• Published 26th May 2017
  • 683 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: The Final Bastion

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: T.G. Halberd Cannon

Synchro Monster Level: 12 ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000 Attribute: EARTH Type: Machine

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. Once per turn, while this card is face-up on the field, you can negate the Summon of a monster and destroy it. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can select 1 "T.G." monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it.

“And then there were two,” said Mark. “You are the only obstacle standing between us and the Numbers that have been fought for 9 years since the Bureau’s founding.”

“Fuck you. We’re ready,” said Eli to Mark, pounding his chest with his fist.

“Eli, surely we can be civil here.”

“You lost your chance at being civil the day you motherfuckers stepped foot in this world. And don’t call me Shirley.”

Alex couldn’t help but snicker.

“Smart mouth on him,” said Mark.

“Let’s end this,” said Alex, holding out his wrist.

“Yes, let’s,” said Eli doing the same.

“Eager, aren’t we?” Mark and Ryan connected their duel anchors to Alex and Eli’s wrists. Alex and Eli didn’t dare flinch, not to betray any emotions of fear or anxiety.

The spinner was already spinning, and it finally landed on the space marked RR. Riding Relay.

“The final match will be a riding relay,” said the announcer. His voice sounded much grimmer as the level of tension was rising beyond boiling point. “Good luck to both teams.”

Ryan and Mark already had their wing packs on, but Alex and Eli still needed to fly. Alex summoned and mounted Zephyr, his salamence, and Eli brought out his Pidgeot. Alex, as always, went first, but once again, Mark surprised Alex and Eli by choosing to be the first duelist up. Alex could tell from the last duel that Mark’s main strategy was to summon Theinen the Great Sphinx as soon as possible, but knowing Ryan and Mark, he’d change that up in a hurry. Alex’s only strategy at this point was just expect anything.

Alex and Mark made their way up to the edges of the drawbridge. Alex took a deep breath and felt the wind flow through his fingertips, as if he was asking a prayer for some miracle to assist him. As Speed World 2 activated, the beat of the countdown felt like a sledgehammer trying to burst through his chest.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

*BEEP*

Zephyr lept off with Alex. Mark saw the immense speed that Zephyr was doing, but decided to let Alex take the first turn. Alex didn’t care. All that mattered was beating Mark and Ryan right now and saving Equestria. Mark and Alex unsheathed (activated in Mark’s case) their duel disks and drew five cards from their deck.

“DUEL!” they both cried.

Alex and Eli vs. Mark and Ryan

Round 1: Alex vs. Mark

Alex’s Turn: A:1 M:0 Alex places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2

Mark’s Turn: A:1 M:1 Alex activates Hieratic Seal from the Ashes, sending a Hieratic monster from his deck to the graveyard. Mark summons Soul Tiger in defense position.

Mark places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

What kind of strategy is this? thought Alex. Is he trying to defend himself so he can set up his Pyramid of Light? Perhaps he isn’t as clever as I thought.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: A:2 M:2 Alex activates the speed spell High Speed Crash, destroying Hieratic Seal from the Ashes to destroy Soul Tiger. When a Beast-type monster Mark controls is sent to the graveyard, he can pay 1000 life points to special summon Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800).

Mark’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3000

When Hieratic Seal from the Ashes is sent to the graveyard, Alex can special summon a Hieratic Monster from his graveyard, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Alex then normal summons Dragunity Aklys (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). Alex tunes Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord and Dragunity Aklys to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Alex attacks Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest, but Mark activates Waboku, preventing battle damage and the destruction of Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest.

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Alex knew at this point that Mark’s goal wasn’t to get out his Pyramid of Light… not yet at least. For now, it looked like he was going to put up some high ATK monsters to protect himself.

No, wait…

____________________________________

Mark’s Turn: A:3 M:3 Mark summons Unifolia, Holy Beast of the Forest (ATK: 700 DEF: 500). When Mark has only Beast-type monsters in his graveyard, Mark can tribute Unifolia, Holy Beast of the Forest to special summon a Beast-type monster from his hand, choosing Yellow Baboon, Archer of the Forest (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). Mark overlays Yellow Baboon, Archer of the Forest and Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest to xyz summon Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado (ATK: 3200 DEF: 1000). Mark then activates the speed spell Half Seize, halving Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s ATK and Mark then gains life points equal to the ATK lost (ATK: 3200 -> 1600).

