• Published 26th May 2017
  • 685 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 685

PreviousChapters Next
Part 4: Darkness Falls - Chapter 25: Drowning My Fears

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Black-Winged Dragon

Synchro Monster Level: 8 ATK: 2800 DEF: 1600 Attribute: DARK Type: Dragon

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Whenever you would take damage from a card effect, place 1 Black Feather Counter on this card instead. This card loses 700 ATK for each Black Feather Counter on it. Once per turn, you can remove all Black Feather Counters on this card to have 1 face-up monster your opponent controls lose 700 ATK for each Black Feather Counter, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK lost by that monster because of this effect.

Scott was being incredibly protective around Zelda now that he discovered that there was a bounty on her head. He knew that they were safe from Mark and Ryan for now, but he still had Chase and Diana to be concerned about. The fact that it was already nightfall and they haven’t seen a Bureau agent since Mark and Ryan was unsettling in of itself, as that meant they could strike at any time.

Otherwise, Scott and Zelda were doing quite well in the tournament together. From Zelda’s fighting spirit and dueling strategies, he could totally believe that she could be one of them: strong, fast, smart. All elements that he saw in Mark and Ryan. Since Scott and Zelda’s match with them, they were winning like crazy. Scott and Zelda would need those wins to prepare for the next match they were about to become involved in.

“I see them,” said Chase looking through the branches of the trees where he was hiding.

“Stand your ground,” said Diana. “We have to get them while the opportunity is right.”

“Fuck that,” said Chase.

He leapt from the tree towards Zelda. He brought his foot out to kick her, but Zelda with her reflexes was ready for him. She maneuvered around his foot effortlessly and forcefully punched Chase in the stomach. He looked hurt for a second as he tumbled to the ground, but got up again.

“Hoo hoo hoo,” giggled Chase, grabbing his stomach. “I actually forgot that we were dealing with one of our own.”

“I already said I’m not, you assholes,” growled Zelda.

Scott already had his duel disk on his wrist, ready to defend Zelda.

“Idiot,” said Diana, walking out of the forest they were in.

“Hey, at least I got her,” said Chase.

He then stepped aside to show the black light-like rope that wrapped around Zelda’s wrist. Zelda stood firm, knowing that this confrontation would come sooner or later.

“If you take her, you might as well take me too,” said Scott holding his wrist out.

“Very well,” said Diana with a smile.

She then roped Scott with a familiar black rope. Scott gasped at this.

“You take that off of him right now!” cried Zelda. “He’s innocent!”

“Innocent you say?” chided Chase. “You consider harboring a fugitive a sign of innocence? Hmph. Plus, once a black anchor is administered, there’s no changing it. But you know all about that, don’t you Ms. Queen?”

Chase began laughing again.

“Shut up!” yelled Zelda. “I’ll kick the shit out of you anytime, anyplace.”

“Great,” said Diana. “Then how about right now, right here.”

“Sounds good.”

Scott and Zelda both typed on their D-Pad tablets, and within a few seconds, two motorcycles, a white Triumph Speedmaster and a black Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic, rode up next to Scott and Zelda respectively.

“Oh, a riding duel,” said Chase with a smirk. “I haven’t done one of those in ages. I’ve always wanted to see what happens when a duelist dies behind the handlebars of their D-Wheel.”

“Oh, fuck you.” Said Scott, finally fed up with Chase’s harassing.

“You’re too kind.”

Chase then threw his D-Pad tablet on the ground where it lit brightly and morphed into a black Victory Cory Ness motorcycle. Diana threw her D-Pad tablet on the ground and it similarly morphed into a silver Hummer H2. Zelda had explained the flat-space technologies that she helped invent before to Scott, who still looked amazed at the sudden appearance of two large vehicles in front of him. The four duelists lined up at a spot outside of Ponyville. They then activated the Speed World 2 field spell. The countdown for the duel began.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

*BEEP*

The four duelists were off. Zelda’s Kawasaki was much faster than everyone else’s vehicle by far. Chase would not allow that. He made his duel anchor appear around Zelda and yanked it hard. Zelda was caught by surprise and started spinning out. Although she was well equipped with handling her bike and was able to maintain control again, she now lost her lead to Chase. Zelda seethed at this. As Chase took the first turn, he drew five cards from his deck.

