• Published 26th May 2017
  • 682 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 682

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Zero

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis

Xyz Monster Rank: 8 ATK: 3000 DEF: 2400 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Dragon

2 Level 8 Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Tribute any number of monsters you control or in your hand, then destroy cards on the field equal to the number of monsters Tributed.

Ever since Alex’s invigorating duel with Rainbow Dash, he was fired up for the rest of the day. With Eli’s help, they were all but unstoppable. Even against last year’s EFDC champions Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, they were a force to be reckoned with. Soon, they were running out of friends to duel. Knowing that everyone else was too easy to duel with full vigor, Alex and Eli began to burn out. Thankfully, they inadvertently found a set of friends they hadn’t challenged yet. It was around half past 5:00, and the sun began to dip behind the horizon.

Soon, Eli’s stomach began grumbling. “Dude, I’m fuckin’ starving.”

“I know. We’re heading towards Sweet Apple Acres. If I know Applejack, she would welcome us inside for a meal anytime.”

As they walked to the farm where their friends resided, Alex could hear noises coming from his right. As they went to see what was happening, Eli began complaining again.

“What, seriously? I thought we were getting dinner.”

“I know,” responded Alex, “but I just want to see what’s going on.”

“What’s over there anyways?”

“There’s this group of fillies that hang out over here. If that’s them, I want to be sure they’re not being attacked by Number hunters.”

Eli didn’t seem to object, as it was his giving Scootaloo and Apple Bloom Numbers that would put them in harm’s way. Upon getting closer, they stumbled upon the treehouse of the former Cutie Mark Crusaders. They saw Scootaloo’s scooter parked outside the ramp, confirming that both Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were here. Alex and Eli heard delightful chatter coming from the tree house, dispelling any sense of alarm for their safety.

“Well, nothing to see here,” said Eli quickly.

“I guess we can just go-”

Before he could finish, a yellow pegasus with a pink mane opened a window, seeing Alex and Eli in the process. Initially, she shrieked and ducked from sight.

“Fluttershy?” called Alex. “It’s us, Alex and Eli.”

“Oh,” whispered Fluttershy, embarrassed, “hi Alex. Hi Eli.”

“What’s going on up there?”

“The girls and I were just having dinner upstairs.”

“Cool,” interrupted Eli. “What’cha havin’?”

“Shh,” hissed Alex, angry at Eli’s rudeness.

“I just brought some soup from home. You’re more than welcome to have some.”

“Is there enough?” asked Alex. “Oh, there’s plenty. Please come up.”

Eli was more than happy to get some food in his tummy, but Alex was more relieved that Eli didn’t embarrass the both of them.

____________________________________

“Who were you talking to?” asked Apple Bloom to Fluttershy on the way back to a small table that Apple Bloom had made.

Alex and Eli immediately walked through the door, but were reduced to a squat considering their height over the ponies.

“Alex! Eli!” called the three fillies, running to the both of them.

“He-hey!” laughed Alex as he hugged Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, while Eli had Apple Bloom leap into his arms.

“I just finished pouring you two a bowl,” said Fluttershy.

Alex and Eli placed the three fillies down and waddled over to the table, much to the hilarity of the three girls. Alex surmised that the stools couldn’t hold their weight, so they opted to kneel.

“I feel like we’re in Japan,” commented Eli.

Upon being given their soup, Alex and Eli instinctively looked for silverware.

“Right,” said Alex. “Ponies don’t have hooves, so we’ll just have to drink it.”

“Now I feel like I’m at Medieval Times,” said Eli. “Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?”

This reference he meant to keep to himself, but upon hearing him, everyone else but Alex was confused, as The Cable Guy didn’t exist in their world.

“Anyways…” sighed Eli.

Alex and Eli both drank their soup without any further words.

____________________________________

After soup, Alex and Eli helped clean up. Eli wasn’t realizing that he was washing the same dish for the past five minutes, but he was deep in thought. Upon his arriving in Equestria, he felt the dread of spending his life preparing for something that would never be. However, after meeting the Equestrian inhabitants and the members of Lamss, he felt it was all for the better. He could’ve been stuck working his drafting job in New York day to day for the rest of his life, surrounded by boring people in boring settings forever.