Mark’s Life Points: 3000 -> 4600

Mark attacks Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado. Nero, the Dragon Warlord can’t be destroyed in battle. Battle Damage is still applied.

Alex’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2400

Mark places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Alex couldn’t believe he would be fighting against his own friend’s monsters, which have now become Mark’s trophies of his and Ryan’s victories over their opponents today.

“You think you can trip me up that easily?” asked Alex.

“I was hoping,” said Mark. “It would make our job easier.”

“Yeah, it would.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: A:4 M:4 Alex activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Alex then activates the speed spell Star Changer, decreasing Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s level by 1 (Lvl.: 10 -> 9). Alex then summons Dragunity Brandistock (ATK: 600 DEF: 400). Alex tunes Nero, the Dragon Warlord with Dragunity Brandistock to synchro summon Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000).

Alex then activates his trap Immortal Dragon, special summoning Nero, the Dragon Warlord from his graveyard. Alex activates the speed spell Speed Energy, increasing Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness’ ATK by 200 for each speed counter Alex has (4 x 200 = 800, ATK: 3000 -> 3800). Alex attacks Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Mark’s Life Points: 4600 -> 4000

With Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness’ effect, it gains ATK for all damage it inflicts through battle (ATK: 3000 -> 3600).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Silly boy,” said Mark, “If you think you have a fraction of a chance by just whittling away at my life points, I’m just going to have to take you down right now.”

____________________________________

Mark’s Turn: A:5 M:5 Mark activates his face down Pyramid of Light. Next, Mark pays 500 life points to special summon Sphinx Teleia with its effect (ATK: 2500 DEF: 3000).

Mark’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3500

Mark then activates Synchro Defuse, taking control of 1 synchro monster that Alex controls, choosing Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness. Mark overlays Sphinx Teleia and Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness to xyz summon Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Mark activates Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, Mark can attack the opponent directly with it.

Alex’s Life Points: 2400 -> 400

Mark ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3500 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Alex not only had to deal with one of his friends’ Numbers, but two of them. Knowing Braeburn’s Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach, Alex had one last turn to try and alter the situation, because another direct attack with no chance at protecting himself would end him. All he needed were the right two cards with his upcoming combo.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: A:6 M:6 Alex activates Jar of Greed, drawing 1 card. Alex summons Dragunity Tribus in defense position (ATK: 500 DEF: 300). Alex then activates Creature Swap, switching control of Dragunity Tribus with Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach by removing 3 speed counters (SpC.: 6 -> 3). Alex attacks Dragunity Trubus with Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Nero, the Dragon Warlord can inflict piercing damage.

Mark’s Life Points: 3500 -> 600

For every 1000 life points Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts through battle at the end of the battle phase, Alex draws 1 card (2).

Alex places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Mark’s Turn: A:4 M:7 Mark attacks Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach with Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado, but Alex activates Battle Break, destroying Number 118: Golden City Sentry – Mighty Dorado and ending the battle phase.

Mark summons 1 monster face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“You have no idea what’s in store, do you?” said Mark, giggling.

“I’ve got a pretty good idea,” said Alex. “Me and Eli are going to win this, kick you and your friends out of Equestria, and save this world.”

“Good luck.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: A:5 M:8 Alex attacks the face down monster with Nero, the Dragon Warlord, which was a Pandemonium Watchbear (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1800). Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts piercing damage.

Mark’s Life Points: 600 -> 0

For every 1000 life points Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts through battle at the end of the battle phase, Alex draws 1 card (1).

Alex wins the round.

Status: Hand-2 Life-400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Ryan will switch with Mark, who will pass Pyramid of Light on to him.


Ryan made his way to the drawbridge, looking over the horizon. It was around noon now, and the sun was high in the sky. Ryan thought about all he had sacrificed and all he had went through to get to this very moment, and that with just two more victories, his journey in this godforsaken agency would be over at last. Ryan lept off the edge and continued the duel.

____________________________________

Round 2: Ryan vs. Alex

Ryan’s Turn: R:8 A:5 Ryan special summons T.G. Striker, as he controls no monsters while his opponent controls one (ATK: 800 DEF: 0). When a level 4 or lower monster has been special summoned, Ryan can special summon T.G. Warwolf from his hand (ATK: 1200 DEF: 0). Ryan then special summons T.G. Gear Zombie, as he controls a T.G. monster (ATK: 600 DEF: 0). Next, Ryan normal summons Wind-Up Warrior (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1800). Ryan tunes Wind-Up Warrior with T.G. Gear Zombie to synchro summon T.G. Hyper Librarian (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1800). Ryan then tunes T.G. Warwolf with T.G. Striker to synchro summon T.G. Wonder Magician (ATK: 1900 DEF: 0).

