• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 1,013 Views, 18 Comments

Happy hearths warming! - Featherclaw



A fluttercord story involving the 25 days of christmas and a true meaning of hearth's warming.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,013

On the 6th day of christmas,

Just like old times, Discord and Fluttershy were having tea and cucumber sandwiches. Through the whole time they were having the tea party, they were having trouble thinking about what they should talk about. Fluttershy finally thought of something to begin a conservation, and that was talking about Discord's past.

"Discord? Do you remember who your parents were?" Fluttershy bit into a sandwich.

"M-my parents? Oh, I don't think you would like the story of my parents. How about yours?" Discord asked her, though already knew the answer.

"I've already told you of my parents! Please, Discord, if this relationship is going to go anywhere, I should know of my in-laws." Discord's mind whirled. Fluttershy, knowing of his parents?! No no no...

"I don't think that is a good idea..." Discord twiddled his thumbs.

"You think that me, knowing of your parents, is a bad idea?" Fluttershy looked at him with concern.

"*sigh* Fine. But I warn you! This is not a happy, sappy tale...*ahem* So, once upon a time, or, when I was born, I remember my parents looking down at me. They were fuzzy shapes, I knew, but then all of a sudden I got taken, and all I saw, was green vines. Why green vines? Well, I think I lived in a jungle or somewhere. My parents came to me more clearly now, and they looked exactly like I did, well, more like parent, looked exactly like I did. My dad had a round face that was slim, and had he had bushy eyebrows. He also had the deer horn that I have, and also a ram horn. So through simple genetics, I was able to tell that my mother had the blue horn, and possibly a unicorn horn as well. Now, as I grew, I got used to the ways and the culture of the jungle. Yet one of the weirdest things that I deeply regretted doing, is the maturity games. The maturity games are named after yourself and you have to do a series of tests, to prove your maturity for the pony you get at the end. So first was the agility games. The one where you have to show your speed and efficiency and strength through courses. The second one is the food games. This one is very basic, but very deadly. You have to choose between different ingredients to make a cake. Oh, I have also heard a rumor that someone made a cake that was so good, it made him get extra powers in his already powerful chaos magic. The cake was a lie though. So the third one is the survival games. This one is where you get placed in the barren jungles, the place where you don't want to be. It is sort of like the everfree forest, except, multiply that by 100. Then there is the last one, which is the love games. This one is to choose the pony you get at the end. They have to go through a series of tests, similar to your own but easier, since they are ponies. The first seven who win, will get to be decided by the draconequus who has passed the games. Who ever was the unlucky mare who got chosen, would be the draconequus's mate. The End..." Discord whispered the last sentence as he buried his face into his talon and claw.

He was expecting a response of his culture being messed up, or something along that route. Yet Fluttershy asked a question that really threw Discord off.

"Do you remember your seven ponies?" Fluttershy looked at Discord with sadness but also curiosity.

"Well, when I ran away, I was about to get the seventh pony, but I got a little cuckoo with the fury on this princess that I captured. She had to get back to her kingdom and I just about had enough with her, so I brought her to her kingdom and was shocked at how un-protected the place was! Using magic from inside of me, I blasted the place with chaos, and half of my mind said that this was probably from the chaos of his home, and the forest, or it is just a gene. Then the other half, my good half, said that I should rule over this place, and act a bit ridiculous. Which I did. Oh, to answer your question, the first pony was Firefly, then was a pony who looked a lot like applejack and I think was called applejack, then there was a pony who was turquoise and with purple hair. I think was called Sparkler or something, then there was Surprise, Twilight Twinkle, and Posey. Oh yeah, and Princess Celestia." Realizing he said a bit too much than he wanted too, he covered his mouth with his paw and talon.

"Princess Celestia?" Fluttershy questioned.

"Yeah... Wait... Posey?! Your grandmother?!" Discord was bewildered at how old Fluttershy's grandmother may have been.

"Yes. She was abnormally old for her lifespan, but I think what happened, was that she went on a safari trip and she met you, and then she got smoked by a mysterious purple flower." Fluttershy explained.

"Yeah, that happened to me too. Wait a second... That flower definitely did something, and I think I read it in a book somewhere that the flower is a permanent poison joke flower. Well, sort of, it boosts your weakest ability. For me, it was my, umm, insaneness. And for her, I guess it was her age." Discord concluded.

"That actually makes a lot of sense now that I know the answer to a lifelong mystery." Fluttershy said. "Could we finish that movie that we watched last night? I think I fell asleep watching the phantom of the opera. How about we watch that tonight?"

"Umm, Fluttershy, the time is," Discord checked the clock. "10:23 at night. Or I could be mistaken. Oh whatever, the next day is going to be at twelve."

"Okay. Let's watch the Phantom of the Opera!"

On the sixth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me,
six games ponies play,
five carrot cake cookies,
four heating blankets,
three windigos,
two Hershey's kisses,
and a great big breakfast buffet!