• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: The Vengeful Queen

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 166: Preying Steel - Katana Mantis

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500 Attribute: EARTH Type: Insect

2 Level 4 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. Once during the Battle Phase, you can detach 1 Xyz Material to raise this card's ATK by 1000. At the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, decrease this card's ATK by 2000.

Lucas, Maddie, Zelda and Pinkie Pie, slid through the strange portal they were sucked into until they were sliding out of a doorway and into a room that looked exactly like the one where Sammy, Eli, and Orion dueled Discord. Once all three people and pony had stopped, Pinkie Pie just giggled.

“Let’s go again!” she chanted. “Let’s go again!”

“I don’t think we’re going to have enough time,” said Zelda.

“In fact, I’m sure of it,” said a voice at the end of the hall.

Maddie, Lucas, Zelda and Pinkie Pie looked up to notice Diana standing at the end of the room with a large, blank slab of the stone that Applejack was frozen in. Diana also wore a gold necklace with a black balloon shaped gem at its center: the corrupted version of the Element of Laughter.

“Hey!” shouted Pinkie Pie. “That’s mine!”

“Not anymore it’s not,” said Diana.

She then reached out towards Pinkie Pie despite being about a hundred feet from her and made a grabbing movement with her hands. As Diana pulled her hand Pinkie Pie went flying across the room, prompting her friends to give chase. Diana then used her newfound powers to “toss” Pinkie into the stone slab, causing her to be frozen into it like Applejack. Once the humans were close enough, three circles of blue enveloped around them, trapping them just like Sammy, Eli, and Orion.

“Now that that’s settled, I can’t let you pass, especially with your Numbers. Those rings will take all Numbers you control and give them to me. The only way to make it through these doors and save your friend is to defeat me in a duel. I can’t let you defeat me.”

“Well, we’re going to,” said Zelda activating the duel disk she stole from Mark.

Maddie and Lucas unsheathed their duel disks.

“To think,” said Diana. “That I will have the honor of seeing Lamss’ final performance.”

She activated her duel disk. Everyone drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they yelled.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda vs. Diana

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie activates Magic Circle of the Ice Barrier, revealing 3 Ice Barrier monsters in her hand and special summoning 1 of them, choosing General Grunard of the Ice Barrier (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1000). Maddie normal summons Samurai of the Ice Barrier (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1500). With General Grunard of the Ice Barrier’s effect, Maddie can normal summon again this turn, summoning Strategist of the Ice Barrier (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1600). Once per turn, Maddie can discard 1 Ice Barrier monster to draw 1 card. Maddie overlays Samurai of the Ice Barrier and Strategist of the Ice Barrier to xyz summon Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1600).

Maddie activates Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can target 1 player (herself), and make that person draw cards until they have five in their hand. For every monster card drawn, 500 points of damage is inflicted. For every trap card drawn, 400 points of damage are inflicted. For every spell card drawn, 300 points of damage is inflicted. Maddie draws a trap and two monsters.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda’s Life Points: 12000 -> 10600

Maddie places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-10600 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“If you think you can defeat me by dwindling your own life points,” said Diana. “Then just give up now. But then again, that would take all of the satisfaction of destroying you all.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field. Then, Diana activates the field spell Amazoness Village. Next, she summons Amazoness Swords Woman (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1600). With Amazoness Village’s effect, all Amazoness monsters gain 200 (ATK: 1500 -> 1700). Diana equips Amazoness Swords Woman with Amazoness Heirloom. Diana attacks General Gantala of the Ice Barrier with Amazoness Swords Woman. With Amazoness Heirloom’s effect, Amazoness Swords Woman isn’t destroyed by battle once per turn. With Amazoness Swords Woman’s effect, all battle damage that she would receive in battles involving it are inflicted to her opponent instead.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda’s Life Points: 10600 -> 9500

When a monster equipped with Amazoness Heirloom attacks, the monster it battled is destroyed.

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-12000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1


“I won’t let Pinkie down,” said Lucas.


Lucas’ Turn: Lucas activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Lucas summons Gladiator Beast Dimacari (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200). Lucas special summons Test Tiger, as he controls a Gladiator Beast monster (ATK: 600 DEF: 300). Lucas activates the effect of Test Tiger, tributing it to send one Gladiator Beast monster he controls to the deck and special summon another Gladiator Beast monster from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Murmillo (ATK: 800 DEF: 400).

With Test Tiger’s effect, this special summoning is treated as if it was summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster. When Gladiator Beast Murmillo is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Lucas can destroy one monster on the field, choosing Amazoness Swords Woman. Diana activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster of hers is destroyed. Diana activates Amazoness Village’s effect. If an Amazoness monster is destroyed, Diana can special summon an Amazoness monster from her deck with a level equal to or lower than the destroyed monster, choosing Amazoness Paladin (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300) (ATK: 1700 -> 1900).

