• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: The Awakening

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Elemental Guardian Celutera

Effect Monster Level: 10 ATK: 3500 DEF: 3500 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Rock

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having at least 1 each of WIND, WATER, FIRE, an EARTH monsters in your Graveyard. If you Xyz Summon a monster, this card can be used as the entire Xyz Summon. Once during the duel, you can detach this card as Xyz Material from an Xyz Monster you control and attach 1 each of WIND, WATER, FIRE, an EARTH monsters from your Graveyard to that Xyz Monster as Xyz Materials.

It was late at night and everyone was asleep, hoping that they could be well rested for the tournament tomorrow. Two people however weren’t. Two shadows crept up to the theater. It was Chase and Diana, wearing all black turtlenecks, pants, and shoes.

“It’s a good thing the locks in this world are so primitive,” said Chase. “It would make breaking in here a lot harder otherwise.”

After picking the lock, Chase and Diana snuck in.

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash’s home just happened to be hovering over Ponyville when she was alerted by the sound of clinking metal. From her angle, she couldn’t tell that it was Chase and Diana, but she knew that the only humans that she could trust, minus Ryan, lived in that theater. Any other human outside of it was a Vegas agent. By the time Diana and Chase were inside, they heard a banging on the building. Rainbow Dash pounded the wood with her hooves, hoping that the noise would alert them of Chase and Diana’s presence. She then ran away, both to avoid being seen by the two, and to get her friends, her speed being a powerful ally now. Everyone ran out into the house of the theater in their pajamas when they saw Chase and Diana.

“Zelda,” said Chase.

He then launched a black duel anchor at her wrist. Zelda awaited the beam, but Eli pushed her out of the way and took the beam for her as it wrapped around his wrist.

“Don’t interfere!” yelled Diana.

She also launched a black duel anchor at Zelda, who because of Eli’s shove, laid helpless on the floor. Suddenly, the back of an ankle went in front of Zelda’s face. Alex caught the anchor with his leg. Both Alex and Eli were trapped.

“Alex! Eli!” cried Sammy.

“It’s okay Sammy,” reassured Alex. “Just get me and Eli our duel disks.”

Sammy did as she was told.

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash stopped by Twilight’s, Fluttershy’s, Applejack’s, Rarity’s, and Pinkie Pie’s homes to tell them that their friends were in danger. After gathering everyone as fast as she could they all met from their homes just a few hundred feet from the theater, running all the way.

“I’m telling you Twilight, those Vegas agents broke into the theater. I tried alerting them, and then I went to get you guys.”

“Alright,” said Twilight. “Hopefully nothing too bad has happened to them now.”

____________________________________

“Guys, catch!” Sammy threw Alex’s duel disk and Eli’s gauntlet and sword.

“And what, pray tell, do you think you’re going to do with that?” asked Diana to Eli.

Eli then slipped the gauntlet with his deck inside the wrist dealer on his arm. Then he morphed his sword into the duel disk blade which secured itself on his arm.

“Impossible!” said Chase. “Where the hell did a brat like you get power like that?”

“From a dear friend,” said Eli.

Twilight, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Braeburn, Fluttershy, and Applejack rushed inside the theater.

“We came as fast as we could,” panted Twilight.

“Oh, look at who we have here,” said Chase. “It looks like the audience has come to enjoy the show.”

Chase and Diana hopped onstage, forcing the others to flee backstage. They ended up back in the house to watch the duel between these two teams commence. Alex, Chase, and Diana activated their duel disks. Then all four duelists drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.


Chase and Diana vs. Alex and Eli


Chase’s Turn: Chase summons Wind-Up Magician (ATK: 600 DEF: 1800). Next, he special summons Wind-Up Shark from his hand, as he just summoned a Wind-Up monster (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Chase then activates the effect of Wind-Up Magician, special summoning a level 4 or lower Wind-Up monster from his deck when he activates the effect of a Wind-Up monster, choosing Wind-Up Snail (ATK: 100 DEF: 2000).

Chase then activates Inferno Reckless Summon, special summoning all copies of a special summoned monster with 1500 or less ATK that he controls from his deck, special summoning 2 more Wind-Up Snails. Chase overlays the 3 Wind-Up Snails to xyz summon Number 96: Dark Mist (ATK: 100 DEF: 1000). Next, Chase overlays Wind-Up Shark and Wind-Up Magician to xyz summon Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500).

Chase places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Now,” said Chase, “Come at me like you aren’t afraid to die.”