When T.G. Wonder Magician is synchro summoned, Ryan can destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field, choosing Alex’s face down card. With T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect, Ryan draws a card every time a monster is synchro summoned. Ryan tunes T.G. Hyper Librarian with T.G. Wonder Magician to accel synchro summon T.G. Blade Blaster (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2200). Ryan then activates his High Speed Crash, destroying Pyramid of Light to destroy Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Ryan places 1 card face down. Ryan attacks Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach with T.G. Blade Blaster. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Alex’s Life Points: 400 -> 0

Ryan wins the round.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Eli will switch with Alex, who will pass Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach on to him.

____________________________________

Alex called back Zephyr and patted Eli on the back for good luck. Eli activated his gauntlet duel disk and ran to the edge of the drawbridge, leaping off of it with his idgeot grabbing his waist and flying away.

“This is it,” called Eli to Ryan.

“This is where it all ends.”

“Yes,” agreed Ryan. “I suppose it is, and I apologize in advance for the pain I am about to cause you.”

Eli ignored him, dismissing his threats as empty bluffs.

____________________________________

Final Round: Eli vs. Ryan

Eli’s Turn: E:6 R:9 Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1300). Eli activates Summon Speeder, special summoning Koa’ki Meiru Sea Panther (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200). Eli overlays Koa’ki Meiru Sea Panther and Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose to xyz summon Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200). Eli activates Number 164: Crystalline Chimera’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, all spell and trap cards on the field are destroyed. Eli then detaches an xyz material from Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach to have it attack Ryan directly.

Ryan’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Ryan remembered a confrontation with Mark before they were to duel Zelda and Scott.

____________________________________

Ryan was assembling his extra deck when Mark called him to get ready. Mark noticed a couple of monsters that he had never seen before when he had the deck.

“What are these?” he asked in an incriminating tone.

“I know I never gave you these monsters or even told you about them. But trust me when I say that with these cards, they will not know what hit them. With these two cards, our victory is certain.”

Mark had been impressed with Ryan the past hour, and if he was still on a roll, he might as well just have done what he was told.

“Alright, Ryan. We’re on in 5.”

“Thanks.”

Ryan gathered the cards and slipped them into his deck.

____________________________________

It was time now.

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: E:7 R:10 Ryan summons T.G. Cyber Magician (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). With T.G. Cyber Magician’s effect, Ryan can use T.G. monsters in his hand as the non-tuner synchro material. Ryan tunes T.G. Drill Fish in his hand with T.G. Cyber Magician to synchro summon T.G. Recipro Dragonfly (ATK: 300 DEF: 300). Ryan activates T.G. Recipro Dragonfly’s effect. Once per turn, Ryan can send a T.G. synchro monster he controls to the graveyard to special summon any synchro material monsters involved with the summoning of the sent T.G. monster from the graveyard, special summoning T.G. Hyper Librarian and T.G. Wonder Magician.

____________________________________

Ryan’s wing-pack (what Alex and Eli decided to call it) folded back into what looked like its standby mode, but instead of losing speed and descending, a bright light came from the wings tips, and it accelerated and climbed towards the sky. Ryan flew into the clouds and soared through a large cluster of them. Then he began to accelerate again with his monsters engaged in the synchro summon. Ryan’s speed was absolutely immense as a sparky aura formed around Ryan’s head.

“Go! Delta accel!” he yelled.

Suddenly, there was a massive lighting strike, which would go on to be reported as the largest lightning bolt in over 300 years. Much of the crowd was frightened by the deafening bang it produced, especially Fluttershy, who hid behind Charley. Even Eli with his fast pidgeot had trouble dodging the lighting and the multiple streams of plasma that flew out afterwards.

“What the hell?” he exclaimed.

Ryan flew out of the lightning bolt with a large android like monster, his real ace monster for sure.

____________________________________

Ryan tunes T.G. Hyper Librarian and T.G. Recipro Dragonfly with T.G. Wonder Magician to delta accel synchro summon T.G. Halberd Cannon (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). Ryan activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 10 speed counters (SpC.: 10 -> 0), he can destroy 1 card on the field, choosing Number 164: Crystalline Chimera. Ryan attacks Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach with T.G. Halberd Cannon. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is still applied.

