• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 1,013 Views, 18 Comments

Happy hearths warming! - Featherclaw



A fluttercord story involving the 25 days of christmas and a true meaning of hearth's warming.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,013

on the 21st day of christmas,

When Fluttershy woke up, she woke with such a jolt that she smacked the pony next to her, who was Amethyst. She immediately put her hooves to her lips, since she did it accidentally. She saw Amethyst wake up as soon as she put her hooves to her lips, then Amethyst put her hoof to her face, which got smacked.

"Ohh... What was that for?" She said groggily. Fluttershy's face grew a tad hot, since it was a funny reason to why she did do this action. Fluttershy replied to the sleepy Amethyst, and as soon as she said his name, Amethyst sat up and paid attention.

"I had a dream about Discord." Amethyst was wide awake, at least, she was trying too at this point. She smiled for a bit, but then frowned as she thought of the down side.

"What was the dream about?" She said as she rubbed her eyes.

"Well, as I said earlier, it was about Discord, and I imagined I was dancing with him, again." Fluttershy looked somber, as though she was wishing she could see him again.

"Wait.. Again?" Amethyst was a bit confused about what she said.

"Oh, never mind that. What we were doing, was as I said, dancing. Like last time, we were in a blizzard, but this particular blizzard, I could feel the snow on my fur. Last time, it felt like air. It was very similar to last time, when all I saw was darkness, but with the occasional flake in my eye. I was also not in the center of this blizzard. I could see the center, oddly enough, but I wasn't in the middle. I saw Discord, huddled up in a little ball, rocking back and forth, saying: 'i'll be good! I'LL BE GOOD!' Which really confuses me." Amethyst took this all in, by showing an array of emotions following it. "He also mumbled Celestia, which is also a bit odd. Maybe this is another one of those connected dreams..." Fluttershy wondered out loud.

"Wait. You had a connected dream with Discord?! Oh wait. That's right. I did know about that. S-sorry about that." Amethyst just closed her mouth as she closed her eyes for a bit.

"What do you think it means?" Fluttershy wanted to hear another pony's thoughts about this mystery.

"Well, I think it means that Discord was maybe trying to impress Celestia, but failed miserably because he is, well you know, used to be evil." Amethyst theorized. Fluttershy just stared at her. "O-kay. Maybe I am completely wro-"

"Wrong?!" Fluttershy practically jumped on Amethyst at her lack of confidence. "You're right! It makes a lot of sense! The fake Discord would go, but then leave the real Discord hanging, so he just has to go to Celestia. His mind would still be on, 'I need to impress her!' So he would be scolded for not being 'good.' What, am I going to far?" Fluttershy put her hooves up and gave a questioning look.

"Umm.. No you're not. But, maybe we should get back, because I bet our friends would be worrying about us." Fluttershy got up from her comfortable spot and stretched like a cat. She then quickly looked around the room, to make sure all the windows were closed, or locked. She saw a particularly big mound of candycanes on the windowsill. She went over to it, and grabbed one. She licked it, and gasped.

"What's wrong Fluttershy?" Amethyst said, a bit confused to why there was probably 21 candy canes in total on a windowsill.

"This tastes like coffee and lemon!" Fluttershy jumped giddily.

"Eww, that combination sounds a bit gross." Amethyst made a face.

"Oh. I know that, but this is a humongous sign!" She said as she licked the candy cane once again.

"A humongous sign for what?" Amethyst hesitantly grabbed one of the candy canes that had pink and blue on it.

"The real Discord is back!!! He made weird candy cane combinations back at home!" Fluttershy was practically bouncing, like she was on an invisible trampoline.

"Oh!" Amethyst said in realization. She licked hers, but hers tasted like ocean water and dead flowers. Yuck.

Fluttershy was a good ways down, before she bumped into the creature she meant to search for. Without him even looking at her, she leaped up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Discord then hugged Fluttershy back. She also gasped at what Discord held out. He was holding a little bracelet with her ring on it, and he was tearing up with joy. Fluttershy started crying, because she never saw him cry. She then hugged him once more, and put the necklace on herself.


On the 21st day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
21 candy canes,
20:17,
.19 carat ring,
18 cheatful love letters,
17 notepad pages,
16 winter snowflakes,
15 snowdigos,
14 sorrow, filled tears,
13 Flutter dreams,
12 muffins a making,
11 mittens,
10 signs of symptoms,
9 hooves of snow,
8 lookout ponies,
7 snowmare figures,
6 games, ponies play,
5 carrot cake, cookies,
4 heating blankets,
3 windigos,
2 Hershey's kisses,
and a great big breakfast buffet!

Author's Note:

Screw it... I'm tired, I'm lazy. This chapter was for Goldenchaos (sorta) and I also watched a movie yesterday and today, so that's why I'm late. Well, enjoy!!!

Comments ( 3 )

What movie was it?

7811025
Scrooged.

Not exactly kid-friendly

Oh, and another one that I forgot the name of.

Login or register to comment