Alex knew that it was just best to ignore him if he wanted to remain calm and collected and win this duel.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex special summons Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit from his hand, as his opponent controls a monster while he doesn’t (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400). Next, Alex tributes Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit to special summon Hieratic Dragon of Su (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000). When Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit is tributed, Alex can special summon a normal Dragon-type monster from his deck, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Then, Alex tributes Hieratic Dragon of Su to special summon Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1600).

When Hieratic Dragon of Su is tributed, Alex can special summon a normal Dragon-type monster from his deck, choosing another Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord. Alex overlays both Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlords to xyz summon Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2400). Alex activates Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material, Alex can tribute any number of monsters he controls to destroy that many cards the opponent controls, tributing Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet to destroy Number 96: Dark Mist.

When Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet is tributed, Alex can special summon a normal Dragon-type monster from his deck, choosing another Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord. Alex then normal summons Dragunity Phalanx (ATK: 600 DEF: 1100). Alex tunes Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord with Dragunity Phalanx to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Quite the summoner,” said Diana. “I’ll just have to try and match that.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana activates the field spell Amazoness Village, having all Amazoness monsters gain 200 ATK. Next, she summons Amazoness Swords Woman (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1600) (ATK: 1500 -> 1700).

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Eli’s Turn: Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Drago (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1600). Eli attacks Amazoness Swords Woman, but Diana activates Amazoness Archers, switching all monsters her opponent controls into attack position, having them all lose 500 ATK (ATK: 3200 -> 2700, ATK: 3000 -> 2500, ATK: 1900 -> 1400), and forcing all of them to attack (minus Alex’s monsters, as it’s not his turn). The attack continues.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7700

Then, Diana activates Queen’s Pawn, special summoning an Amazoness monster from her deck when an Amazoness monster she controls destroys a monster by battle, choosing Amazoness Fighter (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300) (ATK: 1500 -> 1700).

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-7700 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“You idiot,” scolded Chase. “And I thought you were supposed to be this land’s guardian. With your skills, I’d think you were still a lowly drafter from New York.”

Eli was beyond pissed. Not only did he cause unnecessary damage to him and his friends, but he would not let Chase taint his legacy as the guardian and all that he stood to protect.

“Oh, did I touch a nerve?”

“Dream on, sweetheart.”

____________________________________

Chase’s Turn: Chase activates Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 96: Dark Mist from his graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material. Next, he activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field, including Amazoness Village (ATK: 1700 -> 1500) (ATK: 1700 -> 1500). Chase attacks Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Number 96: Black Mist. Chase activates Number 96: Dark Mist’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it when a battle involves this card, Chase can halve the ATK of the monster it’s battling and increase its ATK by the amount halved (ATK: 2700 -> 1350, ATK: 100 -> 1450). Nero, the Dragon Warlord can’t be destroyed by battle. Battle damage is applied normally.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 7700 -> 7600

Chase then attacks Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Chase activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, it gains 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 2000 -> 3000).

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 7600 -> 7100

Chase places 2 cards face down and ends his turn. During the end phase that Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect was used, it loses 2000 ATK (ATK: 3000 -> 1000).

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Knock ‘em dead, Alex!” called Rainbow Dash. She was followed by more cheers from Alex and Eli’s friends.

I’ve got family and friends to lose here, thought Alex. No way in hell am I going to give in now.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Then, he special summons Hieratic Dragon of Sutekh from his hand by banishing 3 normal dragon type monsters from his graveyard (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2000). Alex activates Hieratic Dragon of Sutekh’s effect. By removing a dragon type monster in his graveyard from play, Alex can destroy 1 card on the field, choosing one of Chase’s face down cards. Alex then normal summons Dragunity Partisan (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Alex tunes Hieratic Dragon of Sutekh with Dragunity Partisan to synchro summon Vergil, the Griffin Warlock (ATK: 2800 DEF: 3200). Next, Alex activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Hieratic Dragon of Su from his graveyard. Alex then activates the effect of Vergil, the Griffin Warlock. By paying 1000, life points Alex can set a spell or trap card from the graveyard.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 7100 -> 6100

Alex activates his face down Monster Reborn, special summoning Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit from his graveyard. Alex overlays Hieratic Dragon of Su with Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit to xyz summon Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2000). Alex attacks Number 96: Black Mist with Vergil, the Griffin Warlock. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by other Numbers, Number 96: Dark Mist isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6650

Alex then attacks Number 96: Dark Mist with Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 6650 -> 5700

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6100 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Now to cut down some of your monsters,” said Diana.

