• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 45: The Battle of Canterlot

Inverz looked out at the mountains where the train would come from the balcony of what used to be Princess Celestia and Princess Luna’s palace. He didn’t want to put his army too far away from the castle as then the train would arrive with no opposition. He didn’t want to spend most of his attention on the train or Eli’s army would just plow themselves into the castle. Inverz decided to play “a great defense makes a great offence” strategy.

All he knew that he needed one of the armies, whether it be Eli’s or Princess Celestia’s, to fall and leave a window to allow him to attack Ponyville and force a retreat on the armies. Inverz’ army was enough to rival the princesses’ power long ago. Had it not been for the elements of harmony, he would have probably won back then, but all of the elements were in his possession. How would a few measly humans be able to turn the tide? Diana came up to Inverz, who sat on a throne to have a perfect seat to watch the chaos unfold beneath him. She poured an amber liquid into a snifter glass from a silver decanter.

“This should be good fun,” said Inverz confidently. He took a sip of his drink.

“I say, what is this wonderful drink?”

“That’s brandy, my lord.”

“Excellent. Keep it coming. I love a good drink while watching a slaughter.”

Diana left the decanter on the table next to Inverz in case he needed more. Soon, a billow of fog came rolling out over the mountains, engulfing the mountains in a thick, white blanket. Inverz stood up. He looked over at a large number of winged humanoid bat creatures standing along the castle balconies waiting for his order to attack.

Eli and his army came up from a narrow canyon-like path, the passing of which would allow the near sighting of the city. The ground forces stood eagerly, awaiting their attack. Eli immediately stopped, bringing the march of his army to a halt.

“Wait,” said Shining Armor. “Shouldn’t we advance?”

“No,” said Eli. “This is the perfect spot. I saw this in a movie once.”

“What’s a movie?”

“I’ll explain later.”

____________________________________

Inverz laughed as he watched Eli stopped at the narrow path. Now my army will just ram through them like a hammer through wood.

Inverz remained patient. He would attack when he got a clear visual of the train. He didn’t have to wait long. Only two minutes after waiting he saw the train rolling out of the fog with a large number of pegasi flying straight towards the castle or flying alongside the train. Alex and his friends were each standing on top of a train car, armed and prepared to fight.

____________________________________

Zelda had dispatched the two Vegas that came at her with quick stabs in the throat, having almost forgotten about the scalpel. Plus, she would need more than one handgun and clip to take on a group of these interdimensional agents. She took a gun from one of the dead agents, took the clip from the gun of the other agent and put it in her pocket. She knew that beyond the doors where the two agents came from, there would more than likely be more agents. She was armed as she possibly could be. Now she must strike.

____________________________________

Eli ordered a phalanx formation of shields and spears on the front line.

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” said Shining Armor.

“Positive,” said Eli.

“Eeyup,” said Big Macintosh, vouching for Eli.

“Just follow my orders,” said Eli, “and most of us will get out of this thing alive.”

____________________________________

The train neared closer. In about fifteen minutes, it would reach the tunnel to the secret underground station in Canterlot. Everyone tightened the grips on their weapons.

____________________________________

Zelda stood at the entrance to the room where she would face off dozens of Vegas agents. She then put herself in position to kick the door down.

____________________________________

Inverz took a breath.

“Attack,” he said.

Despite its faintness, his legion seemed to hear him clearly, as the bat creatures began to fly towards the train and Celestia’s fleet, and the ground army charged at Eli’s army.

____________________________________

“Boy,” said a Vegas agent to another in the room that Zelda was about to storm, “I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when they try to come in here and we jump them. They won’t know what hit them!”

Frankly, neither would he.

____________________________________

“Ready,” called Eli, the army being only feet in front of them. When they were twenty feet in front of them, Eli ordered, “Push!”

The army collided with the shields of Eli’s army.

