• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38: Domination

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured cards: Theinen the Great Sphinx

Effect Monster Level: 10 ATK: 3500 DEF: 3000 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Beast

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by paying 500 Life Points when both "Andro Sphinx" and "Sphinx Teleia" on your side of the field are destroyed at the same time; then you can Special Summon this monster from your hand or Deck. When this card is Special Summoned successfully, pay 500 Life Points to increase the ATK of this card by 3000 points until the end of the End Phase.

Almost as soon as Alex and Eli sat down to watch the next duel, the gates holding Scott and Zelda and Ryan and Mark back flew open.

“Alright everypony,” said the announcer, “we will now commence the last semi-final match. Please welcome the competiting teams, Scott and Zelda, and Ryan and Mark!”

The cheers were mixed, several ponies cheering Scott and Zelda, while the others booed Mark and Ryan, the sole exceptions being Rainbow Dash and her friends, who knew where Ryan’s loyalties really lied. As they met in the middle, the light spinner appeared to choose their mode of dueling. The light landed on the space marked RD. Riding doubles.

“We have our first riding doubles match of the day. This will function much like the earlier riding relay match, but you will be flying together. As usual, good luck to both teams!”

Ryan and Mark placed their D-Pad tablets on their chests, the long sides running parallel with their sides. Their tablets began glowing as usual, but instead of a car like they normally used, the light spread over their torso and over onto their backs. The light then extended out from their shoulders, forming a pair of folded wings. When the light subsided, both Mark and Ryan had large black contraptions on their upper bodies that resembled jet packs, but instead of a rocket in the back, there were a pair of wings folded in like an angels, making them easier to move in moderately packed spaces. Zelda had already taken her braviary out and Scott had taken Cirrus out. Zelda, having been in the Bureau and having known their tricks, wasn’t impressed, but Scott certainly was.

“…Alright,” said the announcer, still recovering from shock, “let’s get this match underway.”

The drawbridges leading to the edge of the city opened up, letting all of the duelists go to their respective sides. The Speed World 2 field spell was activated.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

*BEEP*

Ryan and Mark lept off while Cirrus grabbed hold of Scott and Zelda’s braviary held her and swooped down after them. Scott’s immense speed with Cirrus seemed to get him the chance for the first turn, but then, Mark and Ryan’s metal wings unfolded and spread out. Then, the backs of Ryan’s wings glowed a bright white. Suddenly, a burst of energy shot out of the wings, easily boosting Ryan ahead of Scott and guaranteeing him the first turn. Scott could look at the wings a little closely now, and he saw five squares on them, each with a red triangle on them: two on both wings, and one in the center where the pack was.

Mark and Ryan then roped Scott and Zelda with their duel anchors, but what surprised Zelda was that the anchors weren’t black.

“Aren’t you supposed to try and kill me?” asked Zelda.

“In due time,” said Mark. “First, I want to see the prolonged look of misery on your face when I take your precious wolf Number from you. Then, once we obtain the mysterious power from the Numbers cards after we win this tournament, death will seem like a paradise compared with to hell I’m going to put you through.”

Mark and Ryan’s graveyard zones where the D-Pad’s normally rest on during a normal duel then glowed a bright white, but they remained that way through-out the duel. Scott and Zelda then unsheathed their duel disks as all 4 duelists drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Ryan and Mark vs. Scott and Zelda

Ryan’s Turn: R:1 S:0 M:0 Z:0 Ryan summons one monster face down.

Ryan places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Scott saw as Ryan inserted each of his cards into his graveyard slot and they appeared on the squares on his wing as if by magic. The ingenuity of the Vegas Bureau continued to impress him.

____________________________________

Scott’s Turn: R:1 S:1 M:0 Z:0 Scott activates the speed spell Overboost, increasing his speed counters by 4 (SpC.: 1 -> 5). Scott summons Vylon Hapt (ATK: 1800 DEF: 800). Scott then activates the speed spell Summon Speeder, special summoning Vylon Stella (ATK: 1400 DEF: 200).

Scott places 2 cards face down and ends his turn. Scott’s speed counters return to 1 because of Overboost’s effect (SpC.: 5 -> 1).

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“You should remember this deck, Zelda,” called Mark. “After all, it’s the deck I trained you with.”

____________________________________

Mark’s Turn: R:1 S:1 M:1 Z:0 Mark summons Rescue Rabbit (ATK: 300 DEF: 100). Mark then banishes Rescue Rabbit to special summon 2 level 4 or lower normal monsters with the same name from his deck, choosing 2 Wilmees (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1200). Mark overlays the 2 Wilmees to xyz summon Number 112: Stone Shield Gorilla in defense position (ATK: 1600 DEF: 2400).

Mark places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Zelda was, to say the least, quite surprised. It looked as if Ryan and Marks strategy was something that transcended the dueling field. It was an element of surprise for sure, using different decks to slip the opponents up. Thankfully, she had defeated the Wind-Ups when controlled by Chase, she had dueled the T.G.’s under Mark’s control, and now, Mark was using a deck that she was familiar to him using when she was a comrade of his in the Vegas Bureau. This duel would not be over just yet.

