• Published 26th May 2017
  • 682 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 682

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: The Façade

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 129: Seven Eyed Kappa

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 1500 DEF: 800 Attribute: WATER Type: Reptile

2 Level 4 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to flip all of the opponent's monsters face down. If any these monsters are Destroyed before the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated, inflict damage to your opponent's life points equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster(s).

Lucas and Pinkie had just won their first duel with the two ponies who ran the spa in Ponyville. With Pinkie Pie’s defense and Lucas’ unrelenting power, they were a force to be reckoned with.

“I can’t believe I’m actually getting to duel with my bestest human friend in the whole wide world!” giggled Pinkie Pie following Lucas in her usual hop.

“Yeah, it’s definitely been a while,” Lucas taking in the atmosphere of Ponyville that he had missed for two years.

“Just remember,” said Lucas gazing at Pinkie Pie, “we don’t use our Numbers unless the opponent we face uses them.”

“Mmhm,” hummed Pinkie Pie with a nod.

Upon walking by town hall, a grey pegasus with crossing eyes almost flew into them. Lucas dodged out of the way, while Pinkie Pie stood perfectly still as the pegasus whizzed by her face and smacked into the wall of the large building.

“Oh my gosh,” said a buffalo running up to the group, “I’m so sorry. Derpy can be a little clumsy. You’re not hurt, are you?”

“No, I’m alright,” said Lucas.

“I think Derpy’s fine. The crash didn’t seem to hurt her.”

Derpy got up and wandered aimlessly in her usual self.

“That’s good,” said the buffalo in relief. “Wait, don’t I know you?” asked the buffalo. “You’re the singer to that human band that came here, right?”

“Yes, ma’am,” confirmed Lucas.

“Cool,” she replied. “I heard you and Pinkie are really strong duelists.”

“Yes-siree-bob, Little Strongheart.” replied Pinkie with a wide smile. “We may just be the toughest around.”

“You two know each other?” asked Lucas.

“Oh yes,” answered Pinkie Pie. “We settled a little scuffle in Appleloosa between her buffalo tribe and the pony settlers who live there. Teeheehee. I like that word. Scuffle.”

“Interesting,” said Lucas.

“Yes,” said Little Strongheart, “Pinkie and I go WAY back. Say, while we’re here, why not have a fun little duel?”

“Duel?” chirped Pinkie in excitement. “That sounds great!”

“Derpy!” called Little Strongheart.

“Duel?” said Derpy in a woozy voice. “‘K. Got it.”

They decided to duel inside the town hall pavilion. Unbeknownst to most ponies, the pavilion was available to all ponies to duel in as a public venue, but as long as it didn’t interrupt the flow of business inside, it was completely acceptable.

“So how do you want to do this?” asked Lucas.

“Standard doubles,” said Little Strongheart. “Is that okay, Derpy?” Derpy hung her mouth open, stuck her tongue to the side and waved at Little Strongheart.

“She says yes.”

“Okey dokey lokey,” giggled Pinkie Pie.

“Let’s duel!” All 4 players unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie vs. Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons one monster face down.

Lucas places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves summons Chainsaw Insect (ATK: 2400 DEF: 0).

Derpy Hooves ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Pinkie Pie summons one monster face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Suddenly the quaint and friendly smile given by Little Strongheart was replaced by an evil and foreboding one. Derpy even changed her blissfully confused look and frowned in concentration.

“What the?” whispered Lucas.

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart summons Yaksha (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1500). When its normal summoned, Little Strongheart can send an opponent’s spell or trap card that (s)he controls and return it to the hand, choosing one of Lucas’ face down cards. Next, she activates Double Summon, summoning Gundari from her hand (ATK: 1000 DEF: 200). Little Strongheart overlays Chainsaw Insect, Gundari, and Yaksha to xyz summon Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil (ATK: 2300 DEF: 2200).

Little Strongheart activates Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz monster from it, she can destroy one face down monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the combined ATK and DEF of the destroyed monster, choosing Lucas’ face down monster. She destroys Gladiator Beast Secutor (ATK: 400 DEF: 300).

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7300

Because of Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil’s effect, she can’t conduct her battle phase.

Little Strongheart places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Card-1

____________________________________

“What’s going on?” yelled Lucas confused. “Why do you have Numbers?”

“They come from an anonymous source,” said Little Strongheart. Lucas almost bared his teeth at the word “anonymous,” as it seemed clear that they were given to them by the Vegas Bureau, but was stopped by Little Strongheart’s further explanation.

