• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 1,013 Views, 18 Comments

Happy hearths warming! - Featherclaw



A fluttercord story involving the 25 days of christmas and a true meaning of hearth's warming.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,013

On the 12th day of christmas,

Starlight was checking on the ponies who were having hypothermia. She continuously replaced the cold cloths and replaced it with warm ones. Well, more like luke-warm ones. She checked everypony's temperatures, which Rainbow Dash had a 36, and Fluttershy and Discord had a 35! How odd is it for those two to have the same recovery time, and the same temperature? Starlight thought. Yes, she was still theorizing. She concluded that they just had a connection while they were sleeping. She noticed the jerky movements from Discord that showed that he was dreaming, and from Fluttershy, well, she was kicking a little, which was a funny sight. Starlight then saw Dinky's eyes flutter open. Dinky just woke up. She yawned and stretched slightly. She then saw Starlight staring at her. Dinky gave her a weird look.

"Umm, who are you?" Dinky said in her bubbly voice.

"Oh, well, um, My name is Starlight Glimmer. And I am here to stay. I was here to heal you, and to make you well again, so you can play okay."

Dinky realized the catchy tune from one of Pinkie Pie's songs. It was the exact same, or, at lest very similar. So Dinky hummed with Starlight.

"You've had something called, Hypo-thermia. So let me heal you, so stay awake, then you can stay alive." Dinky understood what Starlight meant. She was having, whatever she just mentioned, and she needs to rest.

"'Cause I need you to recover and heal, oh yes, I so very do. It makes me happy to see you bright and, lively, oh yes it does. Because the key of living, is to stay healthy. Oh just stay alive my friends." Starlight's little song ended and Dinky clopped with her little hooves.

"That was great Starlight! You sang beautifully! So, you are a, Doctor? That heals ponies? And, well, doesn't do time travelly stuff. Right?" Starlight was a bit amused, since she knew the comprehension of the little pony, and also, that she did actually travel time. How ironic.

"Umm, that's right. Now, would you help me around the tent? Or would you like to go back to sleep?" Starlight offered.

"I want to help you around the tent! 'cause Helping is caring! Oh wait. That's sharing. But i think it's still the same thing. Oh whatever." Dinky got up from her cozy spot and slipped on a sweater. She then trotted on over to Starlight.

"Okay Dinky. So what we have to do, is that we have to take off the cloths from the cold ponies' shoulders and chest. You then give me the cloths and I will exchange, and give you some warm ones. Okay?" Dinky nodded in response. Dinky ran over to Discord, who was the closest. She stared at Discord for a while, then took his cloths by her mouth. She then hoofed them to Starlight.

"Wait. Aren't you a, unicorn?" Starlight gazed at her horn.

"Well, yeah. But I couldn't grab stuff with magic all of a sudden. It's weird. Well, I guess I will have to do it earth pony style!" Dinky trotted on over to Rainbow Dash and grabbed her cloth, squinting, but then deciding that she should just stick with grabbing it with her mouth. Starlight looked at her checklist, and realized that Twilight noted another thing.

I did a spell, and used it on Dinky. Wake me if she is dying, then I will come, but if she is not, then note what is happening. Oh okay, maybe she is just, having a little hiccup. I hope. Starlight decided to run some tests on Dinky, after she gave her the cloths. When Dinky gave Fluttershy the cloths, Starlight called her over.

"Dinky? Do you mind if I run some tests on you? To see if you really recovered from, Hypothermia." Starlight was lying. She hoped Dinky didn't notice. Starlight did a spell, and made an eye chart appear. Dinky called out the letters, grudging every letter. She covered her right eye, then her left eye. She got perfect vision, which was amazing. Then she set up a pen, and Dinky could lift it up, but only for a second. Dinky was shocked herself about her failure. She then tried a simple piece of paper, and she couldn't even lift that up! Dinky sat down, her eyes watering. Starlight did a quick test, then she saw what was wrong. Dinky had horn inversus.

"Dinky, you have a side effect from Twilight casting a spell on you, to cure you of your hypothermia. You see, she told me that you were almost about to die, and she had to do this one spell to keep you alive. Now, you know how there is alway's a twist to everything? Well, your horn got twisted in a way, so now, instead of your horn being, counter clockwise, it is clockwise. I'm sorry Dinky." Starlight felt true pity for her.

"*sniff sniff* I don't want your pity!" Dinky shouted. She then covered her mouth with one of her hooves. "I'm sorry, well, not sorry. Sorry doesn't give you anything, only pity." Dinky then stomped away, off to an obscure room.

"*sigh* I, I just don't know what to tell her! She is such a cute filly, and I cant just wipe that attitude of hers, away. She was always cheerful, always looking on the good side. Now, she has a permanent disability. Just like her mother. I can tell she is always so sick and tired of ponies calling her mother names, and now her. Oh, what should I do?" Starlight said out loud. She tried to think of things that Dinky likes, and, all Starlight could come up with, is muffins.

"Maybe I could bake muffins with her." Starlight concluded.


Dinky was sulking in the corner, making herself miserable. Starlight was behind her, and she couldn't think of what to say. Dinky had heard Starlight walk in, and now she spoke.

"I thought I told you to not pity me." Dinky's voice was shaky. Starlight could tell that she was still getting over crying. Starlight then had an idea.

"Dinky, I'm sorry that, well, you already know. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you want to make muffins with me?" Starlight knew Dinky would reject it, but to her surprise, Dinky accepted.

"Sure, but as long as you don't use your magic." Starlight understood and nodded.


Before Starlight went to go make muffins with Dinky, she went to wake up Twilight, so she could have her shift.

"Twilight? It's Starlight. I am making muffins with Dinky. Could you please take over while I'm gone?" Twilight was still rubbing her eyes.

"Oh really? Well, I guess that's okay. I will be medic for now. Oh, don't forget to wash your hooves!" Twilight mumbled as she walked out of the room and into the medical tent.

"Okay Dinky. Let's go make a dozen muffins!" Starlight ran up to Dinky.

"Thank you Starlight. And, I'm sorry for what I said to you."

"Me too."


On the 12th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me,
12 muffins a making,
11 mittens,
10 signs of symptoms,
9 hooves of snow,
8 look out ponies,
7 snowmare figures,
6 games, ponies play,
5 carrot cake cookies,
4 heating blankets,
3 windigos,
2 Hershey's kisses,
and a great big breakfast buffet!