• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 1,013 Views, 18 Comments

Happy hearths warming! - Featherclaw



A fluttercord story involving the 25 days of christmas and a true meaning of hearth's warming.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,013

On the 8th day of christmas,

White. All he saw was endless white. Discord was sliding down a tunnel, made of ice, and Discord desperately tried to use his magic, but failed because of the powerful windigos and the storm. Then he started wondering. Where is Fluttershy? I heard her scream! Oh no. Please let her be safe. Discord was then thrown out of the slide and into the fluffy ground called snow. Discord, already freezing, looked around to see anything to stay at. He couldn't see much because of the winds blowing in his face, but luckily he saw a branch and lumbered to it. He then had an idea. He added snow to the perimeter of where he was going to shelter. It grew to a wall, and decided that it was enough, since it blocked the wind. Then it fell on his face. Great. He was useless without his powers, he couldn't see, and now what? He can't hear, because of the powerful winds?!

"Hello?!" Discord heard a call from ahead. Discord knew how terrible these wind's are of transporting sound. So he was lucky to hear the call, not be the caller.

Discord decided to jump each step, so he went against the wind to find this mystery caller. It took awhile before he saw a lump against the oddly smooth snow and jumped to that. He was really close when he heard the call again.

"H-Hello?!"

That call was coming from this lump. So, carefully stepping to the side, he walked around the mound and saw Derpy and Dinky, in a shivering mound.

"Derpy?" Discord wondered why those two were out in the snow.

"D-Discord? I-is F-Fluttershy with you?" Derpy asked Discord. Another wave of wind blew across Discord's face, so he huddled with them.

"Why, what makes you say that?" Discord thought it wasn't obvious that he came from Fluttershy's cottage.

"W-well, t-the closest h-house here is F-Fluttershy's house and I-I c-concluded that y-you were t-there. Y-you also have t-the s-similar c-clothing style a-as F-Fluttershy. *breathes through teeth*" Derpy chattered. "Y-you also d-don't chatter your t-teeth. So y-you m-must have come f-from a w-warm p-place."

Discord was amazed by Derpy's observance. She may look dumb, but she is a smart cookie.

"Weeeelll, you're correct. You see, Fluttershy asked to go check on her friends, and I couldn't leave her out here alone, so I should go with her in case there is danger. Then we got separated..." Discord would have twiddled his thumbs, but the blizzard kept him focused.

"Okay... S-so could I a-ask you a question?" Derpy tried to make friction with her hooves as she said this.

"Umm... Sure." Discord had no idea where this was going, but he still listened.

"D-do you l-love her?" Derpy huddled around her daughter.

"What?" Discord didn't know what she was going to say, but he didn't expect a question like that!

"S-so, Do Y-you Love H-her?" Discord felt like Derpy was staring into his soul. He finally broke, and said:

"Yes." Discord looked down. He couldn't stop the wave of emotions pouring out of his mouth, he felt a bit sorry for Dinky though.

"I love her! I don't deserve her! But I cant stop this urge, to, to... to, hold her, and run my talons through her hair... I just cant live without her. It's not that I want her, I need her." Discord thought he was hopeless. Even if he could win her heart, she would always know of his terrible past. She doesn't even know half of it.

"Discord. I-if I were n-not already married, I w-would fall for you." Derpy said bluntly.

"You really think so?" Discord never knew he was good with words to impress anypony. Not Fluttershy.

"I-I know so." Derpy gave him a look of support. "C-come on. W-we came looking f-for any survivors, a-and we got one."

Before Discord could interfere, Dinky did.

"What a-about F-Fluttershy M-mommy?" Dinky looked up at Derpy.

"Oh. Well, O-off to find F-Fluttershy!" Derpy hopped over the snow wall that she built and went a certain direction.

"Mommy? I-I think that is the w-wrong way."

"I-I know that. W-We should g-go to Ponyvile so we c-can wait f-for h-her there." Fluttershy was a strong pony, she would find Rainbow dash, who was also looking for survivors.

"O-okay Mommy." The trio hobbled toward the direction they were going to, and started getting blown by the wind.


"W-where am I?" Fluttershy just got shot out of the slide that she fell in. Discord was not with her, obviously, but she felt like something was watching her. She looked around and saw white, and more white. Wait. She saw something rainbow. That had to be Rainbow Dash, but why would she be here?

"Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy's mane was getting in her eyes, and she hated how it just made the wind's greater in her face. She stepped closer to the little mound in front of her, and kept on half-walking half-jumping over to it. There was a pony there, she knew it. She gasped as she saw that it was indeed Rainbow Dash.

"Fluttershy!"

"Rainbow!"

The two childhood friends embraced in a hug. Fluttershy was happy to not be alone, and Rainbow Dash was worried sick about Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy! I found you!"

"You found me? I was always in my house! With Discord!" Fluttershy didn't know that Rainbow Dash was looking for her. Does that mean that her friends were looking for her too?

"Wait one second. You, spent eight whole days with Discord?!" Rainbow Dash could not imagine living with that weirdo for eight, whole days!

"Yes eight whole days! And I enjoyed his company! You shouldn't talk to him that way!" Fluttershy blushed like crazy about how she actually told Rainbow Dash about her time with Discord.

"Whatever! We shouldn't be arguing. We have to find the rest of ponyville, there is eight ponies who are on lookout for survivors. Including me." Rainbow Dash trotted to a direction that Fluttershy didn't even know could be a possible route to ponyville.

"Come on. We gota go back. They are waiting for us." Fluttershy was confused. Who were 'they'?

"Who is 'they?'" Fluttershy trotted with her, the wind blowing her mane away.

"The rest of the mane six, along with Derpy, Amethyst, Dinky, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, and Mayor Mare." Fluttershy could not believe how little ponies were at ponyville. Her friends must really be missing her.

"Okay. Let's go."

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
eight lookout ponies,
seven snowmare figures,
six games, ponies play,
five carrot cake cookies,
four heating blankets,
three windigos,
two Hershey's kisses,
and a great big breakfast buffet!