• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Pestilence

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis

Xyz Monster Rank: 6 ATK: 2600 DEF: 3000 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Machine

2 Level 6 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 "Number" monster in your Graveyard; equip that target to this card. This card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster equipped by this effect. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and send 1 card equipped by this effect to the Graveyard; halve your opponent's Life Points. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

Cont. from Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart vs. Flim and Flam

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves summons Inzektor Wig (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Derpy Hooves overlays Inzektor Wig, Chainsaw Insect (ATK: 2400 DEF: 0), and Little Strongheart’s Yaksha (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1500) to xyz summon Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2100). Little Strongheart activates Final Attack Orders, forcing all monsters into attack position, including Flam’s Cloudian – Poison Cloud (ATK: 0 DEF: 1000). Derpy Hooves activates Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder’s ATK increases by the difference between its ATK and the ATK of a monster that it battles, choosing Cloudian – Poison Cloud (ATK: 2600 -> 5200). Derpy Hooves attacks Cloudian – Poison Cloud with Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder.

Flim and Flam’s Life Points: 3400 -> 0

Flam activates Cloudian – Poison Cloud’s effect. When it’s destroyed by battle, the monster that destroyed it is destroyed and 800 points of damage are inflicted to the opponent. Derpy activates the quick-play spell card Poison of the Old Man from her hand, increasing their life points by 1200 before the damage hits.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 300 -> 1500

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 1500 -> 700

Because Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart still have life points at the end of that effect, the duel will not end in a draw.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart win.


All Numbers used by Flim and Flam during the duel materialized into Little Strongheart’s hooves by the use of her magic that was granted to her by Princess Luna. Flim and Flam ran for their large machine and rode off with it.

“So, what the hell?” asked Maddie. “I thought the princesses took care of you.”

“They did,” said Derpy. “And after explaining our situation, the princess gave us full approval to hunt Numbers.”

“No,” gasped Maddie, shocked.

“Relax,” scolded Derpy Hooves. “We’ll only take the Numbers of those who can’t beat us in a duel with them. So, let’s see if you’ve earned them, shall we?”

With her eyes turning light blue, Little Strongheart used her magic to force Maddie and Charley into a duel. Applejack and Big Macintosh bumped them out of the way just in time for the spell to be casted on them, causing a dark blue halo to form on the ground around Applejack and Big Macintosh.

“Applejack!” yelled Maddie in fear.

“Don’t worry, Maddie,” she reassured her friend.

“You just threw yourselves in the line and busted your rumps for us. It’s only fair that we do the same.”

“Eeyup,” confirmed Big Macintosh.

“Alright then,” said Derpy. “I’m up for a few surprises.”

She and Little Strongheart unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards. Applejack and Big Macintosh followed suit.

“DUEL!” they cried.

Applejack and Big Macintosh vs. Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart

Applejack’s Turn: Applejack summons XX-Saber Fulhelmknight (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1000).

Applejack places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves summons Inzektor Hopper (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1400). Once per turn, Derpy Hooves can equip an Inzektor monster to it from her hand, choosing Inzektor Hornet. With Inzektor Hornet’s effect, a monster equipped to it has its ATK and DEF raised by the ATK and DEF of Inzektor Hornet and its level is increased by 3 (ATK: 1700 -> 2200, DEF: 1400 -> 1600) (Lvl.: 4 -> 7). Next, Derpy Hooves activates Inzektor Hornet’s effect, sending itself to the graveyard to destroy one card her opponent controls, choosing one of Applejack’s trap cards.

Derpy Hooves places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Big Macintosh’s Turn: Big Macintosh activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he summons Scrap Beast (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1300). Next, he activates his spell Scrap Lube, special summoning Scrap Shark (ATK: 2100 DEF: 0). Big Macintosh overlays Scrap Beast and Scrap Shark to xyz summon Number 50: Black Corn (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1500).

