• Published 24th Apr 2017
  • 850 Views, 53 Comments

Always Together, Forever Apart - bahatumay



Ledger Line may have found salvation for Cherry Jubilee's failing cherry orchard in a strange, wandering earth pony. Applejack may seem strange and secretive, and that hawk she's always with is a little weird, but at this point, he's desperate.

  • ...
3
 53
 850

Stinger

Spitfire chewed on her lower lip. “They're still kissing.”

Twilight looked up from her conversation with Zecora and Ledger Line. “Yeah, it probably passed into public indecency around an hour and twenty-five minutes ago,” she conceded. She gently scratched behind Spike’s ear fins. Spike was curled up on a large, enchanted pillow, fast asleep. Years may have passed, but he was still very young for a dragon, and it had certainly been a full adventure for him today.

Ledger Line agreed. He was all for seeing their happy ending, but apparently ‘happily ever after’ involved really sloppy kissing.

Spitfire looked back at them. “Are you going to tell them to stop?”

“Are you?” Twilight challenged.

Spitfire looked at them again, and shook her head. “I'm good. But seriously. It's been, like, two hours.” She turned to leave. “That's gotta be some kind of record.”

Comments ( 8 )

That was so cute:pinkiehappy:

WOW. No other word can convey my reaction. WOW.

This is one of my favorite stories ever. Absolutely awesome job. I love shapeshifting stories, I love AppleDash, and I love happy endings. Mad props, bahatumay.

probably won't watch the movie cause it's too hetero tho

I rather enjoyed this story. Has a nice pace to it and ledger line worked as the point of view during the set up section.

This is a good fanfic; it's a shame it hasn't gotten more views and likes. It's possible that the lack of cover art had something to do with that. Just a thought. Anyway, the pacing breezes along, yet doesn't feel too rushed. I had never even heard of the movie that inspired this fanfic, so I was genuinely surprised by the twists and turns. The only twist that I guessed was that Ardie was really Rainbow Dash, and that's just because the nickname makes it obvious. The characterization is solid, and Ledger Line works for this story without drawing too much attention to himself, which is how I prefer OCs to be.

I have a couple of nitpicks, though. First, I'm not sure if the hot air balloon would be faster than an athletic earth pony galloping. On the other hand, (slight spoiler for "Not Asking For Trouble") Pinkie used the balloon to travel all the way from Yakyakistan to Ponyville and back, seemingly in one night, so maybe magic propulsion is involved.

The other nitpick is that the "credits scenes" weren't strictly necessary to the fanfic. I guess you were trying to make it more like the movie, but you could have cut those scenes and it would have made no difference to me.

Overall, though, this is a neat little mystery/romance fic.

This was and is Perfect.

You took one of my favorite movies and did it justice via ponies.
Just amazing.

You stole this story concept. Always Together, Eternally Apart, a Kim Possible KiGo fic from way back in the day. Except Kim and Shego switch places as day and night change. Now, question is if that was intentional or not. You've probably never even read it and this is a coincidence. But still, eery if it is.

10238283
Haven’t read that one, but I was borrowing heavily from the 1985 movie Ladyhawke (IMDb link in the long description). Sounds like it’s a popular setup :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment