• Published 26th May 2017
  • 682 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 682

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: High in the Sky

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 164: Crystalline Chimera

Xyz Monster Rank: 4 ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200 Attribute: EARTH Type: Winged-Beast

2 Level 4 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field.

In the inside of a jewel encrusted cave where the Vegas Bureau was now making its residence, Ryan was sitting in his bed in a t-shirt and jeans looking at the brochure for the tournament that was going to happen in Equestria in a few days. In their timeline, they have mastered subspace technology through their D-Pads. Sometimes, Number hunting would involve going to a world where there weren’t many places to rest comfortably, so they would download beds and other things onto their D-Pad and materialize them into existence once again. This process also saved much space in clothes, personal effects, and transportation if needed. Ryan examined the rules:

Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition

Beginning one week from today, registration for the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition will commence. Rulebooks concerning the game being played will be handed out by various vendors in the towns of Equestria. Registry for a deck, duel disk, a scooter for riding duels, and free housing for your stay in the tournament will cost 10 gold coins. A ball will also be held the evening before the competition starts, so dress sharp.

Rules for the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition

1. Competitors must duel in teams of two; no exceptions.

2. The competition is eligible to all ages, genders, breeds, and species.

3. Each team member has 5 Monster and 5 Spell/Trap card zones.

4. There are two sides of the playing field, with a team of two occupying 1 side.

5. Each player uses their own decks.

6. Each team shares 1 graveyard (1 graveyard per team).

7. Each team is given 8000 life points at the start of a duel. If a team’s life points reach 0, then they lose the duel.

8. Teammates can’t control another teammate’s monster. With permission from their teammate, however, they can use another teammate’s monster(s) to assist in a tribute summon, special summon, ritual summon, fusion summon, synchro summon, or xyz summon. Any other non-standard controlling of a teammate’s monster is prohibited.

9. No teammate can declare a direct attack unless there are no monsters on the opposing team’s side of the field.

10. There can only be 1 field spell active on the field at a time.

11. Each teammate can have 3 or less copies of any given card in their deck or extra deck (6 copies of any given card per team).

12. Teammates can talk amongst each other, compare hands, and share information with each other as long as it doesn’t break sub-rule iii of rule 13.

13. Any of the following instances and practices before, during, or after any duel will result in an immediate expulsion from the competition:

i. Stacking the deck

ii. Having four or more copies of the same card in your deck

iii. Looking at the hand/deck of an opponent that wasn’t allowed by a card effect (if a player forces/tricks you into seeing their hand/deck if it wasn’t allowed by a card effect, it will result in their immediate expulsion)

iv. Turning off the auto-shuffle function on the duel disk

v. Drawing extra cards than instructed from a card’s effect/draw phase.

vi. Marking your cards

vii. Shuffling cards in your graveyard

viii. Breaking Rule 8 (not to be confused with viii in this list)

ix. Bullying, harassing, etc.

x. (For Riding Duels Only) Intentionally incapacitating an opponent (by means of tripping, rough physical contact, etc.).

xi. (For Riding Duels Only) Intentionally keeping a far distance from and/or evading your opponent (there is a 200 foot maximum distance of which you are to be separated; 400 foot maximum distance for duels involving 2 flyers).

xii. (For Riding Duels Only) Not following the intended circuit (this doesn’t apply to duels involving 2 flyers).



14. Duels will take place over the course of a 24 hour period, starting at midnight and ending at midnight the next morning. You should duel as much as possible. The finals will consist of 8 teams competing in a bracket. Placement in the finals will be determined the following morning at 10 AM day by the amount of wins over losses that each team makes in that time period. You cannot duel any given team more than once. If 8 or more teams by chance tie for best winning/loss record, placement in the finals will be chosen through lottery.