“Before you get riled up. They were not given to us by those other humans. We despise them as much as you do, but we cannot trust the Numbers to someone like you. Which is why we’re taking them away.”

“Someone like me? We want to stop them too. We have a common enemy, Little Strongheart. We should be working together, not fighting amongst each other.”

“Hmph,” grunted Derpy Hooves. She then spoke in more fluent and clearer voice. “You humans are so naïve. The truth is, we’ve actually known about the Numbers far before you came to this land, so we are much better equipped with the knowledge to defeating them. If I were you, I would hand over any Numbers in your possession right now.”

“No. This is just as much our fight as it is yours. We understand that you’re fighting for the sanctity of your land, and we are fighting to save Equestria from-”

“You don’t need to lecture us about the Inverz prophecy. The point is that you seem unwilling to comply with our demands. But go ahead; fight back, but you’re fighting a losing battle here.”

“We’ll see just how much of a losing battle this is.”

____________________________________

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Gladiator Beast Secutor from the graveyard. Next, he summons Gladiator Beast Darius (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300). Then, he activates Book of Taiyou, flipping Pinkie Pie’s monster face up, which was a Worm Cartaros (ATK: 1200 DEF: 500). When Worm Cartaros is flip summoned, Pinkie Pie adds one level 4 or lower Worm monster from her deck to her hand. Lucas overlays Worm Cartaros, Gladiator Beast Darius, and Gladiator Beast Secutor to xyz summon Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2100).

Lucas activates the effect of Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder. By detaching one xyz material from it, he can increase its ATK by the difference between it and a monster that it battles, choosing Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil (ATK: 2600 -> 2900). Lucas attacks Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil, but Little Strongheart activates Reinforced Space, increasing Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil’s ATK by 300 for each xyz material attached to it (2) (ATK: 2300 -> 2900). Lucas continues the attack. Since Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil and Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder have equal ATK, they are both destroyed.

Lucas places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand- 1 Life-7300 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

During his turn, he noticed that his Number card was faintly glowing blue. He was reminded of it by the faint blue glow coming from his graveyard where his Number now rested.

“What’s going on here?” asked Lucas referring to the glow.

“Oh, you mean about your Number?” called Derpy. He looked up to see a similar blue coloring in the eyes of Little Strongheart. “You’ll find out soon enough.”

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying one of Lucas’ face down cards. Then, Derpy Hooves activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she summons Inzektor Centipede (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200). When Inzektor Centipede is summoned, Derpy Hooves can equip one Inzektor monster from her graveyard onto it, choosing Inzektor Giga-Mantis. When Inzektor Giga-Mantis is equipped to a monster, its ATK becomes 2400 (ATK: 1600 -> 2400). Next, Derpy activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder from Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s graveyard. Derpy attacks Lucas directly with Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 7300 -> 4700

Next, Derpy attacks Lucas and Pinkie Pie directly with Inzektor Centipede.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 4700 -> 2300

Derpy places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Lucas was stunned. He never saw Derpy so cunning before. In just one turn, she knocked off more than half of her life points. Truly she was a much fearsome opponent than he let on. Little Strongheart shot a sad glance at Pinkie in an attempt to have her reason with Lucas to stop the duel and just surrender their Numbers peacefully. Pinkie Pie looking nervous shot a glance at Lucas who was still lying on the ground writhing in pain after the last attack.

Then, she remembered telling something to Twilight almost three years ago when Spike told his secret about his crush on Rarity: “Losing a friend’s trust is the fastest way to lose a friend.” She then looked at Little Strongheart again, who gave more of an endearing look this time around.

“Forever!”

She then angrily looked at Little Strongheart.

“Sorry, friendo. We may have been friends in the past, but if you ever. EVER hurt any of my other friends then… then I guess we can’t be friends anymore.”

Pinkie Pie ran over to Lucas and helped him up.

“Pinkie, please. It doesn’t have to be this way.”

“It already is,” interrupted Derpy. “The mare has made her bed, and now she’s going to lie in it.”

“Not if I lay you two to rest first!”

She then turned to Lucas.

“How was that for a comeback?”

Lucas still a tad winded gave a smile and thumbs up in response to Pinkie’s comeback. Pinkie smiled at Lucas, and then scowled again as she faced her two opponents.

____________________________________

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Lucas activates Trap Stun, negating the activation of trap cards this turn. Pinkie Pie activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she activates Worm Call, special summoning a Worm monster face down from her hand when she controls no monsters while her opponent controls one. Next, Pinkie summons Worm Rakuyeh (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1200). Then, she activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil from Derpy Hooves’ graveyard.

Then, she activates her Book of Taiyou to flip summon her Worm Xex (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1000). Pinkie Pie overlays Worm Xex and Worm Rakuyeh to xyz summon Number 129: Seven Eyed Kappa (ATK: 1500 DEF: 800). Pinkie Pie activates its effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, she can flip all monsters on her opponent’s side of the field face down. If these monsters are destroyed this turn, Pinkie can inflict damage equal to their ATK. Pinkie Pie attacks the face down Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder with Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5400

Pinkie Pie attacks the face down Inzektor Centipede with Number 129: Seven Eyed Kappa.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 5400 -> 3000

When Inzektor Giga-Mantis was sent to the graveyard while equipped to a monster, she can special summon an Inzektor monster from her graveyard, choosing Inzektor Giga-Grioll (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1300).

Pinkie Pie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-2300 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Pinkie. I’m so sorry,” whispered Little Strongheart.

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart summons Asura Priest (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Next, she activates Star Changer, increasing Asura Priest’s level by 1. Little Strongheart overlays Asura Priest with Inzektor Giga-Grioll to xyz summon Number 136: Wicked Totem Curse (ATK: 0 DEF: 2200).

Little Strongheart activates Number 136: Wicked Totem Curse’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, she can swap the ATK of an xyz monster her opponent controls with the ATK of Number 136: Wicked Totem Curse, choosing Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil (ATK: 2300 -> 0, ATK: 0 -> 2300). Little Strongheart attacks Number 167: Desert Guardian – Sand Devil. Pinkie Pie attempts to activate Mirror Force, but Derpy Hooves activates Trap Jammer, negating the effect of Mirror Force and destroy it. The attack goes through.

Lucas and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 2300 -> 0

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart win.

____________________________________

Once the duel was over, all of Numbers that were in play that duel disappeared from Pinkie Pie and Lucas’ zones and graveyard and appeared in Little Strongheart’s hooves. Once this ritual was done, her magically altered blue eyes returned to normal. It was an ability that Princess Luna magically gave her upon completion and passing of her Wrangler entrance tests. Little Strongheart looked at Lucas and Pinkie Pie as the lie on the ground, still unconscious after the hit.

“Forget them,” said Derpy to her comrade. “We have more Numbers to find.”

Derpy then put on her mentally challenged charade as she flew out of the town hall.

“Please forgive me, Pinkie,” whispered Little Strongheart. And with that she ran off.

____________________________________

“…thought that this would be a great place to duel,” said Spike as he entered the town hall pavilion with Sammy, Twilight, and Zecora.

They then noticed Lucas and Pinkie Pie lying on the ground. They rushed over to them calling their names. This apparently woke them up. Sammy rushed to Lucas while Twilight and Zecora ran to Pinkie.

“What has happened to you, pink mare?” asked Zecora. “Are you hurt? Do you need medical care?”

“No, I’m okay,” answered Pinkie Pie. “How’s Lucas?”

“Luke’s fine,” said Sammy as Lucas rubbed his head as if he had a massive hangover.

“Oh good!” happily chimed Pinkie.

Even though they lost a couple of their Numbers, at least her friend wasn’t hurt.

“Did one of those Number hunters do this to you?”

“You could say that said,” Lucas replied for Pinkie. “Who was it?”

“Pinkie, let me see your D-Pad.”

Pinkie Pie extended her arm as Lucas fiddled on the touch screen and looked up their duel history. The screen then showed the last two duelists they faced. Twilight couldn’t hold back her shock.

“So the perpetrator is the pegasus with loopy eyes?” asked Zecora. “That’s unlike her. She wouldn’t even hurt flies.”

“Well, apparently flies don’t carry Numbers,” grumbled Lucas, “which is what they were after.”

He then remembered. He checked his extra deck and found his Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder missing.

“Yeah, my top Number’s gone.”

Pinkie also looked in hers to find her Number 129: Seven Eyed Kappa gone as well. “Aw, they took my favorite one too,” whined Pinkie.

“This doesn’t make any sense,” said Twilight fearfully.

“I don’t know what makes sense anymore,” said Lucas, “but I do know that we need to warn our friends. Spike, take a letter.”

Spike brought his quill and scroll paper and was ready to write. It was basically a note for Princess Celestia telling her to relay notes to every one of their friends in possession of a Number to warn them about Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart and their encounter with them. Spike sent the letter out, and the smoke rolled off into the night out of a window.

“Hopefully they get that before it’s too late,” said Lucas looking out the same window.

PreviousChapters Next