• Published 26th May 2017
  • 682 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 682

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: Cloudy Night

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 181: Pachyderm Boulder - Stone Elephant

Xyz Monster Rank: 6 ATK: 2900 DEF: 2200 Attribute: EARTH Type: Beast

2 Level 6 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy one Xyz Monster your opponent controls and inflict damage equal to the ATK or DEF of the destroyed monster, whichever is higher. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie were sitting at the Ponyville Park looking dismayed. They hadn’t been winning very much at all and they knew it would lead to them being left out of the finals. Pinkie Pie sighed heavily.

“I know it’s difficult Pinkie Pie, I really want to win more too.”

“Win more?” asked Pinkie Pie, confused. “I’m just disappointed that that last chapter was so short.”

“What chapter? Like one of those Daring Do books?”

“No silly, the last chapter of the… never mind. Anyways, I’m not sad at all that we’re losing. I’m just happy to be here with you!” She said this while hugging Lucas, making him smile a little. “I know we won’t make it to that big fancy tournament, but I’m going to support my friends in any way that I can. Whether it’s dueling on the field, or cheering in the stands, I’m going to be there every step of the way.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, Pinkie. It’s just that I’ve never lost this many times before in a tournament. It gets disheartening after a while.”

“I can understand that.”

“Well, we have about an hour left. Might as well have fun at this point, right?”

“That’s the spirit! Onward!”

They wandered the park looking for more opponents when they heard a scream come from the northern end. They saw two pegasi being dueled into submission by two ponies they had been warned about before: Flim and Flam.

____________________________________

Cont. from Flim and Flam vs. Thunderlane and Silverspeed

Cont. from Silverspeed’s Turn: Silverspeed places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Flim’s Turn: Flim activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Silverspeed’s face down card. Next, he activates the effect of Number 34: Terror-Byte (ATK: 0 DEF: 2900). By detaching one xyz material from it, Flim can take control of a face-up attack-position level 4 or lower monster that his opponent controls, choosing Thunderlane’s Mist Valley Falcon (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1200). Flam activates Final Attack Orders, switching all monsters on the field into attack position. Flim returns his face down spell/trap card to attack Silverspeed’s Mist Valley Baby Roc (ATK: 400 DEF: 600).

Thunderlane and Silverwind’s Life Points: 700 -> 0

Flim and Flam win.


With the power of their Numbers, Flim and Flam easily overpowered their opponents. The last attack had sent Thunderlane and Silverspeed flying into a tree that was behind them. Lucas went over to the two pegasi to see if they were alright.

“Hey, that’s no fair,” screamed Pinkie Pie at the two. “They don’t have any Numbers!”

“Oh, look here brother,” said Flam to Flim. “If it isn’t Applejack’s favorite customer, Pinkamena.”

Lucas called two nearby earth ponies to tend to the two pegs.

“The mare looks to have a broken right wing, and the black stallion has a sprain in his back left ankle.”

Lucas loaded the two pegasi on the backs of the ponies as they carried them off.

“Thanks, Lucas!” called Thunderlane. “I love your band!”

Lucas gave a slight smile and salute before they were out of sight. Suddenly, Lucas felt a tug at his wrist, and saw a glowing ropey strand wrapped around his wrist and held by Flim’s horn. Lucas looked to Pinkie Pie and saw that she was snared too, but she took the situation a little less seriously, jump roping with Flam’s anchor. Flam decided to end her fun by forcefully yanking his anchor and taking Pinkie along with it, but she decided to act like a jet skier instead.

“Stop this,” yelled Flam. “You’re supposed to feel threaten.”

“How can I feel threatened when I’m having so much fun?” she giggled.

Flam had lost his patience and decided to send a large bolt of electricity through the anchor, shocking her.

“Pinkie!” yelled Lucas in concern.

Fortunately for Pinkie Pie, she looked at her mane which now stood up on end from the shock, causing her to laugh harder. She touched Lucas with her hoof, giving him a large static shock. Lucas’ hair also stood up a little as a result, bringing Pinkie Pie into hysterics, causing Lucas to laugh a little too. Perhaps starting the duel now would end this nonsense.

“Duel, brother?” asked Flim to Flam.

“Duel,” he responded.

Flim and Flam vs. Lucas and Pinkie Pie

Flim’s Turn: Flim activates Summon Cloud, allowing him to special summon a level 4 or lower Cloudian monster from his hand or graveyard, choosing Cloudian – Poison Cloud in defense position (ATK: 0 DEF: 1000). Next, he normal summons another Cloudian – Poison Cloud in defense position.