15. Before a match starts, the teams can choose and agree to play in one of four ways:

A. Standard Doubles: Two on two play that follows the above rules.

B. Relay: Follows the same basic principles of normal one on one dueling. Starts as a one on one battle, with the two starting players starting with 4000 life points. When one teammate’s life points hits 0, the other teammate continues the duel with 4000 life points using whatever cards were on their teammate’s field when they lost in the exact positions they were in when their life points reached 0. Teammates can also switch at any time during their turn, using whatever cards were on their teammate’s field when they switched in the exact positions they were in when they switched. Switching can only happen once per duel. If a teammate voluntarily switches, the next round will begin on the switched team's turn in the phase during which they switched. Teammates cannot share decks, hands, or graveyards during the match/switch. The teammates can still share information with each other as long as it doesn’t break sub-rule iii of rule 13. If the second duelist’s life points reach 0, they lose the match.

C. Standard Doubles (Riding): Follows the basic principles of standard doubles mode, but will be played with the field spell Speed World 2. This cannot be removed, destroyed, replaced, nor can the effects of it be negated. Each teammate must be in continuous motion throughout the duel (by running, flying, or use of a vehicle) and must maintain a speed of at least a canter down a continuous and easy to follow circuit. A pause or reduction in speed for over a minute from any teammate will result in that team forfeiting the match. If any teammate is unable to adhere to the rules of Rule 15 Mode C, either because of physical/natural/health complications, they don’t have the cards necessary, or any other reason, they cannot play in modes C or D.

D. Relay (Riding): Follows the basic principles of relay mode, but using riding duel elements shown in Rule 15 Mode C.

Rules for the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition Finals

1. Follow the rules of 1 – 13 in Rules for the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition.

2. If a team loses a match, they are ineligible to continue playing in the tournament.

3. Before a match starts, one of the four modes in Rule 14 will be chosen at random. The teams who will conduct in a riding duel must be required to fly (special modifications will be made to ensure that those who can’t fly can).

4. The winning team of the tournament will be eligible to compete against the rulers of Equestria, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in a standard doubles match. If the team defeats Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in that duel, they will be granted one wish. Losing against them will not affect their status of their place in the tournament.

Ryan looked around at the cave walls, which were littered with gems of various colors. “How much do you think these gems are worth?” he asked.

“Why do you ask?” asked Chase.

“It says we need a fee to enter this tournament, and we don’t have any money for this world, but I suppose that we could get something from the gems in here.”

“Don’t you think they’d have the same value in our world?” asked Chase. “I mean, they are gemstones.”

“Well, they can’t be too valuable,” said Ryan. “I saw some purple dragon yesterday chomping them down like potato chips. If these gems serve as food to the creatures here, then what kind of value is there in that?”

Unbeknownst to them, they were being spied on.

“Look at all those gems,” whispered a high pitched, raspy, nasally voice.

“There must be hundreds of them!” said another.

Diana was finishing bathing in a pool of water that was in the cave.

“It’s amazing how pristine the water is here,” she said, “especially in these caves.”

She got dressed in a white turtleneck and black pants with a pair of sturdy slip-ons.

“As happy as I am about your amazing bath-time experiences,” said Chase annoyed, “we need a way to apply to that tournament.”

Diana scoffed him off. She didn’t notice the eyeball spying on them through the cave wall as she walked on top of it to her bed. Suddenly, a grayish brown dog like creature wearing a red vest popped out of the ground screaming with his hand over his eye. Diana was quick on her feet and kicked the dog in the groin causing it to fall over in pain. A shorter dog like creature with a more bulldog-like appearance popped through the hole.

“Rover,” it said. “What happened?”

Ryan grabbed the dog by the scruff and slammed it down on the ground. He then turned it over onto its back, held him by its collar and held his free fist 6 inches above the dogs face, ready to strike if he did anything funny. Another dog then came out of the hole. It was much larger than the other two and had grayish blue fur. It lunged at Diana, who easy stopped his charge by using its momentum to flip the dog over onto its back, which seemed to cause it a great deal of pain. She then ran over to it, sat on its throat on her knees and put a gun thrown to her by Chase against the creature’s temple.