“Enjoy this duel Zelda, because it will be your last.”

Zelda, Diana, and Scott drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Chase and Diana vs. Zelda and Scott

Chase’s Turn: C:1 Z:0 D:0 S:0 Chase summons one monster face down.

Chase places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Don’t bother pulling any surprises,” called Chase. “Mark and Ryan already reported your decks to us, and we know your strategies like the back of our hands.”

“Oh, do you?” queried Zelda.

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: C:1 Z:1 D:0 S:0 Zelda summons Blackwing – Calima the Haze in defense position (ATK: 600 DEF: 1800). Zelda then special summons Blackwing – Bora the Spear from her hand, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1700 DEF: 800).

Zelda places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Diana’s Turn: C:1 Z:1 D:1 S:0 Diana summons Amazoness Fighter (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300).

Diana places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Scott’s Turn: C:1 Z:1 D:1 S:1 Scott summons Vylon Charger (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Scott overlays Blackwing – Camila the Haze, Blackwing – Bora the Spear, and Vylon Charger to xyz summon Vylon Disigma (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100). Scott attacks Chase’s face down monster, which was a Wind-Up Honeybee (ATK: 100 DEF: 300). When Wind-Up Honeybee is destroyed by battle, Chase can special summon a level 4 or lower Wind-Up monster from his deck, choosing Wind-Up Soldier in defense position (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1200).

Scott places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Scott growled at knowing that Chase was right. He did know their strategies. Had Chase summoned Wind-Up Soldier in attack position, he would have used Vylon Disigma’s effect to equip Wind-Up Soldier to it, leaving him wide open and without a serviceable strategy. But now he was at Chase’s mercy, and knowing Chase, there would be no mercy at all.

____________________________________

Chase’s Turn: C:2 Z:2 D:2 S:2 Chase activates his trap Zenmailstrom, tributing 1 Wind-Up monster on the field. Next, he can special summon a Wind-Up monster from his hand, choosing Wind-Up Magician (ATK: 600 DEF: 1800). Also, he can special summon a Wind-Up monster from his deck with the same ATK as the monster he tributed, choosing Wind-Up Knight (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1200). Next, Chase special summons Wind-Up Shark from his hand, as a Wind-Up monster was just special summoned (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300). Chase then activates Wind-Up Magician’s effect, special summoning a level 4 or lower Wind-Up monster from his deck, as a Wind-Up monster’s effect was activated, choosing Wind-Up Juggler (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Next, Chase normal summons Wind-Up Warrior (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1800). Chase overlays Wind-Up Magician and Wind-Up Shark to xyz summon Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500).

Next, Chase overlays Wind-Up Warrior, Wind-Up Knight, and Wind-Up Juggler to xyz summon Number 194: Black Hole Sun (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Chase activates Number 194: Black Hole Sun’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can remove all xyz materials from all other xyz monsters on the field (5). Then, he can target one monster on the field and decrease its ATK by 1000 for each xyz material attached to it (ATK: 2500 -> 0). If a monster’s ATK is brought to 0 by this effect, the monster is destroyed and Chase can destroy up to 2 cards on the field, choosing one of Zelda’s face down cards and one of Scott’s face down cards. Chase attacks Scott and Zelda directly with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis.

Scott and Zelda’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6000

Chase then attacks Zelda and Scott directly with Number 194: Black Hole Sun.

Scott and Zelda’s Life Points: 6000 -> 3000

Chase ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Zelda was undeniably winded from the attack, but she still kept her composure and was ready to continue onwards.

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: C:3 Z:3 D:3 S:3 Zelda activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Zelda summons Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn without tributes, as her opponent controls a monster while she doesn’t (ATK: 2000 DEF: 900). Next, she special summons Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). Zelda activates her trap Delta Crow – Anti Reverse destroying all face down spell and trap cards her opponent controls when she controls a Blackwing monster.