Flim places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Pinkie took a small breath from her laughing and looked at Flim’s two monsters.

“Hey, what’s going on?” she asked still giggling. “Are we dueling or something?”

“Glad you finally decided to get with the program,” said Flam.

“Ooh goodie! I love dueling.”

Don’t worry Pinkie, thought Lucas. I’ll help you out a bit.

____________________________________

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons 1 monster face down. Next, he activates Double Summon, summoning Gladiator Beast Laquari (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400).

Lucas places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Let’s hope these bozos don’t do anything to screw this combo up, thought Lucas.

____________________________________

Flam’s Turn: Flam summons Cloudian – Acid Cloud (ATK: 500 DEF: 0). When Cloudian – Acid Cloud is normal summoned, Fog counters are placed on it for each Cloudian monster on the field (3) (FoC.: 0 -> 3). Flam activates Cloudian – Acid Cloud’s effect. By removing 2 Fog Counters from itself (FoC.: 3 -> 1), Flam can destroy a spell or trap card, choosing Lucas’ face down card. Next, he activates the spell Star Changer, lowering Cloudian – Acid Cloud’s level by 1 (Lvl.: 4 -> 3). Flam overlays Cloudian – Acid Cloud and the 2 Cloudian – Poison Clouds to xyz summon Number 34: Terror-Byte in defense position (ATK: 0 DEF: 2900).

Flam places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Pinkie Pie activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Then, Pinkie Pie activates Worm Call. When her opponent controls a monster while she doesn’t she can special summon a Worm monster from her hand face down. Next, she normal summons Worm Dimikles (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1400). Pinkie Pie then activates Book of Taiyou, flipping a face down monster on the field into face up attack position, choosing Lucas’ face down monster, which was a Gladiator Beast Hoplomus (ATK: 700 DEF: 2100). Pinkie Pie overlays Worm Dimikles, Gladiator Beast Hoplomus, and Gladiator Beast Laquari to xyz summon Number 155: Gator Striker (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2500).

Pinkie Pie equips Number 155: Gator Striker with Big Bang Shot, increasing Number 155: Gator Striker’s ATK by 400 and giving it the effect of piercing damage (ATK: 2600 -> 3000). Pinkie Pie attacks Number 34: Terror-Byte, but Flam activates Magic Cylinder, negating the attack and inflicting damage equal to the monster’s ATK.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5000

Next, Flam activates Meteor Flare, inflicting 2000 points of damage to Lucas and Pinkie by discarding 2 cards when his opponent’s life points are higher than 3000.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 5000 -> 3000

Pinkie Pie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-3000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Pinkie was suddenly done being the happy-go-lucky mare that she usually was. After causing so much damage to herself and her friend, combined with the contempt she was feeling at Flim and Flam for happily hurting them. She hoped they would do something like that again, because now, she would be ready. Suddenly, her hoof fell asleep.

“Do you seriously think we’ll be done in like that?” asked Lucas.

“Oh come now,” said Flim. “You have 5000 life points less than us…”

“And I’ve heard what Orion, Helena, Maddie, and Charley can do in a pinch like that.”

“We won’t make that mistake again.”

____________________________________

Flim’s Turn: Flim activates the effect of Summon Cloud, special summoning Cloudian – Acid Cloud from the graveyard. Because Summon Cloud’s effect was used to special summon a Cloudian monster from the graveyard, it’s destroyed. Next, Flim normal summons Cloudian – Cirrostratus (ATK: 900 DEF: 0). When Cloudian – Cirrostratus is normal summoned, Fog counters are placed on it for each Cloudian monster on the field (2) (FoC.: 0 -> 2). Flim activates Cloudian – Cirrostratus’ effect. By removing 2 Fog Counters from itself (FoC.: 2 -> 0), Flim can destroy a monster on the field, choosing Number 155: Gator Striker. Because Number 155: Gator Striker was equipped with Big Bang Shot, it’s removed from play.

Flim overlays Cloudian – Cirrostratus with Cloudian – Acid Cloud to xyz summon Number 142: Wildfire Basilisk (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1500). Flim attacks Pinkie Pie’s face down monster, which is a Worm Noble (ATK: 1500 DEF: 2400). Number 142: Wildfire Basilisk’s ATK is equal to Worm Noble’s DEF, so no battle damage is inflicted. When an opponent’s monster’s attack flip summons Worm Noble, damage is inflicted to the opponent equal to half of the attacking monster’s ATK.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6800

Flim activates Number 142: Wildfire Basilisk’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it when he takes battle or effect damage, he can inflict damage to his opponent equal to twice the amount he took.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 3000 -> 600

Flim ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-6800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Pinkie Pie hopped over to Lucas and whispered in his ear. After about 20 seconds, it seemed whatever plan they formulated was about to unfold.

