• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: New Allies

The members of Lamss was checking the entire town square and seeing if everything was alright following the massive ball of light colliding with the earth. Strangely, the town was unharmed; not a hair out of place. Alex was relieved that everyone was alright, but he was still worried about Twilight and Princess Celestia. Suddenly, he saw Rainbow Dash and Gilda flying in the sky towards Ponyville. They landed in the town.

“Is everypony okay? Is anyone hurt?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“No, thank goodness,” said Alex, stepping forward so Rainbow Dash could see him.

“Alex!” she cried, flying towards him.

Alex gave her a hug.

“It’s good to see you two, Rainbow Dash,” said Alex. Rainbow Dash looked at the crowd of ponies, but someone was missing.

“Hey, where’s Twilight?” she asked.

Alex wasn’t sure how to answer to what he saw just a moment ago.

“Look,” cried a pony. “Up in the sky!”

The chariots arrived in Ponyville’s town square as Eli looked down at the colorful array of its inhabitants. Eli was beginning to be unnerved looking at the hundreds of ponies, but suddenly lit up at seeing humans amongst them.

These must be those other travelers, he thought.

Eli and Twilight got out of their chariot walking towards Twilight’s friends. Orion then spotted her and gave her another hug. Eli had never seen or heard of a Gallade before. He was frozen stiff at the sight of Orion.

“Thank God you’re alright,” he said.

Alex looked over and saw Orion and Twilight with Eli, whom he didn’t recognize, but figured he was part of that ball of light that came and went. He walked over to introduce himself.

“Finally, a human,” said Eli exultantly.

“Hello, you must be new here,” said Alex to Eli.

“You got that right,” said Eli more openly, shaking Alex’s hand

“I’m Alex Morrison, and I’d like to welcome you to Ponyville.”

“Eli Montgomery and- wait you’ve been here before?”

“Yes,” said Alex, “it’s a long story.”

Eli then pulled Alex aside. “Hey,” he whispered. “I don’t really belong here and I’d like to get back home.”

“You mean like you were whisked away here by accident?”

“Something along those lines.”

“I guess so.”

Alex then signaled Orion over to him. Eli was still shocked at the sight of this alien creature.

“What’s the matter, Eli,” asked Alex, “you’ve never seen a Gallade before?”

“What the hell is a Gallade?” asked Eli

Alex then looked confused. “Where do you live?” he asked.

“Brooklyn, New York.”

“Where is Brooklyn?”

“Are you serious?”

“Super serious. We must be from completely different worlds.”

“No shit, Sherlock,” said Eli. “Can’t you just send me back?”

“Sorry," said Orion, spooking Eli, “your civilization must be vastly different from ours, and I can only travel between this world and ours. You’re more than welcome to go there, but you’ll be as much of a stranger to our world as you are to this one.”

“Besides,” said Alex, wrapping his arms around Eli, “Ponyville is awesome. You’ll love it here.”

“If you really say so,” groaned Eli.

The four Vegas Bureau agents got out of their chariots and were greeted with warm smiles by the inhabitants. Suddenly, Ryan darted a strange look to Alex.

“You!” he yelled pointing at him. Everyone in that general direction turned around. “You in the glasses,” he said being more specific.

Alex stepped forward. “Who me?” he asked.

“Yes,” answered Ryan.

“You must also be new here,” said Alex approaching him.

“I’m Alex.” The Vegas Bureau then introduced themselves to him.

“I heard you’re a strong duelist?” asked Ryan.

“You mean like Duel Monsters duelist, right?”

“Exactly.”

“As a matter of fact, I am,” said Alex.

“Would you care to duel me?” he asked.

“Here? Now?” asked Alex.

“I don’t know, we just got here, and we’d like to spend some time with our friends if that’s okay.”

“Not a problem at all,” said Ryan.

“In fact, one of the ponies is throwing a ‘Welcome Back’ party for us tonight. Would you like to come?”

“I suppose,” said Ryan. “It would be nice to acquaint ourselves with the townsfolk.”

