• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: Underdog

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 61: Volcasaurus

Xyz Monster Rank: 5 ATK: 2500 DEF: 1000 Attribute: FIRE Type: Dinosaur

2 Level 5 monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy the target, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK. This card cannot attack your opponent directly during the turn you activate this effect.

Down the same road, Sammy and Spike were approaching the schoolyard from Ponyville. As they had done two years ago, they were as of that point undefeated and were seeking their next win. They hoped to find Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, seeking as high of a challenge as possible. As they climbed the final hill to where the school was perched, they saw Rarity and Braeburn walking away together.

They’re getting away, and they’re not who we want to duel just yet, thought Sammy. Let’s leave them be.

They got to the hill where the children were talking to Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle. However, of the three former Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sweetie Belle was the only one there. Well, thought Sammy, at least there’s someone here. They walked up to the fence, Spike giving a loud whistle with his claws, which brought Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle their attention.

“Oh, hi Sammy,” whispered Fluttershy, approaching the two. “Hi Spike.”

“‘Sup Fluttershy,” said Spike climbing the fence to be at eye level with the yellow pegasus. “How are you two doing?”

“Um… we’ve only won five matches,” quietly responded Fluttershy.

“That’s not too bad. Out of how many?”

“Twenty.” “Oh jeez. Sorry.”

“That’s okay. There’s still plenty of time left. How about you two?”

“We’ve won 10 out of 10,” said Spike wrapping Sammy’s neck with his arm.

“Wow, good for you.”

“How would you like to be our sixth?” asked Sweetie Belle hopping up towards the two.

Fluttershy tried in vain to protest, hoping to have Sweetie Belle settle for a team less proficient and that they could actually beat. Her protests were drowned out by the supporting cheers of the foals in the schoolyard.

“I guess so,” sighed Fluttershy. Spike jumped down from the fence while Sammy hopped over it. The others cheered at being able to see another duel today. They agreed upon a standard relay match.

Fluttershy tried to step forward. “I guess I’ll go-”

“I’m up!” cried Sweetie Belle taking her place.

“Oh, Sweetie. Do be careful.”

Fluttershy knew that Sweetie Belle was a decent duelist with much fervor, so she decided to let her go ahead. Spike ran ahead to take his spot as the first duelist for his team. The both of them unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy vs. Spike and Sammy

Round 1: Sweetie Belle vs. Spike

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle discards 1 card to special summon The Fabled Nozoochee (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Because the card Sweetie Belle discarded was The Fabled Ganashia, she can special summon it from her graveyard (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000). Next, Sweetie Belle normal summons Fabled Raven (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1000).

Sweetie Belle activates Fabled Raven’s effect. By discarding any number of cards, she can increase Fabled Raven’s level by 1 for each. She discards 1 (Lvl.: 2 -> 3). Because the card she discarded was The Fabled Peggulsus, she can set it in face down defense position. Sweetie Belle tunes The Fabled Nozoochee and The Fabled Ganashia with Fabled Raven to synchro summon Fabled Valkyrus (ATK: 2900 DEF: 1700).

Sweetie Belle places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Spike looked at his hand. He knew that he could summon a Number now, but knew he couldn’t because he knew Sweetie Belle didn’t have any; it wouldn’t be fair to use such a power like that if the other team didn’t have any.

“Go on!” cried Sweetie Belle. Spike lowered his hand to be able to see Sweetie Belle clearly. “Summon your Numbers!”

Spike was shocked to hear her say such a thing.

“What? But you don’t have any!” he yelled.

“I know. Just do it!”

“But I-”

“JUST DO IT!”

____________________________________

Spike’s Turn: Spike summons Evoltile Najasho (ATK: 100 DEF: 2000). Next, Spike activates Double Summon, tributing Evoltile Najasho to summon Evolsaur Darwinos (ATK: 2200 DEF: 700). When Evoltile Najasho is tributed, Spike can summon an Evolsaur monster from his deck, choosing another Evolsaur Darwinos. Spike overlays both Evolsaur Darwinos’ to xyz summon Number 61: Volcasaurus (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1000). Spike activates Number 61: Volcasaurus’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s original ATK, choosing Fabled Valkyrus. Sweetie Belle activates Braveheart, halving her life points to negate Number 61: Volcasaurus’ effect.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Spike then attacks Sweetie Belle’s face down The Fabled Peggulsus (ATK: 100 DEF: 1600). When The Fabled Peggulsus is flipped face up, Sweetie Belle can reveal a Fabled monster in her hand to send a Fabled monster from her deck to the graveyard.

