• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Snake Eyes

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 7: Lucky Straight

Xyz Monster Rank: 7 ATK: 700 DEF: 700 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Fairy

3 Level 7 monsters

You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; roll a six-sided die twice, and have this card's ATK become 700 × the higher result until your opponent's next End Phase. If the sum of the results is 7, apply 1 of these effects.
● Send all other cards on the field to the Graveyard.
● Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or either player's Graveyard.
● Draw 3 cards, then discard 2 cards.

Cont. from Twilight Sparkle and Zecora vs. Flim and Flam

Twilight’s Turn: Twilight Sparkle activates her trap Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 7: Lucky Straight and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material (ATK: 700 DEF: 700). Twilight activates Number 7: Lucky Straight’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can roll a die twice. The results are 1 and 6. Number 7: Lucky Straight’s ATK becomes 700 x the highest result until the opponent’s next end phase (6) (ATK: 700 x 6 = 4200). Also, since the sum of the results equals 7, Twilight can choose one of its 3 effects. She chooses the first one, sending all other cards to the graveyard. Twilight attacks Flim and Flam directly.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 4100 -> 0

Twilight Sparkle and Zecora win.

____________________________________

Following Twilight and Zecora’s duel, they headed back to Zecora’s hut for some tea. As the day wore on, the effects of staying up for such an extended period of time was proving to be too much for Twilight and Zecora. This was probably be the hard part of the preliminaries: not only staying up until midnight, but making sure that you could still think clearly and duel well despite your exhaustion. Zecora decided to brew her strongest blend of tea to ensure that they wouldn’t succumb. Once their tea was steeped, the two mares sipped from their cups. Twilight and Zecora suddenly felt new life. Twilight, however, still looked depressed.

“Why so glum, Twilight? Are you not alright?” rhymed Zecora.

“Well, I’m glad we’re doing well in the preliminaries and all,” responded Twilight, “but there’s somepony who I’ve been dying to duel, and I don’t think I’m going to find him now.”

“It’s your friend, Orion, is it not? Like us, he’s busy giving it all that he’s got.”

“How did-?”

“You are not a difficult pony to read, you know. His very presence brightens your heart aglow. But if it’s your friend that you want to find, all you must do is look behind.”

Twilight instinctively looked behind her to see none other than Orion halfway in the entrance to Zecora’s hut with Helena right behind him. Twilight jumped and squealed with joy as she ran towards her friend and gave him a big hug.

“How did you find us?” asked Twilight?

“I had Spike send a letter sometime around 8,” began Zecora, “and told them to come and not be late.”

“I’ll say,” said Twilight, still happy to be by her friend. “Your timing couldn’t have been more perfect.”

“It’s good to see you too, Twilight,” said Helena awkwardly.

“Oh right,” said Twilight, embarrassed.

She gave her a hug too; not nearly as tenderly as she gave Orion, but still tender nonetheless.

“The night is young, the moon’s in bloom,” chanted Zecora, “you have now come to face your doom. You will not defeat us, you fool. Orion and Helena, we challenge you to a duel!”

“Well, that was a tad dramatic,” quipped Helena.

“She likes to do that,” responded Orion.

____________________________________

The four duelists walked outside the hut and spread far apart to face each other.

“Remember,” said Twilight, “no holding back.”

“I wouldn’t give you the satisfaction,” said Orion.

“Good,” said Twilight, smirking.

She and Zecora unsheathed their duel disks while Zecora drew five cards and stepped forward. Orion transformed his wand into his duel disk as he watched Helena take her spot as the first duelist up. Helena’s gauntlet appeared on her arm with the feather wrapped pod on the wrist. A silver arm extended from the gauntlet, catching the pod and causing the feathery zones to unfurl from the duel disk, putting it in its duel disk mode. Twilight had never seen this before and she was undoubtedly surprised. Helena drew five cards from her deck.

“DUEL!” yelled Zecora and Helena.

Helena and Orion vs. Zecora and Twilight Sparkle

Round 1: Helena vs. Zecora

Helena’s Turn: Helena special summons Photon Thrasher, as she controls no monsters (ATK: 2100 DEF: 0). Helena then summons Photon Circle (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Helena overlays Photon Thrasher and Photon Circle to xyz summon Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800).

