• Published 26th May 2017
  • 682 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 682

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35: Trump

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 150: Light Xyzator

Xyz Monster Rank: 8 ATK: 2500 DEF: 1400 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Fairy

3 Level 8 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Numbers" monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon an Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck with a Rank equal to or lower than this card. If you Special Summon a monster this way, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and attach it to the Special Summoned monster as Xyz Material.

Ryan followed Mark to the staircase where he would enter the arena and face his next opponents, Rarity and Braeburn. Mark was already well ahead of him, but the sound of a voice caught Ryan’s attention. The voice belonged to Rainbow Dash.

“Hey,” she said quietly, knowing full well that her relationship with Ryan was restricted. “I heard the argument a couple of doors down. Listen, I know you must be under a lot of pressure right now, but if you lose, I’ll try and convince my friends or whoever wins to help you save your son.”

Ryan smiled. He would say his faith in humanity was restored, but it was the loyalty of a single pony that gave him the strength he needed to win.

“Thank you,” he said. “I’ll still do whatever it takes to win, so I apologize in advance for anything that may transpire.”

Rainbow just gave a slight nod.

“Ryan!” called Mark. “Let’s go!”

Ryan jogged to catch up.

“Good luck!” called Rainbow Dash.

____________________________________

Mark and Ryan stood shoulder to shoulder with each other at the wooden gate. The announcer called them out.

“And now, the other two members of the infamous Vegas Bureau, the Jack, and its leader Ace, Ryan and Mark!”

Ryan and Mark were met with a similar chorus of boos.

“And next, we have one of Equestria’s most acclaimed fashion designers with her partner from the faraway town of Appleloosa, Rarity and Braeburn!”

Now the crowd began cheering again. Rarity and Braeburn met Mark and Ryan in the middle. The four-spaced circle appeared in the sky above the coliseum. A light spun around the circle until the light landed on the space marked SD. Standard Doubles.

“Uh oh,” said the announcer. “Looks like we have another standard doubles match ahead of us. Who will emerge victorious? Good luck to both teams!”

Both players shook hands as Ryan and Mark ensnared the ponies’ wrists with their duel anchors. Braeburn and Rarity accepted this as an inevitability to fighting a foe like this.

“Remember,” said Mark, “focus.”

Ryan had gotten his old deck back (part of it, anyways), so he felt like this duel would be a little easier than normal. Rarity and Braeburn unsheathed their duel disks while Mark and Ryan activated theirs. They all drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all cried.

Rarity and Braeburn vs. Ryan and Mark

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity activates Gem-Knight Fusion, sending Gem-Knight Sapphire, Gem-Knight Crystal, and Gem-Knight Garnet in her hand to the graveyard to fusion summon Gem-Knight Master Dia (ATK: 2900 DEF: 2500). Gem-Knight Master Dia gains 100 ATK for each Gem-Knight in her graveyard (3) (ATK: 2900 -> 3200).

Rarity places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Ryan’s Turn: Ryan summons Wind-Up Hunter (ATK: 1600 DEF: 500). When a Wind-Up monster is summoned, Ryan can special summon Wind-Up Shark from his hand (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300).

Ryan places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Ryan is using Chase’s Wind-Ups, thought Braeburn. It looks like Chase wasn’t kidding when he said that Chronomaly deck was really his. Does that mean that these Wind-Ups are Ryan’s? He dueled so well with that other deck; I’m scared to see how he fights with this one. No, now’s not the time to get scared. If I just keep up with my strategy, I’ll be just fine.

____________________________________

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn special summons Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow (ATK: 5000 DEF: 0). Rarity activates her face down Star Changer, increasing her Gem-Knight Master Dia’s level by 1 (Lvl.: 9 -> 10). Braeburn overlays Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow and Gem-Knight Master Dia to xyz summon Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Braeburn activates Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Braeburn inflicts 2000 points of damage towards his opponent.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6000

Braeburn summons one monster face down.

Braeburn places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“You’ve experienced the Wind-Ups firsthand,” said Mark to Braeburn and Rarity, “and you’ve seen me duel with my T.G.’s. Now, you shall experience the explosive power when these archetypes are combined together!”

____________________________________

Mark’s Turn: Mark special summons T.G. Striker, as he controls no monsters while his opponent controls one (ATK: 800 DEF: 0). Next, he special summons T.G. Gear Zombie, as he controls a T.G. monster (ATK: 600 DEF: 0). Mark tunes Wind-Up Shark with T.G. Gear Zombie to synchro summon T.G. Hyper Librarian (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1800). Mark tunes Wind-Up Hunter with T.G. Striker to synchro summon another T.G. Hyper Librarian.