“Please don’t kill me,” whimpered the blue dog.

“Why not? You invade our temporary home, and then you attack us.”

She then dug the gun deeper into his head, causing the dog to whimper in fright.

“Wait,” said Ryan, letting go of the bulldog creature and kneeling next to the red vested one. Chase turned his aim on the bulldog. The only thing keeping the red vested dog from jumping Ryan was his deathly stare. “See these gems?”

“Yeah,” said the blue dog carefully as to not say something that would cause the woman with the gun from killing it.

“Do you know how much their value is?”

“I do,” said the dog with the red vest.

Chase aimed his gun at it, causing it to sigh and raise its arms in surrender. “Yeah? How much?”

“We covet them, yes?”

“That’s not a number,” said Ryan getting agitated.

“What do you want? We can try to supply it to you,” said the red vested dog.

“Coins.”

“Huh?”

“Gold coins. We need at least forty to enter that tournament in Ponyville.”

“That’s it?” said the red vested dog feeling relieved at the simplicity of this bargain.

“You say you covet these gems, so how about this,” said Ryan. “You can have all of the gems here in this cave for all of the gold coins in your possession, but if the amount of coins you have doesn’t add up to forty, we paint these walls with your blood.”

All three dogs got scared of the prospect of dying. “Second, if you make any attempts at resisting us, we paint these walls with your blood.”

“Alrighty. It’s a deal,” said the red vested dog nervously. “We shall get those coins for you in a jiffy.”

Diana dismounted the large blue one. Chase also lowered his weapon at the bulldog.

The three disappeared down the hole.

____________________________________

“We have to duel nonstop for twenty-four hours?” asked Sammy with her human and pony friends down a dirt road to the top of the mountain where she faced Trixie and Gilda for the first time.

“Good luck if you can get me to last eight hours.”

“It’s apparently something to help build your endurance,” said Rainbow Dash. “So can someone tell me why we’re going to the top of this mountain?” asked Eli.

“I’m going to teach you about the awesomeness that is riding duels,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Riding duels?”

“Yeah,” said Pinkie Pie bouncing up next to them. “They’re super fun!”

“What isn’t fun with you?” tiredly asked Eli.

Pinkie Pie just giggled at his question. Once they arrived at the top, Eli stood close enough to the edge as comfortably possible.

“Would you look at that view.”

He saw the open plains that made up a large part of Equestria and the whole of Ponyville in the center of it all. It was certainly an amazing sight to behold. Of a sudden, a large bird around five feet swooped up from the cliff’s edge and landed next to the group. Spike hadn’t actually seen the fully evolved form of pidgey before and cowered behind Sammy.

“What is that thing?” he asked frightened.

“I agree,” asked Eli matching Spike’s fear, “what the hell is that?”

Fluttershy flew up to it and rubbed its plumage with her hoof.

“This is a pidgeot,” she said quaintly. “It’s a creature from Lamss’ homeward.”

The bird then walked up to the frightened Eli and rubbed its head against Eli’s stomach.

“I think it likes you,” giggled Fluttershy.

Eli then tried to comfort it by stroking down its neck with both hands. It seemed to do the trick, as the pidgeot decided to stand by Eli for the rest of the day.

"Well, I'll be damned," sighed Eli at the mejestic sight of the bird.

“Now that that’s out of the way,” said Rainbow Dash, “let’s talk about riding duels.”

____________________________________

There really wasn’t much to explain here, just a quick run-through of Speed World 2 and giving Eli some speed spells to duel with and that was it.

“Cool,” said Eli. “Who am I facing?”

Rainbow Dash then flew out 20 ft away from the mountain. “Me!” she said. “Just try to keep up.”

She then flew away.

“Wait!” he called. “How am I supposed to catch up if I can’t fly?”

