• Published 26th May 2017
  • 688 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: Promised Match

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder

Xyz Monster Rank: 8 ATK: 1500 DEF: 2500 Attribute: DARK Type: Machine

2 Level 8 monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy all Xyz Monsters your opponent controls, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to their monsters' total ATK.

Maddie and Charley were sitting under a tree by the Highland Reservoir enjoying a thermos of soup provided by Fluttershy. The soup was thick and warm enough to fill them up and have the energy required to stay up for the last couple of hours of the preliminaries. Plus, they were waiting for someone.

It had already been about 20 minutes after Charley and Maddie finished their soup, but they were still waiting. Finally, a pegasus flew down from the side of the reservoir opposite where Charley and Maddie were. Another figure mysteriously appeared behind her. Charley and Maddie were expecting these two for some time now. It was Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart.

“So, you’ve come,” said Derpy Hooves.

“Of course,” said Charley. “You didn’t expect us to just chicken out now, did you?”

“I may not know you quite enough, but I would like to think that you’d accept a challenge when presented to you.”

“Then you know me quite well.”

“Listen,” said Maddie. “It will be midnight in a little more than an hour, so we should try and get this duel going before then.”

“Fussy,” giggled Little Strongheart. “Fine, enough banter. Let’s duel.”

Maddie, Charley, Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart vs. Maddie and Charley

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she special summons Doom Dozer from her hand by removing from play 2 Insect-type monsters from her graveyard (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2600). Then, she normal summons Chainsaw Insect (ATK: 2400 DEF: 0).

Derpy Hooves places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Shit,” said Maddie nonchalantly. “That’s some serious strength there… perfect.”

____________________________________

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie special summons Medium of the Ice Barrier, as her opponent controls 4 more cards than she does (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1600). Maddie then normal summons Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000).

Maddie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“It seems that what I thought was my field advantage turned out to be your field advantage,” said Derpy Hooves. “I’m impressed.”

“Don’t hold your breath,” said Little Strongheart. “It’s a little early to begin complementing our opponents. Especially since I still haven’t taken my first turn.”

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart special summons Izanagi from her hand by removing a Spirit monster in her hand from play (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1100). Next, she tributes Izanagi and Chainsaw Insect to summon Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2900). Little Strongheart overlays Doom Dozer and Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi to xyz summon Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder (ATK: 1500 DEF: 2500).

Little Strongheart places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I happen to know about your tendencies to, how do you say… fly off the handle,” said Derpy Hooves.

“So it’s going to take a lot more than brute force to defeat the likes of us,” finished Little Strongheart.

“Hmph,” snorted Charley with a sneer. “We’ll see.”

____________________________________

Charley’s Turn: Charley summons Gishki Chain (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1000). When Gishki Chain is normal summoned, she can look at the top 3 cards of her deck. If there is a ritual monster or ritual spell card among them, she can reveal them to her opponent and add them to her hand. She draws an Evigishki Levianima, a Gishki Aquamirror, and Gishki’s Duplicate Soul Mirror and adds them to her hand. Charley activates her Gishki Aquamirror, tributing Gishki Chain and Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier to ritual summon Evigishki Levianima (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1500).

Charley attacks Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder with Evigishki Levianima. When Evigishki Levianima declares an attack, Charley can draw 1 card. If it is a Gishki monster, Charley can randomly look at one card in her opponents hand. She draws a Gishki Vision. Charley looks in Derpy’s hand. She has Ancient Rules in her hand. The attack continues. Since Numbers can only be destroyed by other Numbers, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder isn’t destroyed. Battle damage is applied normally.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6800

Charley places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Really?” asked Derpy Hooves insultingly. “That’s the fruits of your brute force? I’ll be interested to see how little life points you’ll knock out on your next turn.”

“You are going to eat those words,” said Charley. “If not, I’ll shove them right down your throat.”

Derpy could tell that Charley was a mentally hardened woman when it came to dueling, but being mentally hardened and being a proficient duelist were two separate things. Charley’s threats didn’t faze her in the slightest.

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves’ Turn: Derpy Hooves activates Card Destruction, having each player send their hands to the graveyard and draw cards equal to the amount they discarded. Derpy Hooves then special summons Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior from her hand by removing an Insect-type monster to the graveyard (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1400). Next, she normal summons Inzektor Hopper (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1400). Derpy Hooves overlays Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior and Inzektor Hopper to xyz summon Number 145: Hercules Warrior Beetle (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2500). Derpy Hooves attacks Medium of the Ice Barrier. Charley attempts to activate Negate Attack, but Little Strongheart activates Trap Jammer, negating and destroying Negate Attack. The attack goes through.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7700

Derpy Hooves ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Don’t worry, girl,” said Maddie to her partner. “I’ll take care of these clowns.” “Maddie,” said Charley a little angrily, “don’t insult the good name of clowns.” Maddie giggled. “My apologies.”