____________________________________

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Gladiator Beast Hoplomus from his graveyard. Next, he summons Gladiator Beast Bestiari (ATK: 1500 DEF: 800). Lucas sends Gladiator Beast Hoplomus and Gladiator Beast Bestiari to the deck to fusion summon Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1500). When Gladiator Beast Gyzarus is special summoned, Lucas can destroy up to 2 cards his opponent controls, choosing Flim’s face down card and Flams’ face down card. Lucas then overlays Gladiator Beast Gyzarus with Worm Noble to xyz summon Number 181: Pachydermal Boulder – Stone Elephant (ATK: 2900 DEF: 2200). Lucas activates Number 181: Pachydermal Boulder – Stone Elephant’s effect. He can destroy one xyz monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s ATK or DEF, whichever is higher, and he chooses Number 34: Terror-Byte.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 6800 -> 3900

Flim activates Number 142: Wildfire Basilisk’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it when he takes battle or effect damage, he can inflict damage to his opponent equal to twice the amount he took, but Pinkie Pie activates Spell of Pain, redirecting the damage towards Flim and Flam.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 3900 -> 0

Lucas and Pinkie Pie win.


Lucas and Pinkie Pie ran from the park before their opponents could recover from that last onslaught. They were just outside the theater when Lucas started talking to Pinkie Pie.

“Pinkie,” he began to ask. “How did you know not to activate your Spell of Pain the first time Flim activated his Number’s effect?”

“It’s my Pinkie Sense,” she giddily responded.

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a Pinkie Sense that allows you to activate cards at the proper times.”

“Well, my hoof started tingling, and you know what that means.”

“Actually, I do-”

“It means that I need to be patient; wait a little longer to do something before I do it. And my good ol’ Pinkie Sense failed to fail me. Come to think about it, how can something fail to fail? And for that matter, why would something want to be good at failing?”

“I think I got the idea, Pinkie.”

“Okie dokey… lo…”

Her words were cut off by her swooning as she fell to the floor. Lucas couldn’t help but be worried it was something that Flim and Flam did during the duel, but then he heard Pinkie’s quaint snoring, relieving Lucas with the fact that she had just fallen asleep, finally having succumbed to being awake and dueling for over 23 hours.

“I guess there is a limit to Pinkie’s energy,” said Lucas to himself.

He gently picked Pinkie Pie up and just as gently slung her over her shoulder and carried her to Sugarcube Corner. Her parental figures Mr. and Mrs. Cake were still awake, having expected Pinkie Pie to come home at midnight when the competition was over.

“Evening, Cakes,” greeted Lucas.

“Lucas!” said Mr. Cake in surprise.

“What happened to Pinkie Pie?”

“Nothing,” said Lucas. “She’s just tuckered from a long day with virtually no rest, and I’m just putting her to bed.”

“Oh, bless your heart,” said Mrs. Cake. “Please do be quiet. The babies are asleep.”

“Okay,” whispered Lucas on his way up the stairs.

He was able to make a free hand to open Pinkie Pie’s bedroom door. He then used his free hand to pull off Pinkie’s covers. He gingerly laid Pinkie Pie on her bed as she instinctively nuzzled into her pillow. Lucas then put the sheets over Pinkie’s body and tucked her in. Pinkie looked so peaceful as she slept. Lucas wasn’t even upset anymore that they were as good as knocked from the tournament, but he’s glad that she was able to keep Pinkie Pie safe. He stroked her face with the backs of his fingers.

Whatever it was, much like how Pinkie can bring out the best of anybody with her bright and sunny attitude, she seemed to be able to have the same effect when sleeping, for after a couple of minutes of kneeling by Pinkie’s bedside, he sat down with his back leaning on the bed, lowered his head and nodded off to sleep. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were also seeing how their children were doing, and they saw Lucas sleeping at the foot of Pinkie’s bed. Lucas was no stranger to the Cakes and would have no issue letting one of Pinkie’s friends spend the night.

“I’ll get some blankets,” said Mr. Cake, rushing to the closet.

PreviousChapters Next