Big Macintosh activates Number 50: Black Corn’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can send an opponent’s monster with equal or lower ATK than Number 50: Black Corn from the field to the graveyard and inflict 1000 points of damage to his opponent, choosing Inzektor Hopper. Derpy Hooves activates Inzektor Orb, equipping it to Inzektor Hopper and increasing its ATK and DEF by 500 (ATK: 1700 -> 2200 DEF: 1400 -> 1900). Because Inzektor Hopper’s ATK is higher than Number 50: Black Corn’s, its effect can’t activate.

Big Macintosh places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I’m sorry,” scolded Derpy Hooves, “but that’s pathetic. We are trained to be prepared in these kinds of scenarios, so your inflicting effect damage on the first turn strategies won’t work on us.” “So let me show what we can do when we can attack,” said Little Strongheart.

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart summons Maharaghi (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1700). Next, she activates Orichalcum Chain, allowing her to xyz summon a monster with one less material than usual. Little Strongheart overlays Maharaghi and Inzektor Hopper to xyz summon Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder (ATK: 2600 DEF: 2100). Little Strongheart activates Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder’s ATK increases by the difference between its ATK and the ATK of a monster that it battles, choosing Number 50: Black Corn (ATK: 2600 -> 3100). Little Strongheart attacks Number 50: Black Corn with Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder. Applejack activates XX-Saber Fulhelmknight’s effect, choosing an attacking monster on the field and negating its attack.

Little Strongheart places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Using a monster’s effect to negate an attack,” said Little Strongheart. “Tricky.”

“Now, I’m about to show all y’all just how tricky I can be,” yelled Applejack.

____________________________________

Applejack’s Turn: Applejack summons XX-Saber Boggart Knight (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1000). When XX-Saber Boggart Knight is summoned, Applejack can special summon an X-Saber monster from her hand, choosing XX-Saber Emmersblade (ATK: 1300 DEF: 800). Next, Applejack activates Star Changer, lowering XX-Saber Boggart Knight’s level by 1. Applejack overlays XX-Saber Boggart Knight, XX-Saber Emmersblade, and XX-Saber Fulhelmknight to xyz summon Number 138: Harvest Power Plower (ATK: 1700 DEF: 2500).

Big Macintosh activates Trap Stun, negating the effects of trap cards for the remainder of this turn. Applejack activates Number 138: Harvest Power Plower’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can select one face up spell or trap card and destroy it, choosing Orichalcum Chain. When Orichalcum Chain is destroyed, Applejack gains control of the xyz monster summoned by Orichalcum Chain’s effect, which is Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder. Applejack attacks Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart directly with Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5400

Applejack then attacks them directly with Number 138: Harvest Power Plower.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 5400 -> 3700

Applejack ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I told you to not add that card in your deck, you idiot!” shouted Derpy Hooves at her partner.

Applejack was astonished to see Derpy Hooves’ true nature, as opposed to the clumsy but fun loving pegasus she knew previously.
“I couldn’t summon my Numbers in any other ways,” reasoned Little Strongheart with hurt in her voice.

“If we lose any Numbers from this duel,” grunted Derpy Hooves, “I’ll make sure it’s you who Princess Luna docks.”

“Princess Luna?” asked everyone else in unison.

Derpy was suddenly angry at herself for spilling such information.

“Never mind!” she yelled.

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves summons Inzektor Centipede (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200). Next, she equips Inzektor Centipede with Inzektor Luciol. When an Inzektor monster is equipped to Inzektor Luciol, its level is raised by 1, and Derpy Hooves can look at all of her opponents’ set cards. Applejack has a face down Negate Attack. Derpy activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Inzektor Hopper from the graveyard. Derpy Hooves overlays Inzektor Centipede and Inzektor Hopper to xyz summon Number 145: Hercules Warrior Beetle (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2500). Derpy Hooves activates Number 145: Hercules Warrior Beetle’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it and removing no less than 1 but up to 3 monsters in her graveyard from play (2), she activates Number 145: Hercules Warrior Beetle’s second effect, destroying 1 set card on the field, choosing Applejack’s Negate Attack. Derpy Hooves attacks Number 138: Harvest Power Plower.