Spike places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“That’s the ticket,” panted Sweetie Belle, recoving from the loss of her life points.

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle activates Fabled Valkyrus’ effect. By discarding one Fiend type monster, she can draw one card. Because she discarded the Fabled Cerburrel, she can special summon it from her graveyard (ATK: 1000 DEF: 400). Then, she activates Creature Swap, taking control of Number 61: Volcasaurus, while Spike takes control of Fabled Valkyrus. Sweetie Belle then normal summons Fabled Dyf (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1700). Sweetie Belle then activates the effect of Number 61: Volcasaurus. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s original ATK, choosing Fabled Valkyrus. Spike activates Damage Diet, halving all damage he takes this turn.

Spike’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2550

Spike then activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster he controls is destroyed. Sweetie Belle then attacks Spike directly with Fabled Dyf.

Spike’s Life Points: 2550 -> 1850

Sweetie Belle then attacks Spike directly with The Fabled Cerburrel.

Spike’s Life Points: 1850 -> 1350

Sweetie Belle tunes Fabled Dyf with The Fabled Cerburrel to synchro summon Fabled Ragin (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800). When Fabled Ragin is synchro summoned when Sweetie Belle has 1 or less cards in her hand, she can draw 2 cards.

Sweetie Belle places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Aw, no fair!” whined Sweetie Belle. “I could’ve won!”

“Yeah, you could’ve,” said Spike. “But it’s no wonder why Sammy and I are so good at winning: because you didn’t.”

____________________________________

Spike’s Turn: Spike summons Evoltile Casinerio (ATK: 1600 DEF: 400). Then, he activates Evo-Force, tributing Evoltile Casinerio to special summon Evolsaur Elias from his deck (ATK: 100 DEF: 2400). When Evolsaur Elias is special summoned by the effect of an Evoltile monster, Spike can special summon a level 6 or lower Evolsaur from his hand, choosing Evolsaur Terias (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600). Spike overlays Evolsaur Terias and Evolsaur Elias to xyz summon Evolzar Solda (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1000).

Spike places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-1350 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle activates Dark World Dealings, having both players draw 1 card and then discard it. Sweetie Belle activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Fabled Dianaira (ATK: 2800 DEF: 100). Spike activates Evolzar Solda’s effect. By detaching one xyz material, Spike can negate the special summoning of a monster and destroy it, destroying Fabled Dianaira.

Sweetie Belle ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Spike began brimming with excitement, for he was about to summon a monster he had never summoned before.

____________________________________

Spike’s Turn: Spike activates his face down quick-play spell Dxyz, sending Evolzar Solda to the extra deck to special summon its attached xyz materials, summoning Evolsaur Elias. Spike then activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he activates his Monster Reborn, special summoning Jurrac Dino (ATK: 1700 DEF: 800) from the graveyard.

Next, he normal summons Jurrac Ptera (ATK: 800 DEF: 1500). Spike then activates his trap Level Returner, reducing Jurrac Ptera’s level by 2 (Lvl.: 3 -> 1). Spike tunes Evolsaur Elias and Jurrac Ptera with Jurrac Dino to synchro summon Jurrac Meteor (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2000). When Jurrac Meteor is synchro summoned, all cards on the field are destroyed. After that, Spike can special summon a tuner from his graveyard, choosing Jurrac Dino. Spike attacks Sweetie Belle directly.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 2000 -> 300

Spike places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1350 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Spike was celebrating his first ever summoning of Jurrac Meteor as Sweetie Belle, made her next move, nearly ignoring her as she did.

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards.