____________________________________

A bat creature swooped in to dispatch Alex and his friends. But Alex was prepared. With one swing of his axe, he beheaded the bat creature. He knew there was more to come now. Ryan began shooting at more with a pistol.

____________________________________

Zelda kicked the door in. Several agents began to aim their weapons at Zelda, but she noticed that they were doing it slowly, as if there was a lag of some sort.

“I hope this will help you,” said the voice of Lunar Wolf Spirit.

Zelda now felt more than confident that she would be alright now.

“Fly, Zelda, fly!”

As quick as lightning, Zelda aimed her two guns at the agents who were closest to locking their aim, and fired.

____________________________________

Eli knew this plan of his would work. In the graphic novel 300 (or the movie in Eli’s case) the Spartan armies held their ground at a narrow goat’s path, forcing the massive Persian armies, who the Spartans were facing, to converge as they got closer to the path, dwindling the number of soldiers the Spartans had to face head on. Equipped with superior military prowess and skill, the Spartans easily dispatched the Persian armies. Eli recognized the brilliance of the strategy, and decided to employ it here. The front line of ponies began spearing the enemy warriors, while their shields protected them from all of their attacks. Eli and his army pushed their way through the army, advancing every step aof the way. As their tightly packed phalanx began to dwindle in size, Eli and the ponies began to have a field day on the other army.

____________________________________

Alex watched as the bats collided with several pegasi, casualties amounting on both ends. The pegasi couldn’t hold back all of the bats as they spilled onto the roofs of the cars. Alex took on several of them with his axe, being careful to dodge their sharp claws and wings which could enter a victim like a spear, as Alex saw with an unfortunate pegasus. Wings, limbs, and heads were flying around Alex as he ignored the occasional slash a bat would land on him. Most of the bats tried to take Sammy on, as she was the least protected. Fatal mistake. Sammy slaughtered her slew of bats with very few swings of her sword. Such a natural, thought Alex. Spike also covered her back, torching bats with his dragon breath. Maddie seemed to have the most difficult time, as her weapon was strictly short range. However, she was agile enough to avoid being hit, yet strong enough to destroy any bat unfortunate enough to be close to her.

____________________________________

Zelda’s newly acquired superhuman speed proved quite effective as she was able to shoot many agents before they could make their shots, and then grab their newly discarded guns for more firepower. Zelda mowed through the agents, leaving blood and splattered brains in its wake.

____________________________________

Eli unsheathed his sword and attacked the enemy soldiers one by one. At times, he even felt like he was in one of Zack Snyder’s action sequences, speeding up while going for the kill, and then the world slowed down when his sword made impact with his prey. The armies were not mortal men, but the synthetic creations of a skilled sorcerer with little to no military prowess. The match couldn’t have been easier if Inverz just surrendered then and there. Unfortunately, some ponies were unfortunate enough to feel the sharp pain of a soldier’s sword and the blood entering their mouths. Eli felt that the progress was well, but if he was to meet the train before it arrived at the station, he’d need to create a path.

____________________________________

Despite their plan to stay on separate cars, Lucas and Scott fought side by side, protecting each other’s blind spots. Pinkie Pie was safe in one of the cars, but that didn’t stop bats from trying to get in. One tried to claw his way into the window, but Pinkie Pie had a very large party popper in her hooves. She pulled the string with her mouth. Unlike the usual confetti or streamers, this one shot out bits of metal pellets, blinding the bat and causing him to fall into the canyon depths.

Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts whizzed and weaved around her enemies, deploying bursts of light that they normally used in their shows that now made excellent weapons, blinding or even burning their enemies. Even the once timid Princess Celestia had great joy in fighting for her country, even so much as giggling when she impaled a bat with her horn. The pokémon with their special attacks proved to be the most valuable, as they used various attacks to stun or even kill bats within seconds. Princess Luna also hopped out of her car to help with the assault.