Not anymore. Everyone and everypony was kind, supportive, and were all around wonderful to be around. Eli couldn’t help but be in a constant state of elation in this place. Even though his role as Guardian of Equestria was over, he had a new Equestria to guard. No matter how vague this threat seemed to him, he still felt like he had a purpose being here, adding to his happines-

“-tupid!” yelled Alex as he lightly punched Eli’s shoulder. “You’ve been washing the same dish for the last four minutes or so.” Eli sheepishly dried the dish and put it in the drying rack.

____________________________________

As Alex and Eli walked down the ramp to the ground, it had just occurred to Alex.

“I don’t think we dueled Fluttershy or Sweetie Belle yet,” he mumbled.

“I’m sorry,” asked Fluttershy, seeing them out. “Did you call me?”

“I don’t think we dueled you guys yet,” said Alex.

“You know come to think of it, you’re right.”

“Yeah!” called Sweetie Belle running down the ramp with her duel disk. “Let’s go!”

“Now Sweetie Belle…” reasoned Fluttershy quietly.

“I heard you guys dueled my sister earlier,” said Alex.

“Yes,” confirmed Fluttershy.

“So what’s wrong with us? We don’t bite.”

“…hard,” chimed in Eli.

Fluttershy looked back at Sweetie Belle, who had an adamant look of excitement on her face.

“I guess there’s no helping it,” said Fluttershy.

She then flew up to the clubhouse and put her duel disk on. Meanwhile, Alex and Sweetie Belle decided to be the first to face each other for the standard relay match.

“Good luck!” yelled Scootaloo and Apple Bloom to Sweetie Belle.

Alex and Sweetie Belle unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their deck.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy vs. Alex and Eli

Round 1: Sweetie Belle vs. Alex

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she special summons Fabled Soulkius from her graveyard by discarding 2 cards from her hand (ATK: 2200 DEF: 2100). When The Fabled Ganashia is discarded to the graveyard, she can special summon it and it gains 200 ATK (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000) (ATK: 1600 -> 1800). Then, she activates the effect of her Fabled Krus from the graveyard. When it’s discarded, she can choose one Fabled monster in her graveyard and special summon it, choosing The Fabled Chawa (ATK: 200 DEF: 100). Sweetie Belle tunes Fabled Soulkius and The Fabled Ganashia with the Fabled Chawa to synchro summon Fabled Leviathan (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2000).

Sweetie Belle places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Come on!” called Sweetie Belle. “Summon your Number!”

Alex was shocked at what he was hearing. He knew that she didn’t have a Number on her, and summoning his would be unfair to her. If he was going to win this duel, he would win it on the same grounds as his opponent.

“How’s this?” he yelled.

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Hieratic Seal of Supremacy, special summoning a Hieratic monster from his hand, choosing Hieratic Dragon of Asar (ATK: 2600 DEF: 700). Next, he normal summons Dragunity Pilum (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). Alex tunes Hieratic Dragon of Asar with Dragunity Pilum to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Alex attacks Fabled Leviathan, but Sweetie Belle activates Draining Shield, negating the attack and increasing her life points by Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s ATK.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 4000 -> 7200

Alex places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“What are you doing?” asked Sweetie Belle. "I told you to summon a Number."

“No!” yelled Alex. “I could never respect myself as a duelist fighting on uneven ground as my opponent. I’m fighting this duel with my monsters and my monsters alone!”

“Fine,” growled Sweetie Belle, “then I’ll make you summon it.”

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle equips Fabled Leviathan with Elf’s Light, increasing its ATK by 400, and decreasing its DEF by 200 (ATK: 3000 -> 3400, DEF: 2000 -> 1800). Sweetie Belle attacks Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Nero, the Dragon Warlord can’t be destroyed by battle. Battle damage is applied normally.