Helena places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“I hear your dragon is very scary,” said Zecora, “so I should be careful and wary. But I will find, through and through, a method on how to defeat you.”

____________________________________

Zecora’s Turn: Zecora activates the field spell Necrovalley, having the cards in both players graveyard to be unaffected by card effects. Zecora activates then activates Dark World Dealings. Having each player draw 1 card and then discard one. Zecora summons one monster face down.

Zecora places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Such big talk for someone who summons monsters face down,” scolded Helena. “If you want to have any chances of defeating me, you better get on the offensive.”

“You seem to taunt your opponents a lot,” responded Zecora. “If you really think you’re better, then take your best shot.”

“Gladly.”

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena summons Photon Sabre Tiger (ATK: 2000 DEF: 800). When Photon Sabre Tiger is normal summoned, Helena can add another Photon Sabre Tiger from her deck to her hand. If Helena doesn’t control another Photon Sabre Tiger, it loses 800 ATK (ATK: 2000 -> 1200). Helena activates Photon Lead, special summoning a level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from her hand, choosing another Photon Sabre Tiger (ATK: 1200 -> 2000). Helena tributes both Photon Sabre Tigers to special summon Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (AT: 3000 DEF: 2500).

Helena activates Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material when she has no cards in her hand, she can draw 5 cards. Helena attacks Zecora’s face down monster with Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina, which was a Gravekeeper’s Spy (ATK: 1200 DEF: 2000). With Necrovalley’s effect, all Gravekeeper’s monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF (ATK: 1200 -> 1700, DEF: 2000 -> 2500). Gravekeeper’s Spy’s DEF is higher than Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina’s.

Helena’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3800

When Gravekeeper’s Spy is flip summoned, Zecora can special summon 1 Gravekeeper’s monster with 1500 or less ATK from her deck, choosing Gravekeeper’s Cannonholder in defense position (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200) (ATK: 1400 -> 1900, DEF: 1200 -> 1700). Helena attacks Gravekeeper’s Cannonholder with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.

Helena ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“And I thought your dragon was full of power,” said Zecora, “but it seems your strategies have gone sour, as you have taken damage while I’ve taken none, but don’t hold your breath, because there’s more where that came from.”

____________________________________

Zecora’s Turn: Zecora activates the trap Rite of Spirit, special summoning a Gravekeeper’s monster from the graveyard, choosing Gravekeeper’s Visionary (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1800) (ATK: 2000 -> 2500, DEF: 1800 -> 2300). Zecora activates Star Changer, reducing Gravekeeper’s Visionary by 1 (Lvl.: 8 -> 7). Zecora then activates Xyz Plant, having it become a monster with the same level as a monster on her field, choosing Gravekeeper’s Visionary. Zecora overlays Gravekeeper’s Visionary and Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 11: Big Eye (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2000).

Zecora activates Number 11: Big Eye’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Zecora can take control of monster her opponent controls, choosing Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. If Zecora activates this effect, Number 11: Big Eye can’t attack. Zecora switches Gravekeeper’s Spy to attack position. Zecora attacks Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Zecora activates Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon’s effect. When it battle’s a monster, Zecora can remove Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and the monster it battles from play until the end of the battle phase. Zecora attacks Helena directly with Gravekeeper’s Spy.

Helena’s Life Points: 3800 -> 2100

At the end of the battle phase when Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon activates its effect, both it and the monster it battles returns to the field. If the monster Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon was an xyz monster that had xyz material attached to it, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon gains 500 ATK for each xyz material attached to that monster (1) (ATK: 3000 -> 3500).

Zecora places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“You see what you are without your dragon, dear?” said Zecora. “You’re another duelist whose defeat is near. If you wish to survive my fatal blows…”

“Then you should shut up and let me go,” finished Helena, surprising Zecora.