“Wonderful,” said Alex.

“How about tomorrow then?” asked Ryan.

“Tomorrow what?”

“We duel. Right here around 9:00 in the morning.”

“Okay then,” said Alex. “I will see you then.”

Alex walked back with the rest of his band mates.

“I see you’ve met Ryan and the others,” said Twilight approaching Alex.

“I dunno,” said Alex. “There’s just something about them that kind of rubs me the wrong way.”

“Really? How so?”

“Maybe it’s his wanting to duel me within only fifteen seconds of knowing me, or maybe it’s the suits they’re wearing, I don’t know, but I’ve seen enough cartoons in my day to know that being an overly nice stranger is always a bad sign.”

“I know, right?” quipped in Eli.

“I felt the same thing when I met them on the plateau by their palace.”

“Guys,” said Twilight. “You shouldn’t judge a person like that. You of all people, Alex. Do you not remember Nightmare Night?”

“All too well, Twilight,” said Alex, “but I could actually feel a longing for acceptance from Princess Luna when she was outcast. Here I just feel a bad vibe from those guys. You can do what you want, but I’m keeping a close eye on them.”

Twilight sighed in frustration.

____________________________________

When they entered the old theater where, like last time, Lamss would be making their temporary residence, the place was strewn with party decorations: streamers, balloons, cake, snacks, games. It was a normal Pinkie Pie celebration. However the banner that read, “Welcome Back, Lamss,” on it also had “and welcome Eli, Mark, Chase, Diana, and Ryan,” crudely written on it with black marker. Pinkie Pie hopped up to Eli who was next to Alex.

“Hi, you must be Eli. I’m Pinkie Pie. Do you like the party? Do ya?”

Eli wasn’t exactly hoping for this kind of reception.

“Do you by chance have anything to drink?”

Pinkie Pie ran over to the snacks table and got some punch for him. Eli was hoping for something along the lines of beer or even a wine cooler, but he didn’t want to be rude, so he smiled and took a sip. And another, until he gulped it down.

“That wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but that was really good,” he said.

“Well here,” said Pinkie Pie pouring a full ladle into his empty cup, “have some more.”

She then ran away to converse with the 4 agents.

“Now if I could get some vodka, I’d be in business,” he said.

“I can help with that,” said Alex.

He then made his way to behind the stage where some pegasus ponies were bringing in all of the luggage from the plane.

“Could you do us a favor?”Alex asked them.

____________________________________

Alex and Eli rode with the pegasi back to the plane to get more luggage. Since he was present, he figured this would be a good time to bring in the instruments, as he didn’t like others touching them.

“Holy shit,” said Eli. “This is yours?”

“Sure is,” said Alex.

They went inside the plane where Alex went behind the bar.

“Wait,” said Eli, “do you have any beer or something.”

“What kind do you like?”

“Miller Light?”

“Once again, we come from different worlds, so we won’t have the same brands of liquor as you do.”

“Okay, surprise me.”

Alex tossed him a brown bottle.

“Oreburgh Ale?” said Eli looking at the bottle like it was a container of pond sludge.

“I like it,” said Alex. “I mean, when it comes right down to it, beer is beer, right?”

Alex twisted off his own bottle and took a swig.

“Mmm,” said Alex trying his best to make him feel comfortable.

Eli twisted the top and took a swig. He was surprised at how good it tasted.

“God damn, that’s some good shit right there.”

“Good said Alex.

“Seriously,” said Eli. “If I knew there was beer that tasted this good in your world, I would have tried living there years ago.

“Cool,” said Alex, “but could you help me with some stuff?”

____________________________________

Alex and Eli just finished loading all of the instruments into the back of the loading compartment the pegasi were carrying to and from Ponyville.

“So you guys are also a rock band?”

“Yep,” said Alex.

“Are you any good?”

“You can find out for yourself, tonight.”

“Tonight?” asked Eli.