Alex’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3800

Sweetie Belle places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-7200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Block Attack, switching Fabled Leviathan into defense position. Alex attacks Fabled Leviathan with Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Nero, the Dragon Warlord can inflict piercing damage. Sweetie Belle activates Rainbow Life, discarding one card to gain life points in place of damage that she took this turn.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 7200 -> 8600

Sweetie Belle activates The Fabled Peggulsus’s effect. When discarded to the graveyard, she can special summon it face down on her side of the field. Also, when Fabled Leviathan is destroyed, Sweetie Belle can add up to 3 Fabled monsters from her graveyard to her hand, choosing 2. With Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s effect, for every 1000 points of damage it inflicts through battle at the end of the battle phase, Alex draws 1 card (1). Alex summons one monster face down.

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-3

____________________________________

“I gave you a chance,” said Sweetie Belle. “Now, you don’t give me a choice.”

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle: Sweetie Belle tribute summons her face down The Fabled Peggulsus to summon Fabled Dianaira (ATK: 2800 DEF: 100). Next, she discards 2 cards in her hand to special summon Fabled Soulkius from the graveyard again. Sweetie Belle equips Fabled Dianaira with Big Bang Shot, increasing its ATK by 400 (ATK: 2800 -> 3200) and giving it the effect of piercing damage. Sweetie Belle attacks Alex’s face down monster, which is a Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400), but Alex activates Invincible Hero, preventing its destruction. Damage is applied normally.

Alex’s Life Points: 3800 -> 1000

Sweetie Belle ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8600 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Come on, man!” yelled Eli. “Don’t screw us over!”

Alex laid on the ground contemplating Sweetie Belle’s prowess. She’s already taken 3000 of my life points while she’s doubled hers. Maybe I should summon my Number. Her skills seem to be on that level.

“Alex!” called a familiar voice.

Alex got up and saw Rainbow Dash and Gilda waving from the sidelines.

“Rainbow Dash,” called Alex. “Gilda. What are you doing here?”

“I promised Scootaloo a duel,” said Rainbow. “How are you doing? Not so hot I see.”

“Don’t worry. As long as you’re around, I’m always fired up.”

“Does this mean you’ll summon your Number?” asked Sweetie Belle encouragingly.

“Eh, I’ll think about it.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates his trap Jar of Greed, drawing 1 card. Next, he special summons Hieratic Dragon of Su from his hand by tributing Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000). When Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb is tributed, Alex can special summon a Hieratic monster from his deck, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Next, he normal summons Hieratic Dragon of Eset without tributes, which makes its ATK 1000 (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200) (ATK: 1900 -> 1000). Alex activates Hieratic Dragon of Eset’s effect. He can target one normal Hieratic monster on the field and makes all face up Hieratic monsters the same level as the targeted monster, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (Lvl.: 6 -> 8) (Lvl.: 5 -> 8). Alex overlays Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord and Hieratic Dragon of Eset to xyz summon Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2400).

Alex activates Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material and tributing a number of monsters on his field or in his hand, he can destroy a number of cards up to the number of cards tributed by this effect. Alex tributes Hieratic Dragon of Su to destroy Fabled Dianaira, which is then removed from play because of Big Bang Shot’s effect. When Hieratic Dragon of Su is tributed, Alex can special summon a dragon type normal monster from his deck and its ATK and DEF becoming 0, choosing another Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord. Alex then attacks Fabled Soulkius with Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 8600 -> 8000

Alex then attacks Sweetie Belle directly with Nero, the Dragon Warlord.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 8000 -> 4800

With Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s effect, for every 1000 points of damage it inflicts through battle at the end of the battle phase, Alex draws 1 card (3). Alex activates Double Summon, summoning Dragunity Aklys (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). Alex tunes Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord with Dragunity Aklys to synchro summon Vergil, the Griffin Warlock (ATK: 2800 DEF: 3200).

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-1000 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Rainbow Dash, Gilda, and Eli cheered to see more of Alex’s well-played strategies.