With Orion for the most part waited for bats to come close to him, and then incinerated them with a wave of his wand. Helena was peerless with a bow and arrow. Every time she launched an arrow, it always hit her target where she wanted to. The arrow would then disappear and then reappear in a case behind Helena’s back, ready to fire again.

____________________________________

The Vegas agents at this point knew it was futile to use firearms, as they would just be killed by Zelda and have their guns taken for the next wave that faced her. They dropped their guns and got out swords and axes that lined the walls. Zelda was able to take down the first ten or so soldiers that wielded bladed weapons, but once her ammo was out, it was time to get her own weapon.

____________________________________

Eli made a loud whistle. A stampede of buffalo came charging through the center, all wearing protective armor and helmets. The buffalo stampeded through the army, leaving a wide path for Eli and his army to run through.

____________________________________

Inverz watched with anger as he watched his army be wiped out with little casualties on the other side. Inverz closed his eyes and then opened them. They were now a void of black. He then swung his arms out creating a large grey force that enveloped the entire battlefield.

____________________________________

The energy caused the buffalo stampede to trip, leaving them easy prey to the enemy soldiers. Chief Thunderhooves closed his eyes before a blade slashed through him, content that he would die a warrior’s death. The living enemy soldiers then formed a circle around those in the path that the buffalo had left, including Eli, Shining Armor, and Big Macintosh, trapping them, while forming a phalanx on the outside, preventing Eli’s allies from entering in, and a phalanx on the inside, ensuring that they wouldn’t escape.

____________________________________

The blast also covered the area where the aerial battle was occurring. The energy knocked some of Princess Celestia’s fleet and the people on the train back a little. Then, the bats mutated. Half of them looked leaner, and began moving faster than before. The other half grew another fifty pounds in muscle. The scene after that was horrendous. One of the swifter bats grabbed onto Soarin and held him in place while the stronger one beat them to death with a few swings of his fists. Soarin fell lifelessly to the ground. Spitfire saw his deck-box fall with him. She wouldn’t be able to carry Soarin, but she wanted some memento of him. She grabbed the deck box and temporarily removed her goggles to let her tears out.

____________________________________

The warriors on the train even had trouble keeping up with taking down these new bats. Alex had to resort to teaming with Sammy to make sure she wouldn’t get hit. Orion had to now protect most of everyone on the train and not just his own car. Pinkie Pie desperately blasted as many party poppers as possible, but there were too many bats. One of the strong bats ripped apart the side to the train, fully exposing Pinkie Pie. She ran to the next car back, where Braeburn was.

____________________________________

When the dark aura enveloped the inside of the castle, Zelda was hacking and slashing agents with a small claymore. However, the aura, having hit her, caused her to lose her newfound speed. She was still able to dispatch some of the agents, but she knew it wouldn’t be long before she lost stamina and the agents would overwhelm her.

____________________________________

The phalanx was closing in on Eli and his men. Some of the braver ponies began to moved closer to the center to protect Eli as long as they could. The first one the enemies struck with their spears was Big Macintosh, who took the spear to the right side of his neck. He fell down with a slump. Shining Armor did his best to deflect the attacks as the enemy got closer as they killed more of Eli’s soldiers, but it was only a matter of time.

____________________________________

A swift bat swooped down between the last train engine and the first passenger car and dismantled the coupling before being chopped by Alex. Alex looked nervous as the train began to slowly accelerate faster than the cars, which would eventually strand them. Gilda noticed this, but she didn’t want anything to happen to her fellow Wonderbolts.

“Go over there!” she said to Rainbow Dash, pointing to a group of outnumbered pegs.
S
he then flew to the back of the last passenger car. Scott and Lucas happened to be on the last car when they saw this.

“Gilda,” said Lucas. “What are you doing?”

“I’m saving you, what does it look like?”

She then flew faster and pushed as hard as she could to move the cars closer to the train engine where someone could recouple it. Needless to say, it wasn’t enough. Soon, other pegasi began to push the train with her. Alex could see that the cars were getting closer to the train.