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: R:1 S:1 M:1 Z:1 Scott activates his trap Uphill Shift, having everyone’s speed counters raise by 1 until the end phase (SpC.: 1 -> 2). Zelda activates Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. When Blackwing – Breeze the Zephyr is added to her hand from her deck by a card effect, she can special summon it (ATK: 1100 DEF: 300). Then, she special summons Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind, as she controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). Zelda activates Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind’s effect, halving an opponent’s ATK and DEF, choosing Number 112: Stone Shield Gorilla (ATK: 1600 -> 800, DEF: 2400 -> 1200). Zelda overlays Blackwing – Breeze the Zephyr, Vylon Stella, and Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind to xyz summon Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300).

Zelda then normal summons Blackwing – Kochi the Daybreak (ATK: 700 DEF: 1500). Zelda tunes Vylon Hapt with Blackwing – Kochi the Daybreak to synchro summon Black-Winged Dragon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1600). Zelda attacks Number 112: Stone Shield Gorilla with Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit. Zelda then attacks Ryan’s face down monster with Black-Winged Dragon, which is a T.G. Jet Falcon (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200), but Ryan activates Invincible Hero, preventing his monster’s destruction.

Zelda places 1 card face down and ends her turn. Everyone’s speed counters return to normal (SpC.: 2 -> 1).

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Despite being familiar with the two decks that her opponents were using, she had never faced them both in tandem. They were hell-bent on winning this thing and they’d use every single drop of their power to ensure that.

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: R:2 S:2 M:2 Z:2 Ryan summons T.G. Catapult Dragon (ATK: 900 DEF: 1300). With T.G. Catapult Dragon’s effect, Ryan can special summon a T.G. tuner from his hand, choosing T.G. Cyber Magician (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Ryan tunes T.G. Catapult Dragon with T.G. Jet Falcon to synchro summon T.G. Hyper Librarian (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1800). When T.G. Jet Falcon is used as synchro material, 500 points of damage are inflicted to the opponent, but with Black-Winged Dragon’s effect, a Black Feather counter is placed on it instead (FeC.: 0 -> 1). Black-Winged Dragon loses 700 ATK for each Black Feather counter on it (ATK: 2800 -> 2100).

Ryan then activates the effect of T.G. Cyber Magician, using T.G. monsters in his hand as the non-tuner synchro materials. Ryan tunes T.G. Rush Rhino in his hand with T.G. Cyber Magician to synchro summon T.G. Wonder Magician (ATK: 1900 DEF: 0). With T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect, whenever a monster is synchro summoned, Ryan draws 1 card. When T.G. Wonder Magician is synchro summoned, Ryan can destroy 1 spell and trap card on the field, choosing Zelda’s face down card. Ryan tunes T.G. Hyper Librarian with T.G. Wonder Magician to accel synchro summon T.G. Blade Blaster (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2200). Ryan attacks Black-Winged Dragon with T.G. Blade Blaster. Scott tries to activate Magic Cylinder, but Ryan activates T.G. Blade Blaster’s effect, discarding 1 card to negate the activation of a spell or trap card that targets it. The attack goes through.

Scott and Zelda’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6800

Ryan activates his face down TG-SX1, special summoning a T.G. synchro monster from his graveyard when a T.G. monster destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, choosing T.G. Hyper Librarian.

Ryan places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Ryan dueled a little differently with the T.G. deck than Mark had. While Mark was faster and more cunning with the deck, Ryan was more patient and conservative, yet the speed was still a little much for Scott and Zelda to keep up. Thankfully, their hands were depleting, and it wouldn’t be long before Scott and Zelda had a hole to punch through.

____________________________________

Scott’s Turn: R:3 S:3 M:3 Z:3 Scott activates his trap Sixth Sense, choosing 2 numbers between 1 and 6 (5 and 6). A die is rolled, and if the result of the roll is any of the numbers that Scott chose, he draws that many cards. The roll ends up in a six. Scott draws six cards. Scott summons Vylon Prism (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1500). Scott then activates the speed spell Double Summon, summoning Vylon Soldier (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Scott tunes Vylon Soldier with Vylon Prism to synchro summon Vylon Epsilon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1200).

Ryan draws 1 card with T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect. Next, Scott activates the speed spell Count Up, discarding any number of cards in his hand to raise his speed counters by 2 for each card he discarded (1) (SpC.: 3 -> 5). Scott then activates the speed spell Dead Synchron, removing from play the materials listed on a synchro monster in his extra deck and synchro summoning it, banishing Vylon Soldier and Vylon Prism to synchro summon another Vylon Epsilon. Ryan draws another card with T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect. Scott overlays both Vylon Epsilons to xyz summon Number 171: Grand Harmonious Pipe Organ (ATK: 3400 DEF: 2500). Scott attacks T.G. Hyper Librarian, but Mark activates Negate Attack.