With T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect, Mark can draw 1 card when a monster is synchro summoned. Mark then normal summons T.G. Catapult Dragon (ATK: 900 DEF: 1300). Once per turn, Mark can special summon a level 3 or lower T.G. monster from his hand, choosing T.G. Jet Falcon (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200). Mark tunes T.G. Catapult Dragon with T.G. Jet Falcon to synchro summon T.G. Wonder Magician (ATK: 1900 DEF: 0). Both of Mark’s T.G. Hyper Librarians’ effects activate, having Mark draw 2 cards. When T.G. Jet Falcon is used as synchro material, 500 points of damage are inflicted to the opponent.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7500

When T.G. Wonder Magician is special summoned, Mark can destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field, choosing one of Braeburn’s face down cards. Mark overlays T.G. Wonder Magician and his 2 T.G. Hyper Librarians to xyz summon Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky (ATK: 2000 DEF: 3500). Mark activates Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky’s effect. By detaching 2 xyz materials from it, Mark can destroy 1 monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s original ATK, choosing Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 7500 -> 4500

Mark attacks Braeburn’s face down monster, which is a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw 5 cards.

Mark places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-6000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Are you alright?” asked Braeburn.

“Quite alright,” said Rarity, brushing her arms with her hooves. “I can’t say the same for my opponent next turn.”

____________________________________

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity summons Gem-Knight Alexandrite (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1200). Rarity activates Gem-Knight Alexandrite’s effect, tributing it to special summon a Gem-Knight normal monster from her deck, choosing Gem-Knight Crystal (ATK: 2450 DEF: 1950). Rarity then activates her face down Soul Resurrection, special summoning another Gem-Knight Crystal from her graveyard. Rarity overlays both Gem-Knight Crystals to xyz summon Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado (ATK: 3200 DEF: 1000). Rarity attacks Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 6000 -> 4800

Rarity places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Ryan was now dueling with a deck familiar to him, and frankly, how much more familiar can you be with a deck when it’s your own? Ryan had a few new cards on him, as this deck couldn’t summon his normal ace, Number 149: Alien Tentacles as fast as he could with his Alien deck. So now, it looked like he’d have to improvise.

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: Ryan activates Zenmailfunction, special summoning Wind-Up Shark from his graveyard. Ryan special summons another Wind-Up Shark from his hand with its effect. Ryan then normal summons Wind-Up Juggler (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Ryan activates Level Cross, discarding 1 card to double the level of a monster he controls, choosing Wind-Up Shark (Lvl.: 4 -> 8). Ryan then activates Galaxy Queen’s Light, having all monsters he controls become the same level as a monster he controls, choosing his level 8 Wind-Up Shark. Ryan overlays Wind-Up Juggler and both of his Wind-Up Sharks to xyz summon Number 150: Light Xyzator (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1400).

Ryan activates Number 150: Light Xyzator’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material, Ryan can special summon an xyz monster from his extra deck with a rank equal to or lower than Number 50: Light Xyzator, choosing Number 149: Alien Tentacles (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2900). When an xyz monster is summoned this way, Ryan can detach an xyz material from Number 150: Light Xyzator and attach it to the special summoned monster, choosing Number 149: Alien Tentacles. Ryan then activates Number 149: Alien Tentacles’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Ryan can destroy an opponent’s monster and inflict damage equal to the monster’s DEF, choosing Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 4500 -> 3500

Ryan can’t conduct his battle phase then turn he activates that effect.

Ryan ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I’m glad to see that you’re dueling with your own deck,” commented Braeburn to Ryan. “Very honorable. But you and your posse lost all honor when you decided to come into my land and steal our most precious artifacts from us, and for that, I will not forgive you.”

Ryan winced. If only he could just leave it all…

____________________________________

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates Special Schedule, special summoning a Machine-type monster with 3000 or more ATK from his graveyard, choosing Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow. He then activates Xyz Plant, special summoning itself as a monster with the same level as a monster he controls, choosing Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow. Braeburn, overlays Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow and Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Braeburn then activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning a monster from his graveyard, choosing Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max. Braeburn activates Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Braeburn can attack the opponent directly.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 4800 -> 2800

Braeburn then attacks Number 150: Light Xyzator with Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 150: Light Xyzator isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 2800 -> 2300

Braeburn places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-3500 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I’ll show you how foolish it was of you to fill my hand,” remarked Mark.