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana summons Amazoness Chain Master (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Diana overlays Amazoness Chain Master and Amazoness Fighter to xyz summon Number 123: Serpentine Wings (ATK: 1900 DEF: 2000). Diana activates Forbidden Chalice, increasing Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s ATK by 400 but negating its effect (ATK: 1350 -> 1750). Next, Diana equips Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Axe of Despair, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 1900 -> 2900). Diana attacks Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 6100 -> 4950

Diana ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5700 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Jeez, thought Eli. I’m the only one with cards in my hand, and that probably won’t even last that long. I need to find some way to get me and my partner some cards. Hopefully this combo will pan out.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Urnight (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Eli activates Koa’ki Meiru Urnight’s effect. By revealing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand, Eli can special summon a level 4 or lower Koa’ki Meiru monster from his deck, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1300). Next, he activates Reload, adding his hand to his deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the amount he added to his deck. Eli overlays Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose and Koa’ki Meiru Urnight to xyz summon Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200).

Eli activates Number 164: Crystalline Chimera’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Eli can destroy all spell and trap cards on the field, including Axe of Despair (ATK: 2900 -> 1900). Diana activates the effect of Axe of Despair, tributing Amazoness Swords Woman to add it to the top of her deck. Eli attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis. Chase activates Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ effect, detaching one xyz material from it to have it gain 1000 ATK during the battle phase (ATK: 1000 -> 2000).

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 5700 -> 5000

Eli then activates Double Summon, summoning one monster face down.

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4950 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Chase was upset that his ace monster was just destroyed and that he had no cards in his hand or on his field.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” mocked Eli. “Did I… bust a nerve?”

Chase, of all things, hated being talked down to like that. It brought back those painful memories.

____________________________________

In high school, Chase was always picked on by bullies and never taken seriously by any of his peers. One day the social isolation grew too much to bear. He stole his father’s gun, and went to behind an ally to paint the walls with his brains. Then, a mysterious man with blue hair stepped out of the shadows and took the gun from his hands. He then showed Chase the way; that he could become better than what he was, and that with his help, Chase would never be put down again.

____________________________________

And Chase was going to make sure that didn’t happen now.

____________________________________

Chase’s Turn: Chase activates his Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Chase then activates his Monster Reborn, special summoning Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis from the graveyard. Next, he equips Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Big Bang Shot, increasing its ATK by 400 and giving it the effect of piercing damage. Chase attacks Eli’s face down monster, which is a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600).

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 4950 -> 3150

When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, every player discards their hand and draws 5 cards from their deck. Chase summons one monster face down.

Chase places 3 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-3

____________________________________

“Eli,” said Alex. “Why did you do that? Now Chase and Diana have plenty of cards against us.”

“Yeah?” responded Eli. “So do we.”

Alex was surprised by his quick rebuttal

“You think I was going to allow you to go into your next turn without any sort of reinforcements? We have a duel to win, and we have friends and family to protect.”

Alex smiled. “Thanks partner.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Dragon Mastery, allowing Alex to equip a Dragon-type Dragunity monster onto a monster he controls and raise its ATK by 500, equipping Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern with Dragunity Brandistock (ATK: 2400 -> 2900). Then, Alex summons Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). When Dragunity Brandistock is equipped to a monster, it can attack twice during the battle phase. Alex attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern. Chase attempts to activate Negate Attack, but Alex activates Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it when a spell or trap card is activated during the battle phase, Alex can negate its activation and destroy it. The attack goes through.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 5000 -> 4400

Alex then attacks Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern, but Chase activates Shift, switching the attack target to his face down monster. Alex attempts to activate Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern’s effect again, but Chase activates Divine Wrath, discarding 1 card to negate the activation of a monster’s effect and destroy it. Alex then attacks Chase’s face down monster with Vergil, the Griffin Warlock.

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3150 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“You may think that giving your opponent more cards was a most generous act,” said Diana. “Now I’m going to show you that giving me cards in the process was your gravest mistake.”

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: Diana activates Lightning Vortex, discarding 1 card to destroy all monsters her opponent controls. Diana then equips Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Axe of Despair again (ATK: 1900 -> 2900). Diana summons Amazoness Paladin (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300). Diana activates the effect of Number 123: Serpentine Wings. By detaching one xyz material from it, the activation of all spell, trap, and monster effects on the field are negated when this card attacks. Diana attacks Alex and Eli directly with Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 3150 -> 250

Diana attacks Alex and Eli directly with Amazoness Paladin, but Eli activates Hallowed Life Barrier, discarding 1 card to bring all battle damage to 0.

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Eli had just filled the requirements. He remembered back to that afternoon when Eli was given the 7th Element of Harmony, and that he got two cards: Adligo and a new card that he never saw before. Now was the turn to summon it.

“It is done,” said Eli emotionlessly.

Everyone in the house gasped, fearing that Eli had given up. Chase and Diana smiled at thinking their victory was certain.