What’s going on? he thought.

The bats saw what they were trying to do, and they formed a mass group to try and stop them. They tore off pegasi trying to help, killing some, injuring others, while most were thrown off. At this rate Gilda wouldn’t have much left, but she still tried everything she had.

Rainbow Dash, along with her other Wonderbolts, were finished helping the outnumbered pegasi. Rainbow Dash saw Gilda pushing the train by herself as she was being torn at by the bats. Rainbow Dash tried to help her by tossing and bucking as many bats off as possible. Gilda then spoke to her for the last time.

“Rainbow Dash,” she said. “These last two years have been the best of my life. I thought I could never repay you for all the kindness you and your friends showed me. Now, I’m paying my debts.”

“Gilda, no!”

Pinkie Pie looked out of the window to see the commotion.

“When this is over,” said Gilda. “Tell Lamss thank you for me; for saving me. And thank you and your friends for showing me the light. Goodbye Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash was now desperately trying to pull apart the bats to try and reach her.

“NOW FLY, MY FRIENDS!” Gilda yelled. “FLY!”

Gilda used as much strength as she could, causing a yellow bolt of energy to erupt from her and causing anything near her to recoil away from her, including Rainbow Dash. This burst in energy also allowed the train to gain the speed needed to couple the train. Alex jumped down from the top of the car to the back of the rear train engine and waited for the couples to be close enough. Once the couples were in place, Alex fastened them, reconnecting the train. Gilda, having expended so much energy and lost too much blood crashed onto the tracks.

“Gilda! Gilda!” screamed Rainbow Dash still trying to reconfigure herself.

Rainbow Dash… thought Gilda, remembering all of their fond memories.

A strong bat then flew fast into the portion of canyon where Gilda laid, blasting it to smithereens, along with Gilda.

“GILDA!!!” cried Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie couldn’t hold her tears. Everyone else had no time to mourn, as more bats closed in on them.

____________________________________

Zelda was already feeling the exhaustion as more agents began to close in. Zelda could feel that her end was nearing.

____________________________________

Sammy was continuing to fight bats on her car when a swift bat slammed into the car. The force knocked her off of her feet and caused her to almost roll off of the side of the car and into the ravine, forcing her to hold on for dear life.

“Sammy!” yelled Alex and Spike from different spots.

The both rushed to her spot. Unfortunately, Alex and Spike had the choice of either keeping Sammy away from the enemy's attack and risk her eventually letting go, or try and pick her up and risk being killed themselves along with Sammy. Spike, though had an idea.

“Sammy, do you trust me?” asked Spike.

“Why?”

“Do you trust me?” Sammy’s grip began to falter.

“Okay,” she screamed, “I trust you!”

Spike took a deep inhale and breathed a magical plume of flames. As the flames engulfed Sammy, a purple aura was left in its place as it headed for Canterlot.

“Well done, Spike,” said Alex.

____________________________________

Zelda was facing off against three agents. One of the agents knocked her sword out of her hand while another was pointing the tip of his at her throat. Suddenly, a purple aura entered the room, which morphed back into Sammy. Sammy picked up a discarded sword and slashed at one of the agents with it. Zelda used this confusion as her opportunity to strike, kicking the sword out of the agents hand, catching it, and slitting the other two agents’ throats with it. Sammy finally noticed a very alive Zelda in front of her.

“Zelda, you’re alive!” she said.

“When am I not?” she said.

Zelda then grabbed a couple of discarded guns, took out the clips of several others, and placed them in her jacket pocket. There were more Vegas agents in the next room waiting to be slain. Sammy and Zelda advanced.

____________________________________

Eli’s defenses inside the phalanx were dwindling, leaving only him, Shining Armor, and a couple of other ponies. All seemed lost. Suddenly, a roar was heard from the forests behind. What caused the roar and came out of the forest was enough to make Eli’s jaw drop.