____________________________________

Mark’s Turn: Mark summons T.G. Cyber Magician (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Next, Mark activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying the face down card that Braeburn just set. Next, he activates the trap Give and Take, special summoning a monster from his graveyard to his opponent’s side of the field in defense position, choosing T.G. Gear Zombie. Also, a monster Mark controls has its level increased by the level of the special summoned monster (Lvl. 1 -> 2). Mark then activates the effect of T.G. Cyber Magician, allowing him to synchro summon using T.G. monsters in his hand as the non-tuner synchro materials. Mark tunes T.G. Cyber Magician with the T.G. Warwolf in his hand to synchro summon T.G. Power Gladiator (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1000). Mark attacks T.G. Gear Zombie with T.G. Power Gladiator. T.G. Power Gladiator can inflict piercing damage.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 3500 -> 1200

Mark then activates TG-SX1, special summoning a T.G. synchro monster from his graveyard when he destroys a monster, choosing T.G. Wonder Magician. Mark tunes T.G. Power Gladiator and T.G. Wonder Magician to accel synchro summon T.G. Blade Blaster (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2200).

Mark places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2300 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Rarity still laid on the ground after Mark’s attack.

“Rarity!” called Braeburn. “No, please,” gasped Rarity. “You’ve done a wonderful job of trying to protect me over these past few days. I might be a lady, but I certainly am no pushover. If I need to knock some heads to help pull us through together, then so be it. You understand, darling?”

Braeburn instantly nodded.

“Good. It. Is. On!”

____________________________________

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity activates her face down Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado from her graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn to it as xyz material. Rarity then activates another Gem-Knight Fusion, sending Gem-Knight Obsidian and Gem-Knight Iolite in her hand to the graveyard to fusion summon Gem-Knight Zirconia (ATK: 2900 DEF: 2500). Rarity attacks Number 150: Light Xyzator with Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado, but Mark activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing Number 150: Light Xyzator’s destruction. Battle damage is still applied.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 2300 -> 1600

Rarity activates Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado’s effect. Once per turn, by detaching one xyz material from it after it attacks or is attacked, she can battle with a different monster on the field, choosing Number 149: Alien Tentacles.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 1600 -> 1000

Rarity attacks Number 150: Light Xyzator with Gem-Knight Zirconia. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 150: Light Xyzator isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 1000 -> 600

Rarity places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-1200 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Last draw, thought Ryan. If I don’t draw something good here, Braeburn will just demolish us with his Number, and then I can forget any chance of saving my son. Lord, if you’re out there, please heed my prayer!

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: Ryan activates Armored Xyz, equipping an xyz monster in his graveyard to a monster he controls, equipping Number 149: Alien Tentacles to Number 150: Light Xyzator. The ATK, DEF, and effect of the equipped monster become the same as the equip card (ATK: 2500 -> 2600, DEF: 1400 -> 2900). Ryan activates Number 150: Light Xyzator’s new effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s DEF, choosing Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach. Rarity attempts to activate Barrel Behind the Door, but Ryan activates Solemn Judgement, negating the effect of and destroying Barrel Behind the Door by paying half of his life points.

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 600 -> 300

The effect resolves.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 1200 -> 0

Ryan and Mark win.

____________________________________

Ryan breathed a slight smile of relief. Rarity rushed over to Braeburn, who laid on the ground panting.

“You did good,” said Braeburn.

“No,” corrected Rarity. “We did good.”

They hugged each other as their Numbers flew out of their extra decks and into Ryan and Marks hands. The crowd booed too loud for the announcer to talk over them.

“I’m sorry about hurting your friend,” said Ryan to Rarity.

He meant to talk to her as well as Mark, to explain why he was apologizing.

“I heard about what Chase did to you two days ago. I find it a great offense to injure a lady like that in cold blood, especially in front of her boyfriend. Please understand it wasn’t my intention to hurt your friend, it’s just that I didn’t want to hurt you.”

Ryan then wordlessly walked back to the coliseum hallways to await their next duel. Mark knew that Ryan had certain standards when it came to hunting, and he accepted his apology internally. As Ryan walked back down the stairs, he saw Chase approaching him, apparently awake.

“I just heard what you said about me, asshole,” he angrily said.

He then threw a punch at Ryan’s face, who quickly caught it with his left hand, and used his free hand to punch Chase in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. Rainbow Dash hid behind a wall and chuckled, having seen the confrontation. She then rushed away to find Gilda, as she was up next.

“You should actually win before you chastise my new King,” said Mark.

“King?” asked Chase, still winded.

“That’s right, you’ve been demoted to Jack, and Ryan will replace you as King. That is all.”

Chase tried to find the right words, but he was too flustered to speak. All he could do was punch the stone walls so hard he left a crack in them. Chase examined his subsequent bloodied hands and used the walls to wipe them off, heading back to their room.

PreviousChapters Next