____________________________________

Maddie’s Turn: Maddie activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier from her graveyard. Next, she normal summons Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1800). Maddie overlays Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier and Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier to xyz summon Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1600). Maddie activates Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, she can have one player on the field draw cards until there are 5 in their hand. For every monster card drawn, 500 points of damage is inflicted. For every trap card drawn, 400 points of damage are inflicted. For every spell card drawn, 300 points of damage is inflicted. Derpy Hooves draws 3 monsters, and 2 spells

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 6800 -> 4700

Maddie then activates Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon’s effect on Little Strongheart. She draws a monster, a trap, and a spell card.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 4700 -> 3000

Maddie then attacks Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer with Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon. Derpy Hooves activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing the destruction of Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer during the battle phase. Battle damage is still applied.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 3000 -> 2600

Maddie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-7700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

“Boo-yah!” exclaimed Maddie while doing a small celebratory dance. “How is that for brute force?”

“I don’t know,” said Little Strongheart. “You tell me.”

____________________________________

Little Strongheart’s Turn: Little Strongheart activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field. Next, she equips Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder with Megamorph, doubling its ATK (ATK: 1500 -> 3000). Little Strongheart activates Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder's effect. By detaching 1 xyz material she can destroy all xyz monsters the opponent controls and inflict damage equal to their ATK, destroying Number 117: Blizzard Horns – Tundragon.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 7700 -> 5800

Little Strongheart then special summons Yamato-no-Kami by removing a spirit monster in her graveyard from play (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1200). Next, she equips Yamato-no-Kami with Mirror of Yata. Finally, she normal summons Asura Priest (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Little Strongheart attacks Evigishki Levianima with Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 5800 -> 5500

Little Strongheart attacks Maddie and Charley directly with Yamato-no-Kami.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 5500 -> 3300

Little Strongheart attacks Maddie and Charley with Asura Priest.

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 3300 -> 1600

Because Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s life points are higher than Maddie and Charley’s, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder's ATK is halved due to Megamorph’s effect (ATK: 3000 -> 750).

Little Strongheart places 1 card face down and ends her turn. During the end phase, Asura Priest returns to the owner’s hand the turn it was normal summoned. Because Yamato-no-Kami is equipped with Mirror of Yata, it doesn’t return to the hand at the end phase.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2600 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

Charley was a little surprised. For all that she had seen of Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart, it was evident that Derpy Hooves wore the pants in their relationship. Yet now, Little Strongheart was in complete control of this duel. Having knocked out more than three fourths of their life points in one turn, she was certainly a more powerful duelist than she had imagined. But that didn’t matter. She had a combo in her hands thanks to Derpy Hooves’ Card Destruction that could end this duel right now.

____________________________________

Charley’s Turn: Charley summons Gishki Natalia (ATK: 1800 DEF: 900). Next, she activates the spell card Surfacing, special summoning a level 3 or lower Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua monster from her graveyard in face up defense position, choosing Gishki Diviner (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Charley then activates Downward Current, making a monster’s level to anything between 1-3, lowering Gishki Natalia’s level to 3 (Lvl.: 4 -> 3). Charley overlays Gishki Natalia and Gishki Diviner to xyz summon Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000).

Charley then equips Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction with Steel Shell, increasing its ATK by 400 and lowering its DEF by 200 (ATK: 3000 -> 3400, DEF: 3000 -> 2800). Charley attacks Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer with Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction, but Little Strongheart activates Bye Bye Damage, preventing Number 15: Gimmick Puppet – Giant Killer’s destruction, and if Little Strongheart has battle damage inflicted onto her, her opponent has double the damage she took inflicted onto them.

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart’s Life Points: 2600 -> 0

Maddie and Charley’s Life Points: 1600 -> 0

The duel ends in a draw.

____________________________________

Derpy Hooves got up; shocked that she would draw with Maddie and Charley of all duelists. She observed as Charley grabbed Maddie’s hand and helped her up. She then looked at Little Strongheart, who was still lying on the ground contemplating the end of that duel. Either way, Derpy Hooves extended her arm to her teammate, who took it and pulled herself up on it.

“Excellent duel there, comrade,” complimented Derpy Hooves.

“Thanks Agent Derpy,” said Little Strongheart with a smile.

“I have to agree,” said Charley more calmly. “We should try and duel again see which one of us would win; it seems kind of a waste of our prowess to go all that way just to tie.”

“Yeah,” agreed Little Strongheart. “Until next time.”

“Wait,” said Maddie. “Since we tied, who gets whose Numbers?”

“Keep them,” said Derpy Hooves. “And we will keep ours. Until next time.”

Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart walked away.

PreviousChapters Next