Suddenly he felt a grip at his waist, and saw the pidgeot’s talons wrapped around them.

“Woah, what the fu-”

“You’ll probably need this,” said Sammy tossing Eli his duel disk.

He put it on his wrist.

“Good luck!”

On those words the pidgeot flew up into the air while Eli screamed for dear life. The pidgeot then dove down picking up speed. Eli tried to scream more but he was out of breath. The bird then leveled itself and Eli so that Eli’s stomach was facing the ground far below him. He then extended his arms out to his sides.

“Holy shit, I’m flying!” whispered Eli. "I'm flying, Jack!" he screamed in delight.

“Glad to see that you caught up,” said Rainbow Dash. “Ready to go now?”

“You know it,” said Eli smiling.

He unsheathed his duel disk and drew 5 cards, hanging on to them for dear life. Rainbow Dash did the same.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Rainbow Dash vs. Eli

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:1 E:0 Rainbow Dash summons Gusto Gulldo in defense position.

Rainbow Dash places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Eli’s Turn: RD:1 E:1 Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Bergzak (ATK: 2000 DEF: 200). Eli attacks Gusto Gulldo. When Gusto Gulldo is sent from the field to the graveyard, Rainbow Dash can special summon a level 2 or lower Gusto monster from her deck, choosing Gusto Egul in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 400). With Koa’ki Meiru Bergzak’s effect, when it destroys a monster by battle, it can attack again.

Eli attacks Gusto Egul. When Gusto Egul is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, Rainbow Dash can special summon a level 4 or lower non tuner Gusto monster from her deck, choosing Gusto Thunbolt in defense position (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1200). Eli attacks again with Koa’ki Meiru Bergzak. When Gusto Thunbolt is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, she can special summon a Gusto monster with 1500 or less DEF from her deck, choosing Windaar, Sage of Gusto (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1000).

Eli places 1 card face down. During the end phase, Eli must discard an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru or reveal a Warrior-type monster in his hand or he must destroy Koa’ki Meiru Bergzak. He reveals a Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord.

Eli ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:2 E:2 Rainbow Dash summons another Gusto Egul. Rainbow Dash tunes Windaar, Sage of Gusto with Daigusto Egul to synchro summon Daigusto Eguls (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). Next, Rainbow Dash activates the trap Blessings for Gusto, sending 2 Gusto monsters from her graveyard to her deck to special summon another Gusto monster from her graveyard, choosing Windaar, Sage of Gusto. Daigusto Eguls attacks Koa’ki Meiru Bergzak.

Eli’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3400

Rainbow Dash attacks Eli directly with Windaar, Sage of Gusto.

Eli’s Life Points: 3400 -> 1400

Rainbow Dash places 1 card face down. During her end phase, Rainbow Dash can remove from play 1 WIND monster from her graveyard to destroy one face down card, destroying Eli’s face down card.

Rainbow Dash ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Eli’s Turn: RD:3 E:3 Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Urnight (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Once per turn, he can reveal an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand to special summon a Koa’ki Meiru monster from his deck, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Tornado (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1200). Eli then activates Koa’ki Meiru Tornado’s effect, returning an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru to the top of his deck to destroy all special summoned monsters his opponent controls. Eli overlays Koa’ki Meiru Tornado with Koa’ki Meiru Urnight to xyz summon Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200). Eli then activates its effect. By removing one xyz material from it, all spells and trap cards on the field are destroyed. Eli attacks Rainbow Dash, directly.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1300

Next, Eli activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1.

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:4 E:4 Rainbow Dash activates her Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. When Gusto Grif is discarded from her hand, she can special summon a Gusto monster from her deck, choosing Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1400). Next, Rainbow Dash summons another Gusto Egul. Rainbow Dash tunes Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto with Gusto Egul to synchro summon Daigusto Grif (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1300). Then, Rainbow Dash activates the speed spell Overboost, gaining 4 speed counters (SpC.: 4 -> 8).

