarding 1 card to negate the activation of a monster’s effect and destroys it, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord. Eli attacks Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina with Number 164: Crystalline Chimera.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 5800 -> 5400

Eli places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Ha!” laughed Eli. “Now I took down your Number.”

“A paltry loss,” said Helena. “Now the real damage begins.”

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena places 1 card face down. Helena then activates her trap card Swift Loan from her hand, having her opponents gain 2000 life points until the end phase.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 3900 -> 5900

Next, she summons another Photon Crusher. Helena then equips Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon with Megamorph, doubling its original ATK (ATK: 5000 -> 8000). Next, she activates Gift of the Martyr, sending Photon Crusher to the graveyard to increase Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s ATK by Photon Thrasher’s ATK (ATK: 8000 -> 10000). Helena attacks Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Alex activates Magic Cylinder, negating the attack and inflicting damage equal to the attacking monster’s ATK, but Helena activates Damage Diet, halving the damage that she receives this turn.

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 5400 -> 400

Helena places 1 card face down and ends her turn. Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 10000 -> 8000).

Status: Hand-0 Life-400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Alex felt sick. For one, Alex knew of certain but seemingly unnoticeable twitches that he would make when he summoned specific kind of cards. Orion and Helena must have read enough on him to know that he was going to try and use Magic Cylinder this whole time. Second, this intricately laced strategy resulted in them being under 1000 life points. Alex knew full well what this meant, and he wouldn’t let Orion do it by his next turn.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Dragon’s Gunfire, inflicting 800 points of damage when he controls a Dragon-type monster, but Helena activates Barrel Behind the Door, inflicting the damage onto Alex and Eli instead.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 3900 -> 3100

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-3100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Shit,” cursed Alex. “Brace yourself, Eli.”

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Trap Stun, negating the activation of trap cards until the end phase. Next, Orion summons Legendary Six Samurai – Enishi (ATK: 1700 DEF: 700). Orion then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning The Six Samurai – Zanji from his graveyard. Orion overlays Legendary Six Samurai – Enishi and The Six Samurai – Zanji to xyz summon Number 39: Utopia again. Orion overlays Number 39: Utopia to chaos xyz summon Number C39: Utopia Ray (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000).

Orion activates the effect of Number C39: Utopia Ray. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK raises by 500 while a monster his opponent controls loses 1000 until the end phase. Orion activates this effect 3 times, raising Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK by 1500 and decreasing Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s ATK by 3000 (ATK: 2500 -> 4000) (ATK: 3500 -> 500). Orion attacks Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Number C39: Utopia Ray, but Eli activates his face down Emergency Provision, sending his face down card to the graveyard to increase his life points by 1000 before the attack hits.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 3100 -> 4100

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 4100 -> 600

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

I have all the cards needed to summon Celutera, thought Eli. Now all I need is to draw it.

He drew his final card.

This will do.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates his Monster Reborn, special summoning Moisture Creature from Helena’s graveyard (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2900). Eli then activates Star Changer, increasing the level of Moisture Creature by 1 (Lvl.: 9 -> 10). Eli overlays Moisture Creature, Nero, the Dragon Warlord, and Vergil, the Griffin Warlock to xyz summon Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony (ATK: 4500 DEF: 4500). Orion activates Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Eli can inflict damage equal to the detached xyz material monster’s ATK (Nero, the Dragon Warlord).

Orion and Helena’s Life Points: 400 -> 0

Alex and Eli win.


Orion felt strangely elated as the last bit of damage did him and Helena in. He dropped to the floor as if he was landing on a snowy ground, ready to create a snow angel. Orion’s duel with Alex had ended, and Orion wanted to savor every moment.

“It looks like we have our first finalists,” called the announcer. “Give it up for Alex and Eli!”

The crowd cheered. Alex went over to Orion and helped him up while Eli did the same for Helena.

“I think all things considered,” said Orion, “that even though we lost that duel, it was one of the best ones of my life. Thank you two.”

“Don’t sweat it,” said Eli. “Maybe you and I get a little one-on-one going in the future, what do you say?”

Eli threw a few light, playful punches at Orion’s arm on the last sentence.

“Yeah. Definitely.”

Orion and Helena then made their way to the stands to watch the rest of the tournament with their friends. Alex and Eli decided to stay in the inside of the coliseum, as they would be next after the next duel. Eli was in very good spirits. Eli had trained for forty years for this day; to save the mystical land of Equestria, and he was only one duel away from completing that goal. Alex and Eli saw a few seats by the walls. He saw Scott and Zelda behind one gate and Mark and Ryan behind another. This would certainly be a battle of epic proportions.

PreviousChapters Next