Zelda then activates Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind’s effect, halving the ATK and DEF of a monster her opponent controls, choosing Number 194: Black Hole Sun (ATK: 3000 -> 1500, DEF: 3000 -> 1500). Zelda tunes Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn and Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind to synchro summon Black-Winged Dragon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1600). Zelda attacks Number 194: Black Hole Sun with Black-Winged Dragon. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 194: Black Hole Sun is not destroyed. Battle damage is applied normally.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6700

Zelda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Black-Winged Dragon?” asked Chase angrily.

“You didn’t expect that monster in there didn’t you?” chided Zelda. “It’s not labeled as a Blackwing so you didn’t expect it. I guess I do still have that Vegas spirit in me.”

Chase’s face convulsed with anger.

“Take that thing down!” yelled Chase.

Diana nodded.

____________________________________

Diana’s Turn: C:4 Z:4 D:4 S:4 Diana summons Harpie Lady 3 (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1400). Diana overlays Harpie Lady 3 and Amazoness Fighter to xyz summon Number 123: Serpentine Wings (ATK: 1900 DEF: 2000). Diana activates her speed spell Speed Energy, increasing Number 123: Serpentine Wings’ ATK by 200 for each speed counter that she has (200 x 4 = 800, ATK: 1900 -> 2700).

Diana then activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 4 -> 0), she can inflict 800 points of damage to Zelda and Scott for each spell card in her hand. She has one. With Black-Winged Dragon’s effect, if Zelda would take effect damage, a Feather counter is placed on it instead and it loses 700 ATK (FeC.: 0 -> 1) (ATK: 2800 -> 2100). Diana then activates Number 123: Serpentine Wings’ effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from this card, the activation of all spell, trap, and monster effects on the field are negated when this card attacks. Diana attacks Black-Winged Dragon with Number 123: Serpentine Wings.

Zelda and Scott’s Life Points: 3000 -> 2400

Diana ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-6700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“Don’t worry, Zelda,” said Scott. “I’m not letting your Dragon’s destruction be in vain.”

____________________________________

Scott’s Turn: C:5 Z:5 D:1 S:5 Scott activates his Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Then, he activates the speed spell Summon Speeder, special summoning Vylon Prism (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1500). Scott then normal summons Vylon Hapt (ATK: 1800 DEF: 800). Scott tunes Vylon Hapt with Vylon Prism to synchro summon Vylon Epsilon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1200).

Scott then activates his trap Call of the Haunted, special summoning Black-Winged Dragon from his and Zelda’s graveyard. Scott overlays Black-Winged Dragon and Vylon Epsilon to xyz summon Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ (ATK: 3400 DEF: 2500). Scott activates Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ’s effect. By detaching one xyz material, Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ’s ATK increases by 100 times the rank of every xyz monster on the field excluding its own (100 x (4 + 4 + 4) = 1200, ATK: 3400 -> 4600). Scott attacks Number 194: Black Hole Sun with Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 6700 -> 3600

Chase activates his Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster he controls was destroyed.

Scott places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“No,” whispered Chase. “I will not be defeated by a traitorous bitch like you!” he finally yelled.

____________________________________

Chase’s Turn: C:6 Z:6 D:2 S:6 Chase summons Wind-Up Dog (ATK: 1200 DEF: 900). Chase special summons another Wind-Up Shark from his hand. Chase activates Wind-Up Dog’s effect, increasing its level by 2 and its ATK by 600 (Lvl.: 3 -> 5) (ATK: 1200 -> 1800). Chase then activates Wind-Up Shark’s effect, increasing its level by 1 (Lvl.: 4 -> 5). Chase overlays Wind-Up Dog and Wind-Up Shark to xyz summon Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1700). Chase then activates the speed spell Half Seize, halving the ATK of a monster on the field and gaining life points equal to that amount, choosing Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ (ATK: 3400 -> 1700).

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 3600 -> 5300

Chase attacks Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ with Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja, but Scott activates Gift of the Mystical Elf, increasing his life points by 300 for every monster on the field before the attack hits (300 x 3 = 900).

Zelda and Scott’s Life Points: 2400 -> 3300

Zelda and Scott’s Life Points: 3300 -> 2600

Chase then attacks Zelda and Scott directly with Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis.

Zelda and Scott’s Life Points: 2600 -> 600

Chase activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters (SpC.: 6 -> 2), he can inflict 800 points of damage for each speed spell in his hand. He has 2. Zelda then activates Immortal Dragon, special summoning Black-Winged Dragon from her graveyard. With Black-Winged Dragon’s effect, if Zelda would take effect damage, a Feather counter is placed on it instead and it loses 700 ATK (FeC.: 0 -> 1) (ATK: 2800 -> 2100).

Chase ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-5300 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“And I will not be defeated by the likes of you,” said Zelda. “I have too much riding on this duel to let you take it away from me.”

“Your life is meaningless!” yelled Chase. “Once this duel is over, you will burn in hell and that will be the end of that!”

“Who said I was fighting this duel for me?”

“What?”

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: C:3 Z:7 D:3 S:7 Zelda activates another Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Zelda activates the effect of Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor from her graveyard, removing it and a non-tuner Blackwing monster in her graveyard from play to special summon a Blackwing synchro monster from her extra deck, removing it and Blackwing – Elphin the Raven to special summon Blackwing Armor Master (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1500). Zelda then activates the effect of Black-Winged Dragon, removing all Feather counters from it (ATK: 2100 -> 2800) and lowering an opponent’s monster’s ATK by 700 for each Feather counter removed, choosing Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis (ATK: 2000 -> 1300). Zelda’s opponent also takes damage equal to the ATK lost by this effect.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 5300 -> 4600

Zelda then activates the speed spell Silver Contrails, increasing a monster’s ATK by 1000, choosing Black-Winged Dragon (ATK: 2800 -> 3800). Zelda attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Blackwing Armor Master. Since Numbers can only be destroyed in battle with other Numbers, Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis is not destroyed. Battle damage is applied normally.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 4600 -> 3400

When Blackwing Armor Master attacks a monster a Wedge counter is placed on it. Zelda then removes this counter, having Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis’ ATK become 0 (ATK: 1300 -> 0). Zelda attacks Number 166: Preying Steel – Katana Mantis with Black-Winged Dragon.

Chase and Diana’s Life Points: 3400 -> 0

Zelda and Scott win.


Chase crashed his D-Wheel, tumbling to the ground. Diana drove up next to him to see if he was alright. Zelda and Scott used this opportunity to ride away. They were also relieved to know that even after driving away, the duel anchors were not attached to them anymore and they were free. Upon parking their D-Wheels back at the theater, Zelda hugged Scott.

“I’m so sorry I had to get you involved in that,” she said with sadness in her voice.

“I already told you, we’re in this together,” said Scott. “If I have to risk my life to protect you, then so be it. Plus, we’re through having to battle anymore Vegas members. We can at least find comfort in that.”

“Yeah,” said Zelda, unsure of herself.

____________________________________

“Princess Celestia!” yelled one of the royal guards in the Canterlot palace.

“What is it?” she responded.

“We have gotten reports of a breaking of rule 13 subrules IX and X.”

“So? Disqualify them already.”

“That’s just it, your majesty. Whenever we try to ban them from the tournament, I keep getting this error message.”

Princess Celestia looked at the royal guard’s D-Pad tablet and saw an incomprehensible arrangement of letters and strange symbols.

“Here let me try,” she said taking the tablet.

She saw that Diana and Chase had committed these crimes. Princess Celestia then tapped a button on the screen that spelt DISQUALIFY. She then got a message saying ARE YOU SURE? ONCE A DUELIST IS BANNED, THIS CANNOT BE REVERSED. CONTINUE? She tapped the button that said YES. As before, the same error screen showed up. Whatever the situation was, it seemed the Vegas Bureau was impervious to disqualification.

“Just who are you?” whispered Celestia to herself.

PreviousChapters Next