Sweetie Belle places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-0 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

Spike’s Turn: Spike summons Jurrac Stauriko (ATK: 500 DEF: 400). Spike tunes Jurrac Stauriko with Jurrac Dino to synchro summon Jurrac Velphito (ATK: ? DEF: ?). When Jurrac Velphito is synchro summoned, its ATK becomes the sum of the ATK of its synchro materials and its DEF becomes the sum of the defense of the synchro materials (ATK: 1700 + 500 = 2200, DEF: 800 + 400 = 1200). Spike attacks Sweetie Belle directly with Jurrac Velphito, but Sweetie Belle activates Draining Shield, negating the attack and gaining life points equal to the monster’s ATK.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 300 -> 2500

Spike ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1350 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Spike’s previously cheery demeanor soon turned into confusion, and then nervousness, he had come so close to rendering Sweetie Belle’s life points to 0, and now she had more than half the full amount. Sweetie Belle had seriously gotten better with age, and it would be her next turn that proved it.

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning Fabled Valkyrus from the graveyard. Sweetie Belle activates Fabled Valkyrus’ effect. By discarding one Fiend type monster, she can draw one card. Sweetie Belle equips Fabled Valkyrus with Axe of Despair, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 2900 -> 3900). Sweetie Belle attacks Jurrac Velphito. Spike activates Invincible Hero, negating Jurrac Velphito’s destruction. Battle damage is applied normally.

Spike’s Life Points: 1350 -> 0

Sweetie Belle wins the round.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Spike will switch with Sammy, and will pass Jurrac Velphito on to her.

____________________________________

Spike sadly ran over to Sammy and passed her his card. Sammy held out her palm towards Spike before he could walk away. This obvious gesture cheered up Spike significantly as he high fived her and ran back to the sit on the fencepost to watch the rest of the duel.

____________________________________

Round 2: Sammy vs. Sweetie Belle

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates Card Destruction, having both players send their hands to the graveyard and draw cards equal to the amount they discarded. Sammy then special summons Laval Coatl from her hand, as she has 3 different Laval monters in her graveyard (ATK: 1300 DEF: 700). She is able to special summon Laval Burner from her hand because she has 3 different Laval monsters in her graveyard (ATK: 2100 DEF: 100). Next, Sammy normal summons Neo Flamvell Garuda (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1800).

Sammy tunes Neo Flamvell Garuda with Laval Coatl to synchro summon Lavalval Dragon (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1100). Sammy overlays Lavalval Dragon, Laval Burner, and Jurrac Velphito to xyz summon Number 180: Magmal Fighter (ATK: 2000 DEF: 200). Sammy activates Magmal Fighter’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material, she can destroy one card on the field and inflict 500 points of damage, choosing Call of the Haunted.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 2500 -> 2000

Because Call of the Haunted is destroyed, Fabled Valkyrus is sent to the graveyard. Sammy places 1 card face down. Sammy attacks Sweetie Belle directly with Number 180: Magmal Fighter.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 2000 -> 0

Sammy wins the round.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Sweetie Belle will switch with Fluttershy, and will pass nothing on to her.

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle walked to the back by the crowd to watch Fluttershy finish the duel off.

“Are you okay, Sweetie Belle?” asked a light coated filly with a red frizzled mane and tail and purple glasses.

“I just wish Rarity could be there to see that.

Suddenly, a hoof tapped her shoulder. Upon turning around, she saw Rarity and Braeburn behind her. Sweetie Belle hugged her sister.

“I saw the whole thing,” said Rarity. “I’m so proud of you.”

“Thanks sis,” replied Sweetie Belle.

Fluttershy was ready to face Sammy. “Just like two years ago, eh Fluttershy?”

“Yeah… right,” she nervously responded.

“Come on,” Sammy chided. “You think you’re going to beat those Number hunters with that attitude?

Fluttershy suddenly remembered the way Ryan dueled against Alex, or hearing about Derpy, Little Strongheart, and the Flim Flam brothers.

“Those big. Dumb. MEANIES!” she shrieked.

Sammy knew she got the Fluttershy she was fit to duel again.

____________________________________

Final Round: Fluttershy vs. Sammy

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy summons Naturia Spiderfang (ATK: 2100 DEF: 400).

Fluttershy places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates Number 180: Magmal Fighter. By detaching one xyz material from it, Sammy can destroy one card on the field and inflict 500 points of damage, choosing Naturia Spiderfang, but Fluttershy activates Divine Wrath, discarding 1 card to negate the effect of Number 180: Magmal Fighter and destroys it. Sammy then summons Laval Lancelord without tribute (ATK: 2200 DEF: 200). Sammy attacks Naturia Spiderfang, but Fluttershy activates Negate Attack.

Sammy places 1 card face down and ends her turn. During the end phase, because Laval Lancelord was summoned without tribute, it is sent to the graveyard.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

That’s it, Fluttershy, thought Sammy. Come at me.

____________________________________

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy summons Naturia Pumpkin (ATK: 1400 DEF: 800). When Naturia Pumpkin is summoned while her opponent controls a monster, she can special summon a Naturia monster from her hand, choosing Naturia Tulip (ATK: 600 DEF: 1500). Fluttershy tunes Naturia Spiderfang with Naturia Tulip to synchro summon Naturia Barkion (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1800). Fluttershy attacks Sammy directly with Naturia Barkion.

Sammy’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1500

Fluttershy then attacks Sammy directly with Naturia Pumpkin.

Sammy’s Life Points: 1500 -> 100

Fluttershy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Sammy saw herself in quite a predicament. She had no monsters on her field and just as many cards in her hand. Her life points were also 3900 below her opponents. She needed to draw just one good card in order to turn the tide in her favor.

____________________________________

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates her Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she activates her face down Rekindling, special summoning as many FIRE monsters with 200 DEF from her graveyard as possible, special summoning Laval Lancelord, Tender of the Laval Volcano (ATK: 100 DEF: 200), Neo Flamvell Sabre (ATK: 1500 DEF: 200), and Laval Lady of the Burning Lake (ATK: 200 DEF: 200). Sammy tunes Laval Lancelord and Tender of the Laval Volcano to synchro summon Laval Stannon (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800).

When Laval Stannon is synchro summoned, Sammy discards one card. Sammy then tunes Neo Flamvell Sabre with Laval Lady of the Burning Lake to synchro summon Ancient Flamvell Deity (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200). Sammy overlays Ancient Flamvell Deity and Laval Stannon to xyz summon Lavell Hydra (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Because the card Sammy discarded earlier was Laval Phlogis, all Laval monsters gain 300 ATK. Lavell Hydra can be treated as a Laval card (ATK: 3000 -> 3300). Sammy then activates Lavell Hydra’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, Sammy can negate the effect of one monster on the field and halve its ATK, choosing Naturia Barkion (ATK: 2500 -> 1250).

Then, Sammy activates the effect of Laval Lady of the Burning Lake from her graveyard. By removing it and another Laval monster in her graveyard from play when she has 3 other Laval monsters in her graveyard, she can destroy one set card on the field, choosing Fluttershy’s face down card. Sammy then activates her trap Xyz Reborn, special summoning Number 180: Magmal Fighter from her graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn as xyz material. Sammy then activates her spell Gift of the Martyr, sending Number 180: Magmal Fighter to the graveyard to have Lavell Hydra gain ATK equal to the ATK of Number 180: Magmal Fighter (ATK: 3300 -> 5300). Sammy attacks Naturia Barkion with Lavell Hydra.

Fluttershy’s Life Points: 4000 -> 0

Sammy wins the round.

Spike and Sammy win the match.

____________________________________

The foals cheered to see the end of such an exciting match. Fluttershy got up after the powerful attack knocked her down. Sammy even ran to help her up in a friendly gesture as to signify the duel, as heated as it got, was merely fun and nothing more.

“You okay?” asked Sammy.

“Oh yes. Just fine,” Fluttershy quietly responded. “Thank you.”

“You two were both splendid,” said Rarity to both Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy.

“Oh hi Rarity,” said Spike, who was still shy around his crush.

Rarity, knowing of his crush, was unsure of how to address him knowing that she was now officially “dating” Braeburn.

“Good morning, Spike,” she nervously sputtered.

“I can’t recall ever dueling you two yet,” said Sammy. “Wanna have a go?”

“Sounds great,” agreed Braeburn.

Sammy and Spike set out apart from each other and Rarity and Braeburn. Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle, who were content at this point knowing that they more than likely wouldn’t make it to the finals, decided to sit back and enjoy the duel.

PreviousChapters Next