• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 1,013 Views, 18 Comments

Happy hearths warming! - Featherclaw



A fluttercord story involving the 25 days of christmas and a true meaning of hearth's warming.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,013

On the 13th day of christmas,

When Fluttershy and Discord woke up, they both just had their eyes open, but not actually lifting their heads. Twilight was looking over Rainbow Dash, the pony who was between them. Fluttershy patiently waited for Twilight to finish, so she could talk to her. Discord on the other hoof, was trying to go back to sleep. Twilight was right in front of Fluttershy, and Fluttershy was starting to get up.

"Hey Twilight?" Fluttershy lifted her head so she could look at Twilight.

"Oh Fluttershy! You're finally awake!" Twilight was so glad that Fluttershy was now conscious, as in, awake.

"Finally? Oh, was I out long?" She had no idea that she had slept in, or where she was.

"Oh yes you were. You had hypothermia. And, you were unconscious for a good 3 days." Fluttershy could not believe her ears, she had hypothermia?!

"Oh. Well, may I ask, what happened that caused me to, go into hypothermia?" Fluttershy didn't remember much about what brought her here, much less, where she is. She decided to look around for a quick second. It seemed like she was in some sort of room, for ponies who were in need of recovery.

"Well, I think Rainbow here has a better story to tell, rather than me." Twilight moved away, and Rainbow Dash was right near her.

"*gasp!* Rainbow Dash! You're awake!" Fluttershy hugged her, with happiness that another friend shared a thought with her.

"Yeah, and you are too!" Rainbow returned the gesture. "Oh, the story, right. So, we were out in the blizzard, right?"

"Yeah, I was just leaving my house with Discord, but then Discord slipped into a tunnel and I did as well, except it was a separate one. Keep on going!" Fluttershy sat and listened.

"So then you were in the blizzard, and you immediately saw me, because of my mane and fur color. Then we trekked across the snow, and I was hoping that we could get to Ponyville as fast as possible. You know, Ponyville is under 9 hooves of snow! But then, you got really tired, and a bit pale for that matter, and you said something along the lines of: 'oh I cant make it Rainbow Dash,' or, 'I'm going to fall.'" Fluttershy faintly remembered saying that. She was really cold at the time, and she was fainting because of over-exertion. "I thought you were just faking, but when I looked back, you were lying on the snow! I then grabbed you and hoisted you onto my back. I finally made it to the mysterious hill, that appeared out of Ponyville, for some odd reason. It was really steep, and there was nothing to sled you down, except for a small piece of bark. I knew you couldn't make it any longer without heat, so I pushed you down the hill, while you were in a little ball on the bark. I had no way of going down. If I walked down, I would probably trip, or I may take too long and die. And if I rolled down, I would get very cold. So, I had to do what my brain was telling me to do at the time; fly down."

Fluttershy gasped at what Rainbow Dash had done. Pegasai sweaters usually had no wing holes, since it would be too cold to fly. Rainbow Dash, must have took off her sweater, and probably jacket, and flew down there!

"I know what you are thinking Fluttershy. I was really dumb to do that, but I was cold at the time! I was doing the first plan that probably came to mind! So, I took off my sweater and jacket, and flew down. I was freezing cold, but I didn't care. I knew I had to get down, no matter what. So, I eventually lost air, because of the ridiculous winds, and that I didn't have much energy left. So, the last thing I knew, was that I muzzle-dived to the snow." Flutttershy could not believe it, Rainbow Dash almost sacrificed herself so she could go down with her.

"Wow." Was all Fluttershy could say. Rainbow Dash was then called over by Twilight to run some tests on Rainbow Dash, so she could be fully prepared to save more ponies. Fluttershy then settled back down. She was a tad bored. If only there would be fun right now. The funniest ponies out there were Pinkie, and Cheese Sandwich, but Pinkie is somewhere, and Cheese is out doing his business. That only leaves to a certain draconequus that caught her eye while she was looking around.

"Discord?" Fluttershy whispered.

hmm? Oh, I must be dreaming. Discord thought.

"Discord?" Fluttershy whispered again.

That sounds too much like the real Fluttershy! Discord moved his head from his sleeping position, and turned it towards the source of the sound.

"Fluttershy?"

"Discord!" They harmonized.

"Oh Fluttershy, I thought you were still out there!"

"Me too. Oh, I have so many things to ask you, oh where do I start?" Fluttershy thought about it for one moment, and then decided to go with the one that was still fresh in her mind. "How did you escape from the blizzard?"

"Me? I escaped with Derpy and Dinky! I was trying to go with them, but they started getting really tired, so I had to carry them to Ponyville, until I met up with the big hill! I had to knock over a tree, which had then drained practically all my energy, but I almost gave up, then the tree tilted and fell. I quickly put them on the tree, and then it went down the hill." Discord said quickly, so he could hear Fluttershy's sweet voice.

"Well, did you hear the conversation that I had with Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy asked Discord.

"Yes. Well, I have another question."

"What is it Discord?" Fluttershy was curious to what he was going to say.

"Umm, uhh... Did you, have a dream, last night?" Discord hoped it wasn't just his imagination.

"Y-yes. What was, yours about?" Fluttershy thought the same as Discord did.

"I, I guess it was, about you." Discord hoped Fluttershy didn't think he was ridiculous in his imagination.

"Really?! You're, you're serious?" Fluttershy couldn't believe what Discord was implying.

"Yes?"

"Well, that's interesting, since I had a dream about you too!" Discord's face lightened up as she said this.

"What did I do in your dream?" Discord was very curious to see if his dream, was the exact same as her dream.

"Well, first, I was in a blizzard, then I saw a gray thing walking towards me. I couldn't control my body at all! The gray thing got closer, and closer," Oh no, please don't let hers be a nightmare, Discord thought. "And it then held out a hoof as if to dance. I couldn't help but accept it. So, the gray thing and I danced around, then I looked elsewhere, and when I looked back at the blob, I saw you. I grew more happy as we danced our hearts out, and soon the snow was stopping in mid-air, and the wind was gone. We then started floating, and danced some more. Then we came back down, and you asked the weirdest thing; Will you marry me? I was afraid. I did want to, but I knew I would have to accept reality some day. Then you put away the box, and we danced again, this time, right before I woke up, you asked me again; will you marry me?" Fluttershy stared into Discord's eyes. They read confusion, excitement, and also love.

"You what's even funnier?" Discord was glad of Fluttershy's connected dream. "I had this dream for 13 days, ever since I came to your home. I've always had a fake Fluttershy in my dreams, but now, I had the real Fluttershy." Fluttershy saw the dreaminess in Discord's eyes. He started leaning in, and Fluttershy crashed her lips against his. She closed her eyes, and so did Discord. Little did they know, Starlight, Dinky, Derpy, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Amethyst heard the whole conversation.


On the 13th day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
13 Flutter dreams,
12 muffins a making,
11 mittens,
10 signs of symptoms,
9 hooves of snow,
8 lookout ponies,
7 snowmare figures,
6 games, ponies play,
5 carrot cake cookies,
4 heating blankets,
3 windigos,
2 Hershey's kisses,
and a great big breakfast buffet!