“Of all the movies reality decided to rip off now,” he muttered.

Alex then saw a sight from the train come over the mountains. There were a countless number of dragons flying towards Canterlot. Alex wasn’t sure how to react at first, but saw no sense for alarm when the dragons began tearing through bats of all speeds and sizes.

“It looks like even the wildlife is going to protect their homes,” he said.

Eli saw as an ursa minor charged at the enemy phalanx, obliterating its defenses with a simple swing of its claw. Eli, Shining Armor, and the other ponies escaped. The enemy army began to retreat at the sight of the large bear. The bear just chased them and swatted them around. Eli and the rest of his army charged towards the Canterlot gates. The giant trolls formed a wall to prevent further advancement, but the ursa dispatched of these just as easily. It then forced the drawbridge open, finally granting them access to the city.

____________________________________

The train was just about a mile from its destination. Orion began to slow the train down lest they crash when they got there. All of the pegasi who were left, including, Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, the other Wonderbolts, and both princesses began to board the train from the hole that the bat left and left the dragons to finish off the bats.

____________________________________

Inverz could see that he lost the battle. He threw his snifter on the ground with a shatter. He then noticed Diana holding a barely conscious Mark as blood continued to come out of his slashed arm. Inverz made the blood flow stop with a tourniquet spell.

“Go,” he said, leaving. “You must go to the chambers now.”

Mark and Diana ran downstairs.

____________________________________

Sammy and Zelda forced more Vegas agents outside, shooting and/or slashing them all. When they felt like they had killed all that they could, they thought the best course of action would be to go to the underground station, which was closer to them than Eli was. Once they got there, they ran down the stairs to find about a dozen soldiers ready to ambush Alex and his friends when they got to the station. Easy pickings.

There weren’t many soldiers left inside the city walls, but they were easy to defeat. Eli sprinted to the underground station with Shining Armor behind him. Eli and the young stallion went downstairs to find Sammy and Zelda there with the slain bodies of the soldiers.

“Zelda! Sammy!” he cried. “How did you get here?”

“A long story involving Spike,” she said.

They both then kissed. At that moment the train came into the station, stopping to let everyone out. Alex was first. He was wearing his duel disk on his arm (so would everyone else). Alex tossed Sammy her duel disk, and then out came Spike, Maddie, Charley, Orion, Helena, Braeburn, and Lucas. Scott came out and hugged Zelda upon seeing her, thanking God she was okay. Pinkie Pie came out next. Words couldn’t explain the sheer amount of joy Pinkie Pie felt when she saw her friend alive and well. Pinkie Pie jumped straight into her arms, hugging her and nuzzling her face with her own.

“See?” said Zelda. “I promised I’d be okay.”

Everyone then made it to the Canterlot Royal Palace. Alex, Eli, Sammy, Maddie, Scott, Lucas, Ryan, Orion, Helena, Zelda, Braeburn, Spike, Rainbow Dash, and Spitfire stood outside the entrance, ready to go in. Orion opened the doors with a flick of his wand and they all entered inside. Alex gave a look to the army that helped them to the end and saluted them before the doors finally closed. They went to a large chamber with painted glass murals of all of the important events in Equestrian history: Princess Celestia and Princess Luna’s defeat of Discord and Inverz, Twilight Sparkle and her friends defeating Nightmare Moon, etc.

“Show yourself, Inverz!” called Eli.

“Wait,” said Orion.

He then went to a door at the end of the room. There was a small hole in the middle of a six-pronged star. Orion stuck his wand inside, the outlines of the star and door glowed, allowing the door to open. When it was fully open, Orion and everyone was unnerved to see a seemingly endless corridor shrouded in darkness. Suddenly, a strange force began to try and suck everyone inside. The force became too strong, and one by one, each person and pony was sucked inside. When the last person, Eli, was sucked through, the doors violently closed shut.

PreviousChapters Next