• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 1,013 Views, 18 Comments

Happy hearths warming! - Featherclaw



A fluttercord story involving the 25 days of christmas and a true meaning of hearth's warming.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,013

On the 14th day of christmas,

"I cant believe it." Rainbow Dash muttered. Fluttershy and Discord opened their eyes as they saw Starlight, Twilight, Derpy, Dinky, Rainbow Dash and Amethyst.

"Umm..." Fluttershy hid behind her mane as she scooted closer to Discord.

"I cant believe it." Rainbow Dash was still muttering to herself, but Discord could see Derpy looking straight at him, smiling at him. She mouthed, good job! Meanwhile, Starlight and Twilight were staring at each other, unsure of what to say. Amethyst finally spoke, saying, "I didn't know they were together!" By this time, Fluttershy got a very serious blush, and her face went aflame. There was then some more awkward silence, then Rainbow Dash shouted.

"I CANT BELIEVE IT!" She was beyond shocked to how Fluttershy could, could, could openly kiss Discord! She flew her short distance to Fluttershy and turned her head towards her. "HOW CAN YOU KISS THAT, THAT GUY?!"

Fluttershy winced at Rainbow Dash's volume. She then shrank back towards Discord, who immediately wrapped his mis-matched arms around her body. Discord then replied. "Of course she kissed 'that guy!' She kissed the guy that she wanted to! Now, Rainbow Dash, do you even know what Fluttershy and I have done together?!"

Rainbow couldn't think of what to say. She couldn't believe what Fluttershy did, or, at least she suspected. Discord's answer also left her thinking, besides being speechless. What. Have. They. Been. Doing?

"Discord? I, I think you may want to explain." Twilight was probably thinking what Rainbow Dash was thinking as well.

"What do I need to explain? We like each other! I stayed at Fluttershy's house for the holidays, not knowing the snow was going to get this bad. Do I really need to explain any more?" Upon Discord's explanation, Fluttershy's face got pale. She was thinking the sole words, like each other, like, each, like... like... Fluttershy then cried.Discord saw her 14 tears that fell onto the mat so he automatically slipped down to the mat they were sitting on, and went to a lying pose with Fluttershy. Everypony heard her whimpers and sobs, muffled because of Discord's fur. They then slowly trotted away, even Derpy, who knew they needed their own talking space. By the time everypony was gone, he then started talking.

"Fluttershy, you can tell me anything, remember?" Discord ran his fingers through her hair, as he heard her crying slow.

"*sniff sniff* I, I know that. It's, it's just that, so much has been going on." Fluttershy's muffled voice came to Discord's ears.

"I know that. You know what? How about we just take this, one at a time." Discord suggested.

"O-okay. *clears throat* For s-starters, I cant believe Rainbow Dash's reaction. I, I thought she would be okay with it, but I guess not." Fluttershy thought she would be loyal, but maybe this is the wrong case.

"And the other thing?" Discord couldn't think of anything else that would make Fluttershy cry, until, she spoke.

"You liked me."

"What? What's so wrong about that?" His response was another cry.

"Y-you like me, unlike our dream..." Fluttershy was still thinking about that one phenomenon. Would she have said yes?

"Fluttershy, do you know what you just felt?" Discord was trying so hard not to smirk.

"What?"


"You just got friend-zoned." Fluttershy stared at him for a moment, then he started laughing. Which confused Fluttershy.

"I-I'm sorry, I guess I must have not explained why. You see, when you like someone, but the other guy said he just thinks you are a friend, or in this case, he just 'likes you', you feel rejected. Now don't you understand?" Fluttershy then understood, but was still hurt inside. She didn't know what to say to Discord.

"Y-yes." Was the only word she could muster, without breaking again. Discord saw Fluttershy's face. She was still melancholy, and Discord had to cheer her up. He then gave an expression, as if to show he just had a brilliant idea.

Discord then got up from his spot, and held out his hand. Fluttershy was relating this scenario to her dream. She slowly took his hold, and he pulled her off the ground, and they were in the middle of the room. Fluttershy, at first, was still feeling a bit sad, so she looked around, to see if her friends were nearby to watch, which they were not. She looked back up to Discord's face, and she saw that it showed brightness and warmth, her whole mood changed. Yes, it was exactly like their dream, they were dancing through out the night, always looking into each other's eyes. It was perfect. They danced all the way up to the top of the tent, thanks to their wings, and they continued to dance up there. They lowered back down, yet in a spinning motion. They both didn't want to stop. So they kept on dancing and dancing and dancing. They slowly went to a stop, and Fluttershy's heart skipped a beat as she saw Discord bend down to one knee. He pulled out a small blue box, the same color as the one in her dream. He said the words that Fluttershy didn't know the answer to; "Will you marry me?"

Fluttershy didn't want him to keep on waiting, so she thought it through quickly, but thoroughly. She then said a very prideful response.

That response was "Yes."


On the 14th day of Christmas
my true love gave to me,
14 sorrow, filled tears,
13 flutter dreams,
12 muffins a making,
11 mittens,
10 signs of symptoms,
9 hooves of snow,
8 lookout ponies,
7 snowmare figures,
6 games, ponies play,
5 carrot cake cookies,
4 heating blankets,
3 windigos,
2 Hershey's kisses,
and a great big breakfast buffet!