“You see,” said Alex. “I don’t always need Numbers to duel, and you should realize that, Sweetie. A true duelist relies on his own strength first, and only seeks extra help when absolutely necessary.”

“Alex,” whispered Sweetie Belle.

____________________________________

Sweetie Belle’s Turn: Sweetie Belle activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Fabled Dianaira, but Alex activates Solemn Judgment, paying half of his life points to negate the special summoning of a monster and destroy it.

Alex’s Life Points: 1000 -> 500

Sweetie Belle places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4800 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

Alex’s Turn: Alex places 1 card face down. Next, he summons Dragunity Tribus (ATK: 500 DEF: 300). Alex activates Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis’ effect, detaching 1 xyz material and tributing Dragunity Tribus to destroy Sweetie Belle’s face down card. Alex attacks Sweetie Belle directly with Nero, the Dragon Warlord.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 4800 -> 1600

Alex attacks Sweetie Belle directly with Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis.

Sweetie Belle’s Life Points: 1600 -> 0

With Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s effect, for every 1000 points of damage it inflicts through battle at the end of the battle phase, Alex draws 1 card (3).

Alex wins the round.

Status: Hand-3 Life-500 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-1

Fluttershy will switch places with Sweetie Belle, who will pass nothing on to her.

____________________________________

“Wow,” screamed Scootaloo and Apple Bloom as Sweetie Belle came back. “You were so good!”

“What are you talking about?” asked Sweetie Belle sadly. “I lost.”

“Are you kidding?” asked Apple Bloom. “It takes a lot of guts to bring Alex’s life points to 500 like that.”

“You really mean it?”

“Of course!” chirped Scootaloo.

“Aww, I love you two so much,” said Sweetie Belle, hugging her friends.

Fluttershy was already prepared to face Alex, but she just wanted to see the girls happy before she could go.

____________________________________

Round 2: Fluttershy vs. Alex

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy summons one monster face down.

Fluttershy places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Alright Eli,” said Alex to himself. “I’m passing the baton now. But let’s deal some damage while we’re at it.”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex attacks Fluttershy’s face down monster with Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Fluttershy’s face down card is Naturia Beans (ATK: 100 DEF: 1200). Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts piercing damage.

Fluttershy’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Once per turn, Naturia Beans can’t be destroyed by battle. When Naturia Beans is chosen as an attack target, Alex takes 500 points of damage.

Alex’s Life Points: 500 -> 0

Fluttershy wins the round.

Status: Switched

Eli will switch with Alex, who will pass Nero, the Dragon Warlord, Vergil, the Griffin Warlock, Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis, and his face down card on to him.

____________________________________

Alex ran and sat next to Rainbow Dash. He pounded her hoof with his fist and she rubbed his scalp with her hoof. It was all up to Eli now, and Alex was going to see what he would make of the situation.

____________________________________

Final Round: Fluttershy vs. Eli

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy activates Lightning Vortex, discarding one card to destroy all monsters that Eli controls. Next, she tributes Naturia Beans to summon Naturia Bamboo Shoot (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Fluttershy attacks Eli directly. Because of Naturia Bamboo Shoot’s effect, because it was tribute summoned with a Naturia monster, Eli cannot activate spell or trap cards.

Eli’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Fluttershy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3

____________________________________

Eli knew that Fluttershy was anticipating a Number, but after seeing the way Alex dueled, he couldn’t feel comfortable doing the same.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Urnight (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500). Eli activates Koa’ki Meiru Urknight’s effect. By revealing an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his hand, he can special summon a Koa’ki Meiru monster from his deck, choosing Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1300). Eli attacks Naturia Bamboo Shoot with Koa’ki Meiru Urnight. Since they both have the same ATK, Koa’ki Meiru Urnight and Naturia Bamboo Shoot are both destroyed. Fluttershy activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster she controls is destroyed.