Lucas places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-9500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“How about a little surprise?” asked Diana.

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Amazoness Sage (ATK: 1400 DEF: 700). Diana overlays Amazoness Sage with Amazoness Paladin to xyz summon Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Diana attacks Gladiator Beast Murmillo with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Diana activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, it gains 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 2000 -> 3000). Lucas activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing his monsters destruction. Battle damage is still applied.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda’s Life Points: 9500 -> 7300

Lucas activates Gladiator Beast Murmillo’s effect. When it’s attacked, Lucas can return Gladiator Beast Murmillo to the deck and special summon a Gladiator Beast monster from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Bestiari (ATK: 1500 DEF: 800). When Gladiator Beast Bestiari is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Lucas can destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field, choosing Diana’s face down card.

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn. During the end phase that Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect was used, it loses 2000 ATK (ATK: 3000 -> 1000).

Status: Hand-3 Life-12000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“That’s Chase’s Number,” said Zelda. “Why do you have it?”

“Chase has the power of his Chronomaly Numbers now,” she said. “His ace monster is now all mine.”

“Nothing I haven’t seen before.”

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: Zelda activates Pot of Greed drawing 2 cards. Next, Zelda summons Blackwing – Kochi the Daybreak (ATK: 700 DEF: 1500). Zelda then special summons Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). Next, Zelda special summons Blackwing – Gladius the Midnight Sun, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 800 DEF: 1500). Zelda then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Test Tiger from Lucas’ graveyard. Zelda then activates Delta Crow – Anti Reverse from her hand, as she controls exactly 3 Blackwing monsters. All face down spell and trap cards Diana controls are destroyed.

Zelda activates Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind’s effect. Once per turn, she can halve the ATK of one monster her opponent controls, choosing Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 1000 -> 500). Zelda tunes Gladiator Beast Bestiari with Blackwing – Kochi the Daybreak to synchro summon Black-Winged Dragon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1600). Zelda overlays Test Tiger, Blackwing – Gladius the Midnight Sun, and Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind to xyz summon Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300). Zelda attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit. Diana activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect, detaching an xyz material from it to have it gain 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 500 -> 1500).

Diana’s Life Points: 1200 -> 11300

Zelda attacks Diana directly with Black-Winged Dragon.

Diana’s Life Points: 11300 -> 8500

Zelda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-7300 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Every hit from you is another reminder of my failures,” said Diana, seething.

“Cry me a river, bitch,” said Zelda.

“The only rivers that will be made are the ones made from the blood I spill from you.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Amazoness Archer (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). Then, she activates Double Summon, summoning Amazoness Trainee (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Diana overlays Amazoness Archer and Amazoness Trainee to xyz summon Number 123: Serpentine Wings (ATK: 1900 DEF: 2000). Diana equips Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Axe of Despair, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 1900 -> 2900). Diana activates Number 123: Serpentine Wings’ effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, the activation of all spell, trap, and monster effects on the field are negated when this card attacks. Diana attacks Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon with Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda’s Life Points: 7300 -> 6300

Diana ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Maddie knew that Zelda was their ace in the hole, and she needed all of the support she could get. Plus, she thought of a way to use her dragon’s effect to its full potential.

____________________________________

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie activates Reload, sending all cards in her hand to the deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the amount she sent to her deck. Maddie activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon from her graveyard. Then, she activates Overlay Regenerate, attaching itself as an xyz material to Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon.

Maddie activates Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon’s effect, targeting 1 player (Zelda) and having them draw cards until they have 5 in their hand. For every monster card drawn, 500 points of damage is inflicted. For every trap card drawn, 400 points of damage are inflicted. For every spell card drawn, 300 points of damage is inflicted. Zelda draws 3 monster cards and a spell card. Whenever Zelda would take damage from a card effect, a Black Counter is placed on it. Zelda takes damage/places a Black Feather counter on it for each card she drew (FeC.: 0 -> 4). Black-Winged Dragon loses 700 ATK for each Black Feather counter placed on it (4 x 700 = 2800, ATK: 2800 -> 0).

Maddie then activates Space Cyclone, detaching an xyz material from Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Maddie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6300 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Zelda was at first confused as to why Maddie would drain her monster’s ATK to 0 like that, but she realized that she had taken away the crux of Diana’s ace Number’s power. As long as she could keep her dragon and their life points intact, they could win this duel yet. Zelda nodded at Maddie, who nodded right back.

“As if I’ll let you use that monster’s effect,” said Diana.

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana attacks Black-Winged Dragon with Number 123: Serpentine Wings, but Zelda activates Invincible Hero, negating her monster’s destruction. Battle damage is still applied.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda’s Life Points: 6300 -> 3400

Diana places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1


Massive damage, thought Zelda, but we’re still alive. Lucas, don’t let me down.