____________________________________

Alex came back and found his the other members of Lamss talking with Applejack and Twilight.

“Howdy, Alex,” said Applejack. “Long time, no see.”

“Same,” said Alex. “I was just trying to hang out with Eli to get him more comfortable here. He seems to be interested in our band, and we just unloaded the instruments in, and…”

“Well, then let’s play,” said Maddie.

“Okay,” replied Alex.

It took a while for Maddie to get her drumset set up but with the help of Pinkie Pie, who set it up the last time, it was no hassle at all. The band got dress into their usual show attire, and made their way back onstage. They all got out the rest of their instruments from their cases, the same ones from two years ago. Orion used the electric and amplification spells to give them power and sound. Lucas tapped the microphone for a test.

“Hello, Ponyville,” he called. “For those who don’t know us, we are Lamss, and we are tonight’s entertainment.”

The crowd of ponies cheered as the four agents of the Vegas Bureau clapped respectfully. Zelda decided to be a wallflower for the evening, and particularly enjoyed it. Lamss then started playing music, and all of the ponies started dancing. The only ones who weren’t dancing were the 4 agents, who stood and observed the music, and Zelda, who stood and watched the commotion in the house.

Pinkie Pie jumped at her, laughing, “Come on, slowpoke,” she said. “The party has just started!”

Zelda didn’t like being talked to like a child.

“Yeah, I’m just going to be here for a while,” said Zelda lethargically.

“Aww, don’t be like that!” said Pinkie Pie, pulling Zelda into the crowd with her hooves. “Come on, there’s plenty of party to go round.”

Zelda then successfully pulled her hand away.

“Listen, I’m not much of a dancer,” said Zelda feeling a little embarrassed.

“Who is?” asked Pinkie Pie. “I mean look at Twilight over there.” She then motioned to Twilight dancing like a total spaz, but still enjoying herself. “You just gotta get into it.”

Pinkie Pie then started dancing awkwardly too. Still a little uncomfortable with being forced into the dancefloor, Zelda began dancing the best way she knew how: by recreating Uma Thurman’s dance sequence from Pulp Fiction. She expected a lot of laughing, which was happening, but no one was laughing at her. In fact, Pinkie Pie saw her and was trying to imitate her moves.

For most of Zelda’s life, she had been judged for a lot of the things she’s done. It seemed that in this world, no one judged you for something as trivial as your dancing skills. This made her feel a little more open. Plus, there was just something about Pinkie Pie’s exuberant energy that was rubbing off on her. She was having… fun. It felt good. Eli was watching Sammy rock out on the bass.

Even for a woman, thought Eli, she’s damned good on that bass.

He watched as her hair wound up and down as she swung her head to the beat of the song.

____________________________________

When the party was over, Pinkie Pie and Zelda were talking over by the punch bowl. Whatever it was it was funny, because they were both laughing. The Lamss gang then said goodbye to the last of the ponies in the house when they were approached by Ryan and the other three Vegas agents.

“You play very well,” said Ryan.

“We’ll see tomorrow how your dueling compares.”

“Okay then,” said Alex.

Ryan walked away before he gave a friendly wave to him. They were set to stay in one of the hotels that was built by Apple Bloom during the first EFDC.

“Holy shit, you guys rock!” said Eli approaching them.

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard such a great cover of Spirit of the Radio like that before.”

“Oh, so you have Rush in your world?” asked Alex.

“Yeah,” said Eli.

"Well, that's good," responded Alex enthusiastically.

“By the way, if you wouldn’t mind giving me a place to sleep…”

“Of course, there’s room for you, silly,” interrupted Pinkie Pie.

“During the last EFDC, we added more beds to the inside of this place, so don’t worry. There’s plenty of room for all of you! Well, I’ll see you all tomorrow. Buy Zelda!”

She then hopped away.

“Bye…” Zelda then remembered that she didn’t even get her name. She quite possibly just made a friend and she didn’t even get a name.

Nice one, Zelda, she thought.

PreviousChapters Next