Eli activates his Double Summon, tributing Koa’ki Meiru Gravirose to summon Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2200). When Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord is normal summoned, Eli can remove a Koa’ki Meiru card in his graveyard from play to destroy up to 2 cards his opponent controls, choosing Fluttershy’s face down cards. Eli attacks Fluttershy directly, but Fluttershy activates The High Priestess’ Staff from her hand, negating the attack, ending the battle phase and inflicting 500 points of damage to Eli.

Eli’s Life Points: 2000 -> 1500

Eli ends his turn. During the end phase, Eli must reveal a Warrior-type monster in his hand, send an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru to the graveyard, or destroy Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord. Eli destroys Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord.

Status: Hand-3 Life-1500 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Holy shit!” said Alex seeing Eli leave his defenses wide open. “Eli, I swear to God…”

____________________________________

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Fluttershy then activates her Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she activates her spell card Extra-Health, sending up to 2 cards from her extra deck to her graveyard and gaining 1000 life points for each, choosing Naturia Barkion and Naturia Beast.

Fluttershy’s Life Points: 2000 -> 4000

Fluttershy then activates Miracle Synchro Fusion, removing Naturia Barkion and Naturia Beast in her graveyard from play to fusion summon Naturia Exterio (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2400). Fluttershy attacks Eli directly, but Eli activates the effect of Koa’ki Meiru Maximus from his hand, discarding an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru to special summon it from his hand (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Fluttershy halts her attack. Fluttershy then activates D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation, discarding one card to special summon 1 monster from her banished zone, choosing Naturia Barkion (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1800). Fluttershy then activates Dragon’s Gunfire, inflicting 800 points of damage to Eli.

Eli’s Life Points: 1500 -> 700

Fluttershy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Alex took a disjointed sigh of relief. He knew that Eli was safe for now, but Fluttershy had her two best monsters on the field, and Eli was soon to be going up a river without a paddle.

“Come on, Eli,” quietly prayed Alex. “Come on, come on.”

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli then activates Koa’ki Meiru Maximus’ effect, destroying one card on the field, choosing Naturia Exterio. Eli then activates his Monster Reborn, special summoning Vergil, the Griffon Warlock from his graveyard. Eli attacks Naturia Barkion with Vergil, the Griffon Warlock.

Fluttershy’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3700

Eli activates his trap Xyz Reborn, special summoning Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis from the graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn to it as xyz material. Eli activates Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis’ effect, detaching 1 xyz material and tributing Koa’ki Meiru Maximus to destroy Fluttershy’s face down card.

Eli ends his turn

Status: Hand-1 Life-700 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-3700 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“I just wanted to let you know,” said Fluttershy, “I had a lot of fun playing with you.”

“Yeah,” responded Eli. “Me too.”

He then considered the strong amount of force he would attack Fluttershy with. “Ready for this?”

Fluttershy stood in a firm stance, ready to brace herself. “Bring it,” she demaded.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli attacks Fluttershy directly with Vergil, the Griffin Warlock.

Fluttershy’s Life Points: 3700 -> 900

Eli attacks Fluttershy directly with Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis.

Fluttershy’s Life Points: 900 -> 0

Eli wins the round.

Alex and Eli win the match.


Alex and Eli helped Fluttershy up, who still couldn’t help but be swept off of her hooves by the sheer strength of the last barrage of attacks.

“Well that was pleasant,” said Eli. “I’d like to thank you for dinner, and we’ll…” he looked at Rainbow Dash and Gilda who were talking to Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. “…be staying around to watch them duel.”

“Okay,” said Fluttershy. Alex, Eli, Fluttershy, and Sweetie Belle stood on the sidelines to watch Rainbow Dash and Gilda engage in a riding duel with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.

____________________________________

From far away, Mark and Ryan had reunited with Chase and Diana for the first time since the beginning of the tournament. Mark was telling Chase and Diana about what they learned about Zelda earlier that day.

“Woah,” said Chase, excited. “You couldn’t even catch her, huh? Don’t worry. Me and Diana will get that bitch for you.”

He then ran off excitedly to hunt down his new prey. Diana slowly followed him.

PreviousChapters Next