Scott places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“I’m sure you’ll remember this one,” said Mark.

____________________________________

Mark’s Turn: R:4 S:4 M:4 Z:4 Mark activates his Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Mark then activates Pyramid of Light. Next, Mark pays 500 life points to special summon Andro Sphinx with its effect (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500).

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7500

Mark then pays another 500 life points to special summon Sphinx Teleia from his hand (ATK: 2500 DEF: 3000).

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 7500 -> 7000

Mark then activates the speed spell Lightning Rod, destroying Pyramid of Light. When Pyramid of Light are destroyed, so are Andro Sphinx and Sphinx Teleia. When Andro Sphinx and Sphinx Teleia are destroyed at the same time, Mark can special summon Theinen the Great Sphinx from his deck (ATK: 3500 DEF: 3000). Mark activates Theinen the Great Sphinx’s effect. By paying 500 life points when it was summoned, its ATK increases by 3000 (ATK: 3500 -> 6500).

Ryan and Mark’s Life Points: 7000 -> 6500

Ryan activates Trap Stun, preventing the activation of all trap cards on the field until the end of this turn. Mark attacks Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit with Theinen the Great Sphinx.

Scott and Zelda’s Life Points: 6800 -> 2500

Mark places 1 card face down and ends his turn. Theinen the Great Sphinx's ATK returns to normal (ATK: 6500 -> 3500).

Status: Hand-0 Life-6500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Of all the hits being taken, Zelda was always on the receiving end. He knew that to dwindle their life points down the fastest, Rand and Mark would need to attack Zelda, but it felt so… personal.

“Why do you hate Zelda so much?” asked Scott.

“That’s none of your concern!”

“You’re attacking my friend, so it’s fully my concern.”

Mark just turned his head and kept straight ahead.

____________________________________

Zelda’s Turn: R:5 S:5 M:5 Z:5 Zelda switches Number 199: Lunar Wolf Spirit into defense position. Next, Zelda summons Blackwing – Jetstream the Blue Sky (ATK: 100 DEF: 800). Zelda then special summons another Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind from her hand, as she controls a Blackwing monster. Then, she special summons Blackwing – Bora the Spear, as he controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1700 DEF: 800). Ryan activates T.G. Blade Blaster’s effect, removing a T.G. monster in his graveyard from play to remove T.G. Blade Blaster from play. Zelda tunes Blackwing – Bora the Spear and Blackwing – Jetstream the Blue Sky with Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind to synchro summon Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2200).

Ryan draws a card with T.G. Hyper Librarian’s effect. Zelda activates Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant’s effect. When it’s synchro summoned, Zelda can destroy up to two monsters that the opponent controls with DEF lower than Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant’s ATK, choosing T.G. Hyper Librarian. Zelda cannot activate her battle phase the turn she activates that effect.

Zelda ends her turn. During the end phase that T.G. Blade Blaster was removed from play by its own effect, it’s special summoned back to the field.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

Alex and Eli were stunned. Minus the few life points that Mark payed to activate his monster’s effects, Scott and Zelda, the latter especially, couldn’t land a single hit on their opponents. There was no mistaking it. This was the unbridled power of Ryan and Mark’s camaraderie. The duel seemed all but over.

____________________________________

Ryan’s Turn: R:5 S:5 M:5 Z:5 Ryan activates High Speed Crash, destroying T.G. Blade Blaster to destroy one of Scott’s face down cards. Next, Mark activates his Dead Synchron, removing from play T.G. Catapult Dragon and T.G. Jet Falcon to synchro summon T.G. Power Gladiator (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1000). Ryan then normal summons Wind-Up Dog (ATK: 1200 DEF: 900). When a Wind-Up monster is special summoned, Ryan can special summon Wind-Up Shark from his hand (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1300).

Once per turn, Ryan can raise Wind-Up Dog’s level by 2 and Wind-Up Shark’s level by 1 until the end phase with their effects (Lvl.: 3 -> 5) (Lvl.: 4 -> 5). Ryan overlays Wind-Up Shark, Wind-Up Dog, and T.G. Power Gladiator to xyz summon Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky (ATK: 2000 DEF: 3500). Ryan activates Number 160: Cannon Android – Rocket Rocky’s effect. By detaching 2 xyz materials from it, Ryan can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to the monster’s original ATK, choosing Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant.

Scott and Zelda’s Life Points: 2500 -> 0

Ryan and Mark win.


Alex and Eli couldn’t believe it. Scott and Zelda have been devastated by Ryan and Mark. The only thing that stood between them and the princesses now were themselves. Zelda’s braviary swooped into the stadium and laid the battered and exhausted Zelda onto the ground. Scott, who hadn’t been hit at all by any of Ryan or Mark’s attacks, quickly scooped Zelda up and carried them to the doctor inside the stadium. Pinkie Pie went there too, with Lucas following. Alex and Eli could only watch as the few Numbers that Scott and Zelda had flew into the hands of Mark and Ryan, their final obsticle.

PreviousChapters Next