• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 4,188 Views, 136 Comments

The Human-Equestrian War - Damaskus Seraph



For years there has been an uneasy peace between the Human Kingdoms and the other nations of Equis, The humans being focoused on themselves due to thier many wars between eachother. But when one day they unite and turn thier might to claim their own.

Comments ( 34 )

uhhm noticed there's not the American countries, uhm who controls the largest most productive countries in the world? Can mankind secretly colonize them?

8780288
no americas, and taht depends on what you mean by productive

8780330
The north east US region produces most of the GDP for one country, and I would assume that's what he means.

8780330
So, The Americas don't exist in this world? That's dumb. If you're going to use Earth Continents, use all of them. Like the saying goes;

If you're going to go, might as well go all the way.

Anyway, good build-up so far.

8780963
Eh I wanted to just use the old world. Cause then there’s more land borders

8780991
Using half of Earth is wasting its potential. You can rectify this mistake by having them discover the land later, and it'll be fine.

8781042
But I’m laaaazyyy, plus this would’ve been the third time I changed the map (lost the first one so I had to look at the one I posted and re re-create it)

Also who would I put there?

Nothing good is going to come out of this

8780548
Is that even a thing? In this world of course.

8781097
You don't have to put any native sapient races. You can make it be full of animals and plants. All that matters is that since this world is Earth, albeit with different borders, it should include ALL OF IT.

8781715
Poison gas yes but the inside out magic would probably be some dark magic shit used by assassins or something. Probably not gonna appear on the story it’s just a joke

8782475
I mean I kinda have to, nobody is gonna leave unclaimed land unclaimed.

8782607
I think it looks great as it is, but if you wanted to add a race in American Continent do a serpent like race that is similar to the Mayans/Aztecs culture. Either way its all good mate.

Well, humanity does have a right to protect its own.

8782855
Maybe a naga creature or something. But I’ll probably not make an American continent... unless... I’ll get back to you on this.

8782607
Alright then. Do you have the Buffalo? If not, you can just fill the Americas with fractured tribes of those guys. Have them be undiscovered as of yet.

8783223
• Equestria, Griffen empire and The human Empire are the larest trading partners correct?
• Do the humans have allies outside of their territorys and are they still valid since they United as one?

//I stare at Aquila as he does the one thing i warned him to avoid. Declaring full protection for the city states around the world. The cost alone of sending troops and fleets to nearby places would be a nightmare alone. I look to the leaders around me, All are whispering to their neighbors. Chrysalis just smiles as she leans back in her chair. What did she say to him. Aquila, with one speech, made a powder keg of the world. And somebody soon is going to make a spark, Whether intentionally or not...//
Funny very funny!
:facehoof::rainbowlaugh:

8783609
no humans and griffins arent largest trading partners, Only the Tsardom of Muscovy which is now just a province could trade with them.

BISMARCK CALLED IT

8934666
Right now its borderline haitus, im working on my rome story at the moment.

8935070
ok i can live with that, keep it up!👍

Considering the stories title? Seems Equestria lights the keg on this world war

The politics of the previous chapters seem to imply a different layout than the map shows, primarily in which nations have territorial disputes with humanity as it seems odd that the minotaurs and centuars would have human nations scattered so far and away from the core nations. There is also an odd discrepancy where there is no three way border between Equestria, the griphon empire, and the humans due to the black sea separating the point where they would meet.

There is also a notable lack of push back from the former enemies within the human empire and the willingness to surrender formal power so easily from all involved despite no great driving force behind it. Usually there is either a driving force from outside or a sweeping ideological transition that drives warring nations to become accepting enough to ally, much less unify into one nation. Even among peaceful nations, it takes revolutionary shifts in power and politics, usually something which has left one or more of the nations leaderless, to have one nation combine or absorb another. To have over 85 monarchs willingly hand over their sovereignty after centries of war and unrest is unheard of and makes little sense. I can't even understand why Felix was willing to hand over his own throne when Aquila had his own beforehand.

To think that so many leaders became disenfranchised with their own nation to the point of believing it simply wasn't worth ruling anymore, the devastation that lead them there must be on par with post WW2 Poland with none of the national pride that held them together long enough to come back across every nation. Economies in shambles with broken populations reeling for decades before this unification came to pass. The perfect storm of events that would lead to the right people in the right positions to make the unification happen would be highly unlikely to the point of baseless fantasy... But i suppose that's kinda what this is... Still, a little work towards suspension of disbelief would be nice.

9291827
Yeah I tried to model it after german unification but forgot about the whole ‘Franco-Prussian war’ part.

Are you continuing this story because i like it!

9659700
probably not. Maybe but most likely no

9660647
Why? you just too lazy to finish what you start?

9980227
Not exactly. A combination of my losing interest in the mlp fandom, and being in college and now having a job. I don’t have as much time as I used to. I haven’t even been on the site in a week. Only checked up on stories I followed.

9982514
Atleast now I know why. Good luck in college.

11390922
Good to see you do drop in stilll time to time. I am returning to this site cause its getter harder to find good works on royal road now that I read most of them. Sadly it seems most of the really good stuff here was left unfinished, and I wonder if thats cause of changing interests or that it predates crowdfunding stories.

11390941
Idk about others but I lost interest and don’t have time for writing.

Login or register to comment