____________________________________

Helena’s Turn: Helena activates Photon Hurricane, sending a number of the opponent’s spell and trap cards to the hand up to the number of cards Helena has in her hand, including Necrovalley (ATK: 1700 -> 1200 DEF: 2500 -> 2000). Next, she summons Photon Lizard (ATK: 900 DEF: 1200). Then she activates Creature Swap, having her switch control of Photon Lizard with a monster that Zecora controls, choosing Number 11: Big Eye. Helena activates Number 11: Big Eye’s effect, detaching 1 xyz material from it to take control of a monster that Zecora controls, choosing Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Helena attacks Gravekeeper’s Spy with Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.

Zecora’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1700

Helena attacks Photon Lizard with Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina.

Zecora’s Life Points: 1700 -> 600

Helena ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-2100 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-2

Zecora’s Turn: Zecora places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-600 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

Helena’s Turn: Helena attacks Zecora directly with Number 115: Nebula Angel Carina.

Zecora’s Life Points: 600 -> 0

Helena wins the round.

Status: Hand-4 Life-2100 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-2

Twilight will switch with Zecora, who will pass her 2 face down cards on to her.

____________________________________

Jeez, thought Helena. I still have more than half of my life points intact. I should let Orion have a turn shortly, especially when it’s with his friend.

____________________________________

Round 2: Twilight Sparkle vs. Helena

Twilight’s Turn: Twilight activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Then she activates her trap Jar of Greed, drawing 1 card. Twilight activates the spell Giant Trunade, sending all spell and trap cards back to the owners’ hands. Next, she activates the spell Final Destiny, discarding 5 cards to destroy all cards on the field. Twilight summons one monster face down.

Twilight places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Helena’s Turn: Helena voluntarily switches with Orion before the draw phase, and will pass nothing on to him.

____________________________________

Perfect timing, thought Helena.

She then walked to Orion and signaled him to take her place.

“What?” he asked, surprised. “But you still have-”

“I know,” interrupted Helena. “I may not have known that mare for as long as you have, but it seems to me you have a strong bond and rivalry with her. You deserve to take her on more than I do.”

Orion was touched by Helena’s generosity. “Okay, I’ll do it,” he said.

He ran out to face Twilight and drew five cards from his deck, plus another for his draw.

____________________________________

Final Round: Orion vs. Twilight Sparkle

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons The Six Samurai – Nisashi (ATK: 1400 DEF: 700). Next, he special summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan from his hand, as he controls a Six Samurai monster (ATK: 1800 DEF: 500). Orion overlays The Six Samurai – Nisashi and Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan to xyz summon Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). Orion attacks Twilight’s face down monster, which was a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, each player discards their entire hand and draws 5 cards.

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“And you’ve gotten better since we last came here, I pray?” asked Orion.

“Oh yes,” said Twilight. “Just you wait and see.”

____________________________________

Twilight’s Turn: Twilight activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Gagaga Girl from her graveyard (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). Next, she activates her face down, Call of the Haunted, special summoning Dark Magician from her graveyard (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100). Then, she normal summons Gagaga Magician (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000). Twilight activates Gagaga Magician’s effect. Once per turn, Twilight can make Gagaga Magician’s level anything between 1 and 8, choosing 7. Twilight then activates Gagaga Girl’s effect. She can target one Gagaga Magician and have Gagaga Girl’s level become the same as it (Lvl.: 3 -> 7). Twilight overlays Gagaga Magician, Gagaga Girl, and Dark Magician to xyz summon Number 7: Lucky Straight (ATK: 700 DEF: 700).

Twilight activates Number 7: Lucky Straight’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from this card, she can roll a die twice and multiply Number 7: Lucky Straight’s ATK by the highest amount. The results are 2 and 3 (ATK: 700 x 3 = 2100). Twilight activates Number 7: Lucky Straight’s effect again. The results are a 3 and a 4 (ATK: 700 x 4 = 2800). Because the two rolls add to 7, Twilight can activate one of its 3 effects. She chooses the second one, special summoning a monster from either players’ graveyards, and she chooses her Dark Magician. Twilight then equips Dark Magician with Bound Wand, increasing its ATK by 100 times its level (100 x 7 = 700, ATK: 2500 -> 3200).

Twilight attacks Number 39: Utopia with Number 7: Lucky Straight, but Orion activates Number 39: Utopia’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can negate an attack. Twilight attacks Number 39: Utopia with Dark Magician. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 39: Utopia isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Orion’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3300

Twilight places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“You really have used my deck well,” said Orion. “I’m glad I chose you as its wielder.”

“Don’t go buttering me up,” chided Twilight. “I’m going to make this duel last as long as it has to.”

“You can certainly try,” whispered Orion.

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Gateway of the Six. Next, he summons The Six Samurai – Yariza (ATK: 1000 DEF: 500). When a Six Samurai monster is summoned, Orion can place 2 Bushido counters on it (BuC.: 0 -> 2). With The Six Samurai – Yariza’s effect, it can attack his opponent directly.

Twilight’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3000

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn. The Six Samurai – Yariza’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 1500 -> 1000). Also, Number 7: Lucky Straight’s ATK returns to normal.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3300 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Twilight’s Turn: Twilight activates Number 7: Lucky Straight’s effect, detaching an xyz material from it and rolling a die twice. The results are 6 and 2. (ATK: 700 x 6 = 4200). Twilight attacks Number 39: Utopia with Number 7: Lucky Straight, but Orion activates Mirror Force, destroying all attack position monsters Twilight controls. When Bound Wand is equipped to a monster when sent to the graveyard, Twilight can special summon that monster from her graveyard. Twilight attacks The Six Samurai – Yariza with Dark Magician.

Orion’s Life Points: 3300 -> 1800

Twilight then activates Xyz Reborn, special summoning an xyz monster from her graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material, choosing Number 7: Lucky Straight. Twilight activates Number 7: Lucky Straight’s effect, detaching an xyz material from it and rolling a die twice. The results are both 6. (ATK: 700 x 6 = 4200).

Twilight places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2500 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Now for a little déjà vu,” said Orion.

____________________________________

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Backs Against the Wall, special summoning as many Six Samurai monsters from his graveyard as possible by reducing his life points to 100, summoning Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan, The Six Samurai – Yariza, and The Six Samurai – Kamon (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000) (BuC.: 2 -> 8).

Orion’s Life Points: 1800 -> 100

Orion activates his spell Six Strike – Triple Impact, destroying all set spell and trap cards that Twilight controls when he controls at least 3 Six Samurai monsters. Orion then removes 6 Bushido counters (8 -> 2) from Gateway of the Six to special summon a Shien effect monster from his graveyard, choosing Great Shogun Shien (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2400). Orion overlays Number 39: Utopia to chaos xyz summon Number C39: Utopia Ray (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000).

Orion activates Number C39: Utopia Ray’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK increases by 500 while a monster his opponent controls loses 1000. Orion activates this effect 2 times, raising Number C39: Utopia Ray’s ATK by 1000 and decreasing Number 7: Lucky Straight’s ATK by 2000 (ATK: 2500 -> 3500) (ATK: 4200 -> 2200). Orion then removes 2 Bushido counters (BuC.: 2 -> 0) from Gateway of the Six to increase Great Shogun Shien’s ATK by 500 until the end phase (ATK: 2500 -> 3000). Orion attacks Number 7: Lucky Straight with Number C39: Utopia Ray.

Twilight’s Life Points: 3000 ->1700

Orion attacks Dark Magician with Great Shogun Shien.

Twilight’s Life Points: 1700 -> 1200

Orion then attacks Twilight directly with The Six Samurai – Kamon.

Twilight’s Life Points: 1200 -> 0

Orion wins the round.

Helena and Orion win the match.


“Aww, I was hoping for that to go on longer,” said Twilight happily.

“Me too,” said Orion.

“So is this goodbye then?” she asked.

Helena took a big yawn.

“You seem to be sleepy, I see,” said Zecora. “Would you care to join us for a cup of tea?”

“Tea sounds great,” said Helena, still weary from lack of sleep.

“Well come inside, my bipedal guests, for a cup of tea to cease your rest.”

“Do you have any of ‘your blend’ by chance?” asked Twilight to Orion.

Orion took a cylindrical tin from his backpack and shook it, revealing the sound of dried leaves and berries. Twilight clapped her hooves happily as the door behind them shut.

PreviousChapters Next