Rainbow Dash activates Daigusto Grif’s effect. By removing 8 speed counters ( 8 -> 0), she can remove from play materials listed on a WIND synchro monster in her extra deck and special summon it (this is counted as a synchro summon), removing from play Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto and Gusto Egul to special summon Daigusto Sphreeze (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1300). When Daigusto Sphreeze is synchro summoned, Rainbow Dash can add a Gusto monster from her graveyard to her hand, choosing Gusto Grif. Rainbow Dash tunes Daigusto Sphreeze with Daigusto Grif to accel synchro Sonic Rainboom Phoenix (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2500).

Rainbow Dash attacks Number 164: Crystalline Chimera, but Eli activates Mirror Force, destroying Sonic Rainboom Phoenix. During the end phase of the turn Sonic Rainboom Phoenix was destroyed by an opponent’s card, Rainbow Dash can remove one WIND synchro monster in her graveyard from play to special summon Sonic Rainboom Phoenix from her graveyard and inflict damage equal to half of the ATK of the banished monster, choosing Daigusto Eguls.

Eli’s Life Points: 1400 -> 100

Rainbow Dash ends her turn. Because of Overboost’s effect, Rainbow Dash’s speed counters become 1 at the end phase (SpC.: 0 -> 1).

Status: Hand-2 Life-1300 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Eli’s Turn: RD:2 E:5 Eli activates Synchro Defuse, taking control of Sonic Rainboom Phoenix. Eli attacks Rainbow Dash directly with Number 164: Crystalline Chimera.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 1300 -> 0

Eli wins.

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash and the pidgeot carrying Eli flew up to the edge of the cliff where their friends were watching.

“You’re getting really good at this,” said Rainbow Dash to Eli. “I can see why you’d be chosen as the guardian of Equestria.”

Eli smirked and said, “For someone who could inflict 3900 points of damage to me without the use of a single Number is pretty damn impressive too.”

Rainbow Dash blushed at Eli’s compliment.

“Well, I’d reckon that this here guardian is ready for the competition,” said Applejack lightly punching his back with her hoof.

The pidgeot was rubbing the side of its head against the shoulder blade that Applejack hit in admiration.

“I think it really likes you,” said Fluttershy in amazement. Sammy then handed Eli a Poké Ball.

“I think it wants you to be its trainer,” said Sammy.

Eli took the Poké Ball. “So… what am I supposed to-”

Before he could finish his answer, the pidgeot poked the white button in the middle of the pokéball, opening it, and causing the pidgeot to turn into a translucent red aura that went inside the pokéball, greatly surprising Eli. When all of the aura finally fit, the pokéball shut closed. The button was glowing red for a second as it wiggled in Eli’s hand, but the button stopped glowing and the ball rest still in Eli’s hand.

“Congrats,” said Sammy patting his back. “You just caught your first pokémon.”

Down below the mountain, Ryan looked up at the cliff by which Rainbow Dash and Eli dueled. He then walked back into the entrance of the cave where he and his comrades would be temporarily living. The dog creatures were just finishing ridding the cave of all gems and jewels. In a large pile was a mountain of gold coins, surely enough to enter the competition.

“I hope this satisfies you,” said the red vested one.

“Yes, this is perfect,” said Diana coldly. “You have just saved your lives. Now take the jewels and get the hell out of my sight.”

They did so wordlessly.

“There was a duel outside,” said Ryan to Diana. “That cyan pegasus and the Eli guy we met two days ago were having a riding duel in the air. That Eli guy seems to have a pretty strong hold of his Numbers.”

“Then we’ll be sure to keep an eye on him,” said Diana.

Mark entered the cave, having gone on a long walk. He then saw the gold coins.

“What’s going on here?” he asked threateningly.

Diana picked up a handful of the gold coins.

“We just made a little trade,” she said putting the coins in his pocket.

PreviousChapters Next