• Published 13th Oct 2016
  • 1,731 Views, 34 Comments

The Melody of Love - Sapphire Rose 12



In an alternate universe, Discord tries to parent three fillies and hires a nanny named Fluttershy who he ends up not being able to resist.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,731

Chapter 10: A True Family

The wedding was over. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and the triplets all agreed it was amazing. Fluttershy had the night of her life. Her spirits were high and every time she looked at Discord, she couldn't do anything but grin. Discord had a night he never imagined would happen. He always expected to be alone forever. Yet here he stood looking at the most beautiful mare he had ever seen. Sweet Melody was no longer a part of his life.

As the team arrived at Discord's house, Fluttershy settled into her new home. "Feels so good to be back!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

The triplets were more excited than they ever were.

"Hey, Dad!" Apple Bloom called.

"Yes, Apple Bloom?" Discord answered, loving to hear the triplets call him their father.

"Can we have a younger sibling?" Apple Bloom asked.

Fluttershy and Discord exchanged a look of shock.

"Um... we'll have to wait until I'm.... we're... ready for that," Fluttershy stuttered.

"Aww," the triplets said.

"I can't believe you two are married now," Rarity said in delight.

"Me either," Rainbow Dash added. "Congratulations. Discord, you looked so nervous."

Discord laughed. "Honestly, I was a bit nervous."

Pinkie Pie giggled and nudged him. "Well, it's all over with now," she teased.

"But now I wished it was still happening," Discord admitted. "That was the best day I've ever had."

Fluttershy blushed a little and embraced him. "Me too."

"Well, we've gotta go," Rainbow Dash said. "Business down in Baltimare."

Pinkie Pie nodded and they both hopped in their newly painted chariot. Instead of black, it was now a glimmering silver that even shone in the moonlight. Rarity, Discord, Fluttershy, and the triplets gave them a wave goodbye.

As the chariot rode away, Rarity yawned.

"I'm going to go to bed," Rarity announced sleepily. "I don't want to miss out on my beauty sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Discord and Fluttershy returned.

As Rarity shut the door to her bedroom, the triplets decided to go to bed too.

"We'd love to stay up," Scootaloo explained. "But the wedding has drained our energy."

"Goodnight," Apple Bloom said.

"Goodnight, girls," Fluttershy said. "Would you like me to come up and sing you a lullaby?"

"I've missed those lullabies for quite some time," Apple Bloom replied. "Yes, please."

"Okay, I'll be up in a minute," Fluttershy told them.

The triplets went upstairs and into their bedroom.

Fluttershy and Discord looked at each other.

"Well, looks like we're back to where our story started," Fluttershy said. "But better."

Discord couldn't agree more. The couple shared a kiss.





As life continued to go on, it hit some bumps in the road, but the trials ended quickly and life was amazing for each and every one of them.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie enjoyed their jobs as actioneers as Applejack called them. They could devise any plans they wanted to stop a situation and no longer had to hide in the shadows. They were loved heroes throughout all of Equestria for their acts of heroism.

Rarity began to fashion design again and even got brave enough to show off her designs again in Manehattan. This time, her fashion was accepted and loved. Not long afterward, she opened boutiques and began to sell her lines around Equestria. Her dreams of becoming a fashion sensation were no longer a forgotten fantasy. They were now a true reality. Her work was loved throughout Equestria and anytime she journeyed to Manehattan or Canterlot, she was met with cheers and cameras.

The triplets loved Fluttershy and Discord as their true mother and father. They knew Uncle Misfortune and Aunt Sweet Melody were their birth parents, but they no longer considered them so especially since they were split by law. Fluttershy's lullabies comforted them to sleep at night and Discord's power to make their imaginations reality made their games so much more fun. The triplets still fought with each other because sibling rivalry isn't uncommon, but Fluttershy and Discord knew exactly what to do to stop it.

Fluttershy and Discord were the happiest of them all. Discord found love where he least expected it and Fluttershy did as well. Discord was interested in learning to cook, so Fluttershy taught him how to cook without any of his magic. Discord wasn't so good at cooking at first, but he got better at it and soon he was able to make an entire dinner by himself. They soon switched off between cooking meals every night. Fluttershy and Discord had the occasional fight, but they knew how to still love each other no matter what happened.

That's what is special about the melody of love. It never stops singing.

Author's Note:

Complete! :pinkiehappy:

Hoped you liked it!

Comments ( 7 )

Why would anyone disown the adorable, beautiful, and wonderful Cutie Mark Crusaders! We will get an explanation, right? ...Right?

7795157 There is a sequel. It will be awhile before it actually comes out as there are other short explanations for the characters coming out as well. But maybe, you'll just have to wait and see. :raritywink:

awesome fanfic!!! :heart:

Great story, eagerly awaiting the sequel, although it threw me off how short these chapters are. Sensory language is needed.

Dispite this, it was a sweet story, and I liked it. Kudos, really.
:twilightsmile:

I don't think this needs a Teen rating.

I need to point this out first the story is good but I wish there was more story with the cmc are sisters

Login or register to comment