Lucas’ Turn: Lucas activates Gladiator Beast’s Respite, sending 2 Gladiator Beast cards from his hand to the deck and draws 3 cards. Lucas tributes Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon to summon Gladiator Beast Alexander (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600). Next, Lucas activates Xyz Plant, becoming a token with the same level as a monster he controls. Lucas overlays Gladiator Beast Alexander with Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 181: Pachydermal Boulder – Stone Elephant (ATK: 2900 DEF: 2200). Lucas activates Number 181: Pachydermal Boulder – Stone Elephant’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can destroy an xyz monster and inflict damage equal to the monster’s ATK or DEF, whichever is higher, choosing Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Diana’s Life Points: 8500 -> 5600

Lucas cannot conduct his battle phase the turn he activates that effect.

Lucas places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“One more turn and you’re done,” said Diana.

“You’re right,” said Zelda. “One more turn for you, and then you’re done.”

“As if.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Amazoness Fighter (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Diana then activates Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis from the graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material. Diana attacks Black-Feather Dragon with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Diana activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect, detaching an xyz material from it to have it gain 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 2000 -> 3000). Lucas activates Dimension Trap, removing from play a monster he controls (Number 181: Pachydermal Boulder – Stone Elephant ) to have Dimension Trap’s effect become the same effect as a trap card in his graveyard, choosing Attack Invulnerability, preventing Black-Feather Dragon’s destruction by battle this turn. Battle damage is still applied.

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda’s Life Points: 3400 -> 400

Diana attacks Black-Winged Dragon with Amazoness Fighter, but Lucas activates Waboku, negating Black-Winged Dragon’s destruction and reducing all battle damage to 0.

Diana ends her turn. During the end phase that Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect was used, it loses 2000 ATK (ATK: 3000 -> 1000).

Status: Hand-0 Life-5600 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Why would you wait for that?” yelled Diana at Lucas. “You could have saved your friend right there, now her life points are below 1000-”

Zelda smiled as Diana’s face realized what she had done for her.

“Oh no.”

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: Zelda activates Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can normal summon without tributes. Zelda summons Blackwing – Kogarashi the Wanderer (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1600). Zelda activates her Double Summon, summoning Blackwing – Jetstream the Blue Sky (ATK: 100 DEF: 800). Zelda tunes Blackwing – Jetstream the Blue Sky with Blackwing – Kogarashi the Wanderer to synchro summon Blackwing Armor Master (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1500).

When Blackwing – Kogarashi the Wanderer is used as synchro material, Zelda’s opponent cannot activate cards or effects. Zelda then removes all Black Feather counters from Black-Winged Dragon (FeC.: 4 -> 0) (ATK: 0 -> 2800). Zelda then lowers an opponent’s monster’s ATK by 700 for each Black-Feather counter on it and inflicts damage equal to the ATK lost by this effect, choosing Amazoness Fighter (ATK: 1500 -> 0).

Diana’s Life Points: 5600 -> 4100

Zelda then overlays Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit to chaos xyz summon Number C199: New Moon Wolf (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300). Zelda activates Number C199: New Moon Wolf’s effect. Once per turn, by detaching 2 xyz materials from it, Zelda can target a monster in her extra deck, send it to the graveyard, and increase Number C199: New Moon Wolf’s ATK by level/rank of the sent monster times 200. Zelda sends Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant to the graveyard (8 x 200 = 1600, ATK: 2200 -> 3800). If the monster sent by this effect was DARK, Zelda can target 1 other monster on the field and make its ATK 0, choosing Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 1000 -> 0).

Zelda attacks Amazoness Fighter with Blackwing Armor Master. With Amazoness Fighter’s effect, Diana takes no battle damage with that card. However, because of Blackwing – Kogarashi the Wanderer’s effect, Diana can’t activate Amazoness Village’s effect. Zelda attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Number C199: New Moon Wolf.

Diana’s Life Points: 4100 -> 300

Zelda attacks Diana directly with Black-Winged Dragon.

Diana’s Life Points: 300 -> 0

Maddie, Lucas, and Zelda win.


The attack sent Diana flying into the wall, where the now restored element of laughter unhooked from her neck. Diana crumpled to the floor unconscious. The light from the Element of Laughter freed Pinkie from her prison, and ran to Zelda and Lucas for comforting hugs.

“Are you alright,” asked Zelda.

“Am I alright?” asked Pinkie Pie. “I should be asking ­you that. You look like you danced too hard and hit your head on the wall.”

Zelda couldn’t help but laugh at her non-sequitur, mostly because she knew that she was safe. The door behind Diana opened, allowing Zelda, Lucas, Maddie, and Pinkie Pie (who wore her element) to pass through.

PreviousChapters Next