“Alex,” said Eli. “Will that face down card of yours negate the activation of a trap card?”

“Yes. Why?” asked Alex.

“Then it’s really done,” said Eli with a smirk.

Chase and Diana looked confused.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates his Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field. Diana attempts to activate Dark Bribe, but Alex activates Solemn Judgment, halving his life points to negate the activation of a trap card and destroy it.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 250 -> 125

Heavy Storm’s effect resolves, once again destroying Axe of Despair (ATK: 2900 -> 1900). Eli then special summons Elemental Guardian Celutera from his hand, as he has at least 1 WIND (Koa’ki Meiru Drago), 1 FIRE (Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose), 1 EARTH (Koa’ki Meiru Urnight), and 1 WATER (discarded Koa’ki Meiru Sea Panther) monster in his graveyard (ATK: 3500 DEF: 3500).

With Elemental Guardian Celutera’s effect, if Eli were to xyz summon a monster, Elemental Guardian Celutera can be used for the entire xyz summon. Eli overlays Elemental Guardian Celutera to xyz summon Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony (ATK: 4500 DEF: 4500). Eli activates Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Eli can inflict damage equal to the detached xyz material’s ATK.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 4400 -> 900

Eli then attacks Number 123: Serpentine Wings with Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 900 -> 0

Alex and Eli win.


The blast from the attack sent Chase and Eli flying backwards. Twilight knew that since the duel was over, their duel anchors should no longer be connected to Alex and Eli. She used a teleportation spell to send Chase and Diana outside the theater. She then rushed outside to cover the house in a protective aura before Chase and Diana could re-enter and try to take on anyone else. Twilight just began the spell when Chase, who was about twenty feet from the theater’s entrance, pulled a gun out and shot at Twilight. Fortunately, the barrier was already formed around Twilight at this point, so the bullet just bounced off of the barrier. Chase just watched as the barrier fully enveloped the theater, protecting her and her friends.

“I know,” said Chase to Diana. “Let’s burn their houses down. That will send them out.”

“Are you crazy?” asked Diana. “We’re already out after hours as it is. If Mark finds out that we were out last night burning buildings, he’ll make no qualms in severly punishing us. We keep our duel a secret, you understand me?” Chase grimaced.

“Understood,” he said quietly.

“I think this hunting has gone to your head,” said Diana.

They both silently ran back to their cavern.

____________________________________

“I’ve enveloped the theater in a protective aura,” said Twilight. “Nothing can get through it.”

“That means nothing will get out,” said Applejack. “Oh no! Apple Bloom! What if they go after my family next?”

“And my precious Sweetie Belle!” shouted Rarity.

Twilight then thought of an idea. She told Spike to write an urgent letter to Princess Luna, the active Princess during the nighttime, asking her to look out over Ponyville (specifically Twilight and her friends’ homes) to make sure nothing bad happened to them, also telling her about Chase and Diana’s break in. Spike sent the letter with his magic fire breath.

“It’s a good thing magic fire can penetrate a barrier spell,” said Twilight.

“So, we’re safe?” asked Applejack.

“Yes, we’re safe.”

There was a huge sigh of relief as everyone lied down. Rainbow Dash went and hugged Alex. “Why did you have to go and worry me like that?” she asked while choking up.

Alex laughed a little. “What? I couldn’t help it. I did the best I could. And hey, I’m alive aren’t I?”

“Yeah, I guess. You were awesome.”

“Thanks,” said Alex, “but if there’s anyone you should thank, it’s Eli. He’s the one that won the duel.”

Rainbow Dash stopped hugging Alex so she could hug Eli.

“Thanks for saving us, guardian.”

“Don’t mention it.”

Rainbow Dash went to talk to her other friends when Eli turned his duel disk back into his sword and slipped his gauntlet off. Sammy approached Eli and kissed him.

“You stupid asshole,” she sobbed. “Don’t worry me like that again.”

“No promises.”

Alex looked at Sammy and Eli. He was happy that Sammy found solace with someone other than him, but he was dismayed that their love couldn’t have come at a worse time.

____________________________________

The ponies decided to sleep with their human friends for extra comfort and protection. Twilight with Orion and Helena, Applejack with Maddie, Pinkie Pie with Lucas, Rarity and Braeburn with Scott and Zelda, Fluttershy with Charley, Spike with Sammy and Eli, and Rainbow Dash with Alex. Eli couldn’t sleep however.

Those Number hunters are really determined, thought Eli. All we’ve fought through and fought for has led to tomorrow morning. Either this war, for lack of a better term, ends tomorrow in our favor, or with evil ruling this land for eternity.

Eli prayed for the former.

PreviousChapters Next