Eli’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Ryan ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“What is this?” asked Eli.

“This is my real ace monster,” responded Ryan. “I know how powerful you two are, and I couldn’t let you know the full extent of our power until it was too late for you.”

“It’s never too late,” said Eli.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: E:8 R:1 Eli removes an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand from play to special summon Koa’ki Meiru Maximus, but Ryan activates T.G. Halberd Cannon’s effect, negating the summoning of a monster and destroying it. Eli activates Card of Last Will, drawing five cards if a monster he controls was destroyed.

Eli places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Ryan’s Turn: E:9 R:2 Ryan attacks Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach with T.G. Halberd Cannon, but Eli activates Xyz Soul, having Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach gain ATK equal to the rank of an xyz monster in his graveyard times 200, choosing Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (4 x 200 = 800, ATK: 2000 -> 2800).

Eli’s Life Points: 2000 -> 800

Also, the xyz monster targeted by Xyz Soul’s effect is returned to the extra deck.

Ryan places 1 card face down and ends his turn. Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 2800 -> 2000).

Status: Hand-0 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Eli would now take advantage of Ryan’s monsters supposed strength.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: E:10 R:3 Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Urnight (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Ryan activates T.G. Halberd Cannon’s effect, negating the summoning of Koa’ki Meiru Urnight and destroying it. Eli special summons Elemental Guardian Celutera, as he has 1 FIRE, WATER, WIND, and EARTH monster in his graveyard (ATK: 3500 DEF: 3500). Eli uses Elemental Guardian Celutera’s effect to use itself as the sole xyz material in an xyz summon. Eli overlays Elemental Guardian Celutera to xyz summon Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony (ATK: 4500 DEF: 4500).

Eli activates the other effect of Elemental Guardian, Celutera, detaching itself as xyz material to attach 1 WIND (Koa’ki Meiru Maximus), 1 FIRE (Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose), 1 EARTH (Koa’ki Meiru Urnight), and 1 WATER (Koa’ki Meiru Sea Panther) monster as xyz materials. Eli activates Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony’s effect, detaching 1 xyz material from it (Koa’ki Meiru Maximus), Eli can inflict damage equal to the detached xyz material’s ATK, but Ryan activates Energy-Absorbing Monolith, gaining life points equal to damage that he would have taken from a monster’s effect.

Ryan’s Life Points: 2000 -> 5000

Eli then activates the speed spell Rapid Shotwing, having a monster he controls gain 100 ATK for each monster he controls, choosing Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach (100 x 10 = 1000, ATK: 2000 -> 3000). Next, Eli activates Speed World 2’s effect, removing 10 speed counters (SpC.: 10 -> 0) to destroy one card on the field, choosing T.G. Halberd Cannon. When T.G. Halberd cannon is sent from the field to the graveyard, Ryan can special summon a T.G. monster from his graveyard, choosing T.G. Blade Blaster. Eli attacks T.G. Blade Blaster with Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony.

Ryan’s Life Points: 5000 -> 3800

Eli attacks Ryan directly with Number 140: Armored Bullet Train Force Mach.

Ryan’s Life Points: 3800 -> 800

Eli ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Eli was very confident now. His opponent didn’t have a single card in his hand, and had no monsters or spell and trap cards on his field. Eli thought the duel was in the bag. Then he looked at Ryan’s speed counters, and then at Ryan himself, who looked very relieved at the card he just drew. Eli could feel the hope draining away from his body.

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: E:1 R:4 Ryan activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 4 -> 0), Ryan can inflict 800 points of damage for each speed spell in his hand. He has 1.

Eli’s Life Points: 800 -> 0

Ryan wins the round.

Mark and Ryan win the match.


There wasn’t a noise to be heard anywhere but the gentle rush of the wind. But the silence didn’t last long. Sammy stood up and saw Eli and his Pidgeot, both unconscious, falling to the earth above the coliseum from the last hit brought by Ryan’s final move.

“NOOOOO!” she cried.

This break of silence brought on pandemonium and fear among the crowd. Alex, still on the sidelines, still couldn’t believe it. They had lost.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Eli was fully conscious, but his loss had brought about a crippling feeling of apathy and sadness the likes of which he hadn’t felt since his father died. He couldn’t rid himself of that awful feeling, and now just hoped that hitting the hard ground would end his suffering, for Eli Montgomery, the supposedly titled Guardian of Equestria, had failed.

PreviousChapters Next