Applejack and Big Macintosh’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7400

Derpy Hooves ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Big Macintosh’s Turn: Big Macintosh summons Scrap Worm (ATK: 500 DEF: 100). Next, Big Macintosh activates Scrapstorm, sending a Scrap monster from his deck to the graveyard, drawing 1 card, and destroying Scrap Worm. When Scrap Worm is destroyed by the effect of a Scrap card, Big Macintosh can add a Scrap monster from his graveyard and adds it to his hand, choosing Scrap Beast. Big Macintosh then equips Number 50: Black Corn with Xyz Unit, having it gain ATK equal to 200 x its rank (200 x 4 = 800, ATK: 2100 -> 2900). Big Macintosh activates Number 50: Black Corn’s effect, detaching 1 xyz material from it to destroy an opponent’s monster with ATK less than Number 50: Black Corn’s and inflict 1000 points of damage to the opponent, choosing Number 145: Hercules Warrior Beetle.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 3700 -> 2700

Derpy Hooves activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster of hers is destroyed.

Big Macintosh places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-7400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Please, thought Little Strongheart, let me win her back with my next move.

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she summons Inaba White Rabbit (ATK: 700 DEF: 500). Then, she activates Double Summon, tributing Inaba White Rabbit to summon Dark Dust Spirit (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1800). When Dark Dust Spirit is normal summoned, all other face up monsters are destroyed. Next, she special summons Yamato-no-Kami by removing a Spirit monster in her graveyard from play (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1200). Little Strongheart overlays Dark Dust Spirit and Yamato-no-Kami to xyz summon Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis (ATK: 2600 DEF: 3000).

When this card is xyz summoned, Little Strongheart can equip 1 Number to Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis and gain ATK equal to half of the equip card’s ATK, choosing Number 184: Liger Blade Wielder (ATK: 2600 -> 3900). Little Strongheart activates Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material and sending a monster equipped to it by its effect to the graveyard (ATK: 3900 -> 2600), Little Strongheart halves Applejack and Big Macintosh’s life points.

Applejack and Big Macintosh’s Life Points: 7400 -> 3700

Little Strongheart can’t conduct her battle phase the turn she uses this effect.

Little Strongheart places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Little Strongheart looked to her partner hoping to see a little happiness in her after her turn, but she was dismayed to still see Derpy Hooves’ face still angry and defiant.

____________________________________

Applejack’s Turn: Applejack activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Applejack activates the field spell Saber Vault, having X-Saber monsters gain 100 ATK times their level and have their DEF lowered by 100 times their level. Next, she special summons XX-Saber Gardestrike, as she has at least 2 X-Saber monsters in her graveyard (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400) (ATK: 2100 -> 2600, DEF: 1400 -> 900).

Next, she normal summons X-Saber Pashuul (ATK: 100 DEF: 0) (ATK: 100 -> 300). Applejack tunes XX-Saber Gardestrike with X-Saber Pashuul to synchro summon X-Saber Souza (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1600) (ATK: 2500 -> 3200, DEF: 1600 -> 900). Applejack attacks Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis. Little Strongheart attempts to activate Magic Cylinder, but Big Macintosh activates Trap Jammer negating and destroying Magic Cylinder. The attack goes through. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis is not destroyed. Battle damage is applied normally.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 2700 -> 2100

Applejack ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Like hay I’m going to let you win this,” scowled Derpy Hooves.

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates the effect of Golden Ladybug in her hand, gaining 500 life points.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 2100 -> 2600

Derpy Hooves then summons Golden Ladybug (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Next, she activates Creature Swap, switching control of her Golden Ladybug with Applejack’s X-Saber Souza. Derpy Hooves attacks Golden Ladybug with X-Saber Souza.

Applejack and Big Macintosh’s Life Points: 3700 -> 500

Derpy Hooves places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Big Macintosh looked at her sister lying on the ground and groaning in pain. Suddenly, the fire in his heart ignited, ready to protect her little sister.

“I do have to hand it to ya, Big Mac,” said Derpy Hooves. “I would never have expected such a fight from somepony such as yourself.”

“Don’t hold your breath,” said Big Macintosh, “because this fight ain’t over yet.”

____________________________________

Big Macintosh’s Turn: Big Macintosh activates Cup of Ace. A coin is tossed. It lands up heads. Big Macintosh draws 2 cards. Next, he activates Reload, adding his hand to his deck and drawing cards equal to the amount he sent to his deck. Big Macintosh activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field (ATK: 3200 -> 2500, DEF: 900 -> 1600). Next, he equips Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandiswith Mark of the Rose, removing a Plant-type monster in his graveyard from play (Number 50: Black Corn) and taking control of an opponent’s monster, choosing Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis. Lastly, Big Macintosh equips Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis with Megamorph, doubling its ATK (ATK: 2600 -> 5200). Big Macintosh attacks X-Saber Souza with Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 2600 -> 0

Applejack and Big Macintosh win.


Charley hugged Big Macintosh as Maddie helped Applejack up. Applejack then noticed that all of the Numbers used in their duel materialized onto her and Big Macintosh’s duel disks. Derpy looked angry as their collection began falling away from them. She looked at Little Strongheart, who was exhausted from dueling with her powers so much in a short amount of time. Derpy looked ready to cave Little Strongheart’s head in with her hooves, but was stopped by Maddie’s voice.

“You know,” she said, “you should be nicer to your partner.”

Derpy Hooves saw Maddie, Charley, Applejack, and Big Macintosh walk towards them.

“You forget that we have a common enemy,” said Maddie. “You should be fighting with us to defeat them, not against us.”

“It’s my duty to see if you are responsible enough with the Numbers,” said Derpy Hooves. “And before you speak, I know that you and your friend beat Flim and Flam, but they are only the pawns of the Vegas Bureau. I must know that you are prepared to fight them.”

She then acknowledged the tired Little Strongheart, who just managed to stand with her partner.

“Unfortunately, my partner is too busy for any more hunting for right now, so we will be off. Don’t think however that this is the last time you’ll see us. We will fight in the future Maddie Rivers and Charley de Silva. Prepare for our inevitable duel.”

“I look forward to it,” said Charley.

Derpy Hooves gave a slight smirk and walked away with Little Strongheart.

“Hey!” called Maddie.

Derpy Hooves turned around to see two cards flying in her direction. She caught them in her mouth and dropped them to look at them. It was Maddie’s Number 19: Freezerdon and Derpy’s Number 145: Hercules Warrior Beetle.

Derpy Hooves walked back to Maddie to return them, knowing she earned them fair and square.

“No,” said Maddie. “Keep them.”

“But you-”

“I don’t have too much use for Number 19, and that insect one rightfully belongs to you. That way, we’ll have a clean fight on even ground.”

Derpy just gave her another smirk and rode over the hill with her partner.

“You sure about that, sugar cube?” asked Applejack.

“Definitely,” said Maddie. “Whether they think so or not, they are our allies, and they deserve to be as well-equipped as any one of us.”

Applejack leaned her head onto Maddie’s hip, wholeheartedly content with her reasoning. Maddie then stroked her neck and mane, comforting her friend.

____________________________________

As Derpy walked down the road towards Ponyville, Little Strongheart talked to her. “Derpy? You aren’t mad at me, are you?”

Derpy looked at Little Strongheart without an ounce of emotion. “One of the key elements to playing this game is risk, Agent Strongheart. Unfortunately, it seems the odds were in their favor today, and I can’t blame you for that. I do wish for one thing though.”

“What’s that?”

“I wish that I was the risk-taker that you are.”

Little Strongheart couldn’